Oasis or a Mirage?

The Listener, The Observer, The explorer, The story-teller

 

 

After continuously walking for numerous days and exerting themselves to the very limit, the father and son pair reached the border of Arabia and stood on the edges of their new town, Feyh, or more commonly now known as Morocco.

Both of them approached the bustling town with slight hesitation. This was the first time they had seen people after they left from their village, first time they had seen camels and goats, first time they that felt the existence of life after embarking their journey through the barren Qatari desert. They heaved a sigh of contentment just by the sight of an oasis and prayed to Allah that it wasn't just a mirage. After all that they had gone through from the past months, having to deal with another sandstorm or a town that was just a fragment of their imagination would surely exhaust whatever little energy they had left.

 

"This is it son, I'm sorry you had to suffer through all of that with me. I’m sure if your mom was here she would have taken better care of you" Mohammed said with a heavy voice. Although he was talking to his son, his gaze was fixed at the distanced habitation. He kneeled down and picked up a fistful of sand to let it run through his fingers, he was familiarizing himself with the new land, the new surrounding and possible new opportunities.

 

All this while Taesnin was looking at it father with big round eyes. He was upset that his dad blamed himself for all of this, it was none of their faults to begin with. His mother had passed away when he was young because of an incurable illness and he had hardly seen her around. His father was everything to him and seeing him this upset made him sad.

 

"It is alright father, nothing was in your hands. I am glad that we have finished the hard part of the journey and now we can explore something new!" Taesnin tried to restore whatever little motivation he could summon up for his father and gave him a small smile.

 

Taesnin was a very optimistic boy and nothing could faze him, he knew that things were not going to be easy in this foreign land but he could not let his worries show, he had to be strong for his father, and for himself.

 

With that thought in mind, both of them continued further inland.

 

~*~

 

After overcoming their immediate requirements of food, water and medicine, the two of them really started to take in their surrounding. They were walking through the ports of Morocco collecting information about the new place and people. They instantly realized that even though they were quite far away from their homeland, the language spoken here was the same as that spoken back home. However, the they way they spoke it was different, the accent was clearly foreign and the mannerisms were truly Moroccan.

 

Mohammed was busy trying to figure the market out, the currency (which he noticed also remained the same) and the trading scene. He wanted to jump in the opportunity of selling his treasures and earn enough to have a decent home and a two time meal’s worth of income as soon as he could. As he was busy thinking and being a businessman, Taesnin was overwhelmed with everything that this new town brought with it. He quickly caught on to where they were as they had received guests from his very place just four months ago.

 

He saw the large glass-painted hanging lamps in turquoise, aquamarine, pearlescent sky blue and other rich persian shades, all with a unique design yet sharing the same style of work. He recognized the art on the lamps as being the same work that embellished some small glass saucers that the Moroccan guests has left behind. He tried to think hard about everything he had noticed about them back then and took in consideration all of that information for their future stay here.

 

After futher observance, he was not only taken aback by all things new, but he was astounded by how much more alive this town was compared to his, the hustle and bustle of fishermen loudly advertizing their catch, traders trying to get a good bargain, women and children excited to be out by the port and lastly the sailors working hard to anchor their ships safely on the deck, all was recorded by curious Taesnin. He stuck to his father’s side as Mohammed walked in and out of a few stalls, spoke to a few people and even managed to make his first sell.

 

Taesnin was physically by Muhammad but all of his attention was drawn to the mid day activities. He smiled to himself thinking about just how fun his life would now be, especially since his worries about not knowing the language or not liking the people was drawn away. Things were starting to look up for young Taesnin as he anxiously thought about his future here.

 

 

~*~

 

A/N: Hey guys, I am so glad for all the support i've been recieving for this fic, I will make sure to live up to all the expectations. The 2min will be trust me on that, our hero Choi will soon be making his entry in Tae's life, yeye.

 

The next update will be there soon but I am travelling abroad till the 15th so idk if i'll have the time to write. However, do stick around to see if anything is up because i am quiet unsure about when I will be uploading anything myself. thanks again, Cheers!