The Next Day...

St Michel Student Council

 

BAMMM! A loud thud could be heard from a distance. Amber, feeling something is amiss, ran down the flight of stairs and out of the building before reaching a clearing. To her horror, a familiar body lying motionlessly on the soft grass seemingly yelping in pain. Blood trickled down from the person's head as he struggle to breathe. Amber knew not to aggravate the injuries by moving him unnecessarily but she knew she had to stop the blood from flowing out continuously. Immediately, she tore part of her shirt revealing her skin and press the cloth on his head gently thus stopping the blood.

 

“Hey! Stay awake!” she cried out to him desperately. “Don't fall asleep!” at that point, Amber thought the man is going to die if not, halfway to go. She took her cellphone and dialed for the ambulance before tending to him again. There was virtually no one in the area as they are located at the back of the laboratories building where students from this school detest the mere laid back desolation and the unkempt beauty. Amber's love for peaceful and quiet places attributes mostly to her upbringing in the rural countryside in Japan which explains her presence in that part of the school.

 

“H.. He...” the man attempts to speak as if something really important had just happened.

 

“Shh.. Don't speak! You need to keep still!” Amber commanded.

 

“Noo.. He.. Help! He is here! The locker has the key. One.. nine.. eight.. ssss.. ” the man forces out his last words before he passes out.

 

“SSS What! Hey!! Wake up! Don't sleep! The ambulance is going to be here soon!” Amber cried out to him as she gently pat on his face to wake the man up but to no avail.

 

The ambulance arrived and the paramedics carried the man into the ambulance. The police came along too as it was reported to be a human induced accident. One of the officer came to interrogate Amber and asked a few questions. Amber reported everything that had happened except the last words that were forced out of that man's mouth. At the same time, Yunho and the rest were alerted of this and rushed down to the scene immediately. Victoria and Taeyeon held Amber's hand each saying, “Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?” “Yeah, I'm okay. No worries Victoria Unnie.” “Really? Our heart almost dropped when I heard the ambulance came and that you were here. I thought something happened to you! Thank goodness you are safe!” “Taeyeon Unnie, I'm really okay. Thanks for worrying.”

 

The two girls looked at each other in surprise with her good manners and courtesy in contrast to the first time they met her. Taeyeon couldn't help but to pat her head at how cute Amber can get when she is out of her gray matter at times.

 

Yunho came up to Amber, “Amber.. Are you hurt?”

 

“I'm fine really!” she answered impatiently slightly annoyed at the number of times the concerns were raised up to her instead of the injured man. “Perhaps the guy on the stretcher and on his way to the hospital needs more concern then?” she retorted.

 

“I'm sorry. Amber, in any ways, we need to talk.” said Yunho and turned towards the direction where their headquarters is. “Let's go.” and led his team along.

 

Kyuhyun walked beside Amber and patted on her shoulders as he sensed uncertainties in her, “Amber, don't worry. We are not going to eat you.” she nods. “We are with you.”

 

As they reached the office, Amber noticed there was some security equipments installed around the facility. She never notices them from before but ever since the accident, everything around her seems to magnify a dozen time. Everyone seems to maneuver around the office in silence to double check if they were in a secured environment. Amber just sits at her own seat quietly observing each and everyone's actions. Finally, everyones settled down in their respective seat around the octagon once their routine is done. Silence continued for at least a minute or so before Yunho breaks it.

 

“Okay. Amber for now, you just have to listen to what is going on alright?” Amber nods and Yunho continues, “Taemin, please report.”

 

“Yes Hyung.” Taemin then gestured for everyone's tab as he prepares to continue his explanation.

 

“This man is called Kim Hyun Joong. He is the same year as Yunho Hyung in our school and he is an ace is terms of his academic results and sports too. He comes from a relatively well to do family with a family nett worth of 90 million USD. His family background is clean and has no connections to any mafia or the government. Just pure business background. However, 6 months ago, his parents has been reported missing and his family assets has all been frozen. Because his parents had already meted out his education plans and finances involved in it, that is why he is still studying in St Michel.”

 

“Okay, what about his connections? Any Idea?” Yunho turns to Siwon.

 

“Yes Hyung, I've heard about him a little. Like what Taemin reported, he is pretty much popular with a pretty face and a good physique. He is active in school and seems like a pretty decent dude. His circle of friends seems normal and he doesn't seem to make any enemies. He is close to one of our ex student though whom was kicked out of school last year.” Siwon tells all he knows.

 

“Out last year? You mean the only person who was kicked out of our school for the past ten years? That guy?” Donghae exclaimed.

 

“Yeah, its him. No doubt. They are in the same circle and had often been spotted hanging out together. Its not new.” said Siwon.

 

Amber new to this scenario, tries to absorb everything she can even though she had the least idea what is going on now, she whispered to Kyuhyun who is sitting next to her, “Erm... What is exactly happening here? And who is HE?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled back at her, “We are playing our alter ego now. Don't worry too much, just try absorbing whatever you can. You can ask me anything. That guy was kicked out of our school last year cos he attacked on some students and teachers. We call him J.”

 

“J?” asked Amber.

 

“Yes.” He replied Amber with a gentle smile on his face before he turns to everyone else.

 

“For the benefit of Amber, let me explain what is exactly happening.” said Kyuhyun.

 

“Amber, currently we are tracking on a case that happened two years ago. On the 9th of March two years ago, the chairman of HJ International were brutally murdered along with his wife and his youngest son and the oldest son were the sole survivor from this incident. His name is Kim Jae Joong also known as J. The murderer was never found and HJ International was acquired by a competitor. This made J bitter over the acquirement especially after the death of his parents that led him to think that they might be the mastermind behind this.” Kyuhyun explained.

 

“Yeah, Kim Hyun Joong, the guy you saw just now, is the son of the competitor who bought over HJ International. Prior to the exile, the two were best friends in school. They are well known for their friendship and often adored by girls for their brotherly love for each other till last year, Hyun Joong parents bought over J's parent's company which led J to suspect Hyun Joong's parents involvement in the murder of his parents. He confronted him in school and got into a brawl with him and accidentally hurt him and a few students and a teacher who tried to stop the fight. The school had no choice but to suspend him. Out of anger, he left for good.” Siwon explained.

 

“So, J is plotting a revenge on a possible suspect and Hyun Joong is his next target? Is that what you're trying to say?” Amber asked as she is still trying to string the situations together.

 

“Yes. There is a possibility.” says Yunho.

 

“There is a possibility in that but at the same time, J is not stupid. He is in fact a very intelligent man in contrast to his brash actions. I really think it was due to emotional stress or a lack of outlet for him during that time, which I suspect that he probably allowed his suspension to happen.” followed Donghae.

 

Amber looks at him in surprise since he always thought Donghae is a softie and a follower, he never knew such insights could come out of his mouth. Kyuhyun then explained to her in a low voice, “Donghae is an expert in criminal psychology. He just doesn't look like it.” Amber nods.

 

“So, what are we suggesting really?” Changmin asked. “Its not like we have all the american time to do this! We have a party in two days time.”

 

“Hah! At a time like this? Hyung?” Taemin sneered.

 

“Of course!” the two girls cheered.

 

“Erms, what party may I ask?” Amber probe as if something bad is about to happen to her soon.

 

“We are holding a summer party Amber in two days time!” Victoria answered in a cheerful voice.

 

“Huh! But after all that has happened?” she questioned the sanity of her peers.

 

“Yes. The show must still go on. In the meantime, we will continue our investigation.” Yunho interrupts turning to Amber. “Amber, could you tell us what happened just now?” and she fills in whatever happened earlier on.

 

“I see. He mention something...” that left Yunho deep in thought.

 

“Locker. Key. 198. What could that possibly mean?” Yunho thinks out loud.

 

“A locker, a key and a set of numbers. 198. is that all? Did he attempt to continue or lost his breath after the numbers?” Kyuhyun turn to Amber.

 

“I'm not sure. But he seem desperate and seeking for help. I think he wanted to continue but he didn't before he passes out.” answered Amber.

 

“I see. Then that number combination is the crux of this issue then. Yunho Hyung, what should we do?” Kyuhyun awaits the leader's decision.

 

“Okay. You all know your roles well enough. Let's get moving then.” Yunho ends the discussion in a firm and serious tone.

 

“Then what about me?” asked Amber as the rest prepares to move out to their respective field. “You will follow me.” Yunho grabs her hand again and leaves the room...

 

 

its been since ages i ever update... got too busy with work lately.. will check for any errors soon.. gonna sleep~ enjoy...