Chapter 5:

Falling Hearts

 Well I had another million questions, of course who wouldn’t I didn’t know where to start so I just left it too my brain and asked whatever came onto my mind “Er, how did you guys become vampires?” I glanced at Taemin first but skipped my view over to Onew they were exchanging slightly uneasy and worried glances. Key sighed loudly; “I will go first”

He straightened up his position, “I recommend you listen well, I will never ever repeat this again” he let out another heavy sigh “Well, I’m the only child so I don’t have siblings, just me and my, mom. It was actually my best friend chanyeol at the time that turned me.  He had become infected from his girlfriend, after he turned, she left him and he didn’t know how to control himself. – He ended up killing his whole family. He was sad and lost and didn’t know what to do so he turned me ”


“Where is your friend now?” I gazed intently on him, “He was killed by another vampire” oh…. “ how?” I almost regretted my decision thinking maybe I was snooping around too much. “ I don’t really know, I waited and waited but he never came back” that sounded a bit strange to me “ how do you know he died” he seemed to be barely suppressing his tears as his eyes became watery. He brought his palms to his eyes and rubbed them vigorously.
“I’m sorry” I assumed he didn’t want to answer anyways I already know to much he chuckled in reply. “No worries, it was a long damn time ago, I know it’s sad but it’s what makes me different from the others”.

“I’ll go next” Minho raised up his hand but immediately put his hand back down.
“I do have a brother, his name is Minseok” he clenched his fists together in what seemed to be an effort not to cry. I was feeling like such a bad person at the moment. “ it was him, my mom and I we were together and really happy but when the disease broke out. I was turned and I lost control of my senses and killed my mom…..” he took a quick sharp breath in and continued “ when I reached my senses it was too late, I tried telling my brother but he refused he stabbed me and ran away I never saw him after that” with every word of that last statement his voice got weaker and weaker. He sounded like a vulnerable child. It made me pity him somehow.
 

“I will go next” Taemin stated as he stood up , “OK, out of us, I’m kinda the newbie”
I nodded, I knew he meant he was the newest turned. “To be honest, I don’t have a tragic story, simply to say Onew turned me. I was like you Violet, I lived in the wild so I can totally relate to how you feel, um I was stabbed by some crazy guy and I was bleeding to death” he Touched my hand and smiled. “Onew saved me ” he looked at Onew and smiled the depressing atmosphere seemed to have lightened greatly.

it was then when it hit me and I had realized they were all humans like me, just a bit different that’s all. I still had another million questions in my mind just before I could say anything Onew cut me off “I think you have had a big day violet, you should sleep” he chuckled softly as he stood up and offered to take me to my room.

After being led into my room and tucked into what I thought was the overly luxurious bed. Onew turned off the all lights leaving only the corridor lights to provide me with dim lighting. I rested my head on the pillow and pulled the soft covers over my body.
Sadness fell over me like an eternal shadow shadow, and my eyes started to tear up.

If only my brother could be here right now with me. I kept tossing and turning, I tried my best to sleep as I sniffed and pulled my eyes shut. But I was disturbed by the soft knock on my door and it was opened a-jar. “Violet?” it was Taemin. I heard him shut the door and almost a second later he was on the bed near my feet I could feel his presence even though I couldn’t see him. “Are you OK?” I could hear the honest sympathy and sadness in his soft voice.

I just simply shook my head in response “You know, you can tell me anything you like, I am technically the same as you” I smiled a little and he rested his hand on my leg. “Thanks Taemin”. “Violet” he called my name in a soft voice. “yes? I responded, “Are you scared of us?” he voice was curious and worried.

I thought really hard, was I scared of them? Well I was at first I was, but as I got to know them I realized they were regular guys doing their things before the disease got them and they have just changed a bit but they are not bad people. And I finally bought the courage to say something hoping it was the right thing “Not that much” my voice was quiet and a smile crept onto his face, “I’m glad” he looked at me in the eyes his eyes were beautiful like the whole world was held in them and somehow the had a freakish resemblance to the vampire who murdered my brother, I couldn’t stop staring. “Violet, please stay with us for a long time” Taemin’s face became soft and he looked down and sighed.

He left the room shortly after. He left the door slightly open should I ever need anything. Back to my endless endeavor of searching for sleep I sighed and tossed and turned as usual. I should be sleeping, I’m in a comfy bed, with a pillow and I’ve had a shower and I’m in a much better state than every other human. I should be all happy and thankful to which I am but Taemin’s words stayed in my head.

Will I stay here? Should I stay here? What would happen to me if I stay here? Millions of questions and no real answers. Of course, I nodded my head hesitantly when Taemin asked me but is that really what I want. Do I want to stay here?

I closed my eyes, huffed and continued to toss and turn until I fell asleep.
 

-

When I woke up, nothing much had changed. It was still dark outside. I didn’t sleep that long, maybe 1 hour 2 at the max? I threw the blanket off and jumped onto the ground, tip toeing to the door and opening it with a small creaking noise

I could see a colorful glow come from downstairs; The TV was still . I stealthily snuck downstairs and saw them sitting there watching the TV like zombies. They looked utterly bored.
I turned my head to the window and saw it was over cast and raining lightly, I could here the light tapping of the raindrops hitting the window that’s why it is dark since it was really only 7 in the morning.

Finally Onew stretched and made a really deep noise as he stretched.
He turned his head and jumped a bit when he saw me; Taemin and Key turned their heads too and smiled.

“Good Morning~” Onew sung with a cheeky smile. “Are you hungry?” Key appeared beside me and swung his arm around my shoulders as if we had been best friends for a lifetime. “Though, if you’re eating this time…..you’re eating at the table” he face was blank and it felt like he was staring into my soul. He probably had a mini grudge against me for spilling the noodles on the floor.

I nodded to his offer there was no lying here I was starving. Taemin jumped off his seat “Great!”
Jonghyun and Minho both stretched and whined as they cracked their backs , though they didn’t move from their seats or look away from the television.


“Did you sleep well?” Key asked as he guided me to the kitchen with his arm still around my shoulders. “I guess” my voice was quiet, “How long was I asleep?” I looked at key expecting him to reply. “3-5 hours, I think” Taemin interrupted us “What’s for breakfast?” he ran past us and sat on the kitchen bench, swinging his legs.
“You don’t eat Francisco” Kris huffed “but-but I miss eating cereal” his face was plastered with pure sadness.
 

“don’t you eat?” I carefully slithered out of Key‘s arms and stood casually with my hands by my side. Key shook his head as Taemin made a disgusted face. Then Taemin nodded  to my question, “I remember when I first turned, I was super hungry, so I made myself cereal and as soon as it hit my tongue, I spat it out, it tasted horrible” Francisco pouted. “Cereal WAS my favorite food” he sat down with a huff of disapproval.

Key snickered evilly, “It was kind of funny though, and we knew he wouldn’t like it but we didn’t say anything. We watched his reaction and the face he made was hilarious” Key cheerfully laughed “He cried for a few days, he wanted cereal really badly” Taemin’s face was red, I did know if it was out of anger or embarrassment although there is nothing embarrassing about that in fact its sort of cute. Onew joined by taking a seat opposite to Taemin. “What does it taste like to you guys?” I crossed my arms in curiosity.

Onew started to explain, “Well our food source is blood, any other liquid tastes absolutely horrible but we don’t need to drink blood as often as humans need to eat”- Francisco broke down into fake crying, “I WANT CEREAL” he hit his fist on the table accidently sending the fork zooming toward his eye. We all burst out laughing as he covered his eyes and muttered something underneath his breath. Clearly frustrated and angry, he started flailing his limbs around like a retarded seal. Our laughter never really stopped oh Taemin is so entertaining.

“Here you go” Key nudged my shoulder and handed me some toast. Taemin eyed the toast with utter disgust and hate. “ stupid-goddamn-cereal-go to hell” it was somehow funny and a bit sad how just cereal could make him so distressed. Onew and Taemin were immersed in some deep conversation about some prince, I could care less I was enjoying my heavenly cereal. Key had left the room I could hear him chatting with Jonghyun and Minho.

It was about midday now and we were located back into the television room but for once since my arrival, the TV wasn’t . I was bored so I decided It was questionnaire time again, they were all looking at me expecting me to say something. Well, I could ask about Jonghyun and Onew’s past. They never mentioned themselves last time we had this talk .

 I reluctantly looked at Onew, “tell me your past” I pointed at him. He was startled at my sudden finger pointing, but nonetheless he started talking. “Since everyone seems to talk about siblings, I am – well I was the only child. I am one of the first vampires that were turned. Usually first turned vampires have a high status but I don’t” he chuckled at the last part.

“When I was turned, I was at the hospital at the time - which happened to be the hospital that specifically created this disease“-I was visiting my fiancé at the time” the mood in the room became very depressing and I suddenly felt horrible. “-She had a fatal tumor in her brain, I visited her every day. She did end up dying, it was late at night and I was strolling around the hospital angry and sad, and well heartbroken. I accidentally walked past the ‘crazy’ unit and someone just grabbed me and bit me” Jeremy let off a small but sad smile afterward.

“I’m glad she didn’t have to go through this plague and see me become who I am right now ” my heart dropped at his words I felt terrible I mentally slapped myself I should have never asked him. “Anyone would be blessed to be in your company Onew you are wonderful” I hoped that would help it was the least I could do. Taemin jumped up from his seat and gave Onew a big and warm teddy bear hug , “we will always be here for you ,so don’t you worry” Taemin spoke kindly everyone in the room nodded in agreement , even I started nodding . Onew’s face brightened up, “It’s fine, really. It doesn’t hurt as much, it’s been over 10 years” he chuckled sadly.

Jonghyun cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head, “I’ll start…I guess,Well, I have one sister. I don’t know if she is a vampire or not but she ran off with one, and left me behind after our parents .who later ditched me because of the virus. Basically my whole family left me; I absolutely hated vampires.” Dante’s face turned very sour. “-I was turned when looking for my sister, I was ambushed and just of course, I have to be the one with bad control around blood, as you can tell I don’t have some special dramatic story like everyone else”
 

“Why are you all so….-normal?” I squinted my eyes at them. They all snickered and chuckled at my question, “What did you expect? We were going to capture you and then you dry” Key smirked. I nodded directly at Key to be honest; I didn’t expect them to be this way. “Well you guys are dead and you guys are vampires like all the others I didn’t expect you to be different” I completed in a cold voice.

They all looked hurt at what I said and immediately I regretted my decision. A cold silence fell over the room as  Key and Minho looked toward me with disappointment and walked into the kitchen. The rest did the same on their way outside.

I spent the rest of the day in the room doing particularly nothing. I just lay in my bed until the sun was no longer visible from my room; the bed suddenly had felt cold from what it was hours before. Everything seems darker and colder now. I brought my knees up to my chest and hid my face. My head really hurt and my stomach rumbled. I hoped that Maybe tomorrow will be better?
 

I lifted up my head and a few tears rolled down my cheek. I listened for any movement around the house, it was quiet and I could sense no life, somehow I couldn’t help but feel guilty these people could have left me and if they did I would be dead I owe my life to them and here I am treating them like this wow I am a really sore loser.

Why was everything so Cold, dark and quiet. 

 

 

 

k guys hi 

please dont kill me 

im sorry i didnt update i was gone on vacation and i had fun (not that you care)

but i couldnt take my laptop with me sooooo....

YEAH!

hope you like the extra long update

if there is anything you dont like, a mistake please tell me 

comment, beacause  i luff you 

and subscribe because you are awesome 

and thats it for today 

im out