Afternoon

Love as a Drug

After 4 hours of continues walking, and trying on cloth, the couple decides to have some to nibble on before going to the dinner party. Rejecting Luhan’s idea of having ice cream, Sehun drags him to a confectioner instead. Behind the glass cover, various deserts filled each layer of the see-through container. Cheese cake, muse cake and other sweets neatly decorated and placed.

 

“Hi, can I please get the strawberry cake here? Yes, the one with whipping cream.” Luhan asks politely.

 

“Oh and he’ll have the mango muse cake.” Luhan adds.

 

“Alright, please pay over here.” the store clerk asks.

 

“Thank you,” Luhan says with a smile, “Sehun come and help me.” Then he heads back towards the table with the cakes. Without saying anything, Sehun rises up from his seat and grabs the forks.

 

“Here, your fork.” Sehun says as he hands Luhan a fork while simultaneously sits down.

 

“Thank you.” Luhan says with a silly grin.

 

“Here, you want some of mine?” Sehun asks with a forkful of cake poised in front of Luhan.

 

Luhan grins again and eats the cake in one bite. Then, he starts to devour his own piece of cake. Sehun looks at him with another speechless expression and heads for the washroom. Luhan finishes the cake simultaneously as Sehun returns. Sehun stares at Luhan the entire way back and plops down in his chair. “Are you pretending this is a drama scene or something?” he asks.

 

Luhan looks at him with confusion, “What?”

 

“Here, don’t move.” Sehun says as he leans forward.

 

Luhan stares at him full of wonder in his eyes as the younger leans so closes the they nose are touching each other and kisses him. He feels Sehun’s tongue against his upper lip and realizes that he has some possible whipping cream on his face. Sehun returns to his original position with a little frown on his face; the sweetness of whipping cream is a bit too overwhelming.

 

Although they have been together for a couple of years already, minus the year Luhan was in a coma, they are not the type to show lots of skinship in public. Luhan would kiss Sehun for teasing purposes but that kiss was really unexpected and somewhat romantic. Luhan blushes and looks down on the edge of the table in order to hide his burning cheeks.

 

Sehun laughs at Luhan’s shyness and lifts his chin up to face him. “You still have some cake here.” he comments with a tissue in his hand wiping Luhan’s face.

 

Luhan pouts with red cheeks and complains to Sehun about people watching yet a smile appears on his face replacing his blush. He kind of likes those kisses he has to admit.

 

Sehun pushes his cake forward, “Here, you can have this too.”

 

Luhan nods as his fork digs into the cake. But instead of shoving it into his own mouth, he holds it up to Sehun. “You should at least have a bite you know.” he says.

 

“Okay,” Sehun replies as he sallow the cake, “and we should get going soon.”

 

Luhan nods again and continues eating the cake with a faster pace. 

 

 


 

The parking lot is crowded at this time of the day as usual; people rushing home getting ready for dinner with shopping carts full of groceries, university students going back to their dorm after their hangout at the mall, they all add to the noisy atmosphere. However the calm and sweet atmosphere amongst Luhan and Sehun stays the same as they walk towards their car, both of them carrying tons of shopping bags in one hand while holding each other’s hand with the other. They place the heavy bags in the back seat and starts heading to the restaurant.

 

The restaurant is located mid way between where Luhan and his parents lives. Unlike most restaurants, the one they chose to have the dinner party was less formal and more spacious. There are twelve boys in and four parents which is sixteen people in total, therefore Sehun was ready spend tons of money just for that dinner. Also, for convenience sake, they split the table into two: the parent side and the adolescent side.

 

Luhan and Sehun is the first one to show up since they are buying. In order to kill time, the two asks for two glasses of water and the menu. Shortly after, Luhan’s parents arrive empty-handed.

 

“Where’s my present?” Luhan asks with as he stands up to welcome his parents.

 

“Your dad made an insane decision tonight for your birthday so we’ll keep it till the end.” Luhan’s mom replies with a mysterious smile.

 

Luhan pouts. “Alright, I’ll be patient.”

 

Before Sehun has a chance to greet his in laws, Suho arrives with a neatly wrapped present in hand. After placing the present on the table, he rushes over to give Luhan a hug. He, then, hugs Sehun and greets the two elders. “Where are your parents?” Suho asks.

 

“They are on their way here, what about everyone else?” Sehun asks in return.

 

“I don’t even know. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are probably lost on the way here. Kai and Kyungsoo should arrive soon since Kyungsoo’s rather responsible and dislikes being late. Lay, he probably forgot. And do you still wish me to continue?” Suho states.

 

Sehun laughs at the enjoyable, pleasant feeling of his friend’s presence and pulls him down on a chair for further discussion. Luhan, on the other hand, is having fun entertaining his parents with little stories that happened when they were shopping. The atmosphere is rather delightful with the accompaniment of soothing violin music.

 

Kai and Kyungsoo arrive five minutes later with apologetic smiles, but that smile vanishes as soon as they see the numerous empty chairs. After greeting everyone, they sit down and start glancing through the menu with occasional comments here and there.

 

While the waiter is taking order of appetizers, the door at the entrance swings open; Sehun’s parents walk in.  Everyone stands up and bows as Luhan’s parents, Sehun and Luhan rushes over to guide them to their spot. The parents talk to each other cordially as Sehun requests some water.

 

Kris, Lay and Tao shows up just as the waiter brings in the appetizers. Lay apologies for being late as he hugs Luhan, Kris stands beside them, complaining about a traffic jam that caused them to be late. Tao rushes over to the table as he wishes Luhan happy birthday. Without another word, he starts shoving food in his mouth as if he hasn’t eaten for days.

 

Chen and Xiumin shows up later with beer and Soju in their hands. “Sorry, I just remembered to buy some alcohol so we stopped on our way here.” Xiumin says as he drops of the beverages on the table.

 

Luhan walks over to him and gives him a hug, “Thank you, baozi.”

 

Xiumin pats him on the behind, “Happy birthday Luzi.”

 

Chen walks over to them and pulls Luhan into a hug as well. “Happy birthday, our fake maknae.”

 

“Haha, thanks Chen.” Luhan says while guiding Chen and Xiumin to the empty chairs. “Shall we get started? We are only missing Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

 

Luhan’s phone rings when he busily flips through the menu. “Hey, where are you Baekhyun?”

 

“Sorry, I got lost and I called Chanyeol to find me, which is a dumb idea. And now both of us are lost. So….”

 

Luhan turns the phone on speaker mood and asks Sehun to try to locate where they are. Luhan was always bad with directions; Sehun was forced to get his driver’s license since he had no desire of stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere.

 

After giving detailed descriptions of where they are, Sehun rushes out the door and starts searching for lost Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 

 

/A.N 

otl, I'm soooooo sorry. I wrote half of the story at like 2am and the gramma is atrocious... 

if you found any mistakes plz tell me. 

Anyways, thanks for reading and have a nice day/night.