Chapter 2:

Falling Hearts

I had been running for hours everything I had Was at the end of a cliff .I was going to die. My brother was already dead. I was separated from my only friend and group and not the slightest clue on where I was. The tears wouldn’t stop falling my whole body was numb and the world around was just a blur. It was only a matter of time before I would get captured or die from malnutrition. I had been running for 3 hours nonstop trying to ignore the piercing pain in my stomach. I slowed down my pace as I went near a forest.

 As soon as I grabbed a piece of bark and balanced myself on the tree I filched because something burned my hand. I looked at the tree and it was as dark as night, it was smoldering.  I gazed forward and realized the whole forest was burnt, probably form a forest fire .I was walking on ashes and burnt remains of forest trees and Animals. My shoes were run down sneakers and the heat rising up was causing my feet to singe. But I just couldn’t feel the pain, instead I felt something stiff under the ashes. I hesitantly shuffled the dust and ashes away with my heels. I could see bones peeking through I sat down and moved closer to investigate and realized they were bones of human kids who probably died in the fire after losing their parents. I collapsed to the ground in front of the human remains and just thought this could have been me. My breathing was erratic but it seemed calm now.

I was on the ground when I heard a light and angelic voice calling my name. At first I thought it was Rebecca but then I realized It wasn’t .I still felt as if I was going to be saved .As the figure with the angelic voice came closer I realized it was my mom “honey how are you doing I missed you so much, where is your brother, and why are you crying”. I knew it was my mom because of her beautiful brown hair and dark blue eyes, which were just, like my brother’s. I was out of breath and was stuttering all over my words but I managed to reply “h-he –w-w-was k-k-k killed” the words choked my mouth as a lump formed in my throat and my voice barely escaped as a wail .The warm face of my mother turned into stone and a cruel frown was on her face “you let him die, how could you” I started crying again. “I didn’t let him die”, my mother was screaming at me “you witch you let your brother die, I knew you were a disgrace everything right know is happening because of you” I was raging as I punched the woman and she disappeared into thin air.

It was yet another one of my fits

another one of those lies

 

I collapsed on the ground whispering to myself “I didn’t do anything”.  I could hear nothing but my sobs and the beating of my own heart it was around noon right now and the sun frying me alive, every inch of life was being out of me. I sat under the shade of a tree resting trying to ignore the incident that just happened. After an hour or so the heat died down I felt well rested. I was very weak and I needed water. I got up and started walking maybe I could follow some animals I looked around and saw a deer so I followed its direction.

I just couldn’t get the face or the voice of my mom out of my head, thinking about what my mother had said. All this can’t possibly be because of me. Another flashback occurred, it was of my family. For some unknown reason I was always in the hospital, and I remember my mom never visited me she never even knew my name.as for my dad he left my mom for another woman. Everything used to be perfect until I was born. But it didn’t matter my mom was the first one to die from black heart. And a part of my evil heart believed she deserved it. There were many countless nights I would cry to myself and no one would be there. Not my mom, not a friend not even my brother.

It didn’t matter

 I was always alone and I always will be.

 But my mind slowly found its way back to my mom’s words I don’t like inflicting pain on others like the vampires do. But could my brother’s death be my fault I should’ve stopped him when I had the chance but I didn’t. “I’m fed up with this” I screamed and clenched my fists together and started muttering useless words.

It was official I was going crazy I needed water so I started walking again. My mind was coming up with stupidest thoughts to get water, then I realized so this is what happens when a person is deprived of water. I didn’t even walk another twenty minutes and was already coming up with crazy plans.