Late night conversation.

The Listener, The Observer, The explorer, The story-teller

 

The conversation took an awkward pause after the exchange of names, both the boys wanted to let it continue smoothly but none of them really knew how to make that possible. The two of them looked out at the sea, gentle waves ebbing and crashing right beneath their feet before retrieving, they were enjoying the starts and the moon radiating their shine on the mirrored surface of the sea like silver traces of fire, it was beautiful, but more so was the shear presence of the other to both the young boys. Miyaz was more than pleased with himself for finally catching hold of the mysterious boy, but now that he was here, he tried to form sentences to ask him, things that he wanted to know of him, but every time he looked Taesnin's way, he would lose all sense of mental composure, he would get lost in the scintilla rebounding off the smooth expanses of his cheeks, he would trace the outlines of this sharp nose, curves of his noticeably plump lips and downward casted eyelids, and just forget. 

 

Such were the glances I stole, 

the attempts were to start a meaningful conversation,

but the beauty of the Qatari boy left me tongue tied and dazed, 

steeling my ability to breath, to speak. 

Oh, that incalescent feeling, 

he set my heart ablaze. 

 

Taesnin was even more lip sealed than Miyaz though, he was feeling the euphoria from being right there, right next to the boy he's been thinking of nonstop from weeks, dreaming about this moment, not this in particular, but the time he'd finally be able to say something to him, when he'd know his name, and now that he has, he feels like everything is just right. He's actually come to him, he's noticed him, and he's still here, Miyaz. ''Miyaz'', he accidentally says out loud as he was trying to familiarize himself with the sound of his name, it happened without his thinking, unconsciously, but in that split second that he released what he had done, it was too late. He crocked his head sideways to look at Miyaz and he noticed that the boy had surly heard him and was now looking right back at him. 

 

''I.. aaa, amm… '', Taesnin was at a total loss of words, he did not know what to say, that was a mistake, he was too engrossed in his thoughts that he lost all sense of surrounding. ''I'm sorry sir, I amm'', to apologize was the least he could do to make the atmosphere more awkward than it already was. He looked at Miyaz with a timid expression and sorry eyes, those that had tugged at Miyaz's heart and urged him to do anything that would make that look go away. 

 

''No, please don't apologize, you don't have to be scared of me, you can tell me whatever you were going to say '', Miyaz tried to get Taesnin to tell him something that Taesnin himself did not know of. So Taesnin thought to himself for a little bit and answered in a voice just as small as his. 

 

''It's just that I was wondering how you found me?''

 

''I din't actually, I came here losing all hopes of finding you, especially since you kept running away from me all the time, I thought a little sea breeze would be a good idea.'' 

 

''And I was right here yeah''

 

''Yeah'', Miyaz says quietly and takes a long pause. It creates another one of those unwanted sciences and makes the boys rapidly think of what to say next so that it would go away. 

 

''So, why did you run away from me anyway? Do I know you from somewhere?'' Miyaz was the one to start the ice-breaker despite his usual shy demure, he was just too curious. 

 

''No, I was scared of you, of what you would think.''

 

''But, what were you scared of.. as I said I am not going to hurt you, I never had the intentions of hurting you, you must know that, boy.''

 

''No, it's not really that, I din't think that you would hurt me, physically that is. Or verbally, I am not scared if you in that way.'' 

 

''Then why, I don't understand, Taesnin,'' Miyaz looked at Taesnin with a very confused face and just nearly raised eyebrows, Taesnin was going through an inner turmoil regarding what and how he should tell Miyaz, but mainly because the way his name sounded in Miyaz's voice. 

 

''It's hard to explain, I do not want to say anything I don't mean, I just..'' Taesnin really did not know what to say, he was having a hard time taking all of this inn. 

 

''Alright, I don't want to make you uncomfortable, we don't have to talk about it, we can forget about it, if that's what you please.'' Miyaz did not want to push him, his upbringing had taught him better, he would never force anyone to do something against their will, he had to respect their feelings and comfort level. Considering all of that and Taesnin's confused, a little flushed face was telling him clearly that he did not know what to tell him. 

 

''That would be nice sir, may be I'll tell you about it some other day.'' Miyaz lit up at that reply, not because he'd know about the previous incidents but because there would now be a next time. 

 

''Next time, yes, sure, that would be splendid! Where would I find you?'' He really tried to conceal his glee but the smile was hardly hidden, maybe his lips did not curve as evidence, but his eyes were dazzling, a-glimmer with interest. 

 

''Oh, I.. I guess by the park, may be the same spot you saw me for the first time'', he was a little taken aback by Miyaz's reaction, pleasantly of course. He wasn't too sure about his own whereabouts for the days to come with work and all that, but the need to meet Miyaz again was beyond prominent. 

 

''Yes, yes for sure, I assure you I'll be there waiting for you all day.'' The eagerness in his tone was making Taesnin's heart flutter, he was just as excited about this as Miyaz was expressing to be. 

 

''But you don't have to wait for me all day, I will have work in the morning so I'll most probably be going there only post lunch, what will you busy yourself with until then?'' Taesnin was concerned for the elder, he did not want him to wait just for him, spending all day awaiting his arrival, that was a little too much. 

 

''Do not worry about me, I've made three young friends that come visit me almost every time I am there, I too enjoy telling them my stories, so I don't mind at all.'' It was Taesnin's turn to light up this time round, mentions of stories got him more than thrilled about the arranged afternoon meeting. Just may be he can join the kids he knew Miyaz was referring to and have some stories recited to him, maybe he can send the kids away and make him the only audience, that would be nice he thinks,

 

''That would be nice,'' and says. 

 

''What would be? You'll come meet me tomorrow then?'', that was the second time he's done that today, he really should stop thinking about situational things and concentrate on the conversation at hand. 

 

''Yes, I will come meet you tomorrow,'' he concluded with a content smile, he was happy how the day had come to an end and personally wouldn't have been able to think of a better way to meet the boy, as a matter of fact, he probably wouldn't muster up the courage to approach him, so this, destiny and fate bringing them together, a binding force between the two boys working in both of their favors under the watchful eyes of the blinking starts was surly welcomed. 

 

Taesnin watched as Miyaz got up from his seated position was thanked Taesnin for allowing him his time and company. Taesnin cordially accepted his regards and watched his tall frame fading into the midnight comfort along with nubivagant clouds hovering low, vaguely weaving them together for the rest of the night. 

 

Late at night, 

When I should be asleep

Into my heart

you quietly creep. 

 

I walk away and ponder, 

How could it be?

The stars and seas have warped my senses

affected my thoughts

and how I place them upon this page. 

There is too much beauty around me, 

or maybe it's just you. 

 

You must have stumbled, 

Across the sea, 

I know this newly made friendship

could mean so much more, 

But it's up to you to open the door. 

 

I can't even write a decent poem Taesnin, and this was just our first meeting, why does he have such a great effect on me?….