Chapter 6:

Falling Hearts

The silence was killing me literally, I had a few unpleasant thoughts in my head, and if I didn’t do anything I would probably have another fit that would be the end of me. I had been changing a lot recently; my fits had been becoming more frequent and more unpleasant, and almost impossible to bear. Well that was the only change I could point out but there was something different, something was changing inside of me.  I shuffled around on my bed further wrinkling the sheets. I held up my right hand and stared at it. All the vampires have a flower mark on their hands as special rose. Since some vampires practically looked human that tattoo was the only was to tell them apart.

What’s so special about me, or the fact that I have it on my forehead, I mean I never remember getting a tattoo so where did it come from?. I never really made the connection until Jonghyun pointed it out. All this worrying made My stomach grumble uncontrollably so I decided I should eat .I carefully tip toed out of my room. The whole house was pitch dark and the last few rays of dusk where giving the house and my skin a mysterious glow. I tried to guide myself using the wall ( I conveniently got a few splinters) the walls didn’t seem that old at first. As slow as I was walking I still managed to bump my forehead into someone on the way. I’m such a klutz, the things I manage to do….

I rubbed the sore spot and started apologizing “sorry, sorry, sorry, my fault”. I could hear a soft voice, it was Taemin he called my name “Violet is that you” I replied in hope that maybe he could use his ultimate vampire vision to guide me to the safety of the kitchen  “Yea its me ”.  I was about to ask him something before he cut me of He is a real keen boy “You okay? I haven’t seen you the whole day” his voice seemed normal nothing out of the blue (Thank god) .I replied in a sorry tone “yes I’m fine” but before I could say anything again he grabbed my hand “you must be starving, you haven’t eaten anything for the whole day” at the end of his sentence we started making our way down stairs in complete darkness hoping I wouldn’t fall.

He guided me to the kitchen I caught a glimpse of Onew drinking something. His ginger hair fell over his face in thick messy bunches. How could he see with all that hair on his face? I couldn’t see his eyes at all or maybe it was because I didn’t have super vampire vision. OR…Maybe he was moving around using vampire senses? I don’t really know much about vampires so it’s probably a wild guess. As soon as he saw me lowered his head and pulled the hood of his jacket further down and scurried past me, he didn’t even trip!! Gosh if only I could do that . I then turned my attention to Taemin who had opened the pantry and started to rummage through the goods. Something was certainly not right with Onew.

I cleared my throat and looked to Taemin for a reaction, maybe a question something to get the conversation about Onew started but nothing came.
Taemin looked at me bewildered “Are you ok? Is your throat sore?” he clenched a small box in his hands and I shook my head.
 

I remember Onew rushing to the sink before he left; his cup was probably in the sink. I was trying my best to snoop around (well snooping doesn’t sound right… investigating is more I like it) meanwhile Taemin continued to dart around the kitchen. Eventually I gave up I looked around trying to figure out the time; it was around midnight .So I must of spent all day in the my room it felt only like an hour though, I nodded to myself re-assuring the time and looked at him.

 

 

He had his tongue sticking out in concentration. “What are you making?” I walked beside Taemin to look at what he was making. He looked so attractive, the way his muscles contracted with every breath he took, every move he made. There was a cold wind blowing in from the open back door, it was tossing my hair around. Wait… was I actually thinking that about Taemin it was for sure all the screws in my brain were coming loose. Before I could gather my flying hair in a bunch and out of my face I heard a little Klink and Onew’s cup caught my attention again.

I stood on my tippy toes and peeked over Taemin’s shoulder. There was a red substance sticking to the side of the cup and there were graze marks around the edges.

I suddenly inched away however Taemin was eyeing me playfully, “I haven’t made this in ages BUT, I did it” he pulled a plate from behind his back and handed it to me. It was a sandwich; it had lettuce, cheese and some chicken. “Thanks” I nonchalantly thanked him then I took the plate from his hands and walked over to the table.
 

Taemin sat opposite of me; I was about to take a bite into my sandwich when Jonghyun appeared beside him. He wasn’t there a second ago I knew that vampires are fast and I will never adjust to their speed. And there it was I lost my appetite yet once again, I don’t even know what happens to me when I see Jonghyun but it always makes me act weird I think its because he’s danger. I get bad vibes form this guy. “Whatcha make Minnie?” Minnie?? Is that the nickname they all gave Taemin I have to admit it was cute but just not my style Tae Tae seemed cuter? Jonghyun looked over at my sandwich a strange light sparking in his eyes. “Speaking of food” his voice trailed off as I took my first bite, he was whispering something to Taemin, considering how hungry I was not even Jonghyun could make me resist this delicious looking sandwich.


“In the fridge out the back” I heard Taemin say to Jonghyun as I swallowed and went for another bite; He soon got up and disappeared into the backyard. “Taemin“ I spoke with food in my mouth but swallowed to continue my sentence. “If vampires don’t eat food, why do you have food?” I continued to eat.
He thought for a bit, “Well –“he cleared his throat and avoided my eyes.

“There are food sections at grocery stores; last night while you were sleeping, key Minho and I went grocery shopping” Taemin looked behind and then excused himself, getting up. I sat there eating the sandwich slowly and thinking Was Onew drinking blood? What’s in the fridge out the back?
I put the sandwich down on the plate and got up quietly, tip toeing over to Onew’s used cup and inspecting it more.

I sniffed it and a horrible smell hit my nostrils. All the food in my stomach had formed a hard pile at the bottom I put the cup down feeling sick. I don’t understand how they can drink it- it’s just so nasty….

I walked over to the bin and lifted the lid to see what was it was filled with empty blood bags. I gagged and put the lid down lightly, walking back over to my sandwich that was sitting on the table .My appetite was gone at this point, but I had to finish it.

Taemin re-joined just as I took my last bite. His skin was glowing and he was energetic and lively, almost bouncing off the walls while sitting down. “Was it nice?” his voice was bright and happy, I nodded “Thank you very much” I eyed him lightly watching him squirm in his seat. How did he suddenly become so different? Did he bathe in the fountain of youth?

I decided to be blunt. “What’s in the fridge out back?” I sat straight up waiting for an answer. Taemin opened his mouth to answer but stopped himself. “None of your business for now” Key butted in just as he stepped in from the back door. I squinted at him, getting a smile in return. Key’s eyes fleeted around the room and is fast movements and landed on my plate then he suddenly spat out in a high pitched noise “ He made you food?” he started to laugh frantically falling to the floor and holding his stomach. Taemin pouted and kept his energy up.

It was wacky, seeing them both full of energy, it was like they were high.
I looked over at Key rolling on the floor laughing and looked at Francisco who was smiling wide at Key. They looked amazing. Their skin was smooth and perfect; their eyes were big and they shined brightly. I got up and took my plate to the sink, glancing over at the cups in the sink.

I picked it up and looked at the two, Taemin was helping Key up.
“Did you guys drink blood?” I asked bluntly they stopped in their position and snapped their heads at me, their gazes burning holes in my skin.


Key giggled not giving me a reply, but covered his mouth straight afterwards, their behavior honestly worried me. “Violet” Minho’s deep voice echoed next to me, I looked to my side and jumped, Minho had scared me .I clenched my heart and bent over a bit, Taemin and Key burst into laughter at the moment, falling to the floor and holding their stomachs. “Are you OK?” Minho asked me in concern I nodded and told him that he just scared me .He shook his head and cursed under his breath. “Why are they like that?” I pointed at them, my mouth gaping a bit.

Minho exhaled loudly and dramatically ”don’t mind them they are crazy the circuits in their head have finally blown” I watched the bunch of them fool around It was surprisingly entertaining. ”How fun is this??” Onew snickered beside me, he looked like his usual self again though I couldn’t read his emotions something weird was brewing in him I could feel it. Being the scatterbrain I am I got distracted in my thoughts, they were drifting everywhere and so were my eyes.

 While everyone was having mini conversations with each other I completely zoned out for some reason .I started to unintentionally stare at Taemin’s face, looking at his skin, eyes, nose, eyelashes, Lips. I felt my heart jump for a second; Jonghyun looked at me in surprise, his mouth open a bit. Sh!t I forgot vampires can feel heartbeats..

I continued to look at Taemin until he looked at me “Why are you staring at me ?” he smiled and I became flustered and looked away, “I don’t know” my voices was low and hung my head in shame. “I think I will go to sleep now” I stood up and brushed my clothes with my hands running out of the room.

I ran into my room and shut the door and sat on the ground with my knees near my chest. Why did my heart skip a beat? It’s just Taemin…I blinked a lot and stared into space, but… His face is so nice. His eyes, his nose, his lips….- my thoughts started to trail off somewhere.

I slapped myself and shook my head. ITS Taemin, he is a vampire, he is dead, he drinks blood, and he would kill me... I tried to convince myself but it didn’t work, he wasn’t a monster, he was Francisco. My cheeks started to warm up as I thought about him, I shook my head violently this time.
 

I am definitely going crazy.

Please don’t let me like him……..

 

Hello my lovely subs and readers

howdy do?? 

do I even need to reedem myself y'all know imma lazy writer

but I did it just cause i luff you guys 

and an important note in the story if you see english names anywhere this is what they mean 

dante=jonghyun

francisco=taemin

mike=minho

kris=key

jeremy=onew

my story was orignally with american characters before i changed it

so i might i have forgotten to edit a name or two

forgive me tho...

anyways hoped you enjoyed this chapter it was a lighthearted one 

comment because i like giving you attention

subscribe because i love you

im out^^