Chapter 8

A Stranger in My Own Home

Before I start this chapter I would like to warn you... this will include some passive aggressive racism. I do not intend on offending anyone, but like I said before this story is based on what I'm currently going through. I'm trying my best to write in the least offensive way without messing up the story line. Also! I accidently erased this entire chapter before saving it... I think I've learned to type it into Microsoft Word first before copy-and-pasting it here... D: Thankfully I read it over quickly before accidently pressing the back button sooo maybe I'll remember it? I'm sorry if it . XP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Hoon's POV)

I watched Eli and Marlee suspiciously as the entered back into the theater and sat beside me. After a few minutes I looked back at Marlee and noticed that she wasn't paying attention to the movie. I nudged her arm and said "You ok?" She looked up at me and smiled nodding her head.

Kevin and Kiseop were crying by the end of the movie. I rolled my eyes and laughed at them. I looked over at Marlee and noticed she wasn't crying. She seems to be the type that would cry at that kind of movie... I guess she wasn't paying attention... something must be wrong... She was walking behind everyone else so I went up to her. My mind went blank. I didn't know what to say to her since my English isn't that good and her Korean isn't either... What did my teacher tell me...? Think! ...OH! Nonverbal communication! Everyone understands that! I grabbed her hand and gave her a kind smile when she looked up at me. She smiled back at me and didn't put her head back down so I guess I helped in some way... Then I remembered what she told me before so said "Marlee!" to get her attention. She looked up at me and I said "Christmas lights?" She looked shocked as if she forgot about it. She put her head down then looked back up and dragged me towards Eli. She dropped my hand before saying something to him.

Eli smiled and got everyone's attention, "Hey! So Marlee told me that her mother wants us over for dinner and that we're going to wait till after that to see the Christmas lights. Ok?" Everyone nodded and got excited for free food.

"Wait! We can't show up empty handed! We have to go get them a gift!" AJ pointed out. Marlee put her hands up in protest.

"NO! No, you don't have to do that. Really."

"It's the least we can do." Eli said and leaned in to whisper something. "maybe they'll warm up to us faster..."

Marlee pouted and dragged her feet to the van. We ended up getting a huge fruit basket and a box of chocolate shaped like a Christmas tree. Marlee giggled at our Christmas spirit but she hummed along to the festive music playing in the store the whole time. I wish I could hear her sing again... She sounded like an angel back at the art gallery... Marlee gave Eli directions to her house and I noticed her hands were shaking. I couldn't do anything about it though because I was in the back seat. Sitting beside her was Kiseop and Soohyun, but they were too busy gawking at the inflatable Santas and reindeer at a few houses we passed. We to the street Marlee said the house was on but when we got to the stop sign at the end of the street Eli said "Um... Marlee you have to tell me which house it is..."

"Sorry... I just got nervous... Turn here and it'll bring us back to where we were before..." Eli did as she said and we finally pulled into a driveway. I stepped out of the van and heard Eli scream. I watched frozen in my tracks as Eli got mauled by a wolf! Eli was then knocked down and the wolf started attacking his face!

"ROSCO! Come here, boy!" Marlee started calling the wild animal to her. Wow, she's brave... Eli stood up and wiped the slobber off his face. "Sorry! Rosco gets a little excited when he sees someone new..." The evil thing named "Rosco" sat beside Marlee and started howling.

I scooted behind Soohyun and said "Is it calling for back up??"

Kevin busted out laughing and said "NO! It's a dog! Not the police!"

"But... it looks like a wolf!" I said still hiding behind our brave leader.

Kevin continued laughing and said to Marlee, "Hoon thinks he's a wolf" He took another look at him and said, "He does kinda look like one though."

CoydogS.jpg (Not my dog but looks like him.)

Marlee nodded and said "Actually he is part wolf..." Everyone's eyes almost popped out of their heads. "My grandparent's dog was a stray and it's not uncommon around here for a wolf to... find a stray dog attractive and take her on a date... haha. but that's how Rosco was born! Isn't he beautiful though?"

Soohyun stepped away from me so I backed up. Soohyun was going over to Rosco! He squatted in front of him and patted his head. Rosco's tail started wagging and he Soohyun's face all over! Soohyun laughed and pushed him away. He stood up and pat his head again. "I think we should go inside. I'm sure they know we're here since SOMEONE announced it to the entire neighborhood..." Marlee smiled down at Rosco and pat his head before leading us into the house.

(Marlee's POV)

"MAR- Marlee welcome home!" My mom obviously was about to yell at me but saw 7 strangers walk in after me. "And who might they be?" She said through her teeth.

I leaned in to whisper to her, "They're who I was with before... and be nice, they heard you yell at me earlier." I back up and my mom smiled at them. Let the show begin...

"Welcome! I'm Marlee's mom, but you can call me Mrs. Wilson." She said slowly as if they couldn't understand her. "Please sit down while I finish cooking."

She was about to turn around but Kevin stopped her. "Excuse me, Mrs. Wilson? We brought you a thank you gift for inviting us to your lovely home. We hope you enjoy it." Kevin held out the box of chocolates for her as Hoon held on to the basket of fruit since it was kind of heavy.

"Oh... You didn't have to do that... but thank you." She smiled as she took the box. I grabbed the basket and followed her into the kitchen as the guys sat in the living room. Once we were out of hearing range she asked me, "Are those the guys... from your posters??" She sounded curious and angry at the same time.

"Yeah. Their band is Ukiss."

She scoffed a little bit and said "Well their English is better than expected..." I rolled my eyes hoping she didn't see because then she would've raised her voice and caused a scene.

"Maybe because Kevin, the one that was speaking, is American... so is Eli. And AJ speaks fluent English... The rest of them can understand it but can't really speak that well." She didn't respond to me so I just went back into the living room and sat by Dongho.

"Noona! Is this a real Christmas tree?" He spoke too fast for me to understand so I looked to Eli to answer him.

Eli touched one of the branches and said "Yeah, it's real." He then looked at his hand covered in tree sap and asked, "Where's the bathroom?"

I laughed saying, "You probably shouldn't have touched the tree... but it's right passed the kitchen."

(Eli's POV)

I quickly washed my hands and dried them with the towel hanging by the sink. I stepped out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I noticed Mrs. Wilson was listening to Elvis Presley's Christmas album. "I like Elvis too!" I said causing her to jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you..."

"It's ok... but if you're a musician of course you should like Elvis." She stated and stirred something in a pot.

"The food smells really good by the way." I smiled praying that she didn't hate me already. I desperately wanted her to like me for Marlee's sake.

"Thank you. I just hope there's enough. Marlee didn't tell me so many people were coming..." She said obviously upset.

"I apologize on her behalf. We did distract her today..." My politeness didn't seem to be setting well with her. She just furrowed her eyebrows and didn't say another word. I took that opportunity to head back to the living room.

(Marlee's POV)

As soon as my mom said that the food was ready, my dad walked in the house. "DADDY!" I screamed jumping into his arms.

"Welcome home, sweetie! ...and who's this?" My dad said eyeing each boy.

"That's Kevin, Eli, Hoon, Dongho, Soohyun, Kiseop, and AJ. They're in a band called Ukiss." I said pointing to each one and they waved as their name was called.

"Hello boys, I hope you've treated my daughter well... and with respect..." My dad was switching to overprotective dad!

AJ was about to say something but I said "OK DADDY! The food's ready, so let's go eat!"

We all sat down after getting extra chairs from the office. For the first few minutes the only thing we could hear was the clinking of forks hitting our plates. Then something entered my mind. "Where's Rachel?"

"Oh, she's with her boyfriend having dinner with his family."

My dad took a sip of his water and said "Speaking of boy... friends... how did you boys meet my daughter?"

"well... we were touring the art gallery she works at and her boss introduced us." Kevin said.

"I see... And does Randy always introduce you to groups of young, eligible men?" Instead of answering him I kicked him under the table. He gave me a look but then Kevin spoke up.

"No sir, we're actually not that eligible. Our company doesn't allow us to date because it could get in the way of our career."

My dad's face lit up upon hearing this. "OH! That's good! Remind me to send a thank you card to your company for taking such good care of you fine young men." Everyone laughed but I just rolled my eyes. You just don't want me dating them... I looked at my mom and she didn't seem as relieved as my dad.

The rest of the dinner went fairly smooth. My mom did look up and stare at anyone that spoke in Korean however. Other than that it was ok.

"Someone mind telling me what's going on?" I froze in my seat. Hello to you too sis...

"Oh! Well, these are Marlee's new bosses. They joined us for one last supper before they take her away to join the geisha!" My dad said obviously joking, but Eli almost choked on his water. Kevin just laughed it off and of course the others did as well. I looked at Eli and mouthed "I'm sorry." He just smiled and shook his head.

"I wouldn't be surprised..." Rachel said under her breath as she walked away. There was a silence but everyone continued eating.

After we were done we all sat in the living room and AJ suggessted they sing a Christmas carol for us. They all agreed so they started singing "White Christmas". After the first few notes I realized they sounded WAY better in person. I sent a smirk over to Rachel because she always said kpop singers didn't have any talent, although she refused to ever actually listen to them. She glared at me and crossed her arms. I win! My parents seemed to be enjoying it though.

After they finished singing we clapped for them and they bowed.

"As much as I'd love to hear another song... it's getting late." My mom said.

"I agree." I said standing up. "We should probably leave now especially if we want to go see some Christmas lights!" Everyone's eyes lit up at the mention of Christmas lights. We said our goodbyes and I rushed everyone out to the van.

"That wasn't that bad." Eli said before we reached it.

"Yeah... it wasn't that good either... Don't expect me to ever bring yall back... I don't want yall to go through anything worse..." I looked up to him with an apologetic face.

"Don't worry about it. It's over now... Let's just enjoy tonight." He smiled at me and hopped back into the driver's seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UGH! It's 6am now... I've literally been up all night typing and retyping this stupid thing! Good thing it's summer and I don't have any reason to get up early... I'm going to sleep now... I hope yall enjoy this. :P

<3 thekpopginger95