Debutante Ball part I

REPUTATION

You see us sparkling everyday. Our hairstyle and fashion always so perfect,even since we just woke up. You said,we say the word ‘Chanel’,’Fendi’, and ‘Prada’ more often than other people. You think we are drop dead gorgeus and fabulous---and secretly you hate that. Sometimes you also hope that it’s YOU who being loved by those guys, not US. And at the night,you secretly pray and ask to God,why life is so unfair?

 

But, here’s the truth. Every morning we spend a long time in front of the mirror,because we realize,that a fabulous looks, it’s not that simple as Miley Cyrus wear a blonde wig and become Hannah Montana. And about beauty,well,it’s a gift. If you hate us for something that we had since born,is it fair that we also hate you for being smart? And about those boys,ah,those annoying,clingy,rude boys. You don’t know that sometimes they can be such an . So,still said it’s unfair?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

1 YEAR AGO

 

CHAERIN POV

 

 

 

I fix my make up for the third time now. I keep checking at my compact mirror,to see if I had any flaw in the make up, the hair, or the dress. I have to be perfect. I am CL the one and only baddest female. I keep saying that phrase in my mind. It’s my first debutante ball,and as the only daughter in the famous Lee family,I have to keep my family names and integrity. Debutante ball means everything to the upper class family in Seoul. The daughter of the family who succeed this debutante will be crown as the queen of the night. It also means: you bring the family names into a such big honor! I looked at my mom. She’s been talking with the minister wife,totally ignoring me. I don’t see any familiar face when someone suddenly called me.

 

“hey...”

 

“oh,hello...” I looked at the girl that called me. She’s so pretty,almost like a doll,with her porcelain face and her silky long dark hair. She’s been sitting beside me for hour,and I just noticed her.

 

“you must be Lee Chaerin,right?” she asked me.

 

“yeah,who are you?”

 

“I’m Krystal Jung. I’m a big fan of your clothing line!” she give her hand to me,and I take it.

 

“oh you’re Jessica Jung sister!”

 

 “yeah,my older sister is kinda famous here,right? She’s also one of the debutante committee this year” Krystal showing me the direction where the debutante committee sit. They have a very different aura than us,even though we also in the upper class society.

 

“I know your sister very well,because I’ve seen her in many occasions,but why I never see you?”

 

“you know,I was in USA since I was child. I also go to a boarding school there. Beside,I never really like the crowd of people. It kinda annoyed me”

 

“really? I also have the same thought! But I have to go to all these events,because,I’m the only daughter of the Lee family...” I sighed.

 

Suddenly,all the chattering is stop. A very gorgeous woman,stepped out to the front,and then talked in front of us. She have a unusual beauty and so charismatic,that we can’t help but keep looking at her.

 

“Good evening,ladies and gentleman. Welcome to the 21th Seoul debutante ball!” Everyone clapped their hands,including me and Krsytal.

 

“that’s Park Bom,she won the debutante last year,she also in the committee..” I whispered to Krystal.

 

“I know...she’s my sister friend,although I don’t know if they’re really friends or not,my sister kinda hate her because she lost over her last year..”

 

“Now I will introduce you all to the new debutante of Seoul,starts from the Ahyoung Cho,the only child and also the heir of the Cho industry. She’s just got into the famous all girls boarding school in England” when Park Bom shouting her name,a girl who wearing a big fluffy pink dress stands and give a slight bow to everyone.

 

Park Bom keep shouting other girls name,some of it it’s the person I knew,because of their parents relationship with my parents,but some of it,it’s the new face in the social event like this.

 

“and now for the only daughter of Lee family,Chaerin Lee. This girl already have her own clothing line since 12 years old,and just gotten into Kangsan Academy School”, when Park Bom shouting my name,I quickly stand up,but then my hands nudge the glass,and it fell to my dress.

 

“o ! “ I suddenly realized that everybody attention is pointing at me. I smiled akwardly and bow to them before I quickly sit. Oh great,now my mom will kill me for destroying my first debutante. I could even feel her glare at the other table. I can see Park Bom almost chuckled at me.

 

“don’t be sad,I still think you’re the most gorgeous girls in this room” Krystal encouraged me after I sit again.

 

“oh please,more than Park Bom? I don’t think so” I rolled my eyes. Krystal let out a little laugh,and after that I started to laugh too.

 

“oh it’s my turn..” Krystal fixed her hair when her name is going to be called next.

 

“it’s the last child of Jung family,Jessica Jung little sister,Krystal Jung! She’s in the USA since child,and just came here yesterday,aaand will go to the Kangsan Academy School!”

 

Krystal give everyone a elegant bow. She’s so pretty,and somehow have the mysterious charming aura. I could hear everyone whispering how beautiful she is,and guessed she’s the one who will win the crown this year. Krystal brushed her long hair, and then sit again.

 

“it seems your popularity is high enough here. I could almost feel everyone saying you’re the winner” I whispered to her.

 

“I don’t really care about that. Beside,they only support my winning because of my sister reputation” she told me with a bored face.

 

“oh,and you never told me you will be going to Kangsan Academy too?”

 

“yeah,I forgot about that. Actually, it wasn’t my idea to be put in Kangsan Academy,it’s all my parents idea. Beside,you know what? That Park Bom girl and my sister is there too”,she look at Park Bom,whose already finishing her speech and task,and walk down the podium to her chair.

 

“I know it, and that’s also the reason why I choose the Kangsan Academy” I said with a confidence.

 

“you really idolize all those girls,right?”

 

“well....it’s not really I idolize them,but somehow they have a different aura than us. Oh,look the trouble comes.....” I stopping my words when I saw my mother coming at us,with Lee Seunghyun or Seungri,my middle school friend. His family is a friend with my family.

 

“hey mom.....”

 

“Lee Chaerin how dare you to embarass me?? As your punishment,you have to  dance with him. He’s---” said my mother half whispered.

 

“yeah I know,I know, let’s dance Seungri-ssi...” I looked at the guy and smile. He smiled back and hold my hand,pulling me slowly to the center. I looked back at Krystal with an annoyed face. Krystal try so hard not to laughing,but then a very handsome guy came to her.

 

“hello,miss...” said the guy.

 

“hello...”

 

“can I have the dance with you?” the guy asked.

 

“sorry,but I’m not really like to dance with a stranger”, said Krystal with an annoyed smile.

 

“hahahahaha...you are truly Jessica Jung sister. I’m sorry,I’m Kim Jaejoong”

 

“ooooh,so you are the famous Kim Jaejoong?” Krystal retorically asked.

 

“now,are you gonna take my hand or not?” Jaejoong still held out his hand. With a small smile –slash- a smirk,Krystal take Jaejoong hand,and together they go to the center,come to us.When Krystal and Jaejoong dance,she could feel there’s someone that keep looking at them,with a hard glare. But knowing Krystal,she don’t care and keep dancing.

 

After the first song is over,Seungri excused himself. Maybe he would dance with another girl that his mother choose. Sometimes I pity his life,my life, or everyother kid that must pleased another person just to maintain the family honor. I approached Krsytal.

 

“done with that Seungri guy?” she asked me holding back her laughter.

 

“yeah...he’s my middle school friend,so it’s not really akward to dance with him. I saw Kim Jaejoong comes to you. Be careful with him,he’s a womanizer”

 

“I know about it. He used to date my sister,and also came from my sister clique. I think he came to me because of my sister order”

 

“order?”

 

“yeah,so I got the crown for this year debutante. The Kim family is so famous,and if he dance with me,he could increase my reputation. I know exactly what my older sister thinking” she smirk and then waving to her sister,Jessica at the other side. I saw Jessica approach us.

 

“sis,you are perfect tonight!” Jessica squealing while pat Krystal head.

 

“thanks sis....”

 

“I’m  sure you will win tonight! All the jury are so impressed by you! Even my friends! Oh I have to go,Bommie is calling me for the crowning....” Jessica smiled at me and then turn her back. Krystal then changed her expression to a bored one once again.

 

“you seem to hate your sister so much?”

 

“yeah,I am. I think,she’s very fake. We just don’t really get along so well since child” Krystal raised her shoulder.

 

“oh look the crowning now begin!!” said one girl beside us when Jessica is in the podium.

 

“Hello everyone.....I'm Jessica Jung...now I’m going to announce the most important thing this night,it’s the debutante crown!! Okay,I already hold the envelope,and ready to open it....”

 

While Jessica trying to open the golden envelope,I can’t help but feeling tense. I saw Krystal,but her face still showed no emotion. Evern though I already know,who’s the winner is,I can’t help but hoping it would be me.

 

 

 

 

 

“ANNNND THE WINNER IS........” Jessica now opening the envelope,but I saw how her face is changed. She seems very furious.it's like she's ready to throw a fit.

 

 

 

- to be continued-