Chapter 1

A Stranger in My Own Home

As I'm looking around the lecture hall, all I see is robots. Emotionless entities doing what they were programmed to do: listen, watch, absorb information, and write it down so they can review it weeks from now when frat parties and alcohol have cleared the history in their brains. I sighed, wishing they would  take their education seriously. Being here is a nuisance to them but to me it's a safe haven.

As minutes turn to seconds before class ends, I can hear the professor raise his voice to take the attention away from the clock. He did not like to be ignored. He was much like me, passionate about learning and teaching others. He always tells us to be life-long learners and to push ourselves to be our best. He is one of my favorite teachers although I've never told him that. I have a feeling he knows, but we keep our relationship strictly professional.

Mr. Jackson finished his last sentence and sighed. Looking at his watch he shouted, "FIVE......FOUR......THREE......TWO......ONE! BE FREE MY DEAR STUDENTS! BE FREEEE!!!!" He flailed his arms about shooing us out of his classroom. I smiled as the other students laughed jokingly at how "weird" he was. I packed up my things and followed slowly behind my peers.

As I passed by his desk I said, "That was a great lesson, Mr. Jackson. I really enjoyed it."

With a slight chuckle he stated, "You always do, but thank you! I appreciate it.... Now go out with your friends and gossip and eat ice cream or whatever it is you girls do. You study too much."

I just giggled, nodded my head, and left quietly. Did a professor really just tell me to study... less?

I did have friends but they were still in high school. My roommate was the closest person to me here.

"MARLEEEE!!!!" someone yelled as they tackle-hugged me.

Speak of the devil... "haha, hey Hannah! You waited on me?" I said as I smoothed out my shirt. She was a ball of sunshine; it was impossible to be sad around her.

"Of course I did! I wanna go get some Starbucks! Kaja!" She wasn't ever into Korean things before she met me, but I randomly say words in Korean and I kinda rubbed off on her.

~~~~~~in our dorm~~~~~~

"So are you going home while we're on break or are you going to stay here again?" Hannah questioned nonchalantly, but I knew she was worried about me.

"I think I'm going home. I don't have a good excuse to give my family, especially since it's Christmas Break." I shrugged as I sipped more of my green tea frappuccino and continued working on this piece of art for one of my classes.

"It won't be that bad. It's Christmas! Everyone's in the Christmas spirit!" she jumped off her bed and did a little twirl and hummed a Christmas carol.

"haha, you're silly... but I'm sure my family will find a way to make me feel like crap..." I pressed my lips together and set my pencil down on my pad.

Hannah stood still for a few seconds thinking of something that would cheer me up. "AH! I know!" She leaped towards my desk and got onto my computer. I stared at her confusingly because she has her own computer. Why is she on mine? But then I hear...

Hey ladies and gentlemen~ Want you to listen! Wanna know what it is? Haha, hear this! Yeah. It's our... belief!   (Ukiss's Believe)

My face immediately lit up and I sprung up from my bed and danced and sang along to the song with Hannah doing her best to keep up. After going through an entire playlist on my YouTube account, I flopped on the floor laughing. "hahahaha you should really brush up on your Korean, Hannah Banana!"

Hannah stuck her tongue out at me. "It's not like you're fluent in it either! I just can't memorize lyrics like you... poopy head..."

My eyes widened at her... I must come up with something quick! "....meany face!" I shot back at her.

"This means war..." Hannah said in a creepy low voice. I just laughed and we continued our little game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sooo, how was it? :D I hope it's not so bad. I promise Ukiss is coming! Probably not in the next chapter but maybe the one after that. :) You have to let the story develop!

Please subscribe and comment! I'd love to hear from yall!

<3 thekpopginger95