Maybe It Wouldn't Be Such A Bad Idea

Talk to Me.

Around 5:00 the school gathered at the gates of the amusement park and did a head count of everyone there. Once all thirty- something of the high-schoolers were there they hopped on the bus and headed back to the Crowne Plaza to get dinner at the plazas bistro, located on the top floor. 

After an hour of sitting in the bus the class went upstairs to change and freshen up before getting dinner. Around seven everyone headed upstairs to get dinner at the bistro. Everyone spread out to their own groups and picked out a booth to be seated at. Of course, Hana, Wendy, Devon and Pauline sat together. After sitting and talking about how awesome their day was they ordered food when the waiter came around. They all ordered a giant pizza to share and a salad with their drinks.

"Oh my god and did you see that boy in the white shirt with the leather jacket?" Pauline said.

"The one by the ticket booth, right? He was so gorgeous!" Wendy added.

"Agreed." Devon said with a goofy grin on her face.

"Gee Dev, stop drooling." Pauline said laughing.

"You gotta admit he was "drool worthy"." Wendy added.

They all looked over at Hana who was lost looking down in her lap stirring her bitter lemon with the straw.

"Hello? Hana..." Devon said reaching across the table to poke her cheek.

"Uh, yeah?" Hana said looking up startled.

"Earth to Hana. Are you okay? You look so out of it." Wendy said feeling her forehead for any fever.

"Yeah, just thinking about something. Can I ask you guys something?" Hana said quietly.

"Sure. What is it?" Pauline said.

"I've been thinking, what do you guys think if I really did try out? For NH Media, I mean. Hana asked.

Honestly, Hana truly wanted to try out for the company. She wanted to be back in Korea, doing what she loved. Dancing and rapping. This was her only chance to get away from her evil aunt and cousins forever. If she couldn't get that full ride scholarship to Uni in New York, she would be stuck acting as a servant to her aunt. No school. No social life. And truthfully, getting that scholarship to Uni would be hard even for someone as bright at Hana. Sure she went to a great school, did exceptionally well in class and many of the teachers enjoyed having her in their class but without and extracurricular activities, it would be nearly impossible. She didn't play any sports or join any clubs to put down on her resume for college. She was to busy with school, work and trying to get by living with her aunt and cousins.

"Umm... That was well... unexpected... I don't know what to say to that." Wendy said. As Hanas best friend, she knew the circumstances Hana was living under. How cruel her aunt and cousins were to her, how getting that full-ride to college would be so hard and how much Hana hated her life with her aunt. She needed to break free and the only way she was able to find happiness was with dance. 

"I personally think you should go for it." Devon said nodding her head like a maniac. She really wanted Hana to do it. She knew how strong and talented Hana was and believed that if she really wanted to do it she should because she could.

"Hana, if you really want to, do it. I would totally back you up and support you all the way." Pauline said.

Hana had tears in her eyes. She never got super close to Devon and Pauline. She only had one friend, Wendy but she was grateful that these girls she barely knew, would bond with her and were supportive of her decisions.

"Let's have a vote. Those in favor of Hana auditioning hold your drinks up." Devon said. Without hesitation, all the girls held their drinks up.

"It's decided. Hana, you are trying out. Cheers to that." Devon said. They clinked glasses and finished dinner with laughter.