The new guy

REPUTATION

 

 

KANGSAN ACADEMY, 1 YEAR LATER

 

 

Park Bom walking down the school lobby gracefully. Beside her, it’s Sandara Park, her cousin. Bom have the kind aura while Dara giving more snobby and arrogant aura. The school already over and most of the students already went back home. Bom and Dara is both active in the school activity,so they have more work to do after school. Dara is a secretary in student council and Bom is the head of orchestra club. Dara holding a cup of coffee,while reading some gossip news through her Ipad.

 

“Dara?”

 

“yeah,Bom?”

 

“I think I can’t make it to our tea time with everyone. I have to go to practice my violin. Tell Chaerin that I’m sorry too. We promised to looked at her design yesterday” said Bom refering to their usual activity with Inna, Jessica, Jaejoong, Seunghyun, and now with the addition of Lee Chaerin.

 

Lee chaerin is a freshman that wins a debutante ball a year ago just before she got into the Kangsan Academy. Park Bom found the freshman is very amusing and started to took Chaerin under her wing of friends. Dara just quietly agreeing while Inna, as usual, being bubbly and happily welcomed the freshman. Jessica on the other hand still not happy because the debutante ball accidents, and Dara knows about it. So she asked Jessica little sister,Krystal, to join the student council and became Dara assistant. Jessica is quite happy but still showing a disgusted look everytime Chaerin with them. Dara is a hypocrite,she agreed on her cousin decision just because she knew how much the Lee family power in Korea, and also how Chaerin is managed to became a top fashionista in the country with her clothing line.

 

“I will tell everyone Bom,don’t worry. Although,I know Chaerin is gonna be disappointed. She wanted you to be her model”, Dara said as she sipped her Americano.

 

“why not using Inna? She’s a real model,and I’m sure she would definitey accept it” asked Bom. Even though everyone keep saying that she have the same beauty like a real model, Bom never really considered to join that glamour world. It's too unbalanced,she thought. 

 

“tell that to Chae of yourself,Bom. She insist of using you”

 

Then Krystal approach them,with a pile of documents. Krystal became Dara personal assistant and a head of general affairs in the student council.

 

“Sunbae-nim...here’s the documents for you for the charity event next month”,said Krystal. She give Bom a light bow and smile.

 

“it’s already here? Bom,I have to go to the student council room to check all the documents,is it okay?”

 

“of course! Beside, I have to go to practice room. Don’t wait for me,dara! I’ll call the driver to pick me up” Bom smiling and waving at them and quickly go to the orchestra club.

 

“okay,bye Bommie!” Dara wave back and walk away with Krystal following.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The orchestra club will be playing next month at the school charity event. Bom would be playing her violin solo so she have to practice really hard. She open the club door. It’s empty. It seems like everyone already went home. She open her violin case,and start playing Chopin: Etude in E major, Op.10 No.3. She’s too absorbed in her play when she hear something on the outside of the window. The orchestra club is located near the Academy park,so maybe it’s another student,she thought. But all the student already came home. So with a curiousity,she open the window to find out what noise it is.

 

“who’s there??” when she open the window,the light wind from the outside blow away her violin sheet.

 

There,she saw a good looking guy,wearing an ordinary clothes, sit above the window. Obviously peeping and get caught.

 

“so—sorry! I just....I’m lost and suddenly I hear a very beautiful music came from here”. The guy is bowing to her. Bom never saw him before in the school.

 

“are you new here?” Bom asked him.

 

“y-yeah I will be a student here tomorrow! Ah it’s you! You’re in this school too!!” suddenly the guy shout when he saw Bom face. My angel is here.

 

“is there something wrong with me?” Bom blinked with a curiosity. What a cute guy,she thought.

 

“no...it just.....don’t you remember me?” the guy shyly asked.

 

“hmm...I’m sorry but I don’t. Have we met before?”

 

“nah....it’s not a big deal...I know you probably never remember a commoner like me” the guy half whispered, clearly disappointed.

 

“Kim Jongin! Where are you??” suddenly there’s a old woman shouting.

 

“it must be my mother...I have to go, miss!” Jongin then quickly running towards the old woman.

 

“what a funny guy....” Bom chuckled. She closed the window and continue to practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

TOMORROW LUNCH AT THE SCHOOL CAFETARIA

 

“Jae,can’t you come to my shoot today??” Yoo Inna is nagging to her boyfriend/fiancee Kim Jaejoong.

 

“I’m sorry,I can’t,Inna....I told you I have a very big meeting at my father company” Jaejoong looked at her with a annoyed look.

 

“but....it’s my first drama filming......can you just come pleaseeeee?” Inna pleaded again.
 

“I told you I can—“

 

“guys,please stop it! We don’t really want to hear your lovers quarrel” said Jessica while polishing her nail. Inna stomped her feet but stop her nagging.

 

“hey everyone! Sorry,I just had a quiz in the Biology class”,Bom comes and hugged the girls. Jaejoong just give her a smile.

 

“where’s Dara?” asked Inna.

 

“she said,she can’t be with us at lunch. She have to worked for the charity event”

 

“yeah,Krystal said to me that the event really make the student council exhausted. Poor Dara...” said Jessica,still polishing her nails.

 

“Chae! Come here!” Inna shouting and wave at the younger blonde girl.

 

“onnie!” Chaerin approached them. Jessica rolling her eyes, she can’t believe all of her friends now befriended with the girl who steal the crown from his sister. And not mention,her little sister become best friend with that chaerin girl.

 

“Chae,I’m really sorry I can’t come yesterday...” said Bom with a sorry look.

 

“don’t be,onnie...Inna onnie aready agreed to be my model. But......I still kept the main dress for you!” Chaerin clothing line, CL, are gonna launch a new store in rodeo street,Apgujeong.

 

“really?? Can I look at the design,pleasee?”

 

“sorry onnie,it’s a secret! You will see it after it’s done,I promise”

 

“awww too bad...oh speaking of yesterday,I saw a really interesting guy. And he said he’s new in school. It’s amazing how he could come at the half of semester” suddenly Bom remembered yesterday event.

 

“really? What’s his name?” Jessica asked.

 

“I think it’s Kim—“

 

“IT’S KIM JONGIN!!” suddenly the cafetaria became so noisy. And a quite good looking guy is now being surrounded by the freshman girls.

 

“it’s him!” Bom pointing at the guy.

 

“the new guy? He’s just came this morning and already make a fuss. Maybe because he’s so good looking....” Jessica said. Jessica knew all the latest gossip in school, and plus the new guy is cute, so she's kinda digging on him.

 

“or really rich...but I never saw his face before....” Inna looked at Jongin with a curiousity.

 

“maybe he just spend his childhood overseas,so we never see him”, Chaerin said that,recall her memories when she first met Krystal.

 

 

 

“hey honey”,suddenly Seunghyun came and kiss Bom cheek. Choi Seunghyun is the son of Kangsan Academy director,and also head of the student council. He also happens to have a relationship with the Academy Queen Bee,Bom.

 

“oh hey,I thought you came with Dara”,Bom kiss him back. Seunghyun take a seat beside Bom.

 

“no,she said she still have something to be done. Hey Jae,how about tonight plan? Still on it?”

 

“of course! After I done with the meeting at the office,I’ll see you there” said Jaejoong sipped his juice.

 

“what plan? I don’t know you had a plan tonight?” Inna asked Jaejoong.

 

“it’s a guy night,Inna,you don’t really have to know” said Jaejoong, clearly annoyed.

 

“but I’m your fiancee! I suppose to know everything! Bom,you know where’s Seunghyun will be going?”

 

“oh..I....well I kinda let him off doing anything that he wants...” Bom give her a akward smile.

 

“see? Even Bom doesn’t do that! I’m so tired hearing your nag. I’m going first guys”,Jaejoong throw the napkin and going away. Inna looked like she would be crying at any minute.

 

“onnie....”Chaerin trying to console Inna.

 

“Seunghyun-ah....” Bom looked at Seunghyun,asked him for help. He’s Jaejoong best friend,and maybe are the only one who can fix this. Seunghyun give Bom a calming smile.

 

“I will talk to Jaejoong,okay Inna-ah? I’m sure he’s just having a bad day today. And about tonight,it’s really nothing,we just gonna hang in my club and talking. You girls can come too if you want it”, Seunghyun then kiss Bom cheek again, and followed Jaejoong.

 

“I think,I’m going to class first...” Inna then leaving Chaerin,Jessica, and Bom. She walk away and cry.

 

“oh well....I think I’m going too...we still had our shopping plans,right Bom?” asked Jessica while fixing her uniform and her blonde hair.

 

“yeah,my driver would pick us up after school. Bye Jess...” Bom waved to Jessica,and she waved back.

 

“onnie,I just got a vip pass for Vera Wang fashion show in NY next week,care to join me?” Chaerin asked Bom. They both love fashion shows, and this week is the time that all fashionista all around the world gather,it’s New York Fashion Week. Last year,Bom had to excused from school so she could catch all the shows. Dara,Inna, Jessica, Seunghyun, and Jaejoong also came with her plead.

 

“really?? Oh  is it the time yet? So Vera would be opening the shows this year? I’ve been so busy with the orchestra club,so I keep forgetting my favourite time in the year!”

 

“so you’ll come with me,right??” Chaerin asked her. Bom is Chaerin muse in fashion. Watch the NYFW with her is one of a kind happines.

 

“of course! I will booked a plane ticket and trying to get a room in Ritz. I hope Ritz still provide the grand suite room,it’s the busiest time of the year,and usually it’s full booked with everyone from the fashion week”, Bom try to calculate things in her Ipad. Should she called her father assistant to help her get a reservation? She also have to booked all the other vip pass to watch all the shows.

 

“I will call someone from Hilton,if the Ritz are full booked,onnie”, the Lee family have an affiliate with the Hilton,so it’s gonna be very easy on Chaerin to make a reservation there.

 

“oh really?? That would be good! I will call my father secretary to also provide us all the vip pass for all the shows. How’s that sound? I don’t know if the others want to watch it or not,they’re not really big fan of fashion. Dara maybe would come with me, and Seunghyun too. Well,if Dara want to come,I’m sure everyone also want to come. Okay perfect! I already set that in my social schedule!” Bom happily said while checking her agenda.

 

“I will ask Krystal too! But I don’t know if she want to come or not,but we can ask Jessica onnie to bring her!” Chaerin knew that Krystal hate all the social events and her sister also in it,but there’s no harm in trying to plead her,thought Chaerin.

 

 

 

Suddenly their conversation is being interrupted with Jongin that suddenly approach them.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim! We meet again!” said Jongin while bowing to Chaerin and Bom. He innocently smiling like a little kid.

 

Jongin bow to Bom and Chaerin while innocently smiling. Everyone in the cafetaria looked at him with a weird and scared face. Bom’s clique always sit in the corner at the cafetaria,with a big red sofa in it. It’s exclusive,and no one really had a nerve to come there,except they’re one of the beautiful people.

 

“how noisy! Don’t you know that me and Bom onnie are having a conversation here? Don’t you know the rule?” Chaerin looked at him with a annoyed face.

 

“I-I’m sorry,but I don’t know. Is there any rule,that not allowed me to greeting you guys in the cafetaria?” Jongin loooked with innocent face.

 

“You don’t know? Since it’s your first day in school,I let you off. Onnie,let’s go to class!” Chaerin try to keep her cool and hold her anger. How dare this new guy talked to her like that. She walk away and waiting for Bom in the front of the cafetaria.

 

“am I doing something wrong?” Jongin asked Bom,who still tidy up her things.

 

“oh don’t worry,she’s always like that”,Bom let out a little laugh and then went following Chaerin. Jongin can’t help but blushing over seeing Bom laugh.

 

“Jongin-ssi,are you okay?” one of the first grade girls,named Gaeun come to Jongin. She's in the same class with Jongin, and already mesmerized by his cool charisma.

 

“yeah,I’m okay,Gaeun-ssi” Jongin smiled to her.

 

“don’t mind Chaerin sunbae,she’s so arrogant because she’s in Bom sunbae clique even though she’s just a second year” said Ahreum. She’s also one of Jongin fans.

 

“and not to mention,she’s winning the debutante ball last year....” Gaeun said to the girls.

 

“yeah at her fresheman year!”

 

 “yeah! Yeah!” the girls now chattering and gossiping. The girls now already talking about this year debutante ball that will be held this winter. Kai akwardly standing and confused about their talk.

 

“hey,girls....sorry but I have to go to the library. Bye!” Jongin quickly run away from all those girls. He doesn't really understand girls,and actually it makes his head dizzy by their loud laugh and talk.

 

"B-but!! Kim Jongin-ssi wait for us!!" The girls are now chasing him.