Part 4

Don't Go

 

D.O stood frozen in his place when he saw you staring wide-eyed at him. You started to flush red noticing D.o standing by the door watching you. 

'How long has he been there?!' you panicked in your mind.

D.O cleared his throat and stepped inside, "M-Mianhae... I-I was walking by and eard the music," he stuttered looking down at his feet, you remained silent.

He mustered up as much courage as he could and looked into your eyes and held out a hand, "I-I'm D.O... you're _____ right?"

You looked at his outreached hand then into his eyes. You gently took his hand and shook it, "Neh."

The moment your hand touched his it made his heart pound in is chest, "Nice to meet you _____."

You smiled warmly at him, "It's nice to meet you too, D.O."

His heart beat accelerated even faster when you said his name. He loved how sweet even your talking voice was, and the way his name sounded in your voice made him go crazy inside.

"You're in my english class, right?" you tilted your head.

He nodded, "Neh also music class."

You smiled softly, "I remember listening to you sing yesterday."

"Oh... right...." he blushed lightly and looked away nervously.

"Neh, you have a really nice voice by the way."

"Kamsamnida~" he grinned to yourself, "you have a nice voice too ______."

"B-Bwoh?"

He looked up and nodded, "I heard you singing yesterday and this morning," his eyes widened as he realized that he said the last part of his sentence out loud.

"This morning?"

"I-I was walking to school and I saw you," he rambled nervously.

You chuckled softly and nodded, "Oh okay~"

"You're a good dancer as well."

You blushed, "Y-You saw me? H-How long were you there?"

"Not long..." he said stealing a glance at you, he couldn't help but stare when he saw how cute you were when you were embarrassed, "you don't have to be embarrassed _____, I think you are about as good as my friends, Kai and Sehun."

"Your friends?"

"Yeah... they said you were in their dance class."

You nodded, "They are really good dancers~"

He smiled then looked at the clock, "It's almost time for class... I should go now."

You looked at the clock as well, "Wow time flew by, I'll see you in music then, D.O~" you smiled at him.

His heart did a little flip when you said that, "Y-yeah I'll see you later," he grinned then turned and walked out of the class. As soon as he was out he fast-walked to the library for study hall. Once he got there he sat at an empty desk and placed his hand over his heart.

"Wah~" he sighed in relief and tried to calm his heart down.

___

Kai and Sehun walked towards dance class when they saw D.O walking away from dance classroom quickly with his hand over his heart. They lifted their hands up to wave hi to their friend, but he just walked past them without saying anything. They looked at each other confused.

"He's been acting really weird lately..."Sehun said to Kai as they watched D.O weave through the flow of students.

Kai nodded in agreement, "Yeah like at lunch how he stood up abruptly in the middle of our conversation..."

"It seemed like he was pissed off about something..."

"Yeah... Was it something we said?" Kai looked at Sehun.

"I have no idea," Sehun shrugged, "all we were talking about is how we were partners with _____ for dance and we get to spend time with her..."

"Wait what was he doing in the dance room?"

The two walked into dance class and saw you sitting at the back of the room messing with your phone. They looked at each other, "Was he talking to?" Kai asked quietly.

Sehun shrugged, "Molla..."

"_____~" Kai said smiling, "You're here early again."

"Neh I like to practice on my own," you smiled noticing them walk in.

"Hey by any chance did you talk to someone named D.O?" Sehun asked.

You nodded, "Neh he was just in here a little while ago... He's your friend right?"

They looked at each other then back at you, "Neh he is."

"Was he acting weird?" Kai asked tilting his head.

"Molla... but he caught me practicing like you two did," you chuckled softly, "I was surprised when I saw him peeking in." They nodded.

"Wae is something wrong?" you asked a bit confused.

"Aniyo... it's just he's been acting weird since yesterday..."

"Yesterday?"

"Neh, he's not his normal self... like he wanted to walk home, but he was walking the wrong way home," Sehun said sitting next to you.

"Yeah and D.O always catches the bus because he says it's too hot in the afternoon, plus today he got up early and walked to school by himself."

"You think these things are weird?"

"Well he normally acts the same everyday, he was like a robot, you know? The only time he isn't so routine is around the talent show time."

"Well have you ever thought maybe he is sick of doing the same thing all the time?" you chuckled.

They shook their heads, "No this is different," Kai said squinting his eyes in thought, "he even got mad when we were talking at lunch about y-" Kai's eyes widened in realization.

"_____ you're first day here was yesterday right?" Kai said looking at you.

You nodded, "Yeah... Why?"

"Do you have any classes with D.O?"

"Yeah I actually have english with him and music... so i see him at the beginning of the day and at the end."

"After exiting the school gates which way do you walk to go home?"

"Um... right?" you said furrowing your eyebrows at him, "Why all these questions?"

"I think I know why he's acting weird..."

You chuckled, "Okay sherlock," you stood up and stretched as the rest of the class started to flow in, "enough investigating class is gonna start."

___

After dance class finished you changed then wet to your last class of the day. Just like yesterday you arrived early to your last class, you stopped short when you saw D.O pacing in the classroom. He was singing the same thing over and over, it looked like he was trying to figure out the next line but just couldn't.

'He's been acting weird...' Kai's words played in your thoughts, but you quickly shook it out of your mind and walked in.

"Hi~!" you grinned.

D.O jumped at the sound of your voice that boomed through his thoughts.

"Mianhae... I must have scared you," you smiled sheepishly as you took your seat.

He relaxed a little but was excited to see you again, "It's okay," he smiled softly.

"Are you working on that for the assignment?"

He blinked trying to figure out what you were talking about, "Assignment?"

"Yeah the one Ms. Choi gave us? We have to pick a song or something and do our own rendition of it?"

"OH~!" he exclaimed when he realized what you were talking about, "Aniyo this is for the talent show... well at least I hope I could finish it before then," he chuckled softly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Talent show?"

"Yeah I always participate in it along with a bunch of my other friends," he nodded, "the school holds one every year, it's actually next week friday."

"Really?"

He nodded and smiled at you, "Neh."

"Wow..." you chuckled, "I think I want to go watch."

D.O sat at the desk in front of you and leaned against the wall next to the desk, "Just watch? You should join."

"I-I don't know...." you said softly looking away from him.

"Why not?" he said looking at you.

"I-I just...." you sighed, "I don't like singing in front of people anymore."

D.O blinked as he watched a sudden dark expression take over your face as you looked out the window. He felt bad for insisting, although he wasn't sure why it had such a deep effect on you. 

"I-I'm sorry..." he said softly.

You blinked and looked at him, "It's okay," you smiled reassuringly at him.

He mirrored your smile but he could still see that you were a bit sad. D.O reached his hand out and placed it over yours, "I don't know why but I see you're still sad about me bringing it up... I feel bad and I'm sorry."

You looked up at him again, he made you feel safe, "It's okay... It's just the last person I ever sang for was my mom..."

He looked at you with concern and gently squeezed your hand, which made you want to continue, "S-She died last year in a car accident."

"I'm so sorry..."

"We were going home after a day at the park and it started to rain, the roads were so slippery she lost control and our car crashed into a tree... I survived that."

D.O just sat there and continued to listen to you.

"Before she died I didn't know that she had an apartment that she bought to be closer to me after I became a trainee at an entertainment company to be a singer and dancer. So that's why I now go to this school, I haven't gone back to the company after I found out all that my mom left for me... She was always my number one supporter and now that she's gone I guess I just get scared and discouraged to perform now..."

D.O smiled softly and looked at you in the eyes, "Well I'm sure you're mom is still supporting you from up there," he pointed up at the sky, "and I'm sure she would want you to continue performing because from what I seen you do you're very good."

You smiled as tears started to form in your eyes, "K-komawo..." you whispered.

He stood up and walked around the desk, then knelt down and hugged you, "I will be your supporter and friend from now on~" he said softly then wiped the tears from your eyes.

You smiled and nodded, "O-Okay... and I will be yours too."

He grinned feeling his heart warm when he knew he made you feel better.

You chuckled softly as he sat back down in front of you, "Sorry for pouring that all out on you even though we just met earlier today, you just made me feel really comfortable and i don't know... safe?"

He chuckled as his heart skipped a beat, "I don't mind really, at least I know you trust me and are willing to be friends."

You smiled and nodded in response.

"So on a better note, what are you doing for your project?" he grinned.

You laughed, "Um I was thinking of doing a piano version of Jung Yonghwa's You've Fallen for Me."

He nodded, "That's a good song."

"What about you?" 

"I'm not sure..."

____

Music class passed by faster than you wanted it to. Throughout class you and D.O talked and messed around on the piano to create your assignment for the class. You helped him with his song and he helped you with yours. You enjoyed having a friend like him, he was smiley and made you feel happy. He was also the only person you told about how you felt about your mom and your whole situation. And you didn't mind telling him either.

After both of you packed up D.O came over to you, "I can walk you home if you'd like."

You smiled, "That's nice of you but I told Kai and Sehun that we could practice for our assignment after school."

He nodded remembering them bragging about it at lunch, "Arasso, I'll just walk you to the dance classroom then," he chuckled.

The two of you continued to get to know each other as you walked to the dance classroom. He told you all about him and his friends, but he left out the part of their fangirls plus at the part of the school you guys were in was fangirl-free. You listened as he told you stories of his friends and how they met. 

Finally the two of you arrived at the classroom, "So I'll see you tomorrow," D.O said grinning at you.

You nodded and waved goodbye then walked into the classroom. After you walked into the classroom he grinned from ear to ear. He let out a sigh of relief as he was finally able to breathe normal now. He even thought about how you poured your heart out to him, and how he hugged you. He couldn't get over the feeling of having you in his arms, it was like nothing he's ever felt before. You gave him feelings and emotions he didn't even know he could feel and he wasn't really sure what they were but they made him feel amazing. He walked down the hallways grinning like a fool.

___

The last class of the day had ended and Kai and Sehun headed to the dance classroom immediately. They were excited to be practicing with you for your project for class. Plus it would also give them more stuff to brag about at the lunch table to their envious friends. 

But as the walked down the hall they spotted you and D.O walking together. He was laughing and talking a lot. To them, that wasn't the D.O they knew. D.O always kept to himself and basically only talked to his group of friends. 

"Is that D.O?" Sehun squinted staring at the two of you walking.

"Yeah it is..."

"He is talking so much!" Sehun widened his eyes as they kept watching, "You're right he is acting different..."

They watched as you waved goodbye to him and walked in the class. The two kept their eyes on their friend as he grinned to himself and placed his hand over his heart, then walked right past them without even noticing they were there. The whole time that grin was plastered on his face.

"Do you think... he likes _____?" Sehun whispered to Kai.

"I think it's more than just liking her... I think he loves her."