Noon

Love as a Drug

“Sehunnie, hurry up! We only have five hours left till the dinner party.” Luhan yells after he puts on his shoes at the door.

“Coming.” Sehun replies as he put on his jacket. He walks up to the entrance while grabbing a baseball cap that Luhan bought him when they were visiting China, then he puts on his shoes.

“You got your wallet and everything right?” Luhan asks as they head towards the parking lot.

“Yes princess; I got my big, fat wallet that can buy you an entire store.” Sehun answers teasingly.

“Someone has been saving money.” Luhan says with disbelief in his tone.

“Anything for you my dear.” Sehun asserts him while opening the door for him.

“Hmm, the princess treatment so far is very enjoyable.” Luhan expresses as he gives Sehun a kiss as a reward. Sehun then closes the door and paces to the driver’s seat.

“Alright, first stop, bubble tea shop.”

 


 

Luhan steps out of the car the moment Sehun parks in the parking lot. “I have to go to the washroom.” he says while he runs inside the shop.

Sehun looks at how cutely Luhan rushes inside the store and paces after him without forgetting to lock the car. He pushes the door open and as expected, the shop was busy as usual. Stepping in line without a second thought, Sehun waits for Luhan to come out. When it was his turn, he orders the usual chocolate and taro and patiently waits for both the drinks and Luhan by the side.

The drink was completed before Luhan left the restroom so Sehun decides that he’ll wait at the usual spot. Constantly taking sips from his drink Sehun’s eyes searches the store, seeking for any changes. The wall has more sticky notes and the chairs seems like they have been freshly bought. Before he could finish examining, Luhan walks out and questions his behavior.

“What are you doing?” he asks.

“Just trying to trace some remaining memories from high school; I have been too busy trying to trace you the last time I was here.” Sehun replies. There is a decent bubble tea shop right outside their house, but they still visit for those satisfying memories of their group of twelve.

“We should come here often, I miss everyone and the games we played here; those good old memories of childhood.” Luhan sighs.

“Don’t worry,” Sehun says while patting Luhan on the head, “we are all having dinner together tonight.”

“You contacted all ten of them right?” Luhan questions.

“All ten of them and our parents.” Sehun ensures him.

Luhan smiles, “Thank you.” he leans over to give him a peck on the cheek.

“Let’s go and shop now, we have four hours left.” Sehun states as he grabs Luhan’s hand and drags him out of the shop and towards the mall.

The mall is crowded and noisy as usual; the occasional child screaming at one place and couples arguing at another. Regardless, it is not significant enough to affect their mood and enthusiasm. In to one store and out the other, they enjoy the pleasant feeling of being with each other.

“Sehunnie, try this on. It will look so good on you.” Luhan shouts across from the store.

“It’s, your birthday, why bother focusing on me?” Sehun shouts back.

“Come on, I have been trying on hundreds of cloth, just this shirt okay? And I’ll find you a tie and blazer to match.” Luhan begs as he pushes Sehun into one of those changing rooms.

Sehun sighs speechlessly, but he couldn’t reject Luhan. Unwillingly, he walks into the changing room and starts undressing himself.

“Are you done yet Sehun?” Luhan asks, “It’s been like ten minutes.”

“Can you come in instead?” Sehun murmurs by the door.

“Fine,” Luhan walks up to the half open door and slips inside.

Inside, Sehun stands with hands in his pockets and the shirt Luhan gave him. The top few buttons were undone, showing and emphasizing his sharp collarbones with his pale skin. His messy hair makes his overall outfit surprisingly majestic. The slight blush on his face makes him adorable and y at the same time.

Luhan’s eyes scan Sehun from top to bottom and his jaw drops open. “I don’t think you need a tie or blazer. If you wear this for the rest of the day then it would be the best birthday present for me.” A bright grin appears on his face, replacing the popped open jaw; the original doe-like eyes transforms into curved lines hanging underneath his eyebrows.

“The way you are smiling at me is freaking me out.” Sehun says as his head turns side-ways, trying to avoid eye contact with the creepy deer.

“You should wear shirts without a tie more often. It makes you look rakish and... seductive.” Luhan comments as he closes the space between him and the taller man.

“I will. But only if you agree to wear this shirt and nothing else at home.” Sehun smirks as he observes Luhan’s reaction. But much to his disappointment, Luhan’s reaction was nothing near what he imagined.

“Deal!” Luhan retorts. “Now let’s go and get you this shirt because you are going to wear it for the rest of the day.” Luhan adds on while pushing him towards the cashier to pay.