Growth

Dreams vs Reality ( H I A T U S )

                                                                             

The second year of my middle school year was rather chaotic. I grew to like someone greatly: a crush, as most people title it. When I told Seul, HeeJin, and BoYun during break time, as expected, they were against it. 

"Him? What the... He's so ugly and annoying!" HeeJin exclaimed.

"You think everyone in the school is ugly. Your standards are just way too high." Seul replied.

BoYun and I nodded in agreement. 

"It's... Last year, we started talking as friends and got close. It just happened." I shrugged.

The three of them looked at me with weird expressions, but I was too ignorant to realize what it meant.

Hyunsik knocked on my front door. I was in the kitchen eating a light snack, so when we went out to eat, I would not devour the food down like a monster. I was to be a "lady". 

We both held hands and walked to a lovely, small neighborhood vafe. Hyunsik was wearing casual clothing: denim jeans, a grey t-shirt, paired iwth a black jacket. In contrast, I wore something more formal: a pink dress with ruffles, paired with a white ribbon around my waist.

I sat down while, being the gentleman that he is, went to order the food. I was nervous; my palms were sweaty, my heart was pounding. I looked at Hyunsik's back and thought it was something specially given by God Himself personally. I guess I loved Hyunsik that much, but this is just an ignorant girl's mind. 

Soon, he came back with patbingsu and we both delved in generously. 

"Ah!~Open wide!" I looked up to see Hyunsik with his spoon of patbingsu in front of me. Is he doing what I really think he is? Fedding me? Doesn't this only happen in those cheesy fanfiction?

I gladly opened my mouth and ate it seductively, but as graceful as I could. Thankfully, I didn't laugh out loud at my ludicrous actions. Hyunsik's right hand moved closer and closer to my lips. Is he going to do what I think he is? Taking my first kiss?

His hand landed on the corners of my lips and left it there for a while. I felt my cheeks become crimson.

"Chansook..."

"Yes?" I questioned perhaps too quickly.

Hyunsik's other hand cupped the right side of my face. Suddenly, he leaned in closer and closer...until we could feel each other's breathe. CLANG!

The spoon that I was holding dropped onto the beautiful marble floor. Hyunsik opened his mouth to speak. I prayed that nothing would go wrong now...please! 

"Your breath reeks. You should chew more gum... Aish"