The First Council Meeting

St Michel Student Council

“That's all for today.” Amber's class ends for the day. There wasn't any need to pack since its still the first day for her, she got up immediately from her desk and heads towards the exit.

 

“Hello Amberrrr!” a pair of beautiful anime eyed girls squeals in the top of their voice in excitement as Amber walks closer to them. Amber eyes caught the pair,  not being able to keep her eyes off the two girls as their beauty far surpass any other girls she had come across in the school so far. The taller of the two grabbed Amber's hand immediately, “We've been wanting to meet you! Let's go~” gesturing the other to follow suit.

 

“Ouch!” the pair yelps in objection as Kyuhyun hits their head with a large paper fan. 'Where the heck did the paper fan comes from?' the four including Taemin who caught up with them from behind, wonders in bewilderment. “I think you girls should properly introduce yourself to her first. Can't you tell you girls are intimidating?” Kyuhyun remarks in a humorous manner.

 

“Amber dear, I'm Victoria~” the taller girl introduced herself in a gentle manner.

 

“I'm Taeyeon~” the petite frame followed.

 

“We're both in the student council like you do so from now on, we have to stick together against the guys okay?” Victoria reaches for her pocket from the vest they are wearing and pulled out a card, “Here! This is your student ID. Be careful not to lose it! Its exclusively for students from the student council and it gives you access to anywhere in the school. Not even the teachers has the privileges. Of course, except for the director's office which is off limits.”

Amber returned her instructions with a puzzling look on her face, “Err... Why are we granted access that is not even given to the teachers? It is...” “Because we are...” before Taeyeon could finish, Victoria cupped , “That is why St Michel's student council is attractive! Come! Let's go!” Victoria didn't bother to explain any further, grabs Amber's hands along with Taeyeon on each sides. They head towards the direction of the student council headquarters.

 

Tons of questions are left unanswered inside Amber's head. She couldn't understand the novelty of being a member of the student union especially the privileges involved since everything seems to be nothing but trouble for her. Even though she might not look like what she seems, Amber in actual is an insightful individual capable of deciphering a person's behavior, psychological aspects or any form of situations accurately. As the day passes, she quietly analyzes the situation belonging to the student council forming different possibilities of the possible hidden agenda behind the facade created by them. She came to a conclusion thereafter.

 

Amber, Kyuhyun, Taemin, Victoria and Taeyeon came to a halt as seemingly heavy and grand baroque door appears in front of them.

 

“Amber, this is our office!” Taeyeon waved her hands in front of Amber's stumbled face amazed by the size of the door. “Is this really a school?...” she mumbled softly.

 

Victoria and Taeyeon both pushes each side of the door allowing streams of light creeping through the opening onto her pale countenance once again. Inside, Amber's eyes screens through the room leaving her a little surprised. She was expecting some lavishing or extravagant interior living up to the expectations of the grand baroque door on the outside. The layout of the octagonal room is nothing but simple. A few computers are stationed in one of the sides of the octagon along with the latest savvy electronic gadgets. Sofas and couches can be found right next to the windows with ample lighting. Shelves of books formed a little cozy corner on another side of the walls. A drink counter and a tiny fridge could be seen near the sofas. In the center of all the furnishings, is a huge round table with nine chairs neatly placed around it. It was nothing of an extraordinaire.

 

“Do you need another public display of affection right now?” a husky deep voice whispered into Amber ears as she look intently inside the room. She could immediately recognize the same voice that stimulate her emotions the night before and in front of the school assembly that morning. She reacted  instantly elbowing his stomach with maximum force leaving the tall statute yelping in pain astonished by the sheer force in her stance. The others by now has gathered inside the room broke out into laughter as their leader looked helpless in front of Amber.

 

“Now, let's do another proper round of introduction for our Amber's sake.” Yunho speaks in a serious manner now as the rest sits on their respective chairs.

 

“Errm, do I sit here?” Amber asked as she looks at the only chair left in between Yunho and Siwon.

 

“You can sit on my lap if you want to?” Siwon jokingly suggested.

 

Kyuhyun got up from his seat, walk towards her chair and pulled out for her, “Here. Please take a seat.” the outburst of his gentlemen etiquette totally shook the rest up sending chills down their spine. They couldn't believe the haughty genius could actually pull off an act of a gentleman.

 

“Thank you.” Amber sat down.

 

“Alright, let's get down to business. A little housekeeping then... Amber, because you just join us, we have no available position for you yet, so you will be a member of the student council with no portfolio at the moment. As for the rest, I will let them introduce themselves by their own. I'll start with myself first then.”

 

Amber nods.

 

“I'm Jung Yunho, the student council president and also known as the leader by some of them. I preside over our meetings and also, the school matters. So I make the ultimate decision regarding any matters that is within our jurisdiction.”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun. I'm the vice president of the student body. My role is mainly advisory often providing an alternate voice to a situation. A simple role I guess.”

 

“Right, your job seems easy because you're a genius. Hi, Choi Siwon here~ I have a more outgoing role in the student body. I'm in charge of sports and events. So I manage the clubs and circles in our school mainly and of course, anything to do with sports!”

 

“Hyung, you're too hyperactive! Hi Amber, I'm Shim Changmin. I'm the student council secretary and accounts. My portfolio says it all~ So if anything that involves money or so, you have to go through me.”

 

“Lee Donghae here! I'm in charge of the literature and arts departments. Well, to be honest, there is nothing much to say about my role. So next!”

 

“Hi, I'm Lee Taemin. I'm in charge of the mathematics and sciences departments.” the little guy responded in his timid voice.

 

“Amber dear, I'm Victory Song. Taeyeon and I helm the discipline committee in our school.”

 

“Yeah, I'm Kim Taeyeon here by the way. Our portfolio says it all. We are part of the student council too except that we do help another subsidiary department to execute the rules and regulations in our school. Unlike normal schools helm by different body, we choose to work in a team instead which explains why the two of us are here.”

 

“Yeah, we've finished introducing ourselves. Its your turn next~” Victoria passing the baton to her.

 

“HHH... ii... I'm... I'm Amber Josephine Liu. Nice to meet you.”

 

Amber paused, took a deep breath and continued, “You guys are hiding something aren't you?”