A Small Discussion

St Michel Student Council

 

Chapter 15

 

The sun has set and everyone is back in their dormitories. The suspect is now under police surveillance in Kyuhyun's hospital and Yunho has sent an army of the toughest men guarding Hyun Joong and the man. Taemin and Donghae went back to their own respective rooms and Kyuhyun walks back into his shared room with Siwon. Amber head straight to the kitchen and Yunho followed behind.

 

“Amber, its my turn to cook today. You should rest.” Yunho commanded.

 

“I will cook.” Amber replied firmly.

 

“No its okay. I can cook. You had a tiring day, you should rest.” Yunho said in a worrisome tone.

 

“Because its tiring, I don't want any of you to explode the kitchen once again and I'll end up nothing but carcinogens. Please Yunho~” Amber stating her concerns.

 

Somehow, Yunho couldn't help but feel Amber was really cute when she pleads. He likes it when she talks in a coquetry manner in her own way which he felt she was really feminine and really cute. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but she is definitely a beauty in the eyes of six billion.' the man hidden under the cold exterior thought to himself in his childlike fantasy.

 

“Okay, but I will have to help. Its my roster after all. I'm not like the others just so you know.” or so he thought.

 

Amber gave in to him and decides he will help with the menial tasks.

 

She gave him potatoes.

 

He took thirty minutes to finish peeling six potatoes.

 

“Hyung, is the dinner done yet?” Donghae yelled from afar.

 

“No. I will call you guys when dinner is done.”

 

Amber out of frustration, attempted to chase him out of the kitchen.

 

Yunho refused.

 

Amber passed him three peeled carrots that only needs to be chopped.

 

Yunho finished chopping two of them and cuts his finger on the third.

 

Amber saw the blood oozing out of his fingers and got excited at the mere sight. She went over and the blood as if she's a dracula.

 

Yunho thought the moments were romantic in the first place but slowly realizing Amber is fading into her vampire fantasy.

 

Amber continued her vampire streaks.

 

Yunho sensing danger, pull out his finger from Amber's mouth and rinsed it under running water to stop it from bleeding.

 

Amber snaps back to reality and apologized.

 

Yunho continues cutting the carrot in precision in fear he might cut himself again. This time, it took him another thirty minutes.

 

Amber's patience starting to wear off and chased him out of the kitchen.

 

Yunho feeling sorry offered to set up the dining table.

 

Amber relents and let him set up the table as she finishes cooking dinner.

 

Yunho called the rest of the guys down for dinner.

 

Amber out of exhaustion, doze off at the dining table while waiting for the rest much to the amusement of the guys.

 

Kyuhyun took out his phone and begans to snap a picture of the sleeping beauty with him by her side.

 

Donghae followed suit.

 

Taemin who started opening up to Amber, took a picture too.

 

Siwon thought it was an interesting sight and decides to follow suit.

 

Changmin decides to join in the fun.

 

Yunho, never a picture person didn't think it was necessary. Donghae seeing his hyung getting left out in the fun, grabbed Yunho's phone and pushed him towards Amber ending with a snap. Yunho feeling a bit absurd in the beginning lets out a smile after Donghae shove him back his phone and the picture was nothing but pure sweetness.'

 

Siwon stood up, “I'm going to carry her back to her room. She looks really tired. No objections from any of you.” and he carried the sleeping figure up in his arms in bridal style up into her room and gently laid her down on her bed tucking her in her comforters. He then walked down to the dining room and continued his dinner with the rest.

 

After dinner, Siwon gestured for a small discussion in the living room.

 

“Everyone, today I have made a new discovery regarding HJ International. HJ was supposed to be J's parents company right? But do you know what does HJ stands for?”

 

“Siwon, you made a new discovery?” Kyuhyun questioned.

 

“Yes Kyu. HJ International, was bought over by Hyun Joong's parents. Initially we thought maybe HJ stands for Hyun Joong's initial and it might has something to do with Hyun Joong's birth origin or something so I went to trace the origin of Hyun Joong's birth.”

 

“And?”

 

“He is still the son of the owner of Star Oasis International.” Siwon replied.

 

“So, HJ does not equate to Hyun Joong then. We're back to square one.” Changmin quips.

 

“Well, apparently as it seems so but, HJ stands for J's initials though.” Siwon responded.

 

“That's ordinary.” Changmin cooed.

 

“That's ordinary yes, but J family name is KIM. Shouldn't that be KJ or JJ or KJJ if they were to name it after their son?” Siwon raises an important clue.

 

“Yes, continue please Hyung. I'm sure you had found out something.” Kyuhyun quips.

 

“Have you guys heard of the Itaewon murder 18 years ago?” Siwon asked.

 

“Itaewon? Which one? There seems to be quite a number of them?” Yunho queried.

 

“Yes. A very influential and rich couple was brutally murdered and thrown into the Han River only leaving their heads and the hands which held their wedding rings were left in their mansion seemingly holding on to each other in a ritualistic manner. It was a gruesome sight and caused a media frenzy.” said Siwon.

 

“Ah! That one!” Suddenly Amber appears out of nowhere. She was feeling a little thirsty and was about to walk to the kitchen for some water when she heard it all.

 

The rest of the guys gulped especially Yunho as he knows how graphical facts can stimulate her excitement and sinks her deep into her own gore fantasy. The rest of the guys immediately understood why Siwon took the liberty to carry her up into her room and tucked her to sleep though eventually her unprecedented appearance totally strike off his meditated efforts.

 

Kyuhyun walked over to her and sat her down beside him whispering something into her ears, “Amber, be good for now. Its crucial and we're serious right now. Be good okay?” Kyuhyun said it in a rather commanding tone rather than a choice. He grabbed her hands and entwined his fingers with her earning a disbelieving look from the rest. Little did they know, Yunho was exploding inside him under his icy cold exterior.

 

“Let's continue.” Yunho commanded prioritizing whats important first.

 

“Can I continue this?” Amber spoke up in her meek little voice fearing Kyuhyun might snap at her anytime if she falls into her fantasy although she earn a green light from the evil genius ultimately. “Go ahead.”

 

 

“The murder was premeditated in advanced for more than a year I believe. The actual fact is, the couple are pretty well to do, not exactly rich tycoons but they have something the rich doesn't have and that is the location of their company. Their company property site has been passed down for generations and one day, an underground fortune teller who only tells fortune for the rich marked the land the couple had as a hotspot which will brings in tremendous amount of fortune in the next two years and the streak will continue for at least another seventy years thus sparks interested buyers coming to claim the land as their own. Because of past accurate divination, many believed the guru and greedy businessmen tried their luck into getting the piece of land to themselves, hiring mafias to intervene for them. Because of the many interventions from different groups, a bloodshed war ensues with high number casualties. The property turned from a hotspot to a cursed land covered with blood spills.”

 

“Amber, you can cut the bloody part of the story.” Changmin totally grossed out at her intricate details of the story.

 

Siwon decides to take it from her, “Okay. That year, the wife was pregnant with a child. Little did they know, the child was fathered by a one of the mafia. During the interventions, one of the man his wife but the wife out of fear did not dare mention the incident to anyone. The husband was loving to his wife and even though the child wasn't his, took it in as his own and cared for it and even name their company under their child's name, HJ which stands for Han Jaejong. That is, J.”

 

The startling revelation rocked everyone out of their seat. Yunho queried further, “So, the owner of the first HJ International belongs to J's real mother's and her husband, then who are the second owner? And J's birth father?”

 

“Now at that point, everyone suspect J's birth father was the one who murdered the couple out of jealousy and for money's sake but there wasn't enough evidence to prove that he was the killer. The authorities however charge him with outrage of modesty and had him kept in the cells for some time. After he was released, he disappeared and was never seen again.” Siwon explained further. “But recently, news of J's birth father resurface again.”

 

“I can't be sure, but I'm suspecting, the man we held might be J's birth father for all we know though he has a fourteen year old daughter.” Yunho said questionably.

 

“And for all we know, he might be innocent of all charges.” Amber raised up.

 

“What do you mean Amber?” Donghae asked.\

 

Amber trusting on her own instinct gave an intuitive explanation, “I'm just saying this. Don't you think all these is too easy? Don't you think all charges are unintentionally pointed towards J's birth father?”

 

“Hmm.. You've got a point there. Continue...” said Siwon.

 

“Come to think of it, what if J being the mafia's son was fabricated and they were actually the couple's real son. Or maybe what if the couple's real son is not J and Hyun Joong instead and there was a switch during their birth for fear their own son might be killed in the intervention process using J as a bait instead. Fortunately, J was not harmed in the process but the couple met their doom in his stead. The second owner might not necessary be the couple's murderer but Star Oasis owner are the actual killer. The second owner was probably presumed as the actual murderer but might have accidentally found out the truth and was hunted down instead by the actual killer. J and HJ might just be a victim in this case. As for the actual assault, Hyun Joong might just be making all up after finding the actual truth and he probably wants us to protect him and for us to find the truth.”

 

“This might be one of the possibility we can work on. Once Hyun Joong wakes up, we'll get to the bottom of this.” Yunho affirms.

 

“Alright, time to sleep! We have a long day tomorrow. Amber, Victoria and Taeyeon wants me to tell you that you have a shopping appointment with them.” Changmin yawned as he lets out his last words before he heads back to his room.

 

“Goodnight” the rest echoed in unison and head back to their respective rooms as their discussion ends for the day.