Second Encounter (part 2)

One's Misfortune

Sunggyu & Dongwoo's perspective.

"I-IT'S YOU!" Oh, shoot. Kill me now. Sunggyu swallowed the large lump forming in his throat and opened his mouth to answer, only to look like a fool when nothing came out except for a soft whimper.

The boy averted his eyes, shifting his weight from leg to leg, unaware that all eyes were on them in the cafeteria. He completely forgot about the bottle of strawberry milk because it was hanging rather dangerously in his unmoving hand.

Dongwoo stepped forward with a worried frown plastered on his face. He glanced around for the boy who had spoken before, and was surprised to see a rather handsome dark-haired male on a wheel chair, with his eyes glued onto Sunggyu's trembling figure.

The dino cleared his throat, casting Sunggyu a warning glance as he stepped in front of him, shielding him from the other's unreadable gaze. Almost instantly, the dark-haired male flickered his gaze to Dongwoo which instantly hardened as he pressed his lips together into a thin line. 

"Uhm, I'm sorry, but we're not here to attract unwanted attention. We'll be on our way now." the boy bowed swiftly with a small smile, reaching behind him blindly - because he was too scared to avert his gaze from the other just yet - to pull Sunggyu away from the area.

Just when he managed to catch a hold of the elder's wrist, firm yet gentle fingers clasped around his wrist, successfully pulling the boy to a stop. 

"I'm sorry, but I do believe we have some issues to discuss." the broad-looking boy stated while tightening his grip around his wrist.

Dongwoo winced, allowing a feeble protest to pass his lips. Sunggyu could only watch in horror, squeezing the bottle in his hand so hard that his knuckles turned white. He opened his mouth once again, this time, managing a audible; "He excused himself, didn't he?" 

"Not good enough, hamster." a highly diva-like voice interjected. The red-haired male glanced at the owner of such a voice and let out a shocked gasp. It was that same feminine boy he had jabbed just before the incident. Sunggyu wanted to cry. Talk about bad luck. 

"But, he's a cute hamster." a monotonous voice added, sounding somewhat disinterested in the whole thing. A loud whine came shortly after. "I'm more cuter than him, right, Myungsoo?" a tall boy pouted, clinging onto the shorter male.

"Yes, and definitely more attra-" Myungsoo began in a low, seductive voice.

"God, just get a room, you two!"

"Well, no one asked you, Mr. forever alone Sungjong." the boy retorted with a smug grin, snaking his arms around Myungsoo's waist as if to prove his point. 

The younger's face went slightly red, fuming in anger. "Whatever, Sungyeol hyung." he spat out, raking the cafeteria with his eyes as if searching for something to snap in half out of anger.

With a small sigh, Sunggyu stepped out from behind his friend, ignoring the desperate look from his friend. "I can handle this, Dongwoo." he murmured under his breath before giving each and every person in front of him a firm stare.

There was about five boys, including that boy from the incident and that broad friend of his. From memory, the person on the far right was that boy called Myungsoo and his buddy (or whatever those two are), Sungyeol. He directed his gaze to the three right in front of him, cringing a little at the sight. Sungjong was standing to the left, arms crossed and a defined pout on his face. That guy with the fierce gaze was still standing there, one hand refusing to release Dongwoo, though he can tell from his expression that the grip wasn't as harsh as before. 

The hamster flickered his eyes to the boy in the wheelchair, flinching when his eyes met with the dark brown orbs. Sunggyu bit his bottom lip nervously before looking away, feeling as though the second's eye contact left his heart beating more than usual. Then all of a sudden, he felt a sting on the palm of his previously occupied hand and a splash before he was hauled away by the arm.

--

"Just keep running, hyung!" Dongwoo yelled over the piercing screams, leading his friend further and further away from the cafeteria.

Sunggyu had absolutely no clue on what was happening but he trusted the dino so he ran as fast as he could though he could never seem to overtake the boy.

The blond haired male ushered the confused boy to a shady corner of the boy's locker room, holding his index finger to his lips once they had took shelter. Sunggyu held his breath until he heard a mob of screaming girls pass and even then, he was too scared of uttering a single sound. 

"Hyung . . . are you alright?" Dongwoo spoke in a quiet voice, casting a look around right after. 

Sunggyu nodded, fiddling with the hem of his blazer. A somewhat uneasy silence filled the room. The shorter boy merely sat next to the other, resting his head on the cold tiles behind him.

"Yah, your hair is going to get dirty if you lean against these tiles." the red haired murmured softly, glancing worriedly at the grass-stained walls around them. 

"Well, you always called me a dirty-blond, after all." the younger boy sat up with a cheeky grin. 

Sunggyu shook his head, laughing quietly at the lame joke. It became quiet once again, though this time, it didn't last long. "So, what happened back there?" the red haired male questioned his friend with raised eyebrows.

Dongwoo glanced back at Sunggyu, smiling sheepishly. "You know your, um, strawberry milk? I unscrewed the bottle and threw it at them." 

The older boy frowned. Well, that explains a lot. Sunggyu decided to save his speech about wasting food for another time. "What happened after that?"

"Their fangirls, who was listening to our conversation - yes, I know, creepy right?" the dino commented after seeing the shock-horror expression on Sunggyu's face. "Well, anyway, their fangirls had a little fit when I splashed those guys with milk which -"

"which leads us to this situation." the red haired boy finished the sentence with furrowed brows. "I didn't know they had fans." he muttered, more to himself than to his friend.

"Damn, is Gyu getting jelly?" Dongwoo remarked with a playful grin, nudging the other in the ribs.

"What, no! I was just - just wondering why I never heard of these people before." he threw a glare at the other.

The dino raised his hand in the air, gleefully whispering out the answer. "Maybe that's because you were living in a rock this whole time?"

"Excuse you, Jang Dongwoo!" Sunggyu hollered before clamping both hands over his mouth two seconds after with a guilty expression. 

Dongwoo stuck his tongue out before releasing a light hearted laugh that instantly earned him a slap on the knee.

". . . hamster?"

Sunggyu and Dongwoo froze when they heard a voice call from the entrance of the locker room. From instinct, they both hurried into the same shower cubicle, one that unfortunately had motion sensors. Water instantly gushed out, wetting the poor hamster and the dino. 

"Wow, you're even more stupid than Woohyun hyung." a voice stated bluntly somewhere behind them.

At this, Sunggyu attempted to escape the cubicle but with water blinding his eyes and his sense of direction, he dashed straight out but not before slipping on the wet tiles. The red haired boy fell to his bottom, wincing at the harsh impact. The owner of the voice in front of him chuckled lowly, extending his hand out to the male before him.

"Mhm, thanks." the hamster mumbled and took the outstretched hand with heated cheeks. Sunggyu has never been this embarrassed in his whole 18 years of living. He examined the condition of his clothes with a slight huff, poking at the hole in his blazer with a single finger.

"Ah, hyung, are you alright?" a thoroughly soaked Dongwoo managed to stride out of the cubicle, looking as attractive as ever. The elder pouted childishly, crossing both arms across his chest.

"Yah, Jang Dongwoo, how did you end up looking way more better than me?" he gestured to himself as if to prove his point.

The younger boy merely laughed it off, giving him the thumbs up. "No, trust me, hyung, you look like those cool bad-asses now!"

"Like I want to look like those stupid delinquents." Sunggyu scoffed.

"Um, I'm still here, you know?" a quiet voice interrupted. 

Dongwoo peered at the said boy, furrowing his brow as he eyed the handsome face. "Who are you? You look familiar."

"I'm your knight in shiny armour." the other replied with a blank stare.

"Psh, who needs a knight when I have a ferocious hamster by my side?" the blond grinned in superiority as he draped a arm over Sunggyu's shoulder. The elder shot his friend a annoyed look, lightly shoving him away.

"Aish, can't you recognise that guy yet?" Sunggyu pointed to the boy in front of them, only to receive a tense gaze from the said person.

"Yeah, come to think of it. . ." the dino trailed off as he rubbed his nape in thought, "he's that really weird person from before."

"Myungsoo." the older male stated without any hesitation. 

The said boy nodded, "Yes, speaking." 

"What are you doing here?" Dongwoo narrowed his eyes at Myungsoo before switching his gaze to the door.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, "Obviously hiding."

"What for?" Sunggyu raised a questioning eyebrow before continuing, "You're not the one who threw strawberry milk everywhere." 

"Well, I was the most handsome person there in a sea of savage girls." the boy shrugged, scratching the back of his brown hair almost innocently. Sunggyu merely sighed while Dongwoo, on the other hand, had burst into a fit of laughter.

"Honestly, these girls aren't usually like that, but I guess they had finally reached their limit." Myungsoo continued while chewing on his bottom lip in thought. "You wouldn't like them to get their hands on you when they're like this."

Dongwoo's mouth dropped open, all traces of laughter gone. "What will they do to us?" 

"Oh, the usual," the taller boy shrugged uncaringly, "they really like to see us ."

The red haired male felt faint at those very words, clutching at his own wet clothes desperately. "W-When are they sane again?"

"Who knows?" the boy smirked. "But if I was you, I wouldn't stick around to find out." 

Sunggyu frowned, slightly taken back from the smirk. "But wouldn't you be in the same situation?"

". . . oh, yeah." 

The hamster face palmed while the dino's laughter resurfaced.

--

"By the way, Myungsoo," Dongwoo started to speak as they left the locker room, cautiously looking around to see if anyone had heard him, "Where's the others?" 

The said boy paused in his steps, tilting his head as he pondered the question. "Honestly, I don't know." he furrowed his brows, "I guess I just lost it when I felt someone touch my ."

That made Sunggyu turn around, blinking slowly. "Huh? What happened to that guy in the wheelchair then?" For some reason, he didn't like the idea of the boy being molested by those creepy girls. Not one bit.

"You mean Woohyun hyung?" Myungsoo glanced at the older boy in question, beckoning the two to follow him down the silent hallway.

Dongwoo immediately scoffed, shaking his head with a look of disbelief. "Hyung, I thought you told me his name was 'Namu'?" 

Sunggyu flushed bright red, hiding his face in his damp blazer that he had took off earlier. He wrapped his arms around himself, feeling somewhat exposed without that extra piece of clothing. "Shut up, I was mistaken, alright?"

"Ah, it all makes sense now." Myungsoo exclaimed suddenly, bringing his eyes up to meet the other's confused ones. Without waiting for a answer, he continued. "You're that guy who pushed hyung down the stairs, right? No wonder he was giving you that death stare."

The older boy was silent for a moment before he managed to utter out in a quiet voice, "You mean all this time, you never knew?"

"I never knew his abuser was this cute little hamster." the handsome boy lifted the edges of his lip into a lopsided grin. 

"Yah, I'm your hyung!" Sunggyu hissed, elbowing the younger male in the ribs.

"Me too! I'm your hyung as well!" Dongwoo interjected quickly in a hushed whisper.

Myungsoo released a soft chuckle. "I think I recognise the smartest boy in school and his well-known best friend. I'm not like that clueless tree. Now just be quiet and follow me if you don't want to get caught."

Sunggyu shared a glance with his friend before nodding reluctantly. The three of them proceeded down the hall in silence, occasionally throwing glances over their shoulders from time to time. After a few minutes, the oldest of them spoke up. "I'm going to get a drink of water, you guys go on ahead."

Dongwoo looked like he was going to protest but he instead he only let out a sigh. "Alright, hyung, call me if something happens to you. Remember that we had arranged to meet at the park across from school grounds."

"Noted." the red-haired boy nodded with a small smile before turning back around to head for the bubblers. 

Sunggyu hummed a soft tune as he walked ahead, appreciating the free time that was given to him. It wasn't long before he stopped in his tracks, feeling slightly uneasy when he heard yet another sound.

"D-Don't leave me alone. . ." 

 

Woohyun's Perspective.

Woohyun whimpered quietly, squeezing both eyes shut as the door closed shut. "Hoya, please come back soon. You know I hate being alone in places like these." he whispered it over and over again, his voice cracking after the 3rd time around.

He started to tremble, feeling the tightness in his chest increasing while his breath was shortening with every intake. Woohyun fisted the blazer on his lap with his good hand before throwing it to the far end of the room. It was suffocating him to the extent that he did anything he believed would relieve his pain.

The boy tugged desperately at the black singlet that clung to his skin, tearing it away from his body with a strangled gasp. He felt his injured arm ache as he leaned forward, trying to get away from the wheelchair below him.

Woohyun closed his eyes once again, breathing out words that he knew would never be heard. "D-Don't leave me alone. . ."

As if on cue, the door creaked open and the Woohyun's eyes snapped open, instantly distracted by the noise.

"W-Who's there?" a strangely soothing voice called.

The dark-haired boy merely sat there with eyes trained on the figure, trembling in the darkness. He couldn't see the other person properly. 

The stranger cocked his head to the side as he widened the door, giving more light to the room. ". . . Woohyun-ah?" he spoke after staring at the boy in complete awe.

Woohyun whimpered as he began feeling nausea, reaching out for the other blindly while blinking away the tears that threatened to fall. "P-Please get me out of this p-place." his body shook from the broken sobs that managed to escaped him.

"Oh, god, what happened to you?" the other male rushed to his side, clearly alarmed at the state Woohyun was in. 

Woohyun weakly tugged on the boy's shirt with a soft groan. "Yah, you're burning up!" the stranger exclaimed once he had placed his hand on the other's forehead.

The younger male felt something warm slip onto his good arm but he immediately pushed it away for fear of suffocation. "Why are you always so impossible?" the voice continued to speak (or more like complain) in the same calming voice.

Woohyun felt the same person adjusting the bandages on his right arm, firmly wrapping the warm piece of clothing around him before lifting the boy up with a grunt. He heard the other mutter something about abs but he had just dismissed it because he was, strangely enough, comfortable on the guy's back.

Woohyun rested his head on the crook of the male's neck, breathing in what seems like strawberries. He began gathering his thoughts together, unconsciously tightening his grasp on the boy's surprisingly thin shirt.

"You smell nice." he commented quietly while staring at the bright red hair in front of him in confusion. "And you seem familiar, care to tell me who you are?" The older male seemed hesitant to answer as he cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"I'm your worst nightmare." he finally decided to answer, though still rather reluctant.

Woohyun frowned, lifting his head up ever so slightly. "You're the bogeyman?"

"No," the boy replied with a sigh, "Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu."

 - - -

late chapter again. i'm sorry. but thank you so much for sticking with this story. and I lied, this chapter isn't the last one, the next one will be it instead. and i assume everyone heard the news about woollim and sm c&c merging? i believe it's for the best for infinite and the other artists so please trust the ceo's decision. infinite is still infinite, please remember that. so, until next time. <3
( edited a little. )