Chapter 11

A Stranger in My Own Home

(Eli’s POV)

After about 20 minutes of watching TV in silence I knew that grossing her out wouldn’t get her to stop caring about us. Maybe I should turn it up a notch. I my side facing away from the TV. I heard Marlee shift. “Are you ok?”

“Nooo! I feel nauseous and you’re not doing anything to help it…” I made a stern face even though she couldn’t see. This is killing me…

“Oh… I… I’ll go get you something.” When I heard her get up I spoke up.

“Like that soup? I thought that was supposed to make me better not worse.”

“Yeah, it was and it would have helped if you didn’t wolf it down like you did.” Geez. Is she made of stone?? I just stayed where I was until I heard her come back. “Here.” I laid flat on my back and stared at the tiny cup in her hand. It was filled with this thick, pink goo.

“No way. That stuff stinks.” I covered my mouth and nose with my blanket and shook my head.

Marlee let out a big sigh and placed the cup on the coffee table. “I can’t help you if you don’t want to help yourself…” I stared at the medicine because I couldn’t look at her face.

“Maybe I don’t want your help…”

I heard her scoff and out of the corner of my eye I saw her rub her neck. “Who was the one calling me this morning ‘Come take care of meee. I’m so siiiick!’ Remember that?” I furrowed my eyebrows cursing at myself for being that helpless. I sat up and looked passed her eyes and into her soul.

“Well I thought I was going to get a doctor, not an annoying babysitter.” She was taken aback by what I just said. I’m sorry Marlee… She frowned but ended up smiling weakly.

“You must have hit your head pretty hard, Eli… You’re acting funny…” Her eyes screamed of worry and hurt despite what the rest of her face says.

“I don’t know what you think is funny. The only joke I see is in front of me…” I couldn’t look at her anymore so I looked behind her at the clock and watched seconds pass. After what seemed like minutes Marlee spoke in a broken whisper.

“Coming from a celebrity that can’t even be recognized in his own country…” I looked up and caught sight of the door closing. A pain stung in my chest and I found it hard to breath. I couldn’t tell if it was she said or the fact that she left. I stood up and ran towards the door. I ran down the hall hoping I could catch her but when I got to the elevator no one was there. I stared at the number above the elevator and saw that it was already close to the lobby. With a painful sigh I dragged myself back to my room and fell on my bed forgetting my pillow and blanket were on the couch. I didn’t care. I just stayed there sulking in my own misery praying that I did the right thing. I did this for Marlee. She’s going to forget about us and move on with her life. And I’m going to do the same.

(Marlee’s POV)

What in the world has gotten into him?? The Eli I know is kind, funny, and charming. Not… that. That was not Eli… But maybe they’re all like that. Sweet in front of the camera but when everyone leaves, they’re just awful people… I knew this was too good to be true… They’re all fake.

I walked as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself. Luckily not that many people were out because it was a long walk and I knew I could break down at any point. I kept myself together and focused on walking until I got to the elevator of my dorm hall. I sat in the corner and caught my breath. My eyes started watering as I began to overthink the situation. I choked back my tears until I got to my dorm room. I closed the door behind me and the first thing I saw was… Ukiss. I screamed out in pain, anger, and sadness as I ripped those stupid posters off my wall. All of them. Every last picture of my broken dreams. I just threw them on the floor and crawled into my bed and cried my heart out. Why did this have to happen to me? Haven’t I gone through enough? God, was this your way of telling me my dreams are never going to be anything more than dreams? I didn’t dare look at the floor. I turned to my side and stared at the blank wall. Boring, but safe.

That outburst wore me out and I was just about to fall asleep when my phone buzzed. I wanted to ignore it and go to sleep but it kept buzzing. I groaned and rolled over to reach for it.

“Hello?” My voice sounded weird. A mix of screaming, crying, and sleepiness made me almost inaudible.

“Marlee?” It was Kevin… “Marlee, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I just… woke up from a nap.” I looked at the clock. 11:52am.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to wake you! …I just was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with us.”

Not really… But maybe I can break it off easier with them than I did with Eli. “Sure. Where?”

“Don’t worry. We’ll pick you up! Hurry up and get ready! See you soon!” Kevin sounded a little too happy… No one is ever that happy…

“Ok. Bye!” I hung up the phone and wiped the dry tears off my face. I stood up and took a step towards my closet but fell on the ground with a loud thud. Ah! Stupid posters! I kicked them under my bed and got ready in an angry manner. Acting normal is going to be hard now… I turned my laptop on and started looking through my playlists. Kpop. Kpop. Rock. Kpop. Kpop. Kpop. UGH! Why so much Kpop?? AH! The Fray! I clicked on Isaac Slade’s face and enjoyed his calming vocals. After a few songs I got a text.

“To Marlee

From Kevin

Marlee! We’re here! ^^”

I shut my laptop and grabbed my purse. As I was in the elevator I thought of happy things and practiced smiling. I walked out to the van and the door opened before I even reached for the handle. “Hello Noona!” Dongho greeted me with a big smile. I couldn’t help but smile back at him. I climbed in and closed the door behind me. I looked forward and saw that Kevin was the one driving. I half expected it to be… him, but I’m glad it wasn’t. We ended up going to an Italian restaurant but all I could think of was WINE! I’ve never been much of a drinker but I needed a glass or two right now. We sat down and looked at the menu. The waitress came to get our drinks and of course she asked all of the guys before me. “Red wine please.” Everyone looked at me with a weird look so I looked up and added, “And a glass of water.” She nodded and walked away.

“I didn’t know you drank.” AJ said. I looked at him innocently.

“Oh, I don’t drink that much. But I hear that an occasional glass of red wine is good for you.” I smiled and everyone seemed to buy it. The waitress brought out our drinks and took our orders for food. I tried to drink more water than wine before our food came. The last thing I needed was to get drunk and spill out my feelings to these guys. But once I finished my first glass and was only a quarter through with my food, the waitress asked if I would like another glass. Without thinking I agreed. And just one more glass turned to three more glasses. The waitress never asked me again probably because I had my head on the table and was slurping one noodle at a time from my plate. My head felt like a thousand pounds and was hurting pretty bad. Maybe because that stupid kid across the room is screaming for chicken nuggets. This isn’t Mickey D’s you little snot ball… I groaned and got up to go to the bathroom. I heard people calling my name but they’re just going to have to wait cuz I have to pee…

I walked out of the stall and wobbled to the sink to wash my hands. I heard gasps and I turned around to see guys standing against the walls! “WHAT ARE YALL DOING HERE? GET OU-“ someone put their hand over my mouth and I slapped their chest. I looked up and saw that it was Hoon. “AWW! Hoonie! Heeey!” I hugged him but he just dragged me out and to the van. “Wait, my food is still on the table. I didn’t get to finish it!” I pouted but he just made me sit in the van beside him and wait for the others. The doors opened again revealing the rest of the guys.

Noona, we boxed up your food for you.” Dongho handed me a to-go box and I got really excited.

“AHH! My food! Thank you so much Donghoooo!” I tried pinching his cheek but he was so far away… I just put my hand down and leaned back because I was really tired. The seat started vibrating under me and I jolted up and screamed “EARTHQUAAAAAKE!”

Someone held onto me and said “It’s just the car. Calm down.” Whoever it was pet my hair so I snuggled closer to them and let them pet me. My head was still hurting so it felt nice. I fell asleep and strange enough I didn’t have a dream. At least I didn’t remember it when I woke up. I slowly opened my eyes and I was back in my room. I tried sitting up but someone must have turned the gravity up because the pressure was killing me. My head felt like exploding. “Just lay down.” I turned my head and saw Hoon sitting at my desk.

Why are you here?” I managed to roll over to face him.

Are you ok?” He ignored my question and threw one at me.

“Um. I guess… yeah.” I rubbed my head but it didn’t hurt in any particular spot.

Then why did you drink so much? … and why did you take our posters down?” He held up my Ukiss poster and noticed the rip I made when I slipped on it. I managed to sit up and I let my vision adjust before answering him.

“Um… It’s nothing.

Hoon closed his eyes and shook his head. “No, not nothing. Tell me.

I saw that he was worried about me so I just decided to tell him. Despite what happened earlier I felt that I could trust him. “Eli and I fought… I’m mad at him.” I looked at the poster in his hands and tried burning a hole over Eli’s face with my eyes.

Hoon interrupted my concentration and took the scissors from the cup on my desk. I looked at him curiously and saw him cut into my poster. Deep inside of me hurt. It did take me forever to get that poster…. He set them back in the cup and sat next to me. He handed me a cut out of himself and said, “Always I’ll be there for you.” I smiled at the picture and up at Hoon knowing he got that phrase from “When Love Stops”. Just then I noticed how close we were. I was looking into his eyes but they weren’t looking back to mine. I looked down and saw him his lips. I gulped as he came closer. I shut my eyes tightly and felt a pair of soft lips touch mine. I kissed him back and let myself go. I didn’t think of Eli or Ukiss or the fact that they’re leaving tomorrow or anything else other than Hoon. Maybe it was the wine taking over my body and mind. He wrapped his arms around me and I put my hands on his chest. I slightly opened my eyes and looked at Hoon with his eyes closed. My eyes jerked open and I pushed him away. I looked down at my hands that were shaking.

I’m sorry… I just… I don’t know…” I looked over to him and he just smiled and nodded.

He hugged me and said “It’s ok… I love you.” My eyes widened and I looked up at him.

“Hoon, you don’t love me…” I laughed nervously. He couldn’t be serious. He put my face in his hands and looked at me sincerely.

Marlee… will you be my girlfriend?” *ba-dump ba-dump* My heart started racing but I couldn’t get myself to say yes.

“What about your company?”

I don’t care…” I looked away and shook my head.

“I don’t think I’m ready for another boyfriend… especially a long distance one…”

You’ve had a boyfriend before?” I didn’t look at him but I could just see the surprise and maybe disappointment on his face.

Yeah… It wasn’t good…” I felt a hand on my back so I looked up at Hoon.

“HE wasn’t good. I am.” I smiled and ran my hand through my hair. He was right… Hoon would never do what HE did to me… At least I hope.

“Ok…” I said and looked happily at him.

“Ok?” He looked at me excitedly.

I nodded. “I’ll be your girlfriend, Hoon… oppa?” I can’t even describe how happy he was in that moment. He jumped up and down and hugged me again. But then he stopped.

“Oh…. Um…. Secret. Ok?” I was a little disappointed but I understood so I nodded my head. Hoon brought me close to him and kissed me again. I kissed him back and didn’t push him away this time. Hoon broke away and smiled at me. He then grabbed my phone and made me unlock it. I tried to see what he was doing but he hid it from me. He then faced the camera towards us and he kissed my cheek and I acted surprised- well I don't think I was really acting. He looked at it and smiled. He pushed more buttons and handed it back to me. He added Kakao Talk on my phone and added himself to my contacts. He pushed the home button for me and that picture we just took was my wallpaper. I giggled and hugged him. He hugged me tightly before standing up. I stood up with him and he said “I have to go now…” I pouted a little bit but he kissed it away. He hugged me once more before leaving. I stood staring at the door for a long time before I looked at the picture on my phone. I smiled and sat on my bed. I looked to my side and saw the cut out of Hoon. What am I going to do with this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo.... I'm not the best at writing fight scenes I guess. I'm not an angry person so it's hard for me. :(  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this and all of the Hoon kisses! I don't know why I wait till midnight to start writing my chapters... It's 4am now so I'm going to go to bed after I post this...

Subscribe and comment!

<3 thekpopginger95