Crossing the boundaries (FINAL CHAPTER)

Her flaws

"Babe, I gotta get some groceries and I'll come back, yeah?" Daniel said as he left a kiss upon Minyoung's cheek. Minyoung blushed slightly and nodded. "Be careful and no need to spend too much. My parents just restocked the things yesterday. Oh, and don't forget my favourite yoghurt~ okay?" Minyoung raised her brows teasingly. "Hmm...Berry flavour?" Minyoung gave Daniel a mocking look and smiled sweetly. "You got that right! Hehehe."

"Gosh, thought I was wrong for a second there. I'll be right back. Don't miss me." Daniel teased and Minyoung made a face. "As if! Go now my tummy is rumblingggg. Call me if anything crops up, okay?" Minyoung said as she placed a lingering kiss on Daniel's forehead. "Yeah okay." 

"I'll be waiting for you. Be fast or else." Daniel said harshly on the phone as he ended the call. Daniel had planned to meet Kangjun on his way to the market because he knew he had to settle this once and for all. He had to know who had planned to kill Minyoung because it was something regarding his loved one. And Daniel made sure to not miss a chance to find out who made Minyoung like this. She used to be a lively, happy go-lucky girl, loved by many. And then suddenly something bad happened to her. Was'nt it too much of a coincidence? Someone must've plotted something against Minyoung. That someone must've not liked Minyoung. Jealousy, maybe.

"Sorry I'm late, so...what's up?" Kangjun took a seat nonchalantly and ordered a drink for himself.  Daniel gaped at how ignorant Kangjun was acting around him. What's up? Really? "Tell me, Kangjun. I need to know. I have to know!" Daniel begged and he could'nt help but to tear up a little bit. It was too unfair for all of this to happen so suddenly!

"Bro, listen. I want to tell you but the thing is...there is nothing to tell because I have nothing got to do with this! I swear! I mean, it was true that I broke up with Minyoung because she was all crippled and useless but I have nothing got to do with the accident!" Kangjun raised up his hands, surrendering. 

"What did you say? Crippled and useless? Say that again if you dare." Daniel asked, gritting his teeth. Useless arsehole! HOW DARE HE?! "I-I'm sorry. I did'nt mean that-" "What the do you mean you did'nt mean to, huh? Call Hani over. It's either that, or I'm coming over to her, now." Daniel ordered and Kangjun instantly dialled Hani. 

"She said to come over." Kangjun nervously informed. "Let's go then." 

-----

"You have something got to do with it, right?" Daniel asked the moment he entered Hani's house. He stomped his way in with hasty steps, and took a seat before he was allowed to. "Answer me."

Hani walked towards Daniel and took a seat calmly. She had to act calm and undisturbed because she knew if she were to just burst out like that when Daniel too, was already at the verge of unleashing his beast inside, then everything would turn out a mess without anything getting solved.

"You need to hear me out, Daniel. Without shoutng or getting angry." Hani said bravely, although she knows that is very unlikely to happen. Daniel locked his hands together to control his temper. He looked at Hani as if he were about to pounce onto her but Daniel had to stay placid. His brows were furrowed and his face was contorted into so much unhappiness but he decided to calm his nerves for a while. 

"Okay. Daniel, I never thought that I would dislike Minyoung. I mean, I loved her when she first came into our group, I really do! She was lovely, kind, sweet and matured. Although she was a little quiet at times, I took it as she is maybe a little shy around new people. And I knew that she would open up soon to us cause we'll be spending most of our times with her since we're in a band. And Kangjun is also in the same company as ours, so that made it harder. I fell for Kangjun and we had a little affair for a while until Minyoung found out, we broke up for a while. But then Minyoung got into an accident and we got back together because Minyoung has....changed.

Kangjun said we could get back together because he did'nt want to continue his relationship with her. But regarding Minyoung's accident, I'm not pretty sure. It definitely was'nt me Daniel, really. I would never resort to that no matter how much I hate her because that is low! I can guess who though, but I'm not sure. They looked really nice at first and I thought Minyoung was their best friend. But I can't stop feeling like they had a motive to get near Minyoung."

Daniel's brows furrowed. "Who is this 'they'?"

"I think its Jiyeon and Ahreum." 

"Where are they now?"

"Practicing, maybe." 

"Let's go. We need to settle this now."

-----

"Ahreum and Jiyeon, meet me outside, now." Daniel asked sternly as he stepped outside. 

Ahreum and Jiyeon who was practicing with beads of visible sweat on their clothes and foreheads turned around. They raised their brows at each other before mumbling to each other nervously. "Oh my. Daniel is here! What are we gonna do?! Do you think he found out already?" Ahreum whispered harshly to Jiyeon as she started to tremble. 

Jiyeon stayed quiet. Her face started to loose it's colour as she stood there, unmoved. "I told you they were going to find out soon! It's all your fault! I told you it was better we lay Minyoung off! We're dead, Jiyeon!" Ahreum placed her hands on her face, her brows furrowed evidently.

"Shut up, Ahreum! What we did can't be undone! Whatever he'll ask us later, we'll just say we don't know. Got it?!" Jiyeon said as she grabbed Ahreum's wrists with so much force, it turned red for a while.

"Hey! Why are you so slow?! Come here, now!" Daniel peeked his head in as he shouted loudly, catching attention from the rest of the members.

"Stick to our plan." Jiyeon whispered as she closed her eyes for a moment.

"Now, tell me where the two of you were on the day Minyoung got into an accident?" Daniel  asked, his face serious and humorless. 

Ahreum hid her trembling hands behind her back as she her dried lips. "We were...we were practicing. We were getting ready for our upcoming comeback. Why?" 

Daniel looked at Ahreum strictly before he eyed Jiyeon. "How about you, Jiyeon?" 

"Yeah, we were practicing. Why, is there something wrong?" 

"Don't lie." 

"No. You guys were'nt in the practicing room that day. It was only me, Hana, Yeonjae and Eunhae. Minyoung said she could'nt attend that day cause she had school. Remember?" Hani said as she squinted her eyes at the two girls in front of her.

"No, we went to the ladies. Right, Ahreum?" 

"Oh? Ahh...yes."

"Well, okay then, since you said so. Then, may I ask if the two of you have anything against Minyoung before this?" Daniel asked straightforwardly. 

"No. All of us were close with Minyoung. We were like sisters." Ahreum said calmly although her hands started sweating already. 

Daniel eyed the two of them curiously. "Well okay then. I'm sorry for doubting the two of you. Sorry for taking your time. You may continue your practice." Daniel turned to Hani and said "I guess we'll have to search through the CCTV. I'm sure we could find the culprit through that. Thanks for your help girls. If you happen to know who did this to Minyoung, do tell me." Daniel said as he looked at both Ahreum and Jiyeon.

"Sure." 

"Let's go to University of Seoul Arts!" 

-----

"Did you see how they were trembling? I assure you, they were the ones who did it!" Hani bursted once they got out. Daniel rubbed his chin while his other hand fumbled with his phone. It was clear as water that Ahreum and Jiyeon was hiding something. They were trembling prominently!

"I know, I saw it too. It's okay. We need to find clear evidence first, then if we have confirmed that it was them, then that's when we'll make a police report. For now, get someone to look after them, in case they have something planned under their sleeves." Daniel said in a serious tone, making both Kangjun and Hani shudder.

Guys, Daniel is planning to check the CCTV soon. I need you guys to go out of town, now! We don't have time. I'll only give you 30 minutes to get out as we distract him. I'll text you again after we're done. 

Hani sent the text to Ahreum, signaling the start of their plan. 

"Have you sent it?" Kangjun whispered to Hani. "Yes. Have you prepared the handcuffs? Oh! You've informed the officer to...throw the CCTV footage from last 3 months, right?" Hani whispered as she got closer to Kangjun, aware that Daniel was ahead of them and that they should never let him know about their original plan.

"Yes baby, it's settled.  Don't worry. We'll get through this together, alright?" Kangjun smirked as he gave a quick peck on Hani's lips, just in time before Daniel turned around. "Okay guys, come on."

"Officer, may I get the footage on the 3rd of March? The front school camera." Daniel asked, as he eyed the 60 year old officer. "I need it as I'm doing a small investigation. I hope you can cooperate."

"Sure, come here." The officer, known as Mr Kang said as he led the 3  youngsters to the CCTV room. "You may sit right...here." Mr Kang led Daniel to the seat that was placed near the emergency exit door. 

"Alright. What are you specifically looking for? Was there an accident that occured during that time or?" Mrs Kang asked as he started rummaging through the files. 

"Yes, an accident occured. If you may-" 

Click.

"What the -"

"Daniel, I'm sorry to do this to you but I feel that it's a must-"

"Release me right now! What-"

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking-"

"I don't ing care! Release me or I'll-"

"What? Call the police? Oh god. That is sooo last year, Choi Daniel. I think you should stop doing this. Minyoung does'nt even care anymore. Why are you struggling to find the culprit when it's all over? You are just wasting your time trying to investigate this."

"No! Listen, I don't ing know what problem you have against her to the point that you have to do this! Do you know that you're all so ing low to do this? What? Jealously? Is that your reason? Well, you got what you want. Minyoung is not like what she used to be anymore and that is all thanks to you bunch of useless arseholes who only think of yourselves! Why are you doing this? It's too damn low!"

"Shut up! Don't you ing think that your Minyoung is so pure, Daniel! She did something wrong! We felt like doing this was a need because she deserved it!"

"What? What did she do?"

"No. I'm not telling you. Ever! It's not worth talking about anyway! It's over! Now, if you want me to release you, you better stop investigating this . And we'll stop bothering you. However, if you plan to continue investigating, you may. But take note that Minyoung is not going to live that long."

"What the is your problem?! You need to tell me what she did so I can change it! Tell me!" Daniel shouted as he tried to unlock the handcuffs but to no avail.

"Nothing can change what had happened because....she killed my mother! It was a long time ago. She...Minyoung was small and my mother had promised to pick me up from school when Minyoung crossed the road and my mom tried to dodge her but she ended up dying! Now you understand! I need to kill her!"

"No. If you kill her you'll go to jail!"

"I don't give a . I want her dead."

"No. Stop. It's wrong! Everything's wrong!"

"No! You letting Minyoung live is wrong! She should've died a long time ago! Do you know how much I want her dead? I need to avenge my mom!"

"You mother never wanted you to avenge anyone! She would be disappointed knowing that her daughter is going to be a murderer! Do you want that, huh?! It's just what you're feeling, Hani! It won't bring you any good but guilt! You'll only feel satisfied for a while and when you start taking in the fact, you can't get away because everything has been done and there is no way that you can undo it."

"Do you know how much I suffered? Do you?! You know nothing Daniel. Not even a single thing."

"I know how it feels, Hani. My parents left me too! Both! I thought I would never get on with life because there was no hope, no reason to live anymore. But I kept going! I kept living! And you need to do that too Hani. It's what makes you a person."

"I...I...can't...It's too painful..."

"It is. But you are strong,  Hani. I know it. Everyone knows it. Just...let it go. Enjoy life and forget about the past and start anew. I swear you are going to live happier. And I promise you, you will."

Hani looked at Daniel with tears in her eyes. She remembered her mother's scent, her motherly scent, her beautiful brown eyes that never failed to look at her with love, her smile that never failed to brighten her day and those hugs that never failed to hug her and make her feel like home. She remembered her mother's words...

"When something bad happens to you, darling, never make it your weakness to pull you down. You are a strong girl, and I know that no matter what happens to you, you will be able to get through it with ease because I love you. Remember that, my child. I love you no matter what happens."

That moment, Hani fainted.

-----

"Are you okay? Hmm?" Kangjun caressed Hani's hair soothingly. Hani squinted her eyes the moment she opened them, not used to the light illuminating the room.

"W-where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, Hani. You were out for a night. Come here." Kangjun said as he passed Hani a glass of water, just what she needed after a day of shouting.

"Kangjun...where's Daniel? And....Minyoung?" 

"We're here." Daniel smiled as he pushed Minyoung's wheelchair in. Minyoung gave Hani a small smile, the smile that reminded her of home. "You okay, Hani?"

"Yeah...I'm fine. Thank you for visiting, Minyoung. And...I'm...sorry." Hani said as she let a tear slip by. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Everything's fine, Hani. I'll make sure nothing happens to you. And I, am sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you. I'll take care of you, alright?" 

"Wow, looks like someone's ready to be a mother."

"What? No way. I'm responsible of your well-being, Hani. And please let me take care of you for as long as I shall live."

"Thank you, Minyoung."

-----

 

Okay guys, firstly, don't kill me. Hahaha I am so sorry for the ending of this story. It's kinda rushed and blergh and not everything was explained fully. And it's the last chapter already!

 

Thank you for reading this fic guys, it means ALOT to me and guys, you guys are the best! I'm crying, can't you see? Hehehe

 

Anyway, it's completed! MUAHHHHH! :*

 

XOXO,

Sung EunJae