Chapter 7

After You

With the help from Key, Taemin packs his stuff faster yet with more things to bring. He ends up bringing extra luggage full of unnecessary – in Taemin’s opinion – things that are necessary in the eyes of the hyungs. Onew has offered to go with him to Canada but Taemin turned it down. He insists that he will be perfectly fine on his own.

“Hyung really doesn’t want you to go,” Jinki’s being honest when he gives Taemin a goodbye hug at the airport. “That Choi Minho better be down on his knees and begs for forgiveness.”

Taemin chuckles, “I won’t go easy on him. Don’t worry, hyung.” Taemin assures.

“Punch him on his face for me, okay?”

Taemin giggles, feeling amused by his hyung’s protectiveness. “I will.”

“If anything happens, give hyung a call, okay?” Taemin nods again.

“Aish, I really do not want you to go.” Onew squeezes him tighter.

“I will be fine, hyung.” Onew lets him go, ruffling Taemin’s hair once before flashing a smile.

“I’ll take care of your apartment when you’re not around,” Key says.

“Thanks.” Key’s not the type that will go hug Taemin, Taemin knows it. That’s why he’s coming to Key for a hug. “I’ll miss you a lot. I’ll miss your nags and our petty fights.” Taemin’s taken aback when he hears sniffles and when he pulls away, he sees Key’s red eyes. For the first time that day, Taemin feels really really bad for leaving his friends, no, his family, like that. “Hyung, don’t cry. It’s not like we’re not going to see each other forever.”

Taemin feels worse when no answer’s coming from Key because he’s crying so badly he can’t speak. Sensing the uncomfortable atmosphere, Onew draws the crying boy to him and let Key cry on his shoulder. Onew signals to the other boys to continue and leave Key to him.

Taemin turns to Jonghyun who remains calm all the time. He stands there with a smile on his face. Taemin smiles back. Jonghyun is very supportive lately, after they’re caught up lying to Taemin and after he knows how Taemin’s brother also keeping things to him to be exact.

“I hope you won’t regret this. Find Minho and give him what he deserves.”

“I’ll make him regret leaving me here.”

“That’s my brother. Come here,” he opens up his arms and Taemin willingly comes to him. “I’ll go visit you for sure.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

 

That evening, Taemin leaves the place he has been living for nineteen years. He leaves his family and friends behind just for one person. He doesn’t know what’s waiting for him in Canada but he prays everything will go as he wishes. Then he can go back to his hyungs along with Minho. He’s sure he can do it. Alone.


This is the shortest ever!

Okay, you can kill me.

During the long period with no update, I worked on a new 2min story. finished. around 12k word. You can read it here. Go read it ^^

Also, I wrote my first ever Jongyu oneshot, which you can find here. But, don't you just write 2min? Scratch that! I can write Jongyu now B-)

Enough with advertising my new babies. I'll try to update soon.

Taemin will be in Canada on the next chapter!!!

Uh, comment?