Second Encounter

One's Misfortune

Woohyun's Perspective.

"Why, Woohyun, don't you look dashing today?" the shrill voice released a ridiculously loud laugh, one that Woohyun knew all too well. He clenched his fist, raising it in feigned anger. "Yah, come here, Lee Sungyeol!" he yelled and attempted to grab the boy by the neck.

Sungyeol let out a screech of some sort, running behind his boyfriend for protection. "Myung, he's threatening me!"

Woohyun could only roll his eyes at how absurd the situation was. Sungyeol was the older one in his relationship, not to mention that he was certainly the taller one of the two. He snorted and signalled Hoya to wheel him away, sick to his stomach after hearing the overly affectionate couple whisper 'loving' insults at each other. Somewhere above him, there was a small grunt. Woohyun strained to crane his neck at the sound, wincing slightly because that certainly wasn't the best idea, especially with a sprained right arm and a fractured leg. 

"Yah, it's just me. Don't you remember what the doctor said? No sudden movements, got that?" the boy kneeled beside him with a worried frown. The brown haired boy sighed and reluctantly nodded. "Sorry for bothering you, Hoya. I know you have better things to do then push me around in this stupid wheel chair." 

His friend offered a reassuring grin, tilting his head to the side, his reddish-brown hair glistening in the sunlight. Woohyun let out a shaky laugh, gripping onto the blanket that was wrapped around his legs with his free hand. "Uhm, can I tell you something?" 

"What is it, hyung?" Sungjong's squeaky voice piped up, rushing to kneel beside Hoya.

Woohyun glanced at the four faces with a warm smile. "You know, it has been a week since I've last went to school-"

"Actually, it's has only been six days because it's only Sunday and -" Sungyeol's lips were immediatedly covered by a hand, Myungsoo's hand to be exact. 

"Shh. Let hyung finish." he murmured, wrapping his arms around the pouting choding's waist. Woohyun shot him a grateful smile, clearing his throat to gather the attention of his friends once again. 

"I . . . decided that I'll go to school again." he nodded proudly, gesturing to himself as if he had made a huge contribution to the community. 

"Does that mean you're done plotting revenge?" the youngest of them, Sungjong, narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the older.

Woohyun's eyes went wide. "What? How did you - I mean, just what are you implying?" he blurted out.

"Oh, please, hyung," the choding answered instead, "we all know how you've been re-reading that damn note over and over again when you think none of us are watching you. Heck, I even think you took a picture of it with your phone!"

"I . . . - this isn't what it looks like!" the brown haired boy flushed, averting his eyes to stare at the carpet. 

Hoya sighed, somehow feeling pitiful for his friend. "That's enough guys, we don't want to stress him anymore than he already is."

"What stress?" Sungyeol snorted, folding his arms over his chest. "He's been staying home, watching and eating whenever he wants. Hyung's a pig, right Myung?" the tall boy turned to his boyfriend, who nodded absentmindedly,  seemly more interested in the way Sungyeol talked, instead of what he was saying. Woohyun nearly shuddered at this. Must keep cool, he reminded himself.

"And, not to mention, the note thing that 'KSG' gave him." the maknae added.

Woohyun scoffed. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's 'K.SG', not just 'KSG'." 

"Whatever, I mean, what is that even suppose to mean, huh? 'Killing StranGers'?" Sungyeol jeered.

The boy wanted to strangle the stupid choding and his words. "That doesn't even make sense!"

His friend merely snorted, strutting off to Woohyun's bedroom without another word. He came back with a scrunched paper in his hand, a defined smirk on his face. "Well, let's see what we have here." he flattened out the paper and smacked his lips together for extra effect.

Woohyun could only glower at him. "Don't. You. Freaking. Dare." Before he knew it, the words he knew all too well came out.

 

"Dear the boy named 'Namu',

I'm very sorry for pushing you down the stairs. 

May we never meet again. 

- K.SG."

 

"Wow, that was  . . . weird." Hoya shook his head, unable to believe his ears, though he read the note a few times already. "Now I know why you want revenge."

"I'm not plotting revenge, okay? I just despise him for just leaving me there!" Woohyun yelled in a thick voice.

Suddenly, there were four pairs of remorseful eyes on him. "Sure, sure, you don't need to hide it, Namu."

 

Sunggyu's Persepective.  

"Hyung. . . please stop, you're acting weird." Dongwoo shot his friend a unpleasant look, making sure he was least a fair distance away from him. Sunggyu glanced at the retreating boy in alarm. He quickly rushed over and attached himself to the dino's flailing arms.

"No, don't leave me alone!" he released a pathetic whimper, trying to hide himself behind him. 

Dongwoo sighed and tried to twist around, only to catch a glimsp of Sunggyu's flaming red hair before being pushed forward again. "I can't believe you're the first rank student in our school." he groaned slightly. 

"Excuse me?" the boy straightened himself up, brushing the imaginary dirt off his blazer. "Now what do you say, huh, Dongwoo?"

"Real mature, hyung." he rolled his eyes, plain sarcasm etched in his voice. "Seriously, what's the chance of meeting that boy again? I mean, I'm pretty sick and tired of hiding in the corner of the cafeteria just to find that the guy ditched lunch or whatever he has been doing this past week."

Sunggyu puffed his cheeks up, squinting at his friend with the clear intention of complaining again. "Jang Dongwoo, are you trying to say that you don't care about my safety anymore?"

"What? No! Don't just put words into my mouth!" Dongwoo shook his head with a low whine.

His friend huffed loudly, turning his face to the side in a fit. "Well, they're obviously true words!" 

"Ugh, fine, hyung. You win, I'm sorry. I'll be by your side 24/7 then." as always, Dongwoo gave in because a argument with Sunggyu was never going to end well. "Now, can we get lunch already?" he raised a brow, gesturing to the door standing before them. 

Sunggyu nodded in approval, flashing a small smile. "Um, can you go -"

"I'll go first, I know, hyung." he tapped the side of his forehead, his blond bangs brushing just over his smiling eyes. Dongwoo slowly opened the door, wide enough for him and Sunggyu to fit through. He held the door open, beckoning his friend forward.

"You know me too well." Sunggyu murmured, following after the boy. 

"I'm not your best friend for nothing, Gyu hyung." Dongwoo chuckled. "Are we sitting in the usual?"

The said boy nodded and crept to the table in the far corner of the cafeteria while the other went off to purchase their food. 

All of a sudden, loud squeals erupted which, of course, perked up Sunggyu's curiosity. He stood up and tilted his head as he approached the crowd at the door that he had been through just moments before. There was a large majority of people that gathered at the entrance, which was weird for the usually quiet cafeteria. There were a awful number of girls (maybe even a few guys, who knows?) screaming out stuff like, "OPPA! YOU'RE FINALLY BACK" and, "WE MISSED YOU, OPPA". Sunggyu could swear that they were competing to see who could scream the loudest. 

"Hyung, what are you doing there?" Sunggyu whipped around to see Dongwoo right next to him, holding onto two trays filled with all kinds of food. The boy merely shrugged, taking the tray with strawberry milk into his hands. His friend let out a laugh and shook his head. Sunggyu threw a glare at him, forcing the tray back into Dongwoo's free hand. 

"I'll just take this for now." he scoffed, snatching the bottle and gulping down a mouthful of his favourite flavoured milk.

Sunggyu his lips, then lowered the bottle when he heard a gasp. "Y-YOU!" 

The red haired boy blinked, raising his eyes and instinctively connecting them with a familiar boy with wide eyes. He too let out a gasp, and pointed at him. "I-IT'S YOU!"

- - -

so sorry for the late chapter. I guess I've been neglecting my stories for too long. honestly, i felt like this chapter wasn't written well, but I can't afford to leave you guys hanging for too long. I'd think say the next chapter will be the end of this story. thank you so much, I hope I didn't disappoint you guys.

p.s. infinite's comeback soon. <3 destiny. ; u ;

( edited brieftly. my apologies, once again. )