History

Dreams vs Reality ( H I A T U S )

                                                                             

Being raised in a well-off family, I was never disappointed: got everything I wished for; the food I desired; the clothing desired; etc. As my desires increased, my dreams of becoming another "Cinderella" grew and grew to no end. an to add fuel to the fire, my mother literally made my wishes come true at any cost. Being the stupid ignorant child that I was, I believed myself to be the top of the world.

Thus, I was not able to gain any friends. I had "friends", but I soon realized that they were only my friends because I could gain anything they wanted.

That is just a brief summary of what happens when I'm too ignorant. I vowed to never EVER repeat the same mistake. As a result of eating whatever I pleased, I became chubby (near fat, but definitely not overweight).

Soon, I entered grade school (elementary school) and gained one true friend. To be honest, I did not always agree with her, but she has been my 'sensei' all my life. In fact, she is still with me now!(:

Her name is Byun E-Seul, but close friends call her Seul for short. (Seul doesn't like to make things complicated.) I wasn't aware of the weight I was gaining, and kept on eating. Of course, as young children, who cares about how you look? All we wanted was to watch Power Rangers and play all day.

Me... I was actually not that type of "play girl". Homework is inevitable, especially when you just begin school. Afterschool, my mother would come and pick me up, and I would go home and diligently start on my homework with a light snack.

What humors me now is that...as young children we didn't have physical education. We just sat and listening to the boring teacher for six hours. No wonder most children are fat these days.

Time passed and I grew older: middle school came upon me. During these years, I gained two more genuine friends. We weren't in the same class the first year, but we always met up during break and ate together.

"Ya, Chan Sook! Over here!"

I turned my head to see one of my new best friends, Hee Jin, call out to me. Our usual meeting spot was at the shaded benches, but today, the "popular group" sat there. The popular group consisted of many people. If you were pretty, applied make-up, were super skinny, and copied off other people's homework, then you were invited to join.

I despised them greatly because they excluded many people, including me. However, their leader, Jinnie (even now, I nevertheless cringe at that name) always came to me for homework. From her looks, I knew she was cruel and horrid, but Seul kept on telling me to not judge people like that.

I tried to get along with Jinnie, but apparently, I couldn't "keep up with the current trend". For Seul's sake I didn't do anything and allowed her to copy off my homework for three continuous years. At desperate times, I would not do the homework until the day due just so I could prevent her from getting a near perfect score.

It was during my second year that I realized how smart I was, not to brag here.... Of course, Seul was definitely smarter in everything, but the looks I have to say... Although she wasn't ugly, she chose not to be pretty, like Jinnie and her crew. That, right there, is why I look up to her.

During this second year, Seul, Hee Jin and I gained a new friend: Bo Yun. Bo Yun was on the rather chubby side, but her personality exceeded my expectations. She was super duper amiable, loved to draw, and gossip about people with Hee Jin. Oh, how I long for those times. 

                                                                     

A/N: My friend, let's call her Chan Sook like we do in the fanfiction, would like to share something.

Hello guys!(: This is weird right? Sharing my personal live events with random strangers... Haha. I guess you can call that my uniqueness? I've seriously been through a lot through these past few years. I'm still young, not in the twenties yet. Yet! The reason why I wanted to share this story, like kkpop_4ever said in the Foreword, is because I noticed that many of us humans tend to forget lots of things and give up so easily. I'm mad at a lot of people for doing that, but what power do I have to be in their lives and tell them? I'm not going to say a lot now, but near the end of my story, I have something very personal and meaningful to share.