chapter 15

I Hate That I can't Hate you .. !

It was about 1:00 AM ,and Ryeowook was still awake ,even though he knew that he should be asleep because they had the first meeting in Japan the next day. However ,he was too happy to sleep.

Just the fact that Ahra knew about him & Kyuhyun … was like a dream that came true for him ,even though Ahra thought that they're just dating ,it didn't matter … all that Ryeowook knew is that a member of the Cho family knew & supported them ,and for him that's the most important thing.

 

He was still lost in his thoughts ,when he felt the vibrations of his phone in his pocket ,so he took it out immediately ,and a wide smile spread on his face when he saw that it was Yesung.

 

- HYUNG ! – Ryeowook said excitedly when he picked up & he could hear Yesung's soft laugh from the other line.

- Yah ~ ! what kinda dongseng are you ?!! is Japan really that beautiful that you didn't even bother calling us ?!! – Yesung said pretending to be angry , but Wook laughed at the question.

- Mianhae ~ I was really exhausted & we go here later than we expected … but wait .. you said 'us' … is Minnie with you ?!!

- I'm here you horrible dongseng !! how could you not call ?! I was worried about you all the time – Min said when he took the phone from Yesung & Wook laughed again.

- I'm sure that Yesung hyung was enough for you ! but why are you guys together ?! are you on a date now ?! – Wook asked confused ,but his confusion grew bigger when he heard the Yesung & Min's giggles from the other line.

- Say hello to the newest couple in Seoul Wookie ! – Yesung said & Wook's eyes opened wide ,along with a HUGE smile that spread across his lips.

- ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! THIS IS AMAZING !!

- I'll tell you about the details later ,but I gotta tell you Wookie … you had a really big role in bringing us together – Min said laughing ,and despite the confusion that Wook felt ,he knew that he would find out all the details later ,so he didn't ask further.

 

They kept talking for a couple of minutes ,and Wook was really happy to hear them that excited about starting a relationship.

 

- Minnie … have you talked to Kyuhyun today ? – Wook asked suddenly ,and he could hear Min's sigh on the other line.

- I called him in the morning ,but he couldn't talk for more than few seconds before the phone call got cut off

- What do you mean ?! is he Okay ? does anything bad happened ? – Wook asked really worried & once again ,Min sighed deeply.

- He sounded a bit tired ,but he's fine Wookie … don't worry ,it's just that the connection in hospitals is really horrible – Min explained ,obviously trying to calm Wook down ,because he knew for fact that Wook would be really anxious.

- Arasso hyung … thank you … and congratulations again – Wook said tiredly ,something that broke Min's heart ,he felt the sadness in Wook's voice.

- You take care of yourself & everything will be Okay ,jus focus & don't get distracted ,I'll make sure to call you when I can … arasso ? – Min said sincerely ,and Wook's smiled gratefully.

- Arasso hyung … hug Yesung for me ,and you two be happy okay ? I don't want you to fight at all ! love you both ~

- We love you too Wookie-ah~ annyeong ~ - Min said before he hung up ,and Wook hung up too.

 

 

He threw himself back on the bed again ,part of him was thrilled for his friends ,but the other part wasn't as excited or happy at all .. as all he could imagine was Kyuhyun's sad face that he saw when he went to the hospital.

A heavy sigh left Wook's shivering lips ,as he looked at his phone screen & called Kyuhyun immediately … his heart beating faster & faster with each 'beep' he heard on the other line.

He was about to hang up the phone when no one picked up ,but  just before he remove the phone away from his ear … the other line opened.

 

 

- Hey … - Kyuhyun said in an almost inaudible voice ,but Wook still managed to hear him somehow.

- Were you sleeping ? did I wake you up ? – Wook asked in a very sorrowful tune.

- I must've fell asleep for few minutes –Kyu said & Wook felt even more horrible.

- Mianhae ~ I shouldn't have called at this hour ,it's just that … I really missed you –Wook said sincerely ,and he could catch Kyu's soft laugh from the other line.

- Yah ! stop apologizing … It's a good thing that you called because I really wanted to hear your voice – Kyu said & Wook smiled bitterly.

 

 

He knew that Kyuhyun was feeling lonely and that he needed him more than ever in this hard time , and that kinda feeling was like torture for Wook .. to know that he wasn't able to be there for Kyuhyun when he needed him was like hell !

He took a deep breath to try to push those thoughts away for the time being .. Kyuhyun sounded tired & depressed enough ,and the last thing that Wook wanted was to give Kyu harder time.

 

- I … I have some great news ! – Ryeowook said ,trying his best to brighten up the mood a little bit.

- What is it ?

- Ahra knows about us ! – Wook said excitedly ,as he waited patiently to know Kyu's reaction to such a thing

- Us … she … what do you mean she knows about us ?? like the whole relationship thing ?!! –Kyuhyun asked ,and his voice tune wasn't exactly the one that Wook imagined it to be at all … it was more like a nervous one rather than excited

- She thinks that we're dating .. she accidently saw the pics that we once took in the amusement park

- And did she say  ? did she tell you anything ?! – Kyuhyun asked rushed ,interrupting Wook from even continuing his words.

- She said that she supports us & that she wants the best for you … what should she say to me ? – Wook asked suspiciously ,and he could hear Kyuhyun's heavy sigh on the other line.

- Nothing …. Listen Wookie … I need you to avoid talking about our relationship with Ahra … please –Kyuhyun said pleading ,and Wook couldn't get any more confused now.

- What … what do you mean ? why are you this anxious Kyuhyun ? – Wook asked with a shaky voice

 

 

He had a feeling of slight dread in his heart .Something wasn't sounding or feeling right , and Kyuhyun's anxiety only made Wook even more afraid.

 

- Kyu … are you …. Are you hiding something from me ? You sound very weird .. are you Okay ?

- I'm fine – Kyuhyun sighed –Just please … please try to avoid any talk of any kind about our relationship with Ahra ,Okay ? –Kyuhyun pleaded again ,and Wook couldn't help but to obey ,he couldn't refuse.

- Arasso … - Wook answered sighing ,and he could hear Kyuhyun letting out another sigh as well.

- You know that I really miss you .. don't you ?- Kyuhyun said breaking the awkward silence that lingered for a couple of seconds ,and Wook's heart skipped a beat when he heard that.

- I know that … and I miss you too … I can't believe that you convinced me to come to Japan without you …

- You know that I hate sitting around doing nothing ,but you know that it wasn't my choice either

- How's your friend now ? Is she awake ? Is she getting better ? – Wook asked ,and for a moment ,the awkward silence came back.

 

Kyuhyun's heart sank in his chest when he heard Wook asking that .The word "friend" was more like a slap in the face form him. Making him feel even more horrible than he was already feeling.

- Kyuna … are you there ? why aren't you answering ? – Wook suddenly said when it took Kyuhyun too long to answer ,and the latter took a deep breath.

- She's fine … she didn't wake up ,but she's stable – Kyuhyun said as he tried his best to sound

- That's good news … Kyu … I have to go now ,but I'll talk to you later ,arasso ?

- Wookie … I really love you … no matter what ,you know that right ? – Kyu suddenly asked ,making Wook's eyes fill out with tears.

- I love you too … please take care of yourself Kyuna .. don't worry about anything ,I got everything under control – Wook said smiling ,although the tears were already streaming down on his cheeks. All the feelings of longing just affected him to no limit.

 

He hung up the phone & threw himself on the bed ,dunking his face In the pillow so he could cry harder without the fear of getting heard. He cried mostly because he missed Kyuhyun too much.

He kept crying ,not being able to stop … until he fell deeply asleep ,hugging the pillow hard with the little strength that's left in his after a long day.

 

Kyuhyun ,on the other hand wasn't a better case. He walked heavy steps back to Victoria's room. He took a look on Victoria from the big ,glassy window … and there she was .Sleeping like she's been in the last two years.

He walked to one of the chairs in the hallway that led to the room ,and sat down ,letting a silent sigh. Then … he was taken away in the deep train of thoughts that passed his mind.

 

**Flashbacks*1*

(A/N: There will be multiple flashbacks from now one ,and in order for you not to get confused ,I will number them ,so at the end they will make a whole story … this Flashback is number 1 that happened first)

 

- Where are you going ?!!! you can't just leave like that !! – Victoria said frightened when Kyuhyun suddenly burst out of his father's office & held her by the wrist ,then started to walk fast.

- Shhh … keep quite & let's just go – Kyuhyun said as he walked out of the house dragging Victoria with him ,not caring about the voices of his parents that kept calling him.

 

He opened the passenger's seat's door & pushed Victoria into the car ,then closed the door again forcibly ,causing a loud bang that made Victoria wince in her place. Then he got into the car as well & immediately turned it one ,ignoring Victoria's panicked expressions that settled on him the whole time.

 

-Kyuhyun … please … please don't leave your house like this –Victoria pleaded with teary eyes ,as she looked at Ahra who was rushing out of the Cho house & running towards the car.

- Nothing you can say can change my mind now … so keep the speech for yourself … I don't belong to this house anymore !- Kyuhyun said coldly as the car started moving fast. Making a quick spin until he got out of the big ,house's gate. He looked at the side mirror of the car ,and saw Ahra staring at the car slowly going further ,but he couldn't care less about her.

 

He felt extremely angry … to a point that he never felt before. The fire that built up in his chest was undeniably burning him to the core with sadness ,fear ,and anger .

But , he knew that once the car crossed the gate line … there was no turning back ….

It was all about him & his fiancé now … and no one else.

**End of Flashbacks**

 

- Mr. Cho … ? Mr. Cho ..? – Kyuhyun was brought back to reality when one of the nurses called his name as she stood in front of him. He shook his head to clear his mind from the memories ,and looked at her anticipated.

- What happened ? is she awake ? – Kyuhyun asked rushed as he got on his feet ,after he's been sitting on one of the chairs in the hallway of Victoria's room.

- I'm sorry that I disturbed you Mr. Cho ,but I've noticed that you've been staying here for three days straight … Mr. Cho … waiting here isn't going to do anything … so I saddest that yo-

- I'm staying here !- Kyuhyun said without even letting the nurse finish her words –I can't leave her here … I need to be here in a case she woke up ,but thank you for your concern –Kyuhyun said firmly & the nurse sighed. She knew for fact that trying to convince him was useless ,but she still tried. All the doctors & nurses that worked on Victoria's case knew hoe stubborn he was.

 

- As you like Mr. Cho …. I'll inform you if anything happened – The nurse said & Kyuhyun nodded for her gratefully ,before she went back to work ,while he remained sitting on the chair silently.

 

There was a bitter feeling in his heart, not only for Victoria ,but also for Ryeowook.

His heart hurt him so much to know that Wook was alone Japan. Even though Kyuhyun's own sister was with him , he knew what kinda person Wook was ,and he was sure that no matter how hard Wook tried to disguise it … he was really worried & longing for being with him.

 

 

** Few days later **

 

When Ryeowook agreed to go on the Japan trip ,he knew that it wouldn't be something easy. He also knew that it would be a great responsibility to be one of the people that witness the meetings of the most important companies in Seoul & Tokyo.

But what he didn't knew .. is that HOW exhausted would that leave him.

 

Going on that trip was one of the hardest things Ryeowook has ever done. He barely slept at all as he woke up really early in the morning ,preparing for the next meeting ,and he would come back really late after having a late meal with the co-workers that accompanied them.

 

He was so busy with the work that he never actually got the chance to speak to Kyuhyun once more ,and that killed him so much. However ,he knew that working this hard woud mean the world to his boyfriend … so he never complained. All Wook really wanted is to see Kyuhyun happy & smiling again.

 

I t was already about 9:00 P.M ,and he went back to the hotel with Ahra & a couple of two employees.

 

- Ah ~ I'm really hungry !! Can you believe that we haven't eaten anything since breakfast ?- Tiffany said as she looked at her wrist watch.

- Tell me about it ! those Japanese guys talk A LOT !! – Sungyu added wgining ,which made the other laugh.

- Let's go & put the files in our rooms then we'll all meet in the restaurant ? – Ahra said & Ryeowook nodded smiling.

- I saw an awesome nightclub on the way here ! I wanna go check it out !! –Sungyu said & Tiffany slapped him slightly on the shoulder – Ah !! WAE ?!! –Sungyu said almost yelling as he rubbed the abused area

- You deserve it !! – Ahra said laughing ,and the others started laughing again as well.

 

Once again ,Ryeowook got fascinated by Ahra's personality. And once again he couldn't believe that she was actually working on the behalf of Kyuhyun !

She didn't even seem like a manager to the other employees … she was more like a friend ,or a colleague that everyone liked & trusted. Which is completely opposite to Kyuhyun that scared everyone just by the mention of his name.

 

- You better not be drunk tomorrow ! it will be an extremely important meeting – Ahra said to Sungyu who just nodded & waved to them before taking a taxi.

- I'm bored of the hotel restaurant's food ,I would like to try something else ! do you wanna go with me to a restaurant ? –Tiffany asked both Wook & Ahra ,who looked at each other.

- I'm too tired to go .. maybe another day – Ryeowook apologized smiling

- Me too … we'll all go another day – Ahra also said & Wook looked at her confused.

- Arasso … I'll see you tomorrow .. good night ! –Tiffany said as she also left the hotel area walking.

 

 

Ryeowook and Ahra entered the hotel with an awkward silence surrounding them , a kinda awkwardness that Wook hated & didn't know where it came from ,since him and Ahra were a bit less formal with each other.

He wanted to talk to her & getting to know her even more ,and he wanted to tell her about him & Kyuhyun ,but after Kyuhyun warned him … these wishes remained as they were …. Wishes !

 

- Let's meet in the restaurant in a half an hour , arasso ? – Ahra suggested when they both arrived at their rooms' doors ,and Wook couldn't refuse ,so he nodded simply before going into his room.

He threw the file case he was holding on the bed & got immediately into the bathroom. He took a warm shower to relax a little bit ,then got out & dressed in some casual clothes before fixing his hair & going to the restaurant.

He looked around & realized that Ahra wasn't there yet ,so he chose a random table & took his seat , and just after few minutes ,Ahra arrived.

 

- Did you order already ? – Ahra asked as soon as she approached the table ,and Wook shook his head.

- I was waiting for you – Wook said smiling & Ahra let out a small laugh.

 

Both of them ordered what they wanted ,and in few minutes their meals were ready. They were eating & chatting about this & that ..

 

- How long have you and Kyu been dating ? – Ahra asked ,and Ryeowook almost chock with the bite he was chewing.

- N- not so long – Wook answered as he tried to disguise his nerves.

- Ummm .. I'm not really buying that !! – Ahra said smirking … and this time Wook started coughing when he saw that smirk.

 

"So … she's REALLY Kyuhyun's sister !!! " Ryeowook though sarcastically when his eyes landed on Ahra's smirk … which was very similar to Kyu's famous ,evil one.

 

- No really not a very long ago … -Wook insisted again ,and he could feel that Ahra gave up as she smiled

- I really don't know anything about you two … like who was the one who started this whole thing ?

- Kyuhyun did that out of the blue …. I wasn't even looking for a relationship when he shocked me with his confession one day – Wook said looking down .He could feel his cheeks becoming warmer ,and he could hear Ahra's giggle

- THIS … I believe you … that's Kyu's style in dating ,freaking the people he likes out with his surprise confessions – Ahra said ,and Wook raised his head & looked at her confused.

- Like … who else ? – Wook asked narrowing his eyes . Ahra was about to answer … when her phone started ringing.

- Let me get this quickly – Ahra said as she took the phone out of her pocket ,and Wook could see the change of expressions in her face when she read the caller's name ,as she suddenly had a very serious face.

 

- Ne umma ? ….. No I haven't ,why ? ………. WHAT ?!! WHEN ?? …… AH~ Fine fine …. Ahng up … I'll try to reach for him ! Arasso .."

 

Wook watched nervously the scared expressions on Ahra's face. A feeling of dread invaded his heart when he felt that the one she was talking about was no other than Kyuhyun.

 

- Noona ,what happened ? – Wook asked nervously when Ahra hung up with her mom & started dialing another number.

- Victoria's condition got really worse today …. And since then Kyuhyun has been missing – Ahra explained as she dialed a number really quickly –Aaaah~ he's not answering ! – She said with an annoyed tune.

- Vitoria …. You mean that girl in the hospital ? What happened to her ?!! – Wook asked worried

- The doctor called my mother & informed her about Victoria's condition … he told her that Kyuhyun left the hospital crying & since then my mom has been trying to reach his phone … she asked me to call him in the hope that he might answer my number

 

Ryeowook's heart sank in fear when he heard Ahra saying that. Millions of thoughts & expectations crossed his mind in those short moment ,and NONE of those thoughts was good.

If Ryeowook learned anything from his two-months relationship with Kyuhyun ,it would be that Kyuhyun was never the type of person that you could predict his acts ,or reactions … and that was the thing that Wook hated the most.

Ryeowook hated feeling helpless … he hated to feel unable to help Kyuhyun in his hard times.

 

His heart was beating so fast due to the fear in his chest … all he could think about was Kyuhyun's red face & swollen eyes … the scene that broke Wook's heart to million pieces.

 

- Ryeowook-ah~ … try to call him ,please ! maybe he will pick up when he sees our number !- Ahra said suddenly ,bringing Wook back to reality.

 

He nodded frantically as he put his hand on his pocket ,just to realize that it wasn't there.

- I must've left it in my room … I'll go call him … you just calm down noona ,okay ?- Ryeowook said as he quickly got on his feet & patted on Ahra's shoulder lightly .Ahra nodded & Ryeowook left her sitting alone as he ran out of the restaurant & went straight to the elevator.

 

He burst into his room & went to the bed … indeed, his phone was there beside the files.

His heart skipped a beat with each 'beep' passing & Kyuhyun wasn't picking up.

 

"Please Kyu pick up … pick up … pick up …" Wook begged whispering as he kept his eyes shut, and just in that moment …. The other line opened.

 

- KYUNA ?? CHO KYUHYUN ?? – Wook said rushed with a shaky voice .There was a lot of noise on the other line … and he could hear some loud music.

- Ryeowookieeee ~ - Kyuhyun said on the other line … it was as clear as day that he was drunk

- YAH ~ are you in a night club ?!! do you know how freaking crazy you're driving us ?!!! –Wook said frustrated as tears started to fill his eyes.

 

His tears were mixed tears. Tears of relief to hear the voice of his lover ,tears of sorrow … because he wished to be with Kyuhyun ,and tears of an endless fear that Wook had & never knew what was the cause of it !

 

- Mianhae … I screwed up again … - Kyuhyun suddenly said ,and Wook opened his eyes wide confused.

- What did you do ? why are you apologizing ?! –Wook asked hesitated … as if he never really wanted to know the answer.

- I always screw up … that's what I do … didn't I ruin your life from the first day you started working for me ?! –Kyuhyun stuttered with difficulty … he was obviously too drunk .Drunk to a point that Wook was actually surprised that Kyu could even talk ! There was no doubt … the guy can drink !!!

- Stop blathering nonsense Kyuna … you didn't ruin my life … you made it beautiful you babo !

- So .. you are … you won't … go … l-leave me ?!! –Kyuhyun asked stuttering even more

- I'm not leaving you Kyuna … never ! it's just few days & I'll be back … now just be strong ,arasso ?! your friend will be okay – Wook said trying to comfort his boyfriend ,and just in that moment … he could hear a sob on the other line –Kyuna ! are you crying !?! – Wook asked frightened.

- Vitoria also once said that she won't leave me … but she is leaving … isn't that funny ?!- Kyuhyun said letting out a broken sob that mixed with a bitter laugh … however ,Ryeowook froze …

- Vic … Victoria … you mean your … your friend ,right ? she's your FRIEND ?!! –Wook asked as now tears started rolling down his cheeks unconsciously.

 

Another bitter laugh escaped Kyuhyun … a laugh that scared Wook to no end. A laugh that made the rising fear build up in his heart even more ,as he silently prayed that it was all a dream.

 

- Ryeowook-ah ~ did I tell you that you're cute when you're naïve ?!! – Kyuhyun asked crying … and that one question … was the breaking point to Ryeowook ..

 

He broke down …

 

Every single bit of strength he's been keeping was gone .. and he sat on the bed with red ,swollen eyes that were open wide.

He wanted to hang up the phone so badly ,but he couldn't . He couldn't let at least Ahra down after all the nice treatment  he received from her .. so he took a deep breath ,and opened his mouth to talk …

 

- If me & her were friends … then you and me would be strangers – Kyuhyun said still crying ,he was obviously talking about Victoria. These words were just like daggers that been stabbed in Wook's heart.

- K-Kyuna …. I .. I'll call … I'll call Minnie to come pick you up ,just give the phone to the nearest person to you ,please – Wook managed to say ,trying his best to breath right in order not to let any sob escape

 

- Yeoboseyeo ? – A strange voice came up suddenly on the phone

- Sir … do you mind please giving me the address of the club you're in right now ? I wanna send someone to go pick up my friend ? – Ryeowook said ,and the man gave him the number.

 

Ryeowook hung up the phone as his hand wouldn't stop shaking not even for one second.

He dialed Sungmin's number ,and it only took few seconds before he picked up.

 

- Wookie !! – Min said happily ,and Wook's heart broke even further … but he closed his eyes & took a deep breath in order not to let Min hear his shaky voice.

- Minnie … I need a favor ….

 

 

Ahra became more & more anxious when it took Ryeowook so long ,so she just went to his room quickly. She knocked on the door a couple of times & her anxiety grew bigger when there was no response. She was about to knock once more ,when the door suddenly opened.

 

Ryeowook's face was as red as a tomato ,and his eyes were soaked with tears … Ahra's heart skipped a beat when she saw him in that state.

 

- W- what happened ? is Kyuna Okay ?!! what happened with him ??! – She asked freaked out & Wook wiped away his tears with the back of his hand then opened the door of his room more ,gesturing for Ahra to enter. She hesitated a little, but since she knew what kinda person Wook was & how kind & polite he is … she did.

 

- Kyu is fine .. he's drunk & I sent a friend of mine to pick him up from the club he's in …. He will be just fine – Wook said as he took a seat on one of the two chairs in the room ,while Ahra sat on the other one & sighed in relief.

- Thank God … then … why are you …. – Ahra tried to ask.

- That Victoria girl … what is she to Kyuhyun ? – Wook asked ,taking shallow breaths in order not to break down once more.

- What ?

- She's not Kyuhyun's 'friend' is she ? – Wook asked again ,his voice more bitter than ever …

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

 

Hey :D !!

Here you go ^^ a quick , LONG chapter ^_^ ~

Even though I feel that you guys hate mo now for ending it like this ><" !!!

 

Please forgive me for any typos or grammatical mistakes ,I was so focused on finishing it today that I didn't have time to check it once more ^^" hehehe !!

 

Comments & subscribes are greatly appreciated ^_^ !

Thanks to all the new subscribers <3 I love you guys !