002

The Last One

"The Star heard your plea.."

☄☄☄☄☄

 

Himchan tensed up whenever someone drew close, even his best friends. Hyosung was shunned today and she could not understand why. The pair walked quietly into the cafeteria and Himchan spotted Daehyun and his friends. They were laughing at something, pointing at a cell phone amidst giggles and Himchan knew what it was. Hyosung tugged Himchan's arm, drawing his attention at the cafeteria blackboard. He could not believe what it said.



 

KIM HIMCHAN IS EASY. ASK HIM OUT AND HE'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.



 

Everyone soon noticed Himchan's presence and whispers erupted. Within Daehyun's group, one girl looked triumphant. Sunhwa picked herself up and took Himchan's wrist, dragging him to their table. She reached for Daehyun's phone on the table. Himchan wanted to run, he wanted to hide, but most of all he wanted himself to disappear.



 

"I'm just curious about a few things. What's more memorable? Daehyun's lips or his naughty hands?" she asked, pretending to be truly curious. She pulled out the phone and showed Himchan the picture. Himchan swallowed his tears that were begging to come out. Sunhwa grinned evilly.



 

"Technology is so good these days. One click and the picture is everywhere. How about I give you the honor of pressing that button?" 

She lifted the phone in a mocking way, daring Himchan to reach for it.

 

Himchan could only bite his lip to keep himself from breaking down. The picture was taunting his, reminding him of his grave mistake.

Sunhwa smiled and was ready to press it. Suddenly, a hand snatched the phone out of her grasp and Sunhwa watched in shock as the phone was thrown to the ground and crushed by someone's heel. She wanted to scream at that person until he realized who it was. The words failed to come out.



 

"If you dare propose such a stunt again, I will personally come to get you," Yongguk whispered threateningly. Yongguk then turned to Daehyun, glaring at him with pure loathing. 



 

Daehyun gaped as Yongguk picked up his lunch and hurled it at the board. The food splattered chaotically on it, covering the offensive message. The cafeteria was dead silent. Everyone was holding in their breaths, nervously waiting for what the school outcast would do next. 



 

"If anyone wants to say something, say it now," he declared to the room as Yongguk walked over to Himchan and held his hand possessively. 



 

“Because starting from this second, I'm not going to let anyone talk about him like this ever again." Yongguk's anger burned his insides more that words could describe.

 

He hated it when people toy with other feelings like this. It was not someone's birth right to receive love. It was a privilege and those who fail to grasp it did not deserve it. 



 

Yongguk threw everyone one last glare and pulled Himchan behind him, leaving the cruelties Himchan had experienced behind. Yongguk did not let go of his hand until they were well away from the school and onto the field. Realizing that grip might've been too tight, he released his. Himchan's expression told that he was struggling to hold everything in.



 

"Let it out," Yongguk prompted. His words acted like a trigger and tears started to leak out uncontrollably. Himchan sobbed into his hands and Yongguk could only watch in silence. 



 

"Himchan," he said. Himchan lifted his head uncertainly still crying. Yongguk's hard gaze met his.
"Make a wish. Say you wish that no one will remember this incident. The Star will grant your wish."



 

Himchan stared at Yongguk, not understanding his words. Yongguk was prepared for whatever was to come, his left hand curling in preparation.

"Go on. Make it. Say it out loud," he urged.



 

Himchan abided to his sudden demand.

"I wish that what happened yesterday and today will be forgotten by all."

Yongguk gasped as he felt the same searing pain in his left hand. It closed into a fist as the mark burned. It was as if the tip of a blade drove into his skin, extending the star's tail to choke his wrist. Yongguk grunted as he fell on one knee. His right hand closed on the fist, trying desperately to limit the pain. 



 

Himchan watched as Yongguk struggled and rushed to his side but Yongguk stopped his with his hand.



 

"Don't come any closer," he gasped. A few more agonizing minutes later, the heat subsided and he was released once again. Yongguk's eyes closed in relief, panting. It was over and the wish had been granted. From the ground, Yongguk turned his head to Himchan.


 


"The Star heard your plea. Everything is back to normal so go back to the school."

Himchan ignored him as he dropped to Yongguk's side. Himchan lifted his left hand and could still feel the heat radiating from it. It was frightening.

Himchan's fingers fell onto the leather glove and reached for its end. He could feel Yongguk tense up while looking at him as Himchan slowly slid the glove off his hand. It was unbelievable.

 

 This intricate design was more than a typical tattoo, it was a curse. The star's end wrapped around his wrist and up his arm, strangling it in its grasp. The swords tip dripped with blood and Himchan suddenly understood. The blood belonged to Yongguk. Himchan looked at Yongguk in bewilderment. 



 

"Why?" Himchan asked as he held onto Yongguk's hand closely. Yongguk hesitated but the gentle caress on his hand made him feel something. It was as if Himchan cared.



 

"The Star is a wishing star. It grants people's wishes, their pleas. It grants whatever they ask of it. To others, the Star is hope. It helps them create happy endings."

Yongguk paused before continuing on. 



 

"Everything does not come free, there's always a price. The Star has one and only one servant on Earth and that is the one who pays for all the wishes that others make. Anything that the servant hears or anything that the Star wants to grant itself as a wish will come true. When one servant dies, the child born exactly in that very second will become the next. This time, that child is me."



 

Himchan gasped as Yongguk finished his sentence. Then why? Why did Yongguk tell his to make a wish when he knew this was going to happen?



 

"Yongguk, I'm sorry. I didn't kn-"

Yongguk took his hand back and grabbed his glove lying on the ground. Yongguk pulled in on before standing up.

 

Without looking back, he spoke.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault." He walked away, leaving Himchan to his thoughts. Himchan sat down on the grass defeated. Himchan's fingers subconsciously wrapped around his own left arm, thinking. The pain, how it destroyed Yongguk and to think that he had just made a wish.

 

He was so sorry. He did not know.




 

Author's Thoughts:

hello so yeah now we know every wish is paid with yongguk's life

are u starting to ship banghim?

/eye-brow wiggle/

i'm torn between posting evERYTHING ALL IN ONE GO

or like day by day updates.

/cries/

Thank you for reading! ;A;

Comment & Subscribe if you wish! (Don't wish though! Yongguk might suffer! >"< jk)

btw i am on twitter i'm @hemcheng talk to me i'm lonely

i am talking too much ok bye till the next update [prolly early in the morning at KST 9am if i wake up that early]

nuella-ssi