Please Don't Run Again

The Listener, The Observer, The explorer, The story-teller

 

I had been captivated in that one instance. I do not know who he was, what he was doing, if he was potentially harmful or just curious, no mater all of that, I was drawn to him instantly. I do not think it really was because of his appearance, I say so because, one, I did not really get a good look at him, and two because it's the way he looked at me that had me gripped, not his looks. The depth in his eyes, the fear, the shock, the feeling of being so completely overwhelmed that he could not hold his gaze for long, thats what had me hooked. This is a lot to say for someone that I've seen for merely a few seconds, but that just goes to show the intensity of his allure, his mystery. Who was he? What did he want? If he did want something, why did he run?

 

I've been thinking about him ever since the incident took place, I try hard to remember his face so that I recognize him if I see him again, I keep searching for him everywhere. It's hard to explain the extends of the influence he's had on my thoughts but i'll try, for example, I'm here in a busy food-street by the market place, there are people by the hundreds and along with them there should be distractions, like scents and visuals, colourful foods that looked appetizing and smelled mouth-wateringly dilicious. The people were just as interesting, the way they dressed, the way they interacted, all of it was enough distraction of anyone who was not a native Qatari, like myself. Yet, here I am, solely walking through these vibrant streets with one and only aim in mind, to find the boy, find the boy! I scan all the faces in hopes of finding his, of finding those eyes, but I've not been as successful as I had would have liked. I even go back to the park every single day, same spot, same time, wishing that just maybe he'd return to find me.

 

~*~

 

''I am not going to the park again, do not even suggest that.'' Taesnin was walking through the food-street with Azam, for obvious reasons, it was the food-street. The boys would live here if they could, but they have homes like most decent people and need to return to their respective families after spending wholesome amount of money on each of there preferred delicacies. Taesnin planned to walk through the street instead of going in the direction of the Great-Park; he's been doing his best to stay away from it actually. His affection for the boy has not diminished, in fact just the opposite, he thinks that he's probably fallen for him all over again, but he's also decided that he's defiantly not ready to speak to him yet. He is always so intimidated by his presence that he cannot bring himself to go anyway near the locations he'd first locked eyes with the boy. He has conveniently presumed that he's definitely not good enough for him, nor is he smart or handsome enough to catch the boys attention out of the many millions of people that he would have probably come across in his life. He has thought about it quiet a lot recently, he feels that if he would have had the opportunity of educating himself, he'd at least have that knowledge to back himself with, all of the learnings would have most surly helped him his situations and caused him to be far more confident and make up for his inexperience in travel. But unfortunately, he was unable to be schooled, and thus he decided to keep his distance. 

 

''I never suggested that you go to the park, all I'm saying is that you should probably try speak to him instead of hiding in crowds of people'', Azam speaks up a little loudly over the noise of the people all around. 

 

''I am not hiding, I'm just hungry''

 

''You haven't even eaten anything so don't even try that excuse with me, I know for a fact that the detour today was because of your determined efforts to avoid the boy and not for baklava. What happened to your super stalker skills, what happened to your unending admiration for him?''

 

Taesnin gives him a stern look and thinks before saying anything, he knows that Azam isn't stupid and lying to him just does not work, he knows him too well for that. ''Look, I still like him, and I still respect him, adore him, I want to get to know him, I want to speak to him and if I try hard enough then I can probably even find him, it's just that I do not think the time is right just yet.''

 

''But why not! Let me tell you one thing Taesnin, you better start thinking of when you will finally be able to speak to him because the fact still remains that he's not from here and so he's going to go back to where ever he came from. If you keep whiling away your time trying to find the more idealistic situation to break the ice then you might just be too late.'' 

 

A wave of horror ran though Taesnin's body, he hadn't thought of that and felt stupid for overlooking such a important fact. His mind instantly started making up situations where he'd roam the town finding the boy for years and he'd never see him because he's gone, or when he finally wants to speak to him, he see's his ship sailing away, Taesnin is scared of everything, scared of speaking to the boy, horrified that the boy can go back any time and he wouldn't even know, terrified that he'd never find someone like him and he'll just be sad at depressed drowning in his tears for the rest of his life. He fell in deep thought and was brought back to reality with a slight shake of on his shoulders. 

 

''Trust me, don't think too much and go for it''

 

''I'm scared Azam, I want to, but I am scared''

 

''Okay give me a date, a day, when are you going to be ready, I do not want to see you so lost and dazed all the time, I miss the old you, this guys has come along and ruined all the fun for us,'' Azam seems to have lighten the mood a little bit by saying that and he's glad to see Taesnin crack a smile after so many days. 

 

''Fine, i'll give a day, ammm, this Sunday. This sunday morning.'' 

 

''You're talking like you have an appointment with him, like you're going to have a serious talk with your self over the week and memorize lines to speak to him, and I just think you're going insane day by day.''

 

''I have no appointment, I'm just saying that because you'', Taesnin abruptly stopped mid-sentense as he saw the very man he's come to this street to avoid. He saw his side profile and it took him less than a second to realize who it was, he caught hold of Azam's arm and slowly started baking up. Azam followed his gaze but could not see what Taesnin saw because of the people all around, and so was totally lost as to what was happening. Taesnin on the other hand had his sight set on the boy's face, not once did he look away. There was a splitting feeling of wanting to stay there and watch him all day, he had missed his face so much, and then the fear of having to speak to him, having to show himself and to interact ebbed inside of him and he knew his decision of backing up was right. He kept looking at him, almost as if waiting for him to do something, maybe look the other way and walk away, or maybe, just maybe, for him to look at Taesnin. He could not decide what he wanted him to do, but what he did was obviously not in his hand. He watched the boy, search for someone, his eyes looked concentrated, his face was scrunched up unlike usual and he seemed tensed. He watched the boy as he scanned the crowd with hawk like eyes, and his heart stopped with those eyes fell on him. They looked at each other but this time it was very unlike the last time, Taesnin did not wait even for a second, he was already planning on running, he was already backing up, and so when finally what he was scared of happening happened, he did not wait for his heart to start beating again, he locked his arms with Azam, and together they ran. 

 

Little did he know that the boy was quick to recognize him as well, he might have thought twice if he had seen his side face or so, but no, he had looked him straight in the eye, much like before, and he knew that if he saw those eyes again, he would certainly know it was him. He darted right behind the pair, he followed them through and through the food-street and halfway through the market, when suddenly he lost them. They were right in front of him, both of them, even though it was crowed, he had made sure to track them till he caught up, unfortunately he wasn't successful as the pair was out of sight. He is amazed as to where they went because they were right there damnit, and now the're gone. 

~*~

 

Taesnin knew he wanted to clear his mind, he explained everything that just happened to Azam and told him that he needed to be alone for a bit. He had to think about what he was going to do about all of this and how he was going to handle encounters like these in the future. Its evening, he had told his father he would be out till late as he needed some space to himself. He headed to the dock because  the harbor was the only place he could find himself at ease. He walked up to a small pier and sat down slowly. There was thick wooden pole that bolted the pier up and Taesnin leaned against it. He look out at the remnants of the sun setting and the salty lips of the waves kissing the sand roughly. He watched as the sun dipped down even further, the slumbering heap of sea becoming a-glow like melted platinum. The last few lances of light were casted down in colours ranging from fiery red to deep purple before it was all over. The night was here and the sky looked like a black, velvet ceiling sprinkled with bejeweled grains of sand allowed to sparkle in silence. Taesnin thinks the beauty of nature is simple and unchanging, there are variations everyday, the sky will paint infinite shades of colors as the sun sets, and he clouds will forever change shapes opening windows to creative imagination, yet the integrity of the magical order that still remained the same baffles him every time. How does the tide retreat at the same time everyday, why are the starts always in the same direction, same spots. He thought to himself of various such things and slowly felt himself being more and more at ease, he was starting to look at his situation with a more mature outlook. He knew how he felt for the boy, but he also gave thought to the dilemma that remained. He decided that he just had to work on his confidence and self-esteem. Once he was ready to speak with him, everything will easily fall in place. He felt good about the plan and thought that the day he would speak to his secret crush would probably not be so far away if he tried hard. 

 

Little did he know that he was way off, he though about what he would speak to him or when it would happen and did not notice the very boy he was thinking about slowly approaching him from behind. The boy walked up to him silently and hesitated before he made any further approach.

 

He himself thought that the harbor was relaxing and a good place to unwind after such an eventful day, thus he got there a little before he sunset so that he could see the sneery that it creates. Once he got there though, he saw a boy sitting on the spot that he's usually at and got a little bit disappointed. He stayed near the pier regardless and stole glances at the boy just out of curiosity, one of those glances landed on the boys face and  eyes darted out. He gasped silently as he couldn't believe that he's finally, finally, found him. The sunset was far forgotten as he was completely inthralled by the boy, the gold from the setting sun made the boy glow, his hair took on a totally different colour an his skin was radiant. Once the sun had set, he couldn't resist anymore, he walked up to him slowly as he did not want to boy to be scared. He was close enough to finally speak to the boy and so he gently tapped on his shoulder. 

 

Taesnin turned his head to address the person behind him and slowly looked up to see the intruders face. If I say he was in shock then that would be an understatement, he was totally dumbfounded by seeing the very boy he was thinking about standing less that a foot from him. He looked so small sitting under him like this that he quickly got up and started preparing himself for whatever was to come, his fear-stricken expression was unchanging. He was breathing heavily and his body seemed numb.

 

''Please do not run again,'' the boy said with a deep voice, full of vim. Just that one sentence sent shudders down his spine, he was reacting to all of this so involuntarily, yet somehow he was totally okay with everything. They were close enough for Taesnin to smell the boy's earthy scent and he instantly decided that it's the most beckoning fragrance he's every sensed till today. 

 

He nodded a little at the boy's words after a few seconds that took him to take in the situation and all of the boy himself. He got himself to look up at his face and as they locked eyes for the second time today, he though he really did not want anything more from the world, everything right here was enough. His eyes were almond shaped, soft around the corners but deep and mesmerizing. Taesnin was so completely lost in those eyes, he did not know that the boy might find it awkward, or feel like he should say something to him, give him an explanation, none of that,  all he wanted to do was drown in the site of deep chocolate brown orbs and never retrieve to reality. 

 

The boy cleared his throat in hopes of making the other say something, but his efforts were not rewarded. Taesnin continue to dote at the boys face with unfazed amazement, he was totally drawn in by his beauty and could not seem to pull himself back. 

 

''What's your name boy?'' He asked thinking that he might have to initiate the conversation again. Taesnin was momentarily jolted out of his daze and felt the nut and bolts on his head spinning. He is asking for name, name Taesnin, say the name, your name, say it, it's taesnin. ''Taesnin, m-my name is Taesnin''. The taller boy seemed accomplished, at least he got him to speak, this was a start, this wasn't too bad, he thought. 

 

''What is your name, sir?'' Taesnin hesitated to ask him at first, but then thought it's either now or never, he din't know what to call him, he clearly looked older and just settled with sir, safe and formal. 

 

''Miyaz.'' 

 

___________

 

A/N:So 2min is finally interacting. If you guys find this a little slow then do tell me, I myself think that I should speed it up but then I think about practical situations where when one likes someone it really is hard for them to just go and talk to them. I'm sure most of you know the feeling I am talking about, the fear of rejection and all that. Anyway, Tae has nothing to wory about, he's god Miyaz on his fingertips from just one look, keke. 

Also, I see new suscribers, thankyou so much for supporting my fic, tell me if there is anything that needs betterment and please do comment, they make me very happy!