The First Day

St Michel Student Council

 

“Today, we have a new addition to our student body. She just transferred into our school and today, its her first day. Let's welcome Amber Josephine Liu.” announced Yunho to the assembly of students as he gestured Amber to the stage. Her dark black hair still draping over her pale countenance as she took little steps up the stage trembling in fear of facing the crowd in front of the stage. As she walks nearer Yunho, shades of red brushes across her cheeks as she quickly turns away from. Yunho remains still and composed, as usual.

 

Before she appeared, the students were exhilarated with a new addition till she walks in failing to impress them. They didn't think they would actually see a ghastly sight instead of a nobility.

 

Yunho stood behind Amber as she faces her audience with her trembling fist balled up behind.

 

“...”

 

The crowd waits intently for her to speak.

 

“.......”

 

Still without response from her even with Donghae gesturing her to speak from below the stage.

 

Yunho took a sudden step forward moving his head towards the side of her head as he whispered something only audible to her ears, “Do you want me to continue with what we did last night right now? I seriously mean it if you continue staring at them like this...” Within moments, the girls in the crowd starts protesting against his actions giving Amber glares with murderous intent. Often seen without any expressions accompanied with cold stares, none of them could imagine him acting the way he is to Amber at that moment. Yunho continues to chuckle oblivious to all the eyes on him.

 

“He did it again!” Changmin remarked as he recalled what happened the night before.

 

What a tiring day! Changmin thought to himself as he makes his way to his room after a nice cold shower to relieve himself a little from all the commotions that had happened for the day.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!” Yunho yelled at Amber while she stood there staring at him blankly with blood flowing down from the corner of her lips.

 

Amber froze on the spot when he first press his lips against hers taking a while for her to realize the situation she was in with her heart beating desperately fast gasping for air in the meantime trying to push Yunho away from her. As she retaliates, Yunho exerted a little more strength grabbing the side of her head to keep her in position. She felt she could die any moment and took a chance sinking her teeth into his lips. Initially, he refused to let go but relents when he felt pain and perhaps blood trickling down from his lips.

 

“This is your punishment.” Yunho lets out a smirk on his face as he wiped the blood off his lips with his hands and walks back to his room.

 

Changmin witnessed everything. He couldn't believe Yunho's actions. He has known him since they were kids and he has never interact with any girls before not to mention intimately. Honestly, that was his first kiss unbeknownst to anyone. People fantasize or assumes he has been dating woman older than he is.

 

Hyung, who has a phobia with woman is actually kissing a girl who doesn't look like one? Hmm... So he likes man? No, I mean manly and scary woman? Ahh!! So that is his type... These thoughts ran through his mind as he giggled at his new found revelation of his hyung's possible love interest.

 

“Kyuhyun, Siwonie hyung, I have something to tell.” He gestured Kyuhyun and Siwon out of the auditorium and relate the incident to them. Kyuhyun grins, “I see... Things are getting easier then...” the brilliant strategist explained his plan to them.

 

The assembly of students gets noisier as Amber remained in silence. Yunho distanced himself behind the petite girl as she broke out in cold sweat. The teachers are getting impatient and one of the nosy ones started walking towards the stage with the intention to bring her down the platform. A tall and sturdy figure appeared out of nowhere and took a bow before he snatched the microphone away from Amber.

 

“She's my beloved niece, please take good care of her.” he introduced her followed by a peck on her cheeks. Everyone looked in astonishment. They totally couldn't sense any kinship between the charismatic handsome school director to a depressing kid whose existence still remains a mystery.

 

“I'm Am.. Amm.. Amber Josephine Liu. I... Pleased to meet you...” she squeezed the words out of slowly retreating to the background.

 

Amber loves Rain, her uncle a lot. He has been visiting her more often than her parents did while she was based in Japan. He makes up most of her life and she treats her uncle with the utmost respect. So at any time, she doesn't want to appear as a burden to her uncle and usually accepts any decision he makes for her. Yunho who seems to discover this side of her, felt a little tug in his chest but decides to dismiss it as he knows the family bond they had is something that is impossible for him to step in.

 

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, now I present to you our complete student council.” Jung announced. The students cheered as the council members marched up neatly to the stage taking a bow at the audience. “I thought you're gone for now? Why are you back so soon?” Yunho whispered into Jung's ear. “I want to see my Amber's inauguration before I can leave her to you guys. I look forward to the next time I visit then.” he smiled.

 

The students all went back to their respective classrooms as per usual after the weekly morning assembly in the school auditorium. Amber, in contrast to her personality and outlook, is a brilliant academics especially in math and sciences. In fact, she is an all rounder in everything in contrast to her dark personality. Her presumably hereditary athletic abilities far surpassed most professional sportswoman in their own rights.

 

Amber looked aimlessly in the hallway searching frantically for her classroom. She reads from a piece of paper given to her by Rain's assistant earlier on, “Year 2, House of Helheimr. What the heck is this! Can't they use normal classrooms alphabets!” shreds the piece of paper in anger.

 

From a distance, a familiar silhouette appears approaching the exasperated woman who is still trying to figure out her classroom.

 

“Amber. Are you lost or something? Do you know where your class is?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Ahhh!! Nooooooooooo!!!! What is the House of Helheimr?!!!!!!”

 

Kyuhyun was taken aback by sudden leaving Amber puzzled with his surprised look.

 

“???!! Erms, do you by chance know?” she asked.

 

“Amber, follow me. I will bring you to our class.” Kyuhyun leads the way.

 

“Thank you.” she replied softly following him up closely behind.

 

He came to a sudden stop turning to face her. Amber couldn't brake in time because of her habit for looking down when she walks and not looking at whats ahead of her, crashes into Kyuhyun landing her head onto his chest. Kyuhyun place both his hands on her shoulder to stabilize the clumsy girl followed by attempts to brush her hair aside. He wanted to at the very least know how his classmate looks. He was caught up with the fact that she does not look like an intellectual having the possibly of one or probably just one of Rain's mischief. His fingers swept through her hair brushing them aside as she froze to the touch of men. Kyuhyun locked his eyes on her fair countenance astounded by the hidden beauty of Amber. 'ahh.. I see why she is called Amber... and hyung's actions... Her eyes...' he kept to himself.

 

“Hyung!” Taemin shouted from the other end of the corridor. “Class is starting!” he entered the classroom. Kyuhyun grabbed Amber's hand and dragged her towards their classroom explaining along the way, “Amber, this is our class Helheimr. It is the netherworld realm in the Norse Mythology. Each class has traits reflecting our personalities and abilities which is why each class is called House of 'something'. We're in Hel, a class that comprises the intellectuals and academics in St Michel. Taemin and I belongs to this class even though he doesn't seem like one, he is in fact, a brilliant mathematician.” Amber nods her head as she listens on. “And one more thing, the students here might behave cold and unresponsive to you maybe because they might feel you're invading into their territory, so just stay beside to me all the time okay?” “okay.” she replied in a meek voice as they enter the room..

 

 

“I swear I will bring her down!”

 

“Count us in!”