001

The Last One

"I  wish. . ."

 ✦  ✦ ✦ 

[02.14.2008]



Himchan was leaning on his locker, holding up his present up to his chin. How would he approach him?


Hi, my name is Himchan. You probably don't give a hoot about me but I'm madly in love with you. When you finally notice my existence, please be my boyfriend.

That sounded brutally lame, mixed with intended sarcasm that could hardly count as sarcasm for it was the truth. Jung Daehyun was probably receiving a bunch of presents right now since it was Valentine's Day. One side of Himchan told him that if he slipped in his gift like all the others, he would be spared the embarrassment of confessing some other day. However, with such competition, Daehyun probably wouldn't even notice his gift amidst the pile. Liking someone was so hard.



"Himchan, you can do it. Just slam it in his face!" 

Himchan pumped his arms energetically, willing himself to move and when he did; he crashed into someone and fell.

"Are you alright?" the boy asked. Himchan could not answer. In front of him was Daehyun, the one he had wanted to talk to the whole day.

Daehyun extended his hand and Himchan took it with trembling hands.



"Sorry about that Himchan. I was kind of running away from people and wasn't looking. Himchan?" he said as he waved his hand in front of his. Himchan snapped back out of his trance. Daehyun did know his name!

"Yes, I'm fine. You're fine. I mean, what were you asking again?" Daehyun laughed and Himchan blushed.

How hard was it to string two words together? As difficult as lifting a mountain over your head when you were having a conversation with Jung Daehyun. Daehyun picked up the neatly wrapped box, surveying it with curiosity.


"This is yours right?"Himchan nodded shyly.

Daehyun grinned before asking."Who's it for?"



Himchan fidgeted for a bit before mumbling. "It's for you..."



Daehyun chuckled to himself, holding the box firmly. The bell suddenly rang ruining Himchan's long awaited moment. Students were starting to crowd the halls and it was time for Daehyun to leave.


"Need to go to class now but thanks for the gift. It's very pretty," Daehyun grinned, waving goodbye and heading to class. Himchan squeezed his eyes shut, praying that Daehyun would turn around and say something.


Five...four...three...please make Daehyun turn around and ask me out...two...one.


"Hey Himchan!" 

Himchan turned around hopefully, looking at Daehyun from across the hall.

"Are you free today? Do you want to go out for dinner tonight or something?"



Himchan bit his lip in excitement and nodded enthusiastically. Satisfied with his answer, Daehyun waved again and continued to class. Himchan let out a squeal and did a small dance in the middle of the hall. His first date with Jung Daehyun!

 

☆☆☆

 

His fist clenched in pain as the marking scorched his skin. It was starting to throb uncontrollably, vibrating on the desk and Yongguk slammed his right hand on it, holding it down. The teacher turned at the noise."Yes Yongguk?" 



"Nothing."

The teacher turned away from him, diverting his attention back on the rest of the class. Yongguk's hand was burning and he could feel the heat radiating up his arm as the marking stretched farther. He could not hold it any longer.



"Sir, I need to go to the washroom."

The urgency in his voice made everyone laugh. Even the teacher looked slightly amused. "Yes alright. Take your time." With his permission, Yongguk walked out of the class hastily, passing the late student. He sprinted to the outside without stopping. Yongguk jumped down the stairs leading to the main doors and ripped his glove off, drowning his hand into the school's fountain.



The water hissed and steam was starting to build up. Yongguk panted as the cool water relieved him slightly from the heat. Yongguk withdrew his hand once he felt that the pain was over. Yongguk stared at what the tattoo had become. It had been there for as long as he could remember. Over the years, it morphed and the ends of the line that formed a star were stretching pass his hand and surrounded his wrist. Every time it burnt, it grew and eventually, it would consume his entire left arm. 



Yongguk wiped his hand clean with his jeans and put his leather glove back on.

Many had asked as to why he always worn it, even in the middle of summer, and also why only one. Yongguk had made a random excuse just to shut those nosy idiots out and they bought it. "It's a curse. It's contagious so get out of my way," he had told them.

Contagious? As if. It was his fate and no others until the day he dies. Now that he thought about it, it probably wasn't his excuse that had driven them away but rather his cold exterior and bitter tone. Whatever, any way was fine as long as they let him be.

Yongguk returned to the class and sniggers erupted. He probably had taken too long. Yongguk sat down in his seat once again. The teacher cleared his throat and picked a student to read a paragraph of the book.
"Jung Daehyun."
This was the boy that Yongguk had bumped into. Although tardy, everyone loved him. The boy stood up tall and everyone stared intently. Daehyun spoke calmly and clearly. 



While everyone was enthralled with his voice and no doubt appearance, Yongguk looked out the window. Outside was a random boy jumping with joy and dancing. In the teenager world, only two things could make one do that. One, you won the lottery and do not ever need to go to school again or two, you found someone you love and they felt the same about you. 



Yongguk watched him with a secret longing. Yongguk was human after all even if he did have the Star's mark. How he wished that he could experience the same feeling without anticipating the dread that would follow. 



 

☆☆☆

 

Himchan waited patiently in front of the restaurant. He had purposely chosen his best clothes and got his friend to help his with outfit. It would be a complete waste for Daehyun not to see him like this. He looked at his watch but Daehyun had yet to come. It was getting late and the street lamps were on. Himchan wondered what had happened. Realizing that it was impossible for someone to be two hours late and still intending to come, he walked sadly back home.

Maybe Daehyun was just busy. I mean, he was Jung Daehyun after all, capable of taking both Queen and King status of the school. Himchan shrugged. Daehyun just had something very important come up that's all, Himchan convinced himself. 



Himchan continued walking in the dark when suddenly a college boy blocked his way. "You look too pretty to be alone. How about you come with me instead?" Himchan glared at him. He was so not in the mood for his games. He pushed his outstretched arm aside and moved passed him. Not taking no for an answer, the man trailed behind him, eventually grabbing his wrist to face him. Himchan was frightened at his menacing face.


"Come on, one night, that's all I need." Himchan pushed him as hard as he could but his grip was too strong. He pulled his into the nearby alley, ready for his attack. Out of nowhere, a fist slammed into the jerk's face and the man fell to the ground. The boy watched him disdainfully.



"Get a grip of yourself. Look in the mirror and ask yourself. Do you really deserve him?"

The man sneered but scrambled away when Yongguk approached, ready for another punch. Wimp. There was no other word to describe him. Yongguk looked at Himchan with the same bored expression.



"He's gone."

Himchan observed him carefully.



"Are you Yongguk from Daehyun's fourth period class?"

After a decent amount of stalking, he pretty much knew everyone there especially him who had a darker reputation. 



"Glad you know me. Out on a date with Daehyun?" he asked, studying his clothes. Himchan nodded but with uncertainty. It wasn't much of a date if Daehyun didn't even come. 



"Didn't go too well did it? Daehyun...you should not hang around him," he scoffed. "He’s nothing but trouble."



Himchan suddenly became defensive."No he's not!"



"And you know that because?" 



Himchan just blinked at him. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it. Now that it was asked so directly, Himchan couldn't quite find the answer.

"Don't strain yourself. I'm not looking for an answer because I already know," Yongguk said. "Just be careful..."

With that said, Yongguk had left him alone. Himchan was confused.

Some part of Himchan wanted to ask him what there was to be careful of while the other side was slightly, just slightly, touched by how this complete stranger cared.

 

That feeling had stayed with him the entire night until he finally fell asleep with Yongguk as his last thought.

 

☆☆☆

 

The next day, Himchan walked through the school half asleep. He dragged himself like a zombie occasionally slapping himself to stay awake. When someone tapped his shoulder, Himchan jumped and even did a little scream. Jung Daehyun looked at his with an odd expression.

"Uh...I didn't realize I was that scary." Himchan turned red, embarrassed.

"No, it's not you. I'm sorry."

Daehyun shook his head. "No, I should be the one apologizing. Yesterday something came up and I couldn't make it. I didn't know your cell phone number either so I couldn't call. Sorry about that."



Himchan's mood lifted instantly. Ha, Yongguk was wrong! Daehyun didn't purposely ditch him, he was just busy. Plus he apologized meaning that Daehyun did actually want to be with him. Himchan could not hide his smile.



“I understand. I can give you my phone number if you want. If you are free any other time then you can always call-“ Shoot. Did he say too much? Himchan didn't want to sound desperate although he was kind of hoping for another day with him. Daehyun didn't think too much on it however.

"Do you want to meet me after school near the parking lot? My car is around there. We'll go somewhere after school." 



Himchan nodded a bit too enthusiastically and it only satisfied Daehyun even more.

 

On that note, Daehyun headed to class. Finally on time for once, Daehyun sat down at his seat and his friends crowded him.

"Hey, did you get him to go out with you again?" Daehyun laughed.

"I didn't but he did. He’s like offering himself or something. Too eager, too desperate but it's so much easier to play that way. He’s meeting me after school today."



"What are you planning to do to his anyways? He seems to really like you. Love you even."

Daehyun shrugged nonchalantly.

"Whatever he feels that's his problem. My plan leans more on the getting his on my bed side. You have to admit he's pretty."


One of the girls snapped her fingers and looked at Daehyun mischievously.

"Let's do a bet. If you can get him out of his clothes in less than fifteen minutes with proof, we'll treat you to dinner for a week. If you can't, then you will owe all six of us a week's dinner plus lose your reputation of being the school's most wanted boy."



Daehyun shook his head as if he was disappointed. The others gasped simultaneously while the one who came up with the bet, Sunhwa, sniggered.

"Oh come on Daehyun. Are you chickening out already? Alright guys, we got ourselves buffet dinners for the rest of the week."



Daehyun only laughed.



"You wish. I just don't like your conditions. Fifteen? I can do it in five. Get ready to pay up guys."
They gazed at Daehyun with admiration until they heard a loud snap. They turned their heads to the corner and found the brown-haired boy holding one end of his pencil. It had snapped cleanly into two, with the other piece on the floor.

"Snapped my pencil," the boy reported, stating the obvious in his same bored voice. Yongguk launched the pencil across the room into the trash before turning back to the window. It was absolutely despicable. How could one just waste someone's love like that? Clearly, Daehyun had never been in Yongguk's position. Now Yongguk understood why the innocent bothered to send their pleas to the Star. It was because of these people that left them no other choice but to wish for something better.

 

☆☆☆

"Himchan!"

Daehyun called as he sprinted out. "Sorry about that. The teacher asked me to represent the school for some event and I didn't have a choice but to listen."



Himchan nodded understandingly.



"I guess that's what you get for being overly popular," he said in a joking manner and Daehyun grinned.



"Can I ask you a question?" Himchan looked at him curiously.



"Do you like me?"

Himchan felt his face heating up. Guess he was more than obvious as to how he felt. Suddenly, Daehyun grabbed him by the shoulders, forcing Himchan against his car. Daehyun attacked his lips hungrily and Himchan froze.

He could not believe his biggest crush was actually kissing him. It felt different, very different from what he imagined. Once getting over his shock, he returned it, hoping to tell Daehyun how much he liked him. 



Daehyun's fingers were fumbling with the buttons of his shirt but it refused to part. Daehyun was running out of time. Leaving Himchan's lips, he ripped Himchan's shirt apart aggressively, revealing Himchan's bare shoulders. Himchan was frightened by Daehyun's sudden change.


"Daehyun-"



Daehyun had once again pressed his lips against his, shutting him up. Daehyun's hands traveled all over his body, making Himchan more and more uncomfortable.

The cool wind blew against Himchan's bare upper body and he was now scared. Himchan tried to push Daehyun away but Daehyun was not letting go. 



Daehyun's hand reached inside his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Still holding Himchan in place, he pressed the button and a sharp click sounded. The picture was taken. Now that he had proof, Daehyun stopped his assault and back away with a satisfied smirk.

Five seconds to spare, must have been a new record. Himchan was crying, trying to cover himself with the remains of his shirt. 



"Why are you doing this?" he sobbed. Daehyun did not look fazed by the tears. He just smirked as if he won a game.



"Well, a couple of dinners won't hurt plus I have a reputation to keep. You were just too easy and innocent. But you wanted me right? Surely you can't say that it wasn't fun while it lasted?"
Himchan cried harder, not believing that the one he had a crush on for so many years say something like that.

Himchan was worth a couple of meals to him.



"Don't cry. I prefer not to see it. If you ever get bored, I'll gladly take you again. You tasted sweet."
Daehyun pulled Himchan off his car and got in, leaving Himchan on the floor. Daehyun stepped on the pedal and drove away with no sign of guilt.



Himchan cried alone in the parking lot, not knowing that someone was approaching. Moments later, the back door of the school opened and Yongguk found himself looking at a terrible sight. Himchan's clothes were torn, his hair was messed up and worst of all, Himchan's heart was broken.

Yongguk threw his coat over his, covering his exposed body. Yongguk's patience for Daehyun was running dry. He lowered himself next to Himchan, speaking softly. 



"Come on. I'll take you home." 



 


Author's Thoughts:

:^D

basically we have dickbag daehyun 2.0

How is the first chapter so far? Are you guys curious of what's going to happen next?

Do not fret! Because I will double-update today~

It's 8 AM at the moment, so I hope I can upload the 2nd chapter later at 8 PM

Thank you for reading it! & Don't hesitate to drop by comments & subscribe ^^

They make me feel fluffy!

Till the next chapter, dears!

Nuella