Evening

Love as a Drug

Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrive with the help of Sehun just as Suho sits down from his long birthday speech for Luhan. They pace to the table to join everyone as they toasts for Luhan’s birthday and everyone wishes Luhan a happy birthday in unison.

 

The parents left earlier since the boys are planning on to moving the party somewhere else for better entertainment after having dinner.

 

Sehun asks for the bill and everyone took it as sign to grab their stuff and start heading outside. The waiter comes in empty-handed and informs Sehun that Luhan’s parents have paid for them already.

 

“So this is the birthday gift they were talking about.” Luhan comments as he pulls on his jacket.

 

Sehun takes Luhan by then hand, “Come on, we have to catch up to them.”

 

Spring nights are usually chilly and windy. Nether less, it still brings joy to Luhan who haven’t seen his high school friends for years. Nothing has really changed much; the quiet street, the group of friends, and the never ending night.

 

The karaoke place is just a couple blocks down. Luhan still remembers the same old routine no matter what celebration it’s for: birthdays, him and Sehun dating, graduating high school, getting a job. The feeling of nostalgic rushes over him and the chilly wind irritates his eyes. He thought to himself, tonight is not the night to cry. He kept quiet the entire way, listening to Baekhyun and Xiumin talking what he missed during his coma. A smile plasters on his face, a calm, bitter smile that looks rather fake. Behind that smile hid the overwhelming feeling of gratitude and urge of crying.

 

Sehun realizes that something was wrong but he didn’t bother pointing it out, he just simply leans over and kisses him on the forehead. “If you miss them that much we can move closer to our high school.” he whispers,

 

Luhan looks at him in the eyes, “Thank you Sehun, for the long waiting and everything.” He holds on Sehun’s hand tighter.

 

Sehun didn’t say anything. He glances at Luhan’s tight grip and smiles at Luhan in return.

 

“Stop staring at each other. You guys look like you want to eat each other alive or something.” Chanyeol yells. “We are here.”

 

Luhan blushes and breaks away from the stare. “Why you do have to make everything so inappropriate?”

 

“I’m just pointing out the obvious.” Chanyeol replies nonchalantly.  

 

“Hey,” Sehun joins in, “stop picking on the birthday boy.”

 

“Let’s go and sing okay?” Suho says while pushing Chanyeol and Sehun through the tiny entrance.

 

 

 


 

 

They request for a room large enough for twelve people and order some more alcohol as they step into the dimmed room. The room had two couches side by side and a coffee table in front of it. 

 

Luhan places his gifts on the table and settles down one of the couches. Sehun sits beside him on one side and Baekhyun plops down on the other. Chanyeol and Chen are over by the machine, punching in songs they want to sing.

 

“Are you not singing?” Sehun asks.

 

“Nah let them sing first. And I want to hear you sing.” Luhan replies as he looks at Sehun in the eye. “Sing for me.”

 

“I don’t really feel like it you know.” Sehun rejects with a teasing tone.

 

“Buing buing Sehunnie.” Luhan says with his two fists up beside his cheeks.

 

Luhan’s aegyo always manages to work on Sehun. It is his birthday, and his begging tone sounds extremely delightful in his ears.

 

Time slips by rather fast. Before he realizes he’s up next.

 

내가 눈감아 기도한 순간이(I prayed for this moment with closed eyes)
그대 애인 맘을 안아줄게(I will embrace you, my lover’s heart,)
천천히(slowly)
오늘이 한번의 Chance(Today is the only chance,)
내딛는 걸음 (I’ll take the first step)”

 

Sehun’s eyes focus on Luhan for a brief moment, and then he closes his eyes, gathering his emotions and feelings in to the song.

 

약속 할게 할거야 (I promise you, I’ll be good to you)
기대만큼 역시 행복하게 (Just like I hoped, I will happily)
우리 만의 걸음 (Take the first step toward our dream)”

 

Luhan closes his eyes as well. He enjoys the shyness hidden in Sehun’s voice. To Luhan, this is like a love confession. Although it wasn’t really close to their story, but the cheesy lyrics did make Luhan recover from the flashback.

 

눈이 이리 눈부셔 하게 (Why are my eyes so blinded?)
심장이 이리 미친 뛰게 (Why is my heart beating so crazily?)
가빠 오지만 (I’m running out of breath)
내겐 너무 소중해 잊지마 (but it’s so precious, don’t forget)”

 

Sehun opens his eyes and scrutinizes Luhan’s beauty. Hypnotizing, charming, warming are the words that pops up in his mind and his eyes scans Luhan’s face. The lyrics sure described Sehun well. When he first saw Luhan, he felt the palpitation of his heart and the breathless feeling of fainting.

 

처음 , (In the beginning, your dream,)

 

, 눈물보다 진한 (your words were thicker than tears)
천국의 넥타보다 달콤했던 (Sweeter than the nectar of heaven)
Yes, you are my baby baby baby,
baby baby baby”

 

 

Luhan laughs at how cheesy the lyrics are. The sweetness and cuteness drowns him in happiness. The great feeling of your lover singing a love song for you is indescribably pleasant.

 

 

 “약속해 멈추지 않을게 (I promise you, I won’t stop)
그대만 보며 (As I only look at you)”

 

Luhan gets up from the couch and walks towards Sehun with a mic in his hand. He holds Sehun’s hand and looks at him with full adorable in his eyes and opens his mouth to sing upcoming part.

 

 “내가 감아 기도한 순간이 (I prayed for this moment with closed eyes)
얼마나 꼽아왔던 날인지 (I’ve been waiting for this day for so long)
오늘이 한번의 Chance (Today is the only chance,)
내딛는 걸음 (I’ll take the first step)”

 

Appreciation fills his voice as he sings; appreciation for the three years of patiently waiting for him to wake up; appreciation for tolerating his childish and ridiculous behaviors; appreciation for taking care of him; appreciation for loving him. 

 

쉽지 않을 거야 알아 (I know it won’t be easy)
떨어진 시간만큼 (We’ve grown distant)
멀어져서 (as much as we’ve been apart)
낯선 얼굴 슬프게 (That strange face makes me sad)”

 

Love is the weirdest that exists. Sometimes it can last forever; sometimes it disappears in a blind of an eye. It’s so unpredictable, yet ridiculously obvious. You don’t know when it will arrive, but once it does, you can see it in their eyes. The dark pupil is no longer just an empty space; it is full of adoration, passion and excitement.

 

눈이 이리 눈부셔 하게 (Why are my eyes so blinded?)
심장이 이리 미친 뛰게 (Why is my heart beating so crazily?)
가빠 오지만 (I’m running out of breath)
내겐 너무 소중해 잊지마 (but it’s so precious, don’t forget)”

 

Love can be painful and enjoyable. The pain can be so traumatizing that it ruins your life, but the enjoyment can act like and make you feel hyper and happy. The wait Sehun suffered through was painful but after Luhan woke up, the rush of adrenaline went back to his blood streams and the drug addict feeling was back. He was happy again.

 

처음 , (In the beginning, your dream,)

 

, 눈물보다 진한 (your words were thicker than tears)
천국의 넥타보다 달콤했던 (Sweeter than the nectar of heaven)
Yes, you are my baby baby baby,
baby baby baby”

 

 

 

Time is a big factor in determining the degree of one’s love. Three years is long enough for someone to completely get over someone and move on but Sehun didn’t. He waited and waited and finally his wish came true. The lesson is learnt and changes have been made; there are no more obstacles and their story resumed to where they left off.

 

Sehun pulls Luhan into his arms and sings the very last line together.

 

약속해 그대도 나만 보며 (Promise me that you’ll only look at me too)
나만 사랑해 (Only love me)”

 

“Come on, let’s go home. We have a whole lot of things to do.”

 

Luhan blushes, “But I’m tired.”

 

“You won’t regret it, I promise.” Sehun says as he drags Luhan towards their car while waving good-bye to their friends. 

/AN

god, that took forever....

sorry again.. I am just a lazy . I was really gonna try to make the ending better but the fics i read recently kinda turned down my mood otl. sorry for the atrocious ending. I had to cut a bit of the lyrics cause i have no idea what i was writing.. I felt like i was writing an essay or something.... anyways, enjoy ur summer and i shall be back with a kaisoo fanfic soon. *evil laugh* Imma make y'all drown in ur own tears. 

ohhhhh, and my lovely readers, can u plz recommend some good fanfics. I have been reading too much chinese fics lately and I wanna die cause they are all so good. And I feel like my english is getting worse day by day so... I have no intentions of failing english next year. So plz recommend thanks a lot.

xoxo <3