Chapter 17

After You

Jihye and Changmin couldn't believe it when they see the couple exiting the cafe together - not to the extent of hand in hand together but smiling together.

"Don't you think Tabby giving in way too easily?"

Jihye gives him a look "Well, it is surprising but it is a good thing. So please keep your opinion to yourself."

"What? No, no, I don't mean it the way you think I do. But hell, what is it in Minho that can make that chick throw himself on his arms after what happened yesterday? I mean I can use it. Maybe it could work with you."

Jihye rolls her eyes, struggling to understand how Changmin still have the time and the thought to hit on her in the most important moment.

"You're unbelievable, really." She sighs as she gets off the car and waits for the couple to get closer.

"I see the talk going on really well."

Taemin smiles a little.

"So you two are back together or what?" Changmin shouts from the car.

"Kind of."

That's Changmin cue to get out of the car and race to his friend. "Really? Wow, man, what's your secret?" he has one arm around Minho, waiting for an answer.

"Oh please Minho don't tell him." Jihye pleads. "By the way, Taemin this is Changmin. You haven't officially met him yet."

"You probably know who I am. I'm pretty sure she told you a lot about me." Changmin grins to Taemin who has completely bewildered with his playfulness.

"I just know you as her stalker."

Jihye supresses her laugh, so does Minho. When Changmin is ready to strike again, Taemin saves their day by saying he has to go home before the hyungs call.

They agree to drive Taemin and Jihye home. They drop Jihye first before heading to Taemin's. The ride is fun and comfortable thanks to Changmin. Minho and Changmin are skeptical when they reach Taemin's apartment neighborhood, double check with the younger if he really lives there.

"I don't have time for this, okay? You guys can stop by tomorrow if you really want to check it out. I need to go now."

"Okay, hey" Minho grabs him by the hand. "I'll text you once I get home and see you tomorrow?"

"Sure" Taemin smiles before he get off the car. He turns around and waves a little when he's about to get in. Minho smiles and waves back.

"Wow, how did you do that?" Changmin starts once Taemin disappears from their sights.

"Do what?"

"Yesterday he was like 'I hate you Minho' and beat you up and now he is like 'Minho hyung I love you so much' I have to admit that is impressive, my brother. Well done. Now, tell me the trick!"

"If you weren't my only friend I would have left you here."

"Seriously? You wouldn't tell me even after what I've done for you? I've been there with you all this time!"

"I didn't do any trick. I would never! This is Taemin, not some girls you hit on for fun. We just talked and figured things out. I still have to make it up to him, though."

Minho has to turn around to see Changmin because he is quiet. He finds him frowing and seems to be thinking hard. "What? Why are you so quiet?"

"So, if you didn't do any tricks, then it must be your natural charms doing the work."

"Oh God, please stop."

"I am sure I have the same quality as you in terms of looks, attractiveness, charms. Why doesn't it work yet with Jihye?"

Minho groans and starts the car because he can't wait to get away from him.

 

From Minho

Are you still awake?

 

To Minho

Yeah. Doing my homework.

 

From Minho

It's getting late. You should sleep.

 

To Minho

I will, once I'm done with this :)

What are you doing?

 

From Minho

Texting you ;)

And cuddling with Eve

You should meet her asap

She's an adorable little puppy

 

To Minho

I would love to!

Btw, I gotta finish this assignment.

Talk to you tomorrow

 

From Minho

:(

but alright

What time is your class tomorrow?

I'll pick you up

 

To Minho

Nah, you don't have to but it's 9 AM

 

From Minho

Okay, I'll be there around 8?

 

To Minho

Okay :)

 

***

"Did you tell him that I'm going with you?"

"No."

"Oh, great! Now that you have your boyfriend, you ditch me right away."

"I'm not ditching you or anything. I'm sure he will be fine with you tagging along."

"Let's see. By the way, you gotta tell him that you're living with someone." Jihye nods to Dean's direction, who is still in deep slumber by the time Jihye gets there early in the morning.

"It's not a big deal, you know. It's not like I'm cheating on him with Dean."

"Have you told Jonghyun about this?"

"Oh shoot, it slipped my mind! I'll just tell him tomorrow when he's back here."

"Sounds like a good plan. What about the other hyungs?"

"I don't know. I haven't told them yet. I'm a bit nervous about it. But I -" Taemin's phone vibrated and it's Minho. "Oh, he's here. Let's go."

Jihye quickly grabs her stuff and follows Taemin out. When they get downstairs and see Minho by the door, she doesn't miss the slight changes in Minho's face whe his eyes land on her, which doesn't surprise her.

"Oh, hi Jihye, you're here."

"Yes, she's kind of crash my place every morning. You don't mind if she's coming with us, right?"

"Yeah, sure, why not. Come on, let's go."

The drive to the university is a awkward. Taemin somehow wishes Changmin is here with them so he could do his wonder and break the tension.

"Don't you have a class too?" Taemin asks.

"Not until 10"

"So both of your taking business because you're going to inherit the company, or should I say companies?" asks Jihye, obviously trying to start a light convo between them.

"You can say that. Even if we want to take other major, we can't."

"That must have ."

"Absolutely."

"But that also sounds like a secured future."

"Oh yeah, you don't have to worry about future if you marry him. Interested on him now?"

"Oh God, even if I go out with him, it won't be because of his money." Jihye defends, slightly insulted.

"So are you going out with him or not?"

"Taemin, please. Do not start."

"Why? It would be great. We can do double date sometime. What do you think Tae?"

"I think it's a good idea." Taemin agrees. "Except the part that I won't be able to join you guys?"

Minho gives him a questioning look. "Because I have to do my job."

"We can do it on the weekend."

"Taemin works on the weekend too."

"What? That's horrible. You should quit the job."

He gets silence as a response. Jihye suddenly drowns herself on her phone and Taemin just stares out of the window.

"Taemin, what about you quit the job?" he repeats.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because I need the money."

"Why are you - I mean - how are you short on money?"

"Hyung, I'm on a scholarship that doesn't have the looking-for-your-boyfriend kind of allowance."

"You're on a scholarship?" Minho couldn't be more frustrated with all the missing information about his boyfriend. "Okay, are you free this afternoon? We're gonna have a lunch together and talk about this."

"Alright."

"Great."


A new chapter, yay