Bullying

Dreams vs Reality ( H I A T U S )

                                                                             

"Your breath reeks. You should chew more gum."

Was it just all a hopeless dream? My eyes squinted at the beaming sunlight shown through my windows. Guess it's time to wake up now. I slipped out of bed, did my daily morning routine and got ready for another archetypal school day.

Like any other day, I walked out the door with my apple as my breakfast. I was never really hungry, thus had a very fragile body. When the bell for first period rang, everyone said their goodbyes to their friends, leaving to their respectable classes. I dreaded my class.

My class was a mixed class, one where my grade and another higher grade's students were placed together. I despised this idea. Our teacher claimed that we would be able to learn "just as if we were in a normal classroom", but that didn't turn out well. The teacher also slacked off A LOT. Most of the time, she would turn a history lesson into a story-telling about her past...eight boyfriends. Yuck. 

A lot of other "normal" students were jealous of me being in this special class. Special? No way. They said this class was for people who were exceptionally smart. I did acknowledge that I was smart in the mathematics department, but Seul would always be smarter and better than me at everything. 

As with any given situation, there are both pros and cons. The pros, you ask? As a result of the teacher being so cool and lazy about school, we didn't have to stress out about anything academic at all. We barely had any homework; if we did, we would usually do it during the other periods she taught; in all our exams, she allowed us to use our textbooks and our notes... 

We sat in groups of four, allowing us to work as a group on everything. In my group, I had two useless girls, a geek, and me, the over-achiever. The geek would use his phone to search up answers for essays, and we always got the highest score in the class. The teacher never suspected us about anything, and never will.

During this year, my first and second year of middle school flew past by in a blink of an eye. I didn't expect it to end so quickly mostly because I was afraid for what lied ahead. One more year, and I would enter secondary school (high school). I dreaded it. Instead of being with our entire class the whole day, we would have separate schedules and have to interact with strangers. With these strangers, we would have to be friendly and soon befriend them. 

Being the introvert that I am, I didn't want to move onto a new life, a new zone. I liked the life that I lived currently: my friends were I need and want them. Most importantly, I feared of bullying from others. There were people in my middle school that were bullies, not just limited to JInnie. 

There were people who recently just joined her gang because it was "cool", and if you are in the group, there's a very high chance you won't be bullied. I knew better than to do that. I admit, I did want to change into a new 'prettier' female, but definetly not like one of them.

                                                                     

A/N: 

Like Abraham Lincoln said, " I rather be a nobody than to be a evil somebody."

A lot of people only join in the trend because like others, they are afraid of what other people have to say. If you don't join the trend, you're a loserloner, etc. But if you continue to succumb to their greedy personalities, you won't have to face the pain of being the one left out, but you will be making someone else left out. Most people who join popular groups in school don't really know what it feels like to watch on the sideline and suffer under their shadow. The light shines on them, allowing them to take the spotlight. However, what's the brightest isn't always the best. Sometimes you have to look past that glowing light and find something else. Something else that just needs a little someone to give them hope. Seul was the one who did this for me. Even if we have fights and disagree, I never once said "I regret the day I met you!" Never, and never will. Have you done something nice to a certain somebody today? If not, do it now! Be it anything: small or significant!

- Chan Sook