Third Time's the Charm

One's Misfortune

Woohyun's Perspective.

"No," the boy replied with a sigh, "Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu." 

Woohyun blinked and tilted his head in slight confusion as he processed this. Huh? Kim Sunggyu? Where have I heard that name before? He furrowed his brows in confusion, racking his brains nervously. Sunggyu. Red headed. K.SG. He gasped softly when the memories of the incident flooded back.

Woohyun inhaled slowly before focusing his eyes on the back of the male's head in disbelief. "W-What? You're joking, right?" 

". . . No, it's the truth." Sunggyu murmured softly, keeping his head faced forward. 

The dark-haired boy swallowed the lump in his throat before he managed to speak in a strained voice; "Put me down." 

Sunggyu ignored him and continued to walk forward in silence. Woohyun furrowed his brows as he watched the boy peer around the area cautiously as they crossed the hallway to a back door.

The dark haired male frowned, feeling displeased at the elder's actions. "Yah, I told you to put me down, you jerk!" he hissed and slapped Sunggyu's back harshly. 

Sunggyu winced and stumbled forward, "Woohyun-ssi, please stop that." 

"Put me down first!" Woohyun retorted sourly.

"But you're not wearing anything on your upper half." the red-haired boy murmured, sounding somewhat flustered.

"So what? I don't care just as long as I'm away from you."

Sunggyu went silent for a couple of minutes before he shrugged carelessly. "Fine, whatever you say." He walked straight out the back door and towards a couple of wooden benches. The elder boy was careful to avoid Woohyun's gaze as he kneeled down.

"Thanks." Woohyun mumbled as he climbed off the boy rather reluctantly. He fiddled with his thumbs, finding the bench beneath him to be quite uncomfortable compared to his much needed wheelchair.

The red-haired boy merely nodded and just stood there with his head turned away. He cleared his throat awkwardly after a moment or two. "Well, I guess I'll get going now." He waved at the younger boy in a dismissive manner before heading back into the school.

Woohyun sat there with a blank look on his face as his eyes followed the figure. He was certainly dishearten that Sunggyu seemed to have left without another thought. "I don't care. I don't need him." he muttered darkly, finally tearing his gaze away. He didn't want to admit that he had high hopes for the boy to turn back around for him. 

Woohyun remained seated there for another couple of minutes, shirtless and shivering. He had tried not to let his fractured leg touch the grass below, though there was a cast around it. The boy finally decided to pull out his phone and sending each and every one of his friends a cry for help. He pocketed the device with a sigh. Not one of his friends seem to be answering his texts.

"Oppa! I finally found you!" a high pitched voice squealed.

The boy abruptly glanced up in alarm. He spotted a rather short girl with two child-like ponytails. She had her skirt well above the knees with a set of high knee socks. Woohyun cringed and unconsciously backed up against the far edge of the bench. 

"Who are you?" he managed to bark out in uncertainty as the girl crept closer with a grin that can match one from a e's.

"Your girlfriend, of course!" she beamed, flipping her hair in what she deems as attractive.

"W-What? I don't have a girlfriend! And I certainly don't need one." he glared at her before politely gesturing behind the girl. "Please leave me alone. The exit is right over there. Good day."

She merely flashed one hell of a creepy grin before hovering over him with one hand forcing him down. "Oppa, there's only me in your life, right? You love me. I'm the destined one for you." she purred while tracing a finger all over Woohyun's exposed chest. 

"S-Stop, I can sue you for ual harassment!" he whimpered and swatted her hand away

The girl pouted, obviously disappointed at the lack of response. "But oppa . .  ." she whined.

"What's going on?"

Woohyun flickered his eyes over to see Sunggyu strolling in with a wheelchair in front of him. Sunggyu had narrowed eyes as he crossed his arms, a look of betrayal adorned on his face.

"S-Sunggyu!" Woohyun reached out for the boy, desperately trying to escape from beneath the girl.

The elder boy glanced at the male for a moment before turning to glare at the girl. "Get off of him." he barked.

"Why? He's my boyfriend!" she huffed but straightened up nevertheless.

Sunggyu casted a questioning look at Woohyun, who shook his head frantically. "Well, Woohyun doesn't seem to think so." the red-haired boy pointed out bluntly.

"I don't care! He's mine and mine only!"

Sunggyu groaned and shook his head with a groan. "Look, lady, I'm sure Woohyun likes someone other than you."

"I do!" Woohyun added, dramatically throwing his arms in the air. "I just hope my baby isn't jealous."

The girl took a step back with a look of horror. "W-Who is it?"

Woohyun raised his chin, scoffing loudly. "Why should I tell you, you ert?"

She stared at him for a moment. "You're lying, aren't you oppa?"

"He's not." Sunggyu cut in as he casually went to stand next to the dark-haired boy. He nudged the other against the hip, urging him to scoot over. "Let me sit too." he complained. 

Woohyun threw him a look of confusion before slowly sliding closer to the edge of the bench. "Sit over here, hyung."

The girl watched the exchange with wide eyes. "O-Oppa, you can't possibly be . . . g-gay?"

"W-What?" the dark-haired male felt all eyes on him as he flushed a darker shade of red. "You're nuts!"

The female rubbed her neck, laughing sheepishly. "You're right, I must've been out of my -"

"We're together." Sunggyu wrapped a arm around the boy's waist, pulling him closer.

All was silent. The girl was too astonished to speak, while Woohyun sat there as still as a statue, blushing like crazy. He could feel his heartbeat increase by a mile at the touch, though he had no idea why. 

"I-I don't believe it!" she finally spoke in a slightly hoarse voice.

"I'll kiss him if you want proof." the older boy shrugged and used his free hand to lift Woohyun's chin up. Sunggyu leaned closer and closer, his lips were just an inch from the other's. Woohyun could practically feel the strawberry-scented breath on him.

"N-No!" The both of them froze as she dashed away, sobbing loudly.

"Sorry about that, it was the only thing I could think of." Sunggyu murmured a apology, oblivious that his breath still ghosting over the boy's lips.

Woohyun averted his gaze and leaned back. "You can let me go now." 

"Right." Sunggyu nodded sheepishly and slowly detached himself from the younger male. He stood up with a stifled yawn before turning away.

"W-Wait!" the dark-haired boy hastily grabbed a hold of the elder's arm and glanced at him with eyes filled with fear. "Don't leave!"

Sunggyu cocked his head to the side, smiling softly as he ruffled the boy's hair. "I'm not leaving, Woohyun." 

However, the boy had just shook his head stubbornly, clearly refusing to release his grasp on the older male.

"Yah, if it makes you feel better, I'll give you my student card to ensure that I'll stay." Sunggyu chuckled and fished around his wallet for the very card that is in charge of giving him his food at the cafeteria. He handed it to Woohyun who immediately examined it with a wide grin. 

"You're handsome here." he murmured shyly as he pointed at a picture of a scowling hamster with hair much brighter than usual.

"What? Aren't I always?" Sunggyu joked as he gestured to himself without much confidence.

"Well, you're much more cuter than handsome." Woohyun nodded and stared at his hyung with more intensity than needed.

"I seriously swear that you were as fragile as a girl just one moment ago." the boy groaned, hiding his face with his hands.

Woohyun snorted sarcastically. "What a nice way to ruin the moment."  

"What moment? We have none." he retorted. "Now put this on, for god's sake." Sunggyu threw him his blazer that he had previously discarded. 

Woohyun grew silent as he shrugged on the blazer. "That moment."

The older boy sighed and bent down to fix the crooked piece of clothing. When he was satisfied with how it looked on the younger male, he straightened up and reached out to pull the wheelchair towards them. "Hop on." 

Woohyun stared at the transportation with a bitter grimace. He bit his bottom lip and shook his head as he focused his gaze on the other. "I can't."

Sunggyu furrowed his brows quizzically before realisation dawned and he literally face palmed himself. "Ah, sorry. Let me help you." He kneeled down with a soft grunt. Woohyun reached out automatically, loosely wrapping his free arm around the elder's neck. Once secured, Sunggyu lifted Woohyun up, successfully catching both of his legs. 

He was about to settle the boy on the wheelchair but a pleading voice prevented him from doing so. "Hyung, can you carry me like this instead? You're much more comfortable." Woohyun whispered against the crook of Sunggyu's neck.

The red-haired boy paused before uttering out in a wobbly voice; "Fine, but that's just going to increase the amount of work I have to do."

"It's the least I can do for my revenge."

 

Sunggyu's Perspective

Sunggyu gritted his teeth as the sound of his phone went off. With both hands occupied, he had no choice but to ask Woohyun for help. "Sure, hyung, I'll get it for you." the boy said in a sickeningly sweet voice as he patted the pockets of Sunggyu's blazer. 

He slipped his hand into the one of the pockets and pulled out a phone. Without handing it to the owner of the device, he flipped it open and pressed it against his ear. "Hello? Mhm, yeah. He's right here."

Sunggyu strained to catch the faint words from the phone but it was no use. He gave up with a huff and proceeded to head to the park, the place where Myungsoo and Dongwoo had told him to go to earlier. "Yeah, alright. See you soon." Woohyun finally ended the call.

"Well?" the older boy turned his head to throw a glance at the other. "What did he say?"

"He told me to say - hey wait, how do you that it's a boy?" Woohyun narrowed his eyes in suspicion. 

"The only other person who would call me in school is none other than Dongwoo, who else?" Sunggyu scoffed. "My parents know better than to call during the middle of school!" 

"It's still break though." the dark-haired boy mumbled in slight embarrassment as he pressed his cheek to Sunggyu's back.

The older boy chuckled. "You can be really cute sometimes."

"Sometimes? How about always?" Woohyun pouted and started tracing random shapes on the boy's back with his finger.

"We'll see about that over time." Sunggyu managed to stifle his laughter as he jerked a little at the touch. He paused for a moment before asking in a curious voice. "What are you drawing there?"

Woohyun hesitated before opening his mouth to answer. ". . . What do you think I'm drawing?"

The red-haired boy groaned and shook his head. He was tempted to throw both hands in the air but with Woohyun still on his back, he decided it would be better if he suppressed the urge. "I don't know. It just seems like a mess of shapes."

"I'll draw it out for you someday." the dark-haired boy mused.

"Fine, whatever. You should at least tell me what Dongwoo said on the phone." Sunggyu grumbled, with a small pout.

"How do you feel about just a little more walking?" Woohyun grinned.

"How about no?" the older boy replied curtly.

"What?" the latter sounded discouraged. "You don't have a choice, you still owe me."

"Owe you what?" Sunggyu raised his voice a octave louder.

"A lot of things, okay. I didn't choose to fall down the stairs!" Woohyun yelled, gaining oblivious stares from those around them.

"I saved your earlier, I don't owe you anything," the older boy whispered in a dangerously low voice.

Woohyun sighed, muttering some incoherent words under his breath. "Sunggyu, can you just -" he took a steady breath before continuing in a relatively small voice, "Just put me down."

Sunggyu glanced over his shoulder with a look of utter confusion. "What? Why?"

"I don't need your help."

He sighed. "Not this again, Woohyun -"

"Put me down." 

With another sigh of defeat, Sunggyu bent down and allowed the boy to slid off his back. He turned around and tried to help Woohyun into the wheelchair but he was merely brushed away. 

"What's your damn problem?" his small eyes flashed as he kicked the ground in frustration.

"Go away, I can deal with this myself." Woohyun growled and shifted to the left, bending a little over the armrest. He pushed himself forward, using his left hand to rotate the wheel. The boy winced at the jolts of pain ran up his arm.

"What the hell are you doing? Stop!" Sunggyu glared at him as he instinctively stopped the boy in his path.

Woohyun tore his arm away. "What's the point? You clearly stated that you didn't want anything to do with me."

"I didn't say that," the red haired boy ran a hand through his hair, blowing air into his cheeks in annoyance.

Woohyun stared at him, momentarily dazed at the sudden cuteness of Sunggyu's. "Then what, Sunggyu? What did you say?" he tore his eyes away from the older boy.

"I don't want to do it just because I owe you." Sunggyu sighed and bent down in front of the younger male, taking Woohyun's hand in his own. "I want to do it because I . . . I care for you." he finished, cheeks reddening in embarrassment. 

Woohyun couldn't help the smile that threatened to take over. "But Sunggyu, you -"

"Yes, my dongsaeng." the older boy hinted as he pointed at himself with a look of expectation.

"I mean, but Sunggyu hyung, I clearly remember you saying 'no'." 

The said boy cleared his throat and stood up abruptly. "What? I said no such thing," he denied while shaking his head.

"Sure, sure, hyung." Woohyun purred as he pulled the boy onto his lap, instantly gaining (flustered) whines of protest.

He wrapped his free arm around Sunggyu's slim waist and smirked. "I'm stronger than you think, hyung, so I can assure you that you may sit on my lap whenever you need the rest."

"If you're so strong, I'll just assume that you have the strength to carry yourself, Nam Woohyun!" Sunggyu huffed and managed to break out of the boy's hold. He started stomping away, ignoring the fact that his heart was racing away in his chest.

"Sunggyu hyung," Woohyun called after him in a amused voice, "you're going the wrong way, sweetheart." 

--

About an hour later, Sunggyu found himself standing in the middle of a massive living room, completely surrounded by the epitome of evil. He stared at the boy with wide eyes as he crept closer with a malicious grin on his face.

"What do you want us to do to him, Woohyun hyung?" the choding towered over him with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "We have ropes, masking tape and who can forget the fly swatter?" Sungyeol announced as he pulled out a red fly swatter, seemly out of thin air. 

Sunggyu eyed the thing in distaste. "I swear if that has any guts on it. . ." he trailed off, expression darkening as the younger boy pulled out yet another fly swatter, white in colour with bits of black covering it. 

"You were saying?" he sang, ing the white fly swatter in front of Sunggyu's face, earning a high-pitch yelp from the elder.

"That's enough, Yeol," Myungsoo stepped in and gave the taller boy a gentle push.

Sungyeol pouted but lowered the 'weapon' down rather reluctantly. "What? Have you already fallen for this hamster, Myung?"

Myungsoo's eyes widen and he immediately shook his head just as Woohyun (and with the help of the grumbling maknae) pushed himself to Sunggyu's side. 

"Hyung! You can't fall in love with Myungsoo, okay? It's forbidden! I won't allow it!" he yelled out in a panic, possessively wrapping his good arm around Sunggyu's waist. 

Sunggyu blushed and scrambled away from Woohyun. "I'm not going to fall in love with him, sheesh!"

The dark haired boy pouted and allowed his arm to drop in rejection. "You could be lying."

"What are you, my mum?" Sunggyu scoffed but immediately regretted it when Woohyun gave him that 'kicked-puppy' look.

"I-I like someone else." he mumbled.

If anything, Woohyun's expression seemed to have downgraded a notch. He stared at Sunggyu with wide eyes, mouth opening and closing speechlessly.

"Who is it, hyung?" Sungjong asked for the sake of the dishearten boy before him.

"What? I'm not telling you!" Sunggyu exploded, throwing a glare that left the maknae cowering behind the wheelchair. 

"Fine, fine, you don't have to tell us," he raised both arms in surrender.

Woohyun, however, just shook his head with a whine. "No, just tell me!" 

Sunggyu shot him a dry look and merely turned his head away. The younger boy groaned and ran a hand through his hair in clear frustration. He signalled Sungjong to wheel him to his room, having exhausted himself over the argument. The younger boy sighed but complied without another word. He gripped onto the handles and with a last judging look, he pushed Woohyun into his room, making sure to shut the door behind him.

The three boys were silent as the door slammed shut. Sungyeol scratched his head and glanced at Sunggyu awkwardly. "So, you don't like my boyfriend?"

Sunggyu twisted his gaze on the taller boy, gaping at him as if he had two heads or something. "You have a boyfriend?"

Myungsoo deadpanned. "Uh, yeah - me."

Sunggyu wanted to slap himself for not realising earlier. "So, you guys are really dating?"

"For three years and running," he replied in a tone that could only be matter-of-factly. Sungyeol nodded along, casually slipping his arm over Myungsoo's shoulder.

Sunggyu reddened at the sight, stepping back unconsciously. This was certainly the first time he has ever experienced a situation such as this. 

"Hey guys, did Sunggyu and Woohyun hyung arrive yet?"

The older boy flickered his gaze onto the newcomers with a look of relief. He was starting to thank the heavens for helping him in this awkward situation, but as always, it was always too early to celebrate. His eyes widen once more as Dongwoo came waltzing in, hand in hand with the same boy from before. 

"Oh, about time, Hoya." Sungyeol scoffed, clapping his hands sarcastically as he eyed the two.

"What? I was just treating Dongwoo's hands." the boy raised his and Dongwoo's intertwined fingers. 

His friend nodded cheerfully before finally spotting Sunggyu, who was standing in the centre of the room, with a unnaturally pale face that could match a ghost's.

"Hyung!" he exclaimed happily and sprinted over to the older boy.

Sunggyu seemed to have snapped out of his daze as he leaned closer to whisper in a rushed voice. "Yah, Dongwoo, what the hell is going on? Why is everybody dating each other?"

Dongwoo flushed. "Huh? Me and Hoya aren't dating!" he exclaimed rather loudly.

"Yeah, We aren't dating yet," Hoya called out with a smirk.

As if on cue, Sungjong came running out of Woohyun's room with a look of panic. "Hyung! Woohyun's running a fever!"

Sunggyu furrowed his brows and ran to the boy's room without another word. "One of you get a bowl of cool water and a clean towel, I'll take care of him." he yelled out before slipping into the room, leaving the five other's dumbfounded. 

Sunggyu stood at the door, staring at the bundle of blankets on the bed. "Yah, Woohyun-ah, you idiot."

The sick boy groaned and weakly pulled the blankets away from his face. "Why are you here?"

"Can't I be?" the red haired boy found himself moving towards the boy, watching his every movement.

"No, get out, hyung," Woohyun covered his face with the blankets again, muffling the next few words. "I feel like ."

Sunggyu reached down and forcefully removed the blanket. "You look like sh-" 

"Don't, Sunggyu." the younger male threw him a dry look as he attempted to snatch his blanket back.

"What? I was just going to say that you look like sheep." Sunggyu smiled innocently as he slowly raised the blanket out of the boy's reach. 

"Wow, very funny hyung. Now give it back." Woohyun narrowed his eyes with a growl.

"No - just trust me for once," Sunggyu matched Woohyun's gaze straight on, voice softening in sincerity.

Woohyun scanned the older boy's face before turning his head to the side with a grunt. "Fine."

Sunggyu sighed in relief, finally lowering the blanket onto the dark-haired boy. With extra care, he flattened out the sheets before pulling it up to Woohyun's chest. There was a knock on the door and the older male turned his head just in time to see Hoya and Dongwoo with the necessities.

"Thanks, could you place them on the table and get a glass of water for him?" Sunggyu murmured, hovering protectively over Woohyun's unmoving figure. He barely caught the two sharing a knowing look as they nodded and crept out. As the door closed, Sunggyu walked over to the towel and dipped the whole thing in the bowel of water. After a couple of seconds, he pulled it out and headed to Woohyun, but not before wringing the life out of the towel. 

"Woohyun-ah, turn your head back please," he mumbled, unsure as to if Woohyun was asleep or not.

Thankfully, the boy wasn't and proceeded to follow Sunggyu's order. His eyes were closed but from the irregular breathing, the red-haired male knew that Woohyun was fully awake.

"Are you struggling to breathe? Do you want me to open a window or something?" Sunggyu questioned as he brushed the strands of hair away from Woohyun's forehead, before folding the towel over once and placing it on his forehead. 

Woohyun seemed to let out a sigh of content as he breathed out a short 'no'. 

"Oh, okay. Do you, um, want a drink of water?" Sunggyu rubbed his nape awkwardly, feeling a strange tingling feeling in his stomach.

"Yeah, if that's fine with you," the younger boy's eyes were now open and staring straight at Sunggyu, leaving him speechless for a couple of seconds. 

"Um, I'll go get it then," Sunggyu scrambled away with heated cheeks. He cursed at himself for feeling this flustered underneath the boy's gaze. He stepped out of the room, eyes searching around for the two idiots that promised to get the water. He wondered why they took so long but he didn't have to think for long. Once he spotted them at the end of the hallway, he knew exactly why.

Dongwoo and Hoya were walking dangerously towards Sunggyu, each holding a tray filled with countless glasses of water.

Each, for God's sake. Sunggyu felt the need to slap them both. "What the hell are you two doing?"

"Uh - getting the water?" Dongwoo tilted his head with a stupid smile.

"I said a glass of water! Not a million of them!" he threw both hands in the air, wondering how low these two can get.

"Well, that's not what Sungyeol told us," Hoya stated bluntly. "Now do you want the water or not? We don't have all day."

"That damn choding," Sunggyu hissed under his breath. "Fine, I'll take one of the trays but you can have the other one."

Dongwoo nodded slowly, staring at his friend expectantly. "Well? Which tray do you want?"

"Does it ing matter?" the older boy raised his voice, having lost his temper and his usual good-mannered self.

"Duh." the two boys said in unison.

-- 

It took Sunggyu a little over a minute to gather his thoughts and walk back to Woohyun's side with a glass of water in hand. He placed the remaining glasses on the table, in case of further use. 

"Sorry for taking too long, are you still up?" he nudged the boy's shoulder gently.

"No," Woohyun squeezed his eyes shut, shooing Sunggyu away groggily. "Let me sleep, mum."

"Do I look like your mother?" the older boy mused, slightly amused at Woohyun's state of mind.

"Yes, now go." he ordered in a raspy voice.

Sunggyu frowned at this. "Yah, get up. Your voice doesn't sound too good."

Woohyun's eyes shot open, glancing at the red-head in alarm. "You're not my mother!"

"No , Sherlock. I'm Sunggyu." he rolled his eyes and helped the other boy up with extreme caution.

It took a while for Woohyun to regain his mind as now stared at Sunggyu with a embarrassed smile. "Ah - sorry about that, hyung."

"Don't worry about it. I could ask the guys to call your mum for you." Sunggyu murmured and handed the glass of water to Woohyun.

"Here, drink this."

But once the glass was in the younger boy's trembling hand, Sunggyu instinctively reached out to steady the boy's hand.

"Do you want some, um, help?" he asked in uncertainty when Woohyun did nothing but stare at the glass of water.

"Y-Yeah. Can you feed me it?" Woohyun averted his gaze, allowing his arm to drop after a hesitant nod from Sunggyu.

Sunggyu sat down at the edge of the bed, inching closer and closer to the boy. "Here - lean your head back a bit." 

He extended his arm and connected the edge of the glass with Woohyun's waiting lips. Sunggyu was unsure if he should just pour the whole thing into the boy's mouth so he settled with the slow and easier way. He used his free hand to hold Woohyun's chin up while the other hand poured generous amounts of water into his mouth. 

Once the glass was empty, Sunggyu separated from the boy and almost ran to the table at the other side of the room. He didn't want Woohyun to notice how loud his heartbeat was racing.

"My parents are busy working overseas so there's no use in trying to contact them," Woohyun stared at his hands bitterly. "They don't even know about the incident."

Sunggyu could feel his heart sinking at the realisation of Woohyun's condition. "How long have they been overseas?"

Woohyun froze and averted his eyes. "It's been going on for the past five years."

"That's when you became claustrophobic," Sunggyu murmured softly. "I'm sorry, Woohyun."

The boy nodded gingerly before freezing up at the meaning of his last words. "What for?"

"For everything I've caused you in the past week," Sunggyu whispered, covering his face with his hands.

Woohyun shook his head and beckoned the older boy towards him. "Hyung . . . don't apologise."

Sunggyu shuffled over to the boy and sighed. "Just go get some sleep," he gently pushed Woohyun back down and pulled the blanket over him, determined not to stare into the boy's dark gaze. 

"Stop it, Sunggyu. You're pushing it too far," Woohyun breathed out as Sunggyu placed the damp towel on his forehead once more in silence. "I know it's too soon to be saying this but I . . . I don't regret meeting you."

Sunggyu exhaled slowly, finally meeting Woohyun's gaze with a troubled look. "But Woohyun -" 

"Shh, enough is enough, hyung." 

The older boy was quiet for a few minutes. Sunggyu sighed and deliberately placed his hand on Woohyun's shoulder.

"At least let me make it up to you somehow," he decided to say instead of voicing out his protest.

"Stay by my side, that's all I ask for," the loneliness in Woohyun's eyes was like a punch to Sunggyu.

He couldn't bear to see that look in the boy's eyes again. "Count on me." Sunggyu promised and without thinking, he pulled the latter into his arms.

Woohyun closed his eyes buried his face into Sunggyu's shoulder, breathing in the sweet scent of strawberries. "Thank you."

--

"I'll be at Woohyun's if you need me," Sunggyu announced as he sat by the door, struggling to put his shoes on as he held a expensive white phone in his left hand. 

"But you haven't eaten breakfast yet, baby," his mother pointed out and kneeled on the floor to help her son in his constant fight to forcefully push the heel of his foot in. "Take it easy, Gyu." 

"It's fine, Woohyun has enough food to last a year," he exclaimed and started to untie the shoelaces on his other shoe after watching his mother loosen the shoe in just seconds. "And I can't! He said he's counting down. That idiot!" 

"Since when did you take him seriously?" Sunggyu's father mused, sitting down on the couch with a newspaper at hand. 

Sunggyu paused for a split second but that was enough for his parents to give him the 'nudge'. He didn't honestly expect his mother to physically nudge him in the ribs, but he did expect the suggestive look from his father. "What? Ever since I made that promise to him two years ago!" Sunggyu tried to look sincere but who was he kidding - his parents knew him as both inside and out.

"Now, Gyu, what did I tell you about lying?" Mrs. Kim stood up and placed both hands on her hips, eyes dancing in amusement.

Sunggyu gave his mother a dry look. "By the time I finish reciting your lecture, we would all age terribly." he stated dramatically.

"Nope, only you will. I never get sick of hearing your mother's lovely voice," his father folded the newspaper away and s his arms around Mrs. Kim's waist with a smile that only the two of them could understand.

Their son feigned a look of grimace and turned his attention back on tying his shoelaces up. "This is a public place, please refrain from showing PDA." 

Mr. Kim raised a brow in amusement. "We're on private property, Sunggyu." he corrected.

"No, your room is your private property. The kitchen and living room is a public place, thank you very much." the boy finally straightened up with a victorious smirk. 

"Then please refrain from doing PDA with Woohyun, my son." his father leaned back, matching Sunggyu's expression identically.

Sunggyu could feel his face heat up and immediately stuffed his phone in his pocket before dashing out without another word.

"Try not to fall and break the phone that Woohyun gave you," Mrs. Kim called out with a light-hearted laugh. 

The boy merely raised his hand and waved at the both of them before disappearing around the corner.

Sunggyu's mother could not help the wide smile from growing. She leaned against her husband who wrapped his arms around her lovingly. "Our son has grown well, hasn't he?" she murmured softly.

"Yes, indeed he has. He's even fallen in love without realising it, that fool." he released a chuckle before gently pressing his lips on his wife's temple. She hummed in agreement and closed her eyes in content.

--

Woohyun bit his bottom lip, glancing at Sunggyu from the corner of his eye. Sunggyu chuckled and gently nudged the boy's shoulder.

"What's the matter? Your arm doesn't hurt anymore, right?" 

"No, of course not. It healed a year ago, didn't it?" Woohyun shook his head and gave the older boy a reassuring smile, before turning back to the blank sheet of paper in front of him. "Hyung, remember the day we made that promise?" 

Sunggyu nodded almost immediately as he peered at the paper in curiosity. "What about it?"

"Well, I was carried on your back that day and you asked me what I was drawing on there," he recalled, keeping his eyes on the older boy as he anxiously fiddled around with the sleeve of his sweater.

"Yeah, so what about - oh! You're finally going to draw it out now?" Sunggyu exclaimed in excitement, finally putting two and two together. The older boy beamed and forced a pencil into Woohyun's right hand.

Woohyun froze, momentarily dazed at the sight of the overly eager boy in front of him.

"U-Uh, Yeah, I want you to answer it as honestly as you can, alright Sunggyu?" he was barely able to form proper sentences.

"Of course, I will."

Woohyun frowned, somewhat displeased by the short reply.

"Fine, I promise I will, hand on heart." Sunggyu rolled his eyes, secretly enjoying the troubled expression on Woohyun's face. As said, he rested his hand on the side of his chest, the place where he assumes his heart (at least, that's what his books have took him).

Woohyun nervously ran his tongue over his lips but not before shooting Sunggyu a thankful smile.

He faced the sheet of paper once more, gripping onto the lead pencil with more force than necessary. From there, Woohyun carefully drew a outline of an oval-shaped body with a point at the left end. He drew stripes along the length of its body before hovering the pencil over the face of the creature.

Woohyun bit down on his bottom lip as he tried his best to add on a pair of eyes. He paused to examine the drawing but decided that the eyes only made the drawing unrealistic, so he hurriedly shaded the face in, along with every second strip of the body. 

Sunggyu peered over the boy's shoulder, instantly fighting back a smile when he was met with the first drawing. 

Woohyun tried to ignore the presence of the red-haired boy behind him as he focused on his second piece of drawing. He drew ragged rocks along the edges of the square he had drew beforehand. The boy furrowed his brows, seemly disappointed at the outcome of his 'rocks'. With a dark mutter, he dismissed it and proceeded to draw a cart filled with various different tools.

"Done," Woohyun grumbled and stalked off in a hasty manner, "I'll be in the kitchen with the others. Give me your answer when you figure it out." 

"What's up with him?" Sunggyu scratched the back of his head in confusion before directing his gaze to the drawing.

"Is that a . . . bee?" he gave the first drawing a thorough examination, proud at himself for figuring the first one out so quickly.

Sunggyu groaned once he was met with the second drawing. He squinted at it, trying to identify what the hell it was. He stared at it, dumbfounded. "Rocks, cart . . . and tools."

Suddenly, Sunggyu's brain clicked and he gasped. "No way." 

 

Woohyun's perspective.

Woohyun sat on the ground and hugged his knees worriedly. "You're over thinking it, hyung." Sungyeol pointed out from the couch behind him. Their entire group of friends (minus Sunggyu, of course) were here to witness the mental breakdown of the great Nam Woohyun.

"No, I'm not! Hyung's going to freak out when he finds out what it means!" the boy cried out and desperately tried to dash back to rip the drawing to shreds, if not for Hoya's strong grip on his shoulder. 

"Calm down, Woohyun. It's time to move onto the next phrase of your relationship," Dongwoo kindly placed a reassuring hand on the boy's arm. 

"I'm fine with just being friends with him. I don't want to break our friendship," Woohyun buried his head into his hands, feeling more worried by the second.

"Sunggyu hyung isn't like that, you know that very well, hyung. Why are you doubting him now?" Hoya spoke up with a stern expression on his face. "He needs you as much as you need him."

"Yeah, Hoya's right. That hamster practically depends on you for survival," Myungsoo added firmly.

Sungyeol nodded, sticking his thumb out with a genuine smile. "That's right. I've never seen someone as clingy as him, or as greasy as you. I support you two - period." the choding looked actually serious for once. That is, before he burst out into a fit of giggles at the last word he said. 

"God, you're so immature," Sungjong threw a glare at Sungyeol before turning his attention to the now hopeful Woohyun. "Go for it, hyung. Don't ever turn back until you've captured him."

"The promise, the gift and now the confession drawing. Third time's the charm, right Woohyun?" Dongwoo listed the times that Woohyun had thoughts to confess, only to back down time after time.

There was unshed tears in Woohyun's eyes as he stared at his group of friends - wait, no, best friends. "Y-You guys are the best!"

"Ahem."

Woohyun gulped and had second thoughts about his whole plan of confessing to Sunggyu. He faced the older boy with downcast eyes. "Hyung . . . you've figured it out already, haven't you?" he whispered.

"Guys, out please," Sunggyu casted a unreadable glance around the entire room. Everyone except Woohyun complied with the boy's order, mouthing words of encouragement to the nervous boy. 

Once the door was shut behind their friends, Sunggyu walked towards Woohyun until he stopped suddenly. Woohyun peered up, worried when he saw the older boy standing quite a fair distance away.

"Yeah, it wasn't that difficult, to be honest," he chuckled, relieving some of the tension of the situation.

"Um - yeah, I figured it wouldn't be too difficult for you," Woohyun tried to laugh it off but it only came out shakily. 

"Ask me it." 

"Huh?" Woohyun stared at Sunggyu in slight confusion.

"Ask me it - out loud. Please, Woohyun," Sunggyu's voice trembled a little, gripping onto the paper tightly.

Woohyun's eyes softened and he stepped closer and closer until he was just a mere arm-length away from the boy. 

"Sunggyu, I love you. Will you be mine?" 

This time, tears actually fell. Though it wasn't from Woohyun's. It was Sunggyu's eyes that shed these happy tears. 

"Yes, I will. I will be yours, forever and always. I love you too, pabo," Sunggyu sobbed and he simply loved how Woohyun's arms wrap around him, emitting a feeling of belonging. The younger boy leaned closer and gently pressed his lips against Sunggyu's soft ones.

Woohyun pulled back and gazed into Sunggyu's eyes, whispering a 'I love you' for every kiss they shared.

It was simply a kiss of pure love and bliss. And that's all they had ever wanted - to be by each other's side.

Somewhere below them, the paper drifted to the ground and the shadows of the two lovers were cast upon it.

-- 

"They finally got together," Sungyeol cheered and stepped away from the window. "Let's go celebrate, Myung!" 

Myungsoo didn't answer and stared at the taller boy for what seems like an eternity. "I love you."

Sungyeol found himself speechless at the sudden confession. He intertwined their fingers with a wide smile, having regained the ability to talk again. "I love you too." They both waved at the remainder of their friends and sped off somewhere.

Sungjong cleared his throat and turned to Hoya and Dongwoo awkwardly. "I swear if you're going to just leave me here like that couple just did, I'll be happy to say that I hate you." 

The two shared a look of amusement. "We're not that horrible, Sungjong. You can be the third-wheel to our date." Dongwoo offered, already heading out the gate with Hoya's hand in his own. 

"Oh, wow, great." Sungjong cheered sarcastically. "I really need to find myself a partner." he mumbled to himself before stalking after the couple. 

- - - 

The end! seriously, this whole chapter was over 6500 words - which is frankly larger than the rest of the chapters combined. I hope you readers enjoyed this story. thank you so much for dealing with all my late updates and for sticking with this story to the end. I would like to wish Sungyeol a belated happy birthday and also wish a early happy birthday to Sungjong. I simply adore these boys so much. <3 thanks again for the lovely comments. ily guys. ; u ; 

( unedited - will edit tomorrow. )