Chapter 15

A Stranger in My Own Home

(Eli’s POV)

Hoon’s been acting pretty weird recently. He’s been fidgety and avoiding us a lot. I mean we all live together, so that’s kind of impossible. I think he’s hiding something.

I walked into his room while he’s in the bathroom just to look around. I’m not snooping. Just… seeing if anything looks out of place…

I walked to his desk and poke around the neatly organized office supplies. Most of his stationary match together: Pororo! That’s a big thing here, but I think people like it just because it’s cute. I think only kids watch the show…

Out of all of the blue and yellow, something purple caught my eye. It was just a plain sticky note, so I didn’t pay much attention to it. But glancing over it, I noticed it was an address… an American address. I swiftly took a picture of it and bolted out of the room before Hoon came back.

I began walking down the hall as the door to the bathroom swung open. I turned around and gave a little nod towards Hoon just to let him know I acknowledged his presence. With a wave back to me, he entered his room and closed the door behind him. Obviously he needs some alone time… but why?

In the privacy of my own room-- well, my and Dongho’s room—I looked at the picture I captured just moments ago.

This…. This is…

I closed out of the picture, keeping in mind what I just saw, and pulled up my GPS’s history.

Yup… That’s her address.

(Marlee’s POV)

It’s almost spring break now and all I’ve had on my mind is my students. Where are they going? What are they going to do? Are they going to be safe? It’s like I’m their mother. I’ve only been with them for a few months but I already do love them as my own. Of course they can be a bit difficult sometimes, but they’re still lovely kids overall despite the rumors. Sure Washington Central is more on the low income side, but I think that actually makes them stronger… Many of these kids want to defy the odds. They don’t want to just be a statistic. They want to do better and show the world they can do it. And I hope I can help them achieve it.

As I finished flipping through their homework to make sure they were all graded and each had a little encouraging note, I heard my phone buzz on my desk. I stretched from my bed, not really wanting to get up and walk just a few feet, and grabbed my phone. I had an incoming call from someone I hadn’t heard from in a long time.

“Hello?”

“…Marlee?”

“Eli?”

“Oh good! You’re still awake!”

I glanced over at the clock on my wall. “Oh yeah… I just got done grading papers. I guess I didn’t know it was this late.”

“Oh. You’re not going to bed right now are you? I can call back later…”

“No! No, it’s fine. I’m not sleepy yet…”

“Ok… I was kinda debating on whether to call or text you, but since it’s been so long… I figured I would call you… So *cough* you’re teaching now? How’s that going?”

“It’s great. I really think this is what I’m here for- on this earth I mean. I really enjoy it… How about you? How’s the idol life treating you?” How’s the idol life treating you? C’mon Marlee…

“Haha. Work is work. Of course the guys make it more enjoyable.”

“Yeah… I miss you- ALL… I miss you all.” Oh god…

“We miss you too… Actually I was wondering when your next break is…” Phew. That was close- wait. What?

“uh- It’s next week. After this Friday, I’m done until two Mondays from now.”

“Great! Oh- uh… Do you have any plans?”

“Umm, not really. I was just going to stay here and work on some lesson plans to show my professor… Why?”

“Check your email…”

Check my email…?

I opened my laptop and did as he said. After deleting all of the junk mail, I was narrowed down to three emails that looks somewhat important. None of them were personal emails though. One about a petition I signed, one about school, and one from… an airline? I clicked on the last one and picked my phone back up.

“E-Eli…. What’s this?”

“It’s your ticket to Korea! I wanted to surprise the guys with your visit… Will you come?”

“…of course! But… What about the media? I’ll already stand out there just being a foreigner…”

“Don’t worry about that. Just come visit us and have fun- like no one is watching!”

A little smile began to form on my lips. “Thanks Eli…. So when do I leave?” I looked back at my laptop to search for a date and time.

“Your time- Saturday at 1am. I know that’s a weird time, but it’ll take a while for you to get here… We are on the other side of the world…”

“No, that’s fine. I won’t have a problem getting to the airport on time… Wait… It’s Thursday… I only have one day to pack?? Ah! I- I gotta go pack now!”

“Marlee! Marlee! Calm down! You can do that tomorrow. You should get some rest right now because you’ll be up and about a lot tomorrow…”

“I guess you’re right… Um… Thank you again, Eli.” My body sat still, but my mind was all over the place.

“Don’t mention it… really. Don’t mention it. It’s a surprise for everyone else. Ok?”

“Ok. Text or call me if you need anything ok?”

“You too! Any time, I’ll make sure to answer you as soon as I can! See ya!” *beep beep*

I looked down at my phone in utter disbelief. I set my gaze towards the screen of my laptop for confirmation that just happened.

Yep. There’s my ticket. Now I gotta pack and-

“MARLEEEEEE! Guess what I brought!”

Or I can think of a cover-up story…

I turned in my chair to see my best friend with a bag of HEAVEN!

“CHIPOTLE! YES! OH MY GAWD THANK YOU!”

I dug in the bag for my usual. Chicken burrito bowl with chips and guacamole. I started stuffing my face, forgetting what just happened and that Hannah was even in the room.

“Dang, Marlee. Slow down. It’s not gunna run away from you.”

I lifted my rice-covered face and let out a laugh through my nose. I swallowed my food and wiped my face clean.

“Sorry. I kinda forgot to eat dinner.”

Hannah threw me a worried look. “You gotta stop doing that. You’re gunna disappear! I should’ve gotten you the quesadilla-wrapped burrito instead…”

I looked down at my stomach. I don’t know what she’s talking about. I still look the same to me.

“Don’t worry. You know I would never starve myself on purpose. I love food too much.”

I took another bite of rice and beans and noticed Hannah wasn’t touching her own food. I pointed at it and I swear I saw her thought bubble pop. She began eating with me, but didn’t say another word until we went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovelies! I hope you enjoy this chapter! After being gone for so long, I hope I see some new subscribers in the comments below, as well as the older ones too! I would love some feedback!

OH! And my boyfriend (yes, I got one of those while I was away at uni ^^ ) started writing his own story! It's not necesarrily a fanfic, but trust me when I say it's worth reading! His level of writing is FARRRR beyond anything I've ever seen. Check it out for yourself! His username is janocturnal and the story is "False Realities" ^^

Here's the link:   http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/772576/false-realities-anime-life-asian-mirror-trees-leftside-tatakai

SHOW US SOME LOOOOOOOVE! :3

<3 thekpopginger95