Part X

Black Pearl

Heechul and Siwon stood there at a standstill. Nobody moved. Nobody said a word. He had just said what everyone was thinking, but too afraid to say out loud. Siwon’s face flushed with anger.

                “Shut up!” He cried. Onew let out a small gasp as the others looked onward in shock. Siwon’s lips twitched. “You are nothing, compared to him. Leave me be. If that is the life he chooses, so be it, but I will not have another word, out of you.” He turned away and walked toward the building. Heechul stood there, stoic, like a statue.

                Kyungsoo and the others looked at one another. “Awkward~” Xiumin whispered to Suho. He nodded silently as they headed for the door to the complex.

                “Are you really willing to go back?” Heechul called after him. Siwon looked back. Heechul had his arms crossed, looking out into the distance. “After everything he’s put you through, all that you’ve experienced up until now, you’re really willing to give all that up? For someone, who might not even love you?” he asked, looking over at him. His eyes were glassy as tears pooled in his eyes.

                “I must do what is right for my people.” He simply answered.

                “But what’s right for you?” Heechul asked. Siwon shook his head.

                “That is not a leader’s duty to think about. I think of everyone else’s well-being before mine. It’s how it’s done. It’s how it’s always been done.”

                “Were you thinking of Taemin when you came out, even when he said he needed to be alone? This is his choice to make!” Siwon came forward and grabbed Heechul by his chin.

                “Well I am the clan leader, he is my fiancé, and what he decides impacts all of us. I have every right to be here, and will not leave until I have my answer.” He roughly let go of him and turned back to the annex. “Let’s go. Now.” He commanded.

*****

                Kangta and Taemin were lying in bed in each other’s arms. They didn’t need to say anything. The silence spoke for itself. Heejun and Hangeng were out in the dining room. For all Hangeng knew, Taemin was just visiting with Kangta.

                Kangta was planting small kisses along Taemin’s neck. Taemin wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his lips upon his shoulder. “You should get going. I don’t want to keep you too long,” he whispered, caressing the younger boy’s face.

                “You can keep me as long as you want.” Taemin said, pulling at his shirt. Kangta smiled.

                “Promise?”

                “I Promise.” Kangta pulled Taemin in for a kiss, which he gladly received.

*****

                Hangeng and Heejun were talking about the latest football game when there was a knock at the door. Heejun stood up and cautiously moved towards the door. There was another knock, this time, it was more urgent.

                Heejun was surprised to see a rag-tag group of boys. Most of them wore clothes too big for them. He looked into the eyes of a tall, dark boy. He instinctively began to growl.

                Siwon growled back. He didn’t like this person. Heechul stood by, utterly confused. Kyungsoo took him by the shoulder and gently pulled him back. There was no need for a human to get caught up in their affairs.

                “State your name and business; I have no time to deal with your kind.” Heejun practically spat the words at Siwon. Kris and Kyungsoo looked at each other. They couldn’t understand why there was so much tension already.

                “I am here for Taemin.” Siwon stated. Heejun was a little taken aback. His eyes widened, and then his face relaxed.

                “Ah, you much be Leader Siwon.” He stepped closer, practically coming nose to nose with him. “A bit far out of your territory, aren’t you, Lycan?” he asked. A knob jiggled in the other room, and Taemin stepped out. His eyes widened as he saw the group of people at the door.

                Hangeng quickly stood up, fear flooded his face. He turned to Taemin and quickly walked forward. Heejun held out his hand, and he froze in place. With a squeeze of his palm, Hangeng fell to the floor.

                “Leader Heejun, what have you done?” asked Taemin. Heejun kindly smiled at him.

                “Don’t worry, little Taemin. I may no longer be a Lycan, but she said nothing about practicing Black magic.” He swept his hand over Hangeng’s body, to reveal a little straw doll. Taemin’s mouth hung in awe. “I knew I’d find you one day, it was just a matter of time.” He said, picking up the doll and ruffling his hair. He turned back to the group.

                “Taemin,” Kyungsoo’s voice was shaking. “Who is this?” Taemin looked up at Heejun, and he smiled down at Taemin.

                “It’s okay, you can tell them.” Taemin looked back at them.

                “This is Leader Heejun, he was the leader of my tribe, before the hunters attacked.” He heard footsteps as Kangta came out of the room, leaning on a crutch. “And this is Kangta, my fiancée.” There was a rustling in the group as Onew and Minho mad their way forward. Their eyes were wide in awe.

                “Father?” Onew ran forward and stood in front of Heejun. “Dad? Is that really you?” Heejun smiled and embraced the young boy.

                “My son. I’ve missed you so much.” He held him close, refusing to let go, not that Onew had wanted him to. Minho’s eyes filled with tears.

                “What about…what about the others?” he asked. Kangta shook his head. Minho covered his mouth, trying to stifle his sobs. He fell to his knees. Taemin came forward and put his arms around him.

                “Wait, you’re…” Kyungsoo was deeply confused. “You’re members of their tribe?” he asked. Heejun nodded. “Why didn’t you come after them?” he asked.

                “That’s kind of hard to do when you’re half dead.” Heejun replied bluntly. Kris had nothing to add. Neither did anyone else. The humans stood in the back, not knowing what to do.

                Siwon stepped forward. Kangta too came forward. “Fiancée?” Kangta scoffed. “You’re not marriageable material by any means. I have no idea what Taemin was even thinking. I’d turn in my grave before I’d let him marry the likes of you.”

                “Harsh words, for a broken man.” Siwon retorted. “It’s been too long, brother.” Kangta smirked.

                “Yes, I suppose it has.”

END OF PART X