CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Black Paradise

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

 

‘This must be my punishment,’ Hakyeon thinks to himself as he stacks canned goods on the shelf. He had expected this, of course. They were bound to find them, sooner or later. He just didn’t expect it to be this soon. Only 2 months have passed. Hakyeon could already feel it; the ropes just itching to tie him up once again. He could even feel the syringes and knives just waiting to touch his skin.

“Hakyeon-hyung,” Hakyeon hears a deep voice call out to him, sending shivers down his spine. He knew that voice; loved it so much it hurt him. Hakyeon stays still; unmoving. Almost as if he was expecting the younger boy to shoot him then and there. “It’s almost lunch. Come. Let’s eat,” Wonshik says, giving the older a small smile.

Hakyeon knew. He knew that he had to keep his distance; that the only reason why they were here right in front of him was because the administration has found them and are waiting for the perfect time to attack and take them back. He knew and yet, he couldn’t walk away. He couldn’t resist that smile; the smile that comforted him during his worst times. “O-okay,”

Wonshik smiles and allows the older male to walk ahead of him. When he’s sure Hakyeon was in a safe distance from him, Wonshik’s smile disappears as he grips the blade he kept inside his pocket. He could do it. He could kill this Hakyeon right there and then. And yet, he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t take the blade out and plunge it into Hakyeon. There was this nagging feeling at the back of his head, telling him that Hakyeon was the one to trust. But. Why should he, right? Hakyeon was a traitor. He is the enemy. Isn’t he?

Hongbin flashes a smile the moment he sees Hakyeon and Wonshik walking towards him. His smile disappears, however, the moment he sees the conflicted look on Wonshik’s face but decides on ignoring it for now and focusing on the older male who was now in front of him. “Hakyeon-hyung. We weren’t properly introduced earlier. My name is Lee Hongbin,” Hongbin smiles and offers his hand to Hakyeon who stares at it before hesitantly taking it.

The three boys eat in silence, with Hongbin and Wonshik doing most of the talking and Hakyeon simply answering whenever he’s asked; keeping his answers short and minimal. After finishing their lunch and saying goodbye to Hakyeon, Hongbin decides to confront Wonshik. “Hey. Is something wrong?”

Wonshik looks at Hongbin before looking away. ‘Is something wrong?’ Wonshik asks himself. If he were to be honest, he didn’t know himself. He knew his job. He knew what he had to do. Never before, did he doubt. However, after meeting Hakyeon, after seeing something so familiar and familial about the male, he’s starting to doubt himself. “No,”

“Are you sure?” Hongbin asks, not believing him. He knew Wonshik; knew him so well they can even be mistaken for twins. When Wonshik nods, Hongbin drops all question and respects Wonshik’s decision. He’ll tell him once he’s ready and until that time comes, Hongbin is ready to wait. “Alright. Let’s get back to work,”

After their shift finishes, Wonshik looks for Hakyeon in the lockers only to find the older male has already left. ‘Right. Two jobs,’ Wonshik thinks to himself as he opens his own locker to get ready to leave. ‘What is this nagging feeling? It’s annoying,’ Wonshik thinks to himself as he stares at the group picture he decided to bring along and stares at the boy who had an uncanny resemblance to Hakyeon; only younger.

“Do I know you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


i finally updated! hooray. okay so, i know it's been like a looooong time since i last updated and i apologized. in between school, homework and playing geb, i couldn't find the time to actually type up a chapter and post it. anyway, i'm sure you know but, VIXX HAS MADE THEIR COMEBACK! LIKE OH MY GOD! ERROR IS AMAZING!!! I CAN'T EVEN!!

anyway, comments are greatly appreciated. thank you!