Chapter 3:

Falling Hearts

This day felt like it was never going to end I could hardly believe it was noon. I could barely look at the sun without having my eyeballs burnt out .I sighed and continued to drag my body in the sun. Sweat started running down my forehead and I just wanted to collapse and give up. I knew I couldn’t give up I had to be strong that’s what my brother would have told me. I almost fell down when a massive breeze started to blow it felt good and the sweat had dried up. I tried to enjoy the moment taking several deep breaths it was just so refreshing. There weren’t many “refreshing” things around anymore. Just after I took another breath I caught a whiff of some type of crop it smelt more like wheat, a massive smile spread on my face I was hopefully going to eat something .I ran toward the smell letting the breeze carry me.

Within a few minutes of light treading I reached a fence I easily slipped through the posts with. I was so close I could taste the wheat already. when I reached the borderline of the crops I looked around to see if anybody was there I saw no one so I slowly crept into the field until I was not visible .I limited my movements there was a road nearby and I didn’t want to attract any unwanted attention.

I sat down crossing my legs and started to pick the wheat buds of the crops. After making a handful I ate them chips then repeated they tasted like grass, bland grass but nonetheless it was food and it was filling.  I lost count of time but the sky was getting dark, and my legs were extremely numb from sitting in the same position .I would have usually moved but who knows when I would get to eat so I decided to stay and just eat. Just as I had my 15 handfuls I realized that what a pig I was but it wasn’t my fault, I hadn’t eaten like this in forever it was only means of survival. I also realized the crops are thriving amazingly so I couldn’t have done them much harm and that brought me to my second thought, this property must have a lot of water.

I grabbed several handfuls of wheat and stuffed them into the pockets of my oversized shirt which was ripped and showed a scandalous amount of skin. It was getting dark, that meant hunting time was here. I had to leave and hide before I caught myself into anymore sticky situations. I had 10 minutes to run before prime time and If everything went like It usually did in my life only 5 minutes. I mentally cursed myself for staying so late. After shoving as much wheat as I could into my tattered pockets I decided it was time to leave.  Just as I looked up, I saw A pair of eyes staring at me.

Gasping and screaming at the same time I tried to run but my legs gave way and I fell down. After sitting in the same positions for so long my legs had become numb. Blood started rushing to my legs and it was painful,l it was a perfect time for me to start panicking.  I couldn’t see over the long slender wheat stalks but I could hear several men mumbling and moving toward me. I decided to lay flat on the ground .If I stay still they might not find me . I closed my eyes shut “please don’t spot me” I kept repeating to myself . Memories of my brother and my mom started flooding my mind ,hiding from vampires in dark musty buildings splattered in blood with my brother was fine, except now I was alone this made me slightly disorientated .

Gasping slightly I opened my eyes to be met by the other vampires awkwardly hazel pair of eyes. Sitting up I moved backward pleading to the man “please don’t hurt me, I will leave your property and never touch your crops again” I barely let the words escape from my mouth between the sobs .Tears were running down my cheek as I remembered the lifeless body of my brother .I probably looked like a frail blood bag to this hazel eyed boy.

A sad smile lit up the boy’s face, he didn’t seem much older than me, but he was a vampire for sure . “I don’t want to hurt you” he stuck out his hand “I’m Taemin, here let me help you” I was utterly confused was this some kind of joke- it was probably a trap.I decided to get up as soon as I felt my legs go back to normal .I ran as fast as I could into the crops ignoring anything the man said, he was a vampire and not to be trusted period. Which was probably not a smart idea considering that the paddock was massive and vampires were a millions times stronger and faster than humans “Taemin catch her, we can’t have her running around our field” a lower voice yelled from the road “right away” the hazel eyed vampire replied. That’s It I knew I was dead. For sure

Taemin was getting closer the fact that I was tripping all over wheat plants wasn’t helping me, and of course there HAD to be dirt rocks everywhere .I was probably the most luckiest human ever. “Can you stop running? Please? The further you run the longer I will have to carry you, I will catch you anyways”.  The boy rubbed his forehead in annoyance  but there was a slightly prideful tune to his last remark “if you are so mighty and powerful just catch me now” I spat as him in despise running farther and faster away from him.

I heard him groan as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist “what the..” I screeched back at him and kicked his shin in hope that he might let go of me and he did.  “Hurry up Taemin ” one of the others yelled. he faced the 4 men and spoke “but she kicked my shin, so I guess I have to catch her in a more productive way. Taemin smiled sarcastically, Well they weren’t very good at this catching thing, but If they kept talking maybe I could get away.

Just as I was nearing the other side of the field hoping that the chase was over and I was successful .I stumbled hitting the ground scrapping my knees and the palms of my hand. “OWW” I exclaimed to myself quietly, trying to get back up again. I could feel the blood pumping to my cut. which was probably not a good thing since I was being chased by blood drinking monsters. Taemin appeared in front of me making me stumble back. However he spoke in a calm voice but he was breathing really heard “I would stop if I were you ,your bleeding badly and one of my friends isn’t good around blood” as he neared me he was clearly affected by my blood as his nostrils flared a bit .

“Why aren’t you attacking me?” I scrunched my face trying to push back the tears Taemin looked confused “I don’t really have a need to attack you, honestly” he nodded to himself .”Now would you like to walk to our car, or do I have to carry you” .He smiled at me as I looked to the car WAY of into the distance “I ran that far?” Taemin nodded to my question .” Yep I’m surprised Minho didn’t come after you himself” he informed me. I looked at him unsure was it better to push him and run or go with him? It seemed like he wouldn’t do anything to me NOW

but later…who knows.

“What do you want with me?” I decided to be straight forward

Taemin opened his mouth about to answer but closed his mouth afterwards and furrowed his brows. “I really don’t know, we just saw you and though it would be a good idea to catch uhh.. save you, since like …you know. If we didn’t save you, you would die and you seem like a nice person…” he started to trail off and ended up shrugging. “You won’t kill me?” I shifted uneasily in my spot. “Well, I didn’t plan to kill you” Taemin smiled at me, showing all his teeth

“TAEMIN -AAAAHHH” a voice roared behind my back, turning around, I saw a tall boy with black hair. “There is no problem here, she was just unsure and I was telling her that we are no harm to her” Taemin smiled at Minho, who only gave him an annoyed look in return. “I told you to catch her, and you’re having a conversation with her?” Minho scoffed. Taemin looked directly into Minho’s eyes “I was just being nice” he mumbled.

“Come here sweetie” Minho sarcastically sang as he walked closer to me and opened up his arms. I squeaked as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. “That isn’t needed, she is very cooperative” Taemin spoke up, catching up to Minho.  “Cooperative? She kicked you in the shin” Minho chuckled and  Taemin whined in return, “I really tried, I just want to be a good person, put her down” Minho started tugging on me, I didn’t even bother trying. “Will you run if I put you down?” Minho turned his head to look at me. I shook my head instantly. “I don’t believe you” he muttered in disapproval, he smiled evily and turned his head looking back to the path ahead, Taemin mouthed ‘sorry’ to me.

“What is your name?” Taemin shouted while smiling; his smile was really innocent but all his happiness annoyed me especially when I am so scared. Minho shook his head in disapproval of Taemin’s choice of conversation “Minho, stop being so grouchy, so your name?”  Francisco walked right up close to Minho just to see my face. It probably wasn’t at its most attractive….

“My name is Violet” I spoke quietly. “Oh just like your eyes, That’s a nice name, I am Taemin” I suddenly flustered and pulled my hair back down to my forehead so my eyes couldn’t be seen anymore, I had a complex about my strangely colored eyes.  He put his hand out to shake mine. I shook his hand I didnt really have an option though he seemed very pleased that I did so.

“We are nearly there” Minho spoke up and slowly placed me on the ground.  Taemin wrapped his arm around mine. “Jonghyun is the short one with silver hair I think you should know about him since you are bleeding badly”. He chuckled at himself “I suggest you stay away from him for a while” “The blonde one is Key – and the last is Onew ” he pointed to each of them as he introduced them to me“Of course, you know me and Minho’’.

After introducing me to everyone Minho gently placed me at the end of the field so I could walk myself.  As I arrived at the car I didn’t look up and kept my eyes on my pants and shoes. They were stained and in tatters and probably revealing to much. I needed new clothes. “Thanks for helping me Minho and Taemin’’ I spoke quietly with distrust in voice, as usual I was terrible at hiding my emotions .The one named Onew walked over to me and stood in front of me, crouching down a bit. ‘’I’m Onew” he stuck his hand out and I shook his hand weakly. I really didn’t look at him I wanted him to the get the message that I didn’t like them. I could hear coughing in the distance, I lifted my head slightly and out the corner of my eye I could see Jonghyun bent over while Key comforted him as he seemed to be in a lot of pain.

 

“Don’t worry about him, he isn’t good at controlling” Onew made a mocking tone when he said controlling. “Anyways Key and Jonghyun can walk home later, so you don’t worry yourself” Onew smiled as he finished his sentence and hopped into the car. After Taemin got in Minho literally threw me in the car…. very roughly, it left me shaken up. after getting into the car  Minho spoke to break up the silence “you know you’re REALLY light” I just quietly nodded. “Why are you so quiet” ONEW asked me “does Minho make you feel uncomfortable” Taemin interrupted Onew while sticking his tongue out and giggling at Minho.

I didn’t choose to reply, I just kept my foggy gaze on the floor. My pulse was pumping roughly and I was so scared I couldn’t speak with the lump in my throat. the rest of the ride was quiet and nobody really spoke. I could feel Minho and Taemin looking at me.

“Please violet don’t be like this. I know our kind isn’t the kindest of people but we aren’t bad” Taemin grabbed my hand and pressed it lightly reassuring me. “Vampires aren’t people, they are monsters” I scoffed, my voice still very quiet as I snatched my hand away from him. “Ouch” Minho commented and Onew sighed. Taemin let go of my hand and turned away to look out the window. Obviously hurt with what I said but nonetheless it was the truth.

He car pulled into a nice house, Taemin and Minho immediately jumped out and walked into the house. Onew sighed and swiveled in his seat to look at me sitting in the middle seat, head down and fumbling with the ends of my shirt. “Please be careful with your words. We aren’t bad people” he emphasized the word ‘people’ and jumped out of the car.

He walked around to the back seat, opened the door and extended his hand to me, offering me some help .The wind was still blowing and was shuffling through his ginger colored hair and the sun was starting to set casting an eerie glow in his dark brown eyes .I looked at them which were warm and kind and realized they weren’t bad people maybe they were different. That’s when I realized I may have been a bit too harsh with my comments I took his hand and he guided me out of the car and into the house.

Maybe…. Just maybe…

 

 

 

 

hey guys got a new update 

SURPRISE!!! shinee has been introduced 

still waiting for exo 

oh yeah look forward to that, its going to be an intense one but not anytime soon

and if youre wondering, i was inspired by the fanfic human hunters, by flaming_dubu ( i probably spelled that wrong)

comment some feedback and story suggestions.... gimme yo' love 

subscribe to this story ^^ because i love you and if you see an english name ( my old subbies know) it cause the names were different so let me know 

and thanks for reading this story

hugs and kisses from me to you ^3^ 

and im out