Chapter 14

A Stranger in My Own Home

Author’s Note:

SOOOOO sorry for being away for about a year… Uni kept me really busy, and I knew if I came on AFF I wouldn’t study… But I’m back! And hopefully this story will be finished before I go back to uni again…

<3 thekpopginger95

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Marlee’s POV)

Wow that was close… If she ever found out… Maybe I should tell her. I mean, I don’t think she would tell anyone. But I made a promise to Hoon… I have to keep it a secret.

~the next day~

I got up early for my first class of the semester.

It’s weird having classes only on Monday… But I guess it’s a good thing. I can spend more time teaching at Washington Central and get more experience.

Hannah was still asleep when I left, so I hope she set her alarm. She’s a grown woman. I’m not always going to be there to wake her up.

(Hoon’s POV)

It’s getting late now. We’re all worn out after practice, but I have to somehow muster up the energy to stay up just a little longer so I can talk to Marlee.

We walked out of the subway and down the long stretch of sidewalk that leads to our dorm. Of course we have to wear masks and hats now that we’re back in Korea to make sure no one recognizes us. We’re probably all going to be bald by the time we’re 50 if we keep wearing these hats… Oh? Something caught my eye in a store and I stopped right by the door.

Uh, you guys go on ahead. I’ll catch up later.” I said hoping they wouldn’t ask any questions.

Soohyun turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at me. “Well… alright. Don’t stay out too late.

And with that everyone followed our leader back to the dorm.

Phew! Now… I wonder if she would like this…

(Marlee’s POV)

Weeks have passed by and I have barely spoken to Hoon. The only time he was available to talk was at night, which was in the morning for me. And of course I can’t use my phone during class as a student or teacher… I knew being in a long distance relationship would be hard… But not this hard. I feel like… like we’re not even together anymore. Maybe he’s forgotten about me already. Maybe they all have. I don’t get a chance to talk to the others either… Was is all just a dream?

I look down at the wallpaper on my phone. Nope. It was real alright.

I was walking into my dorm building and turned the corner to check my mail. I walked down the wall of mailboxes and got to section 7. 705… 705… 705… Ah! I have a package? Maybe it’s Hannah’s…

I turn the dial and unlock my mailbox, taking the package out to see that the name on the front indicated that it really did belong to me. I put it in my backpack and grabbed the few letters that we inside the mailbox as well. Bank statement. Bank statement. Something for Hannah. Invitations to events on campus. The usual.

Luckily Hannah wasn’t in the room. Now I can open this with some privacy… There’s no return address so I wonder who it could be from…

I took my scissors from the cup on my desk and sliced the tape apart. I open up one flap and heard the door being unlocked. Crap! I slid the box under my pillow and used the scissors to open up my letter from my bank like I usually do because I always tear the envelope if I try to use my bare hands.

“Hey Marlee! You wanna go get dinner now? I’m STARRRRRVIIIIIIIIING!” Hannah dropped her backpack and herself to the floor. Seeing her whine and rub her belly like that relieved me of my curiosity of what’s in the box. Maybe because she reminded me of food… *GrrrRRRrrrr*

“Uhh. Yeah. I just picked up our mail. I put yours on your desk. Let me put this up and we can go.” I hopped off my bed and placed the letter and scissors on my desk.

~that night~

“I’m gunna go ahead and take a shower so I don’t have to wake up so early in the morning.” Hannah grabbed her shower caddy and towel and walked down the hall to the shower room.

Now’s my chance!

I pulled the box out and dumped its contents on my bed. It was something small inside bubble wrap along with a letter. I unfolded the piece of paper and looked directly to the bottom.

“Hoon… It’s from Hoon.” I skimmed over the rest of the paper that only said, “Don’t forget me.”

Hmph. I know you’re busy but you could write a little bit more than that… But I guess short and sweet is the way to go if you’re not fluent in the language you’re writing in…

I looked past the paper to the item contained in bubble wrap. As soon as I picked it up and felt its shape my dropped it. I think my heart dropped at the same time. With eyes widened I picked it back up and slowly removed the bubble wrap… A ring. A shiny silver ring with two music notes on it.

_925_sterling_silver_musical_note_with_c

I put it on my right hand and realized it was a couple ring. He probably bought one for himself too because this is a normal thing to do in Korea... At first I wasn’t sure how to react. I should be happy that he’s still thinking of me but… Does he think that buying me gifts like this will make me love him more? Just because he’s a celebrity and can afford these things doesn’t mean that’s what I really want… Oh well. I should be happy. This is the first time a guy has spent this kind of money on me… like ever. But it would be nice to just spend time with him or… at least let others know about us.

*GASP*

My mind started scrambling looking for the right words. I couldn’t seem to make any sentences form. I knew what I wanted to say but everything was swirling in my head all at once I didn’t know how to put it all in just one sentence. It all made sense as tears began to collect in my eyes…

 

He’s embarrassed of me…

 

That’s why he wanted to keep it a secret. Not his fans. Not his bandmates. Not his manager. Me. It was me that was the problem. He didn’t want anyone knowing about me because… I’m not worthy of letting the public know about us… If he was serious about me then he would have no problem showing me off…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!

What’s Marlee going to do about this new realization??

Confront him? Keep it to herself? Or maybe…..

I guess you just have to wait till next time! ;P

I hope you liked it and that it was worth the wait! I will start working on the next chapter soon! ^^

 

<3 thekpopginger95