Part 5

Don't Go

 

Hello! I feel bad for taking so long to write this but I have been settling into my college dorm and well college life so I was trying not to be anti-social and make some friends lolol but here is part 5! 

~Admin Li

After you finished practicing with Sehun and Kai it was late in the afternoon, so the three of you decided to go eat dinner together. You guys walked to the nearest convenience store and bought ramen. As the three of you stood by the counter near the window waiting for your ramen, Kai and Sehun decided to do some interrogating.

"So _______ we saw you walking with our friend D.O earlier."

"Oh yeah," you chuckled, "he's really nice… and talented too."

"So you've heard him sing?" Sehun looked at you.

"Neh, we're in the same music class."

The two of them nodded, "So what were you guys talking about?" Kai raised his eyebrows at you.

You blinked and looked at him, "He was just telling me about his group of friends… Why are you guys asking me so many questions?"

The grinned, "Mianhae… we just have never see D.O so social with anyone but us."

"Chincha?"

"Neh, he normally wears his headphones and blocks out the world. Especially when he's trying to finish a song for the talent show."

"He writes songs?

"Well this is the first year he's writing it alone… normally Baekhyun hyung helps him."

You nodded, 'so that's what he was working on today…' you thought.

"So you're in music class with him?" Sehun asked interrupting you thoughts.

You smiled brightly, "Neh and we have english together too."

"What?!" they exclaimed simultaneously.

You laughed, "Yeah, so let's stop with the 20 questions now and eat."

They nodded in agreement and the three of you started eating your ramen. After you all finished it was starting to get dark so Sehun and Kai walked you home.

____

The next morning D.O woke at the first beep of his alarm clock. He was actually excited to go to school. He quickly washed up and got dressed for school. He grabbed his backpack and left without eating breakfast. Instead of eating at home he stopped at this small cafe on his war to school. He bought two croissant rolls and a bottle of water. He checked his phone and saw it was still early, so he rushed to school. 

As he was walking, just like the morning before, he saw you walking and singing to yourself. He hid behind a pillar of the wall lining the school boundaries, so you wouldn't see hi. He peeked out and saw you walking into the school gates. He quietly followed you through the school's courtyard. 

"_______!" he called your name once he built up enough confidence. You couldn't hear him over the music you were listening to. He jogged to catch up to you then gently tapped your shoulder, making you jump. You turned and seen him smiling at you.

"Omo! You scared me~" you gasped.

"Mianhae… I saw you walking and tried calling out to you but you didn't hear me…"

"Sorry I was listening to my music," you chuckled softly and tapped your headphones that were now around your neck.

He smiled charmingly at you, it actually made your heart skip a beat.

"Why are you here so early?" D.O asked.

His sudden question bringing you out of your trance, "Well… first I always went to school early it's a habit, I guess. But on my first day here I discovered something… follow me," you smiled grabbing his wrist and pulled him behind you. The moment your hand touched him, volts of electricity shot through his body making his pulse accelerate.

He followed you as you walked towards the back of the school to the school's garden. You led him to the bench in a shady part of the garden.

"Why are we-"

"Watch," you cut him off pointing to the flower beds around you.

As if on cue butterflies floated off the flower beds around the two of you and fluttered around.

"Wow!" D.O said as he watched them take flight.

You chuckled, "I always liked flowers and butterflies, and I saw this my first morning here."

He chuckled as well then turned to face you, but he froze the moment he saw you watching the butterflies in amazement. You felt the weight of his gaze on you and turned to look at him, your eyes instantly locking with his. Every second you stared into his big brown eyes you could feel your heart beat accelerate. D.O gazed into your eyes and the world around you two disappeared. As if under some sort of spell he leaned closer to you.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Both of you jumped at the sudden beeping of D.O's phone. You looked away, your cheeks turning a shade of red. He looked away, blushing as well, to check his phone.

It was a text message from Kai:

Where are you?

He inhaled sharply and quickly replied:

Sorry I forgot to tell you guys that I'm already at school.

"Sorry that was Kai… I forgot to tell my friends I woke up early again."

You chuckled, "Aigoo, your friends, Sehun and Kai, are funny… but they ask a lot of questions."

He chuckled with you and nodded, "Neh they do… Oh! I bought a croissant to eat for breakfast on the way here. But the worker gave me an extra one," he lied, "Do you want it?"

"You sure you don't want to keep it for later?"

"No it won't taste as great later… please eat it?"

"Okay then," you smiled.

He took the bag and held it out for you o grab one. He took the other croissant and the two of you ate happily.

"Do you want some water?" he looked at you.

You nodded in response. He smiled and handed the bottle of water he bought earlier to you.

"What are you going to drink?" you asked noticing he only had one bottle of water.

"I'm fine, you drink~" he smiled reassuringly.

You smiled and drank some water. The two of you sat in silence for a bit as you ate. Soon the sound of students entering the school gates started to fill the area letting the two of you know that it was almost time for school to start. You looked at your phone to check the time and saw it was almost time for school to start.

"Should we head to english?" you smiled at him.

He nodded, "Yeah we should so we're not late."

He stood up and held out a hand to help you up. You took his hand and stood as well, then let go grabbing your stuff. Then the two of you walked together into the school building. The two of you started talking about english homework as you walked through the semi-crowded halls of the school. 

____

Kai, Chanyeol, and Chen waited outside of D.O's house this morning to walk to school with him… Until Kai got D.O's text about already being at school.

"He's already at school…"

"What?" Chen blinked trying to register Kai's words in his mind.

"Yeah… Guess he's gotten up early today just like yesterday."

So the four left D.O's house and walked to the school where they met up with the rest of their friends. As the huge group of friends walked through the halls they caught a glimpse of their small friend.

"D.O~!" Suho called.

All eleven of them turned to look at D.O, they immediately saw that he was with you. Suho called his name again but just like the first he did not respond, because he was too consumed in his current conversation with you. They all blinked as they watched the two of you walk past them without even noticing them.

"Who was that he was with?" Suho tilted his head in confusion.

"Molla…." the rest mumbled together.

Kai and Sehun looked at each other knowing exactly who their friend was walking with.

____

Classes went by fairly fast and it was already lunchtime. D.O walked to the cafeteria by himself as usual, and he was the last one at the table. He sat down with his tray of lunch between Tao and Chanyeol. He started eating and blocking out the table convos as normal.

"How was your practice with the new girl?" Chanyeol asked looking over at Kai and Sehun.

"_______-ah?" Sehun said a bit loudly but only enough to interrupt D.O's eating.

"Yeah, how was it?"

"It was fun, she's an amazing dancer," Kai smiled at Chanyeol, stealing glances at D.O to see his reaction.

"Yeah we were doing so well and having a lot of fun that we didn't finish until like… 6pm," Sehun added.

D.O stared at his plate listening to the conversation that was going on now at the table.

"Wow that's late!" Chen said.

"Yeah we all went to eat dinner together after too," Kai smirked glancing at D.O who's eyes grew bigger hearing that you had eaten dinner with his friends.

"You at together?!" Chanyeol exclaimed in disbelief.

"Neh~! We even walked her home too," Sehun bragged.

D.O was now looking, well actually glaring, at the two now. He really wanted to shut them up and tell them that he had two classes with you. He wanted to tell them that you were his friend and they should back off. But because he was their friends he just stood up abruptly making a big commotion and left not wanting to do anything bad to them.

Kai and Sehun looked at each other and fist bumped. The rest of the table had no idea why D.O had just acted that way but they knew something was up. They watched as he stomped away for the second day in a row during lunch, they turned to Kai and Sehun who were nodded and grinning at each other.

"What's going on?" Kris asked the two younger ones.

"Well we had this theory about D.O and _______," Kai started.

"And D.O just proved our theory to be correct," Sehun finished.

"And what is that?" Suho tilted his head in confusion.

"D.O likes _______-ah a lot," the two said in unison.