Chapter 4

After You

“Canada is too far away, Taemin-ah.”

“If something happens to you, it’ll take a quite long time before we can reach you.”

“What do you know about Vancouver, anyway? Do you ever go there before?”

“I’ve never been there before. I know nothing about that country and hell yes, I know that it’s ing far away from here. Just stop, will you?

“Taemin! You don’t swear to your hyungs!” Jonghyun almost yells.

“See? You don’t even know anything about Canada and you insist to go there?” Key strikes. “Let's not go there, Taemin-ah.” Key says softer. "Someday when he’s back to Seoul, I’ll make him to get on his knees and begs us to give you back to him. I won’t let him have you back so easily after what he has done, even though he’s my friend since five!”

“That’s a good idea!” Jonghyun agrees.

“I don’t think he could set his foot in Seoul any soon” Taemin murmurs sadly.

“And why is that?”

Taemin tells the others about Eunsoo’s visit. He tells them everything she told him on her visit. Key’s very surprised to know that Eunsoo was visiting without telling him beforehand and even more surprised to learn that she knows about Minho. When Taemin is done with his telling, Key excuses himself to make a phone call with Eunsoo. Onew and Jonghyun are at loss of words. There is a part of them that don’t want to let Taemin go even after knowing this fact.

“He promised to go back to you, Taemin-ah. So you just need to sit and wait, okay?” Jonghyun starts.

“I don't think he is in a situation to do that, hyung.”

“Then let him find a way,” Onew replies. “I can’t believe Eunsoo noona wants you go all the way to Canada.”

“She promises to help him.” Taemin answers back. “I’ll be fine, hyung. I’ll find him and give him what he deserves and see what he’ll do.”

Onew sighs, still can’t accept the idea of Taemin going to Canada alone. He can’t imagine how he would survive there without them. What if he has his nightmare and there is no one by his side? How if he runs into bad thing like…  bad persons in the street and none of them would be there to protect him?

The sound of hurry footsteps interrupts his thinking and he finds out that it is Key’s. “How is it?” Onew asks.

“Eunsoo noona also can’t contact him as anytime she wants. She was worrying over Minho who did not call her for a quite long time after his departure to Canada and she couldn’t reach him either so one day, she called his mom. There she found out about everything and she let her to have a short talk with Minho. His dad doesn’t trust her anymore since he finds out that she’s helping Minho. The reason why she didn’t tell us earlier is because she was afraid we would misunderstand and try to call his parents to confirm it which she thinks will just make it worse. And about Taemin, she doesn’t want to force him yet she puts a big amount of hope on him.” Key ends his explanation. “I really don’t want you to go, Taemin-ah. Let her think of another way, okay?”

“Hyung, as much as I appreciate all of your concerns, this time I wish you’ll let me go and see what I’m capable of doing. I’m not a kid, hyung. I’ll be fine. Just wait and see.”

“What if –“

“Stop thinking what if this and what if that. Just once, please trust me.”

***

“Do I look like a weak little kid?” Taemin asks honestly to Jonghyun that night. That night, they don’t sleep together in the living room like always. Key is beyond upset he doesn’t want to stay around Taemin or he’ll lose control. He decides to sleep in Onew’s bedroom and Onew automatically goes with him. It leaves Taemin alone with Jonghyun in his bedroom.

“Not really, but you’re attractive enough to attract unwanted attention from bad persons,” Jonghyun smiles.

“I’ll stay away from danger and put on a cold face so people won’t bother to look at me. How does it sound?”

Jonghyun lets out a low chuckle and ruffles Taemin’s hair, “So cute. Hyungs are just worried if you go alone, Tae. We love you so much.”

“Thanks. But really, I want to prove to you that all the worry you have over me is unnecessary. I’ll do well and you’ll be like… good job, Taemin-ah.”

Jonghyun’s heart aches hearing that. Seeing his little brother wants to go after his love and prove to them that he’s not a little kid hurts him. He wants the best for Taemin. Taemin shouldn’t be going to a place he’s unfamiliar with and struggling alone to find Minho, who left him on the first place. He wishes reality will be as beautiful as Minho coming back to Seoul and tells Taemin that he’s back and they can be together again and they’ll live happily ever after. However, things don’t go that way. That makes him think again, what if Taemin coming for Minho is the only way? He takes a look on Taemin who seems to be deep in thought as well.

“Taemin-ah,” he calls out, making Taemin tilts his head to face him. “If in Canada, things don’t go as you plan, what will you do?”

Once again, Taemin lost on his thoughts. When he snaps back to reality, he says, “If things don’t go as planned… ah, that’s impossible, hyung. I’ll make it work no matter what. But you want an answer, right? If things don’t go well, will you welcome me back in Seoul?” Taemin is a little bit afraid of the answer he’ll get. What if the hyungs will be too mad to accept him back? Soon, his anxiety is forgotten after seeing Jonghyun’s sincere smile.

“Of course, Taemin-ah. We’ll always be by your side, you know.”

At that, Taemin can’t help but offer a genuine smile. At least, after everything, he’ll still have his hyungs with him. And it gives a little peace in troubled mind and eases his uneasy heart about the future.


here a new chapter.

how is it?

I hope you enjoy it

please wait for the next chapter ^^