Useless

Her flaws

"W-what?" Daniel stepped back. His hands were trembling. He knew Minyoung was going to ask that sooner or later but he did'nt know it was THIS soon. What was he supposed to do? Tell her straight to the face that she's amputated? And that she's never going to be able to dance or walk again? No thanks. Over his dead body. He'd rather get shot than tell her that and hear her cry endlessly. She's got a future ahead of her and how the hell was he going to break this news to her? Oh if only it was'nt Minyoung. 

 

"I- my legs, Daniel. I can't really feel them. Is it perhaps because of the antibiotic that they had given me?" Minyoung asked as she stayed in her spot, her eyes glued to Daniel's features. Daniel nodded slowly. "Uh- yeah, definitely. Of course. Don't worry. You'll feel it for a day or two. It'll get better in time. I'll get going then." Daniel stuttered on his words and he mentally slapped himself for being a little too obvius on that as he opened the door and shut it close. 

 

He took a deep breath as he tried to calm him nerves. Beads of sweat formed at the corner of his forhead as he felt himself get hot over the sudden pressure. That was definitely close. He thought hard then. Soon the day was going to end and he has yet to come up with an excuse. He needs one, fast. He walked his way to the doctor but decided to talk more about Minyoung's condition before he goes back to her. He felt unbelievably useless. The girl he loves was clueless of her own condition and he could'nt do anything to help her. 

 

"Doctor, I'm really worried about Minyoung's condition. Is there anything useful that I could do to help her, in a way? Do I have to take any precautions as I take care of her? Is there any way that she could, walk again?" Daniel asked as he felt guilty all over again. That word 'can', really scares him to the guts. He knows it's impossible. But like everyone says, 'nothing is impossible'. And Daniel knew that he had to hold on to that and hope for a miracle to happen. 

 

"Hmm, in miss Minyoung's case, it's hard to tell. Apparently, miss Minyoung's legs got hit directly, and then her head. Thankfully her head was'nt really affected as she was able to cushion it with her hands. But then again, her legs gave way easily and that was the reason she was'nt able to even stand, because they were clearly broken.

 

Her bones are affected, and she lost a copious amount of blood. Even if we were to give her sufficient amount of blood, we are'nt able to put the bone back together again. You see young man, some things are just bound to happen and there's nothing you could do about it. That's when you have to face it. Face the challenge and live with it, fighting it no matter how hard it gets. 

 

I know you care alot about miss Minyoung and you feel like you're useless because you won't be able to help her, no matter how much it hurts. I know miss Minyoung has a lot of potential and I'm more than sure that she's able to handle the challenge God has given her. Miss Minyoung's a strong girl, I could see it. She woke up early, right? That shows how fast she was able to recover from the big blow she received. I'm sure she's able to understand the fact that she's one of the chosen ones that are challenged. And she's definitely blessed to have a family and boyfriend that cares so much for her." 

 

Daniel kept quiet. The doctor was right. This is a challenge that Minyoung alone could overcome. This was definitely one big bad news for everyone. But don't just look on the outside. Try to look on the inside. Minyoung is definitely a strong girl that has worked up to her capabilities and she could do more than that even. Daniel was more than confident that Minyoung is able to overcome this challenge. And he's going to promise her that he's going to be there whenever she needs him. Wherever she is. 

 

-----

 

"So, what did the doctor say?" Minyoung asked as the doctor left Daniel alone with Minyoung. "I'm okay, right? When can I feel my legs again? Daniel..Daniel, my legs. They're gone, are'nt they?" 

 

Daniel froze in his seat. How the hell did she find out? Daniel turned to Minyoung, showing a placid front but he was actually mocking profanities under his breath. "What are you talking about, Minyoung? Your legs are just, fine." Daniel inhaled air for a good long 6 seconds. This was it. He's going to tell her everything. He was going to face his fear and Minyoung was going to face reality. 

 

"Minyoung, listen. I need you to be calm to whatever I'm going to tell you. It's crazy hell I tell you, but then again, you'll have to move on and accept reality. Everything is planned, and we, as humans, have to face it without further ado and complains. I apologise in advance but remember that I'll be with you, whenever. I'll stay with you through it all. I'm saying this because I need you to trust me. Hmm?" Daniel said as he looked into her eyes. Her eyes was filled with curiosity, anxiety, interest and Daniel avoided her gaze. 

 

"Are you going somewhere? Is that it? Why are you giving me this..this long emotional speech? Am I okay, Daniel? Am I?!" Minyoung shouted as she pulled open her blanket that covered her legs. "What the hell is this Daniel? What happened to my legs?! Give it back! Give it back Daniel! Can't you hear me? I said give it back! !" Minyoung cried her eyes out as she secured her hands on Daniel's collar and pulled it resolutely. She knew. 

 

Daniel let her cry. She had the right to. Who would'nt freak out after knowing that their legs are gone the next day? "Daniel, how did this happen? I could'nt remember how it got like this. Please..please tell me that this is just a nightmare. I...I..this means that I can't continue my dream on being a singer, right? Right?" Minyoung said in between sobs as she clutched lightly on Daniel's sweater, burying her head on his hard chest, crying to no end. 

 

Daniel sighed. He did'nt know it could be this hard. It was the hardest thing he had ever faced in his life, for now. "Minyoung...no one wanted it to happen. I told you, did'nt I? It's a challenge that you'll have to face alone. But don't worry. I promise you that I, Choi Daniel, will protect you for the rest of my life. Daniel Choi is ready for duty!" Daniel playfully saluted as he earned a hearty giggle from Minyoung. He was falling harder for her each day. And he could'nt help but to smile with her as well. 

 

-----

 

"Minyoungie! How have you been doing? Good? How's your leg? It's fine, right? Here, let me take a look at it." Kangjun cheered as he skipped his way towards Minyoung's bed. Kangjun literally froze at his spot. Daniel gasped as he snatched the grip Kangjun was holding and resumed covering it, his hands trembling while he's at it. What the hell is wrong with him today? 

 

"Minyoung you- your legs, they...where...where did- where did they...go?" Kangjun managed to finish his sentence as he sat flat on the ground due to the sudden shock. Minyoung looked at Kangjun, tugging her fringe at the back of her ear. Minyoung knew that Kangjun was beyond shocked over the matter. Everyone was. She has'nt clearly learned the fact that she had lost both her legs, and that she'll have to use the wheelchair for the rest of her life. 

 

But it was'nt like she asked for it. It was, afterall, fate. Fate is the only thing that no one can change. It's settled, fixed, unalterable, immovable. And we as humans, will have to accept it sooner or later and live with it and accept reality. The most important thing is, to move on. Kangjun clearly looked disgusted. He inched himself away from Minyoung, and sat at the corner of the room, like a madmen. 

 

He was muttering words that no one could hear, and it looked as if his soul had all been drained out of his body. He would glance towards Minyoung once in a while, that queasy look never leaving his face. "Minyoung you're...you're kidding right? Tell me this is all just crap! You have legs, don't you? Huh?!" Kangjun shouted once again, his voice ringing louder in Minyoung's head. She felt, lost and obsolete. 

 

"Why Kangjun? Why? Why are you acting like you just saw a ghost? Are you perhaps, embarrassed of me? Kangjun! Look at me! Look at me and tell me if you're going to stay here with me. Even when I'm legless, like this." Minyoung said those words like a train. She was confident. The look on Kangjun's face said it all. If he truly loved Minyoung, he would say she's beautiful even after she's 'not that much of use'. 

 

Kangjun stood up from his trance and walked closer. Daniel watched intently at the scene infront of him. He knew he was in no place to be in the same room while Minyoung and Kangjun both settle with their own problems. "I'd- I'd better get going. You guys talk with each other first while I go and get-" "No. Stay, Daniel. I want you to listen to every word Kangjun has to say to me. A witness." Minyoung ordered. 

 

"But Minyoung-" "No buts. Just sit." Minyoung said sternly as she turned back to face Kangjun who was looking at her with a dismayed glare. "Why Kangjun? Answer me now. I"m all ears." Minyoung said contemptuously as she turned her gaze on the wall, not sparing a glance at the latter. "Minyoung, Lee Minyoung. I- let's break up." Kangjun said as Minyoung turned to look at Kangjun, outlandished. 

 

"What?" Minyoung managed to speak. "You're breaking up with me because of this? Kangjun you're, you're unbelievable!! Get out of here! Now!" Minyoung shouted at the top of her lungs as she clutched the blankets at her sides robustly. She was more than mad, as she knew the exact reason why he was doing this. With that, Minyoung never saw Kangjun, ever again. 

 

He was out of her life. 

 

Finally.

 

 

---------------------------------------

Alright my lovely readers. There's something that I need to tell to all of you, that is, I'll not be able to write my fics as often as I could as I'll be facing one of the scariest years in my life. 'O'levels. Yep.

So yeah apparently, O'levels are just around the corner. I would love to say it's at the end of the year but no, it's not. It's more or less 9-10 months left to it and believe it or not, I'll be having 4 major exams, including O's this year. 

And I believe I'll have to brush up on my studies more than I ever have. I'll still be updating but most probably once or twice a month. I know that's like soooo little but that's the most I could do, really. There'll be a time where I'll have to actually stop updating but I'll make sure to inform you guys beforehand. I would'nt blame you guys if you'll unsubscribe to this story, go on. But just to let you all know that I'll resume updating after my O's!  DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'll update like every hour, ok? Ok no. Of course. WHO DOES THAT. I'll update like most of the time, depending if I'll decide on taking a part time job. Kekeke. But yeah, I'll update like twice a week, maybe? Hhahaaha so yeah. 

Would really appreciate if you guys would stay with me though, it means ALOT. SWEAR. So, yeah. Sorry for the horribly longgg author note :/ Till we meet again my lovely readers!  

SARANGHAEYOOOOOOOOO!!! *throws a bucket full of kittens and cute puppies*