A Friend Tells

Don't Forget

A/n: err. got lazy with the usual format.

Hyunseung Pov.

 "Everything was in shambles." 

Yong Junhyung, Yang Yoseob, their relationship, everything was falling; and it was only a matter of time till one of them breaks, break the other, or all the same be broken together. 

"I stared at the person before me. The usual bubbly Seobbie, that was like a sunshine for us, who stayed strong and cheered and comforted us during our weakest, during my weakest, was on the ground and hugging his self, crying his heart out."

It was heartbreaking.

And what Junhyung did was even more heartbreaking.

" 'Who are you?' Junhyung asked Yoseob. I stood still; I was shocked. Then I glanced at Yoseob, who was even more shock than I am. He was trembling."

It angered me.

"YAH! What's wrong with you?!"

"What do you mean?"

I can't believe this.

I looked at his face.

And there was no hint of fake in it.

And suddenly the anger inside me lessened.

"Yoseob looked like he was about to break."

Now it was overcome by pity, and sadness.

This was tragic.

"I opened my mouth to say something.."

I don't know. 

Just... anything.. that would.. save this cruelty.

"But Yoseob cut me off. He looked at you bashfully. His voice was quivering. "

I feel like crying for him.

"Y-Yang Yoseob."

A strangled sob escaped from my throat. I covered my mouth, and felt Kikwang's arm hugged my waist.

He was holding me. 

Just to keep me from breaking.

"Why are you here?"

.

.

The urge of me wanting to punch you came. 

I looked at Yoseob, who was standing there. His tears was falling. And you even had the guts to wonder?!

How dare you, Yong Junhyung!

"But then the doctor and the nurse came, so I supressed the urge to punch you. I wanted to give you a piece of my mind, but Yoseob comes first."

He will always will.

For he's my bestfriend.

The one who was there when I can no longer dance.

The one who cheered for me and was by my side when I have attained my dreams.

The one who introduced me to Kikwang, my love.

"And here he was, crying. Crying for you. I felt my tears also. But this was for him, not for you."

"I comforted him, we all did. But it was never enough."

We can't stop his tears from falling.

Even if he was already tired of crying every night.

"Yes, he called me. You were being an . A jerk. I wanted to come over and kill you. How could you do that to someone like Yoseob? He loved you for God's sake! More than himself! But.. he stopped me. Yoseob stopped me from whatever I'm thinking. "

"I love him too much, Hyung."

He said it with such sincerity, yet he was crying. 

And this continued for weeks. 

Where he would call me, and I'm left hearing his cries over the phone; sometimes waiting for him to fall asleep after sleeping. 

It hurt.

It was like a part of me was breaking.

And that part was Yoseob, my best friend.

My best friend who rarely cries, who only showed his strong side to all of us.

And for you to break that easily, was a mortal sin.

"It was already 8 in the evening, and we needed rest. But Yoseob needed it more. He had black rings around his eyes, like he hadn't slept well for weeks."

God knows he didn't.

Because of you.

"Doojoon asked for him, but he said he wanted to stay. I don't want to leave, not when he was like this. Kikwang kept pulling my hand, but I was still. My eyes was glue to Yoseob. "

Stop, just stop.

Why does these things keep happening to him?

Did he do anything wrong?

God, Please answer me.

"Then Gikwang stopped pulling my hand, and I stared at him helplessly. His face showed sadness. "There's nothing we can do," he whispered to me. And then for the second time, I cried. He hugged me, and took me away from them, Yoseob not noticing me crying."

"I cried and clinged to Gikwang. I buried my self in his shoulder."

I was thankful for Gikwang's existence.

He held me, and it was all that I need. 

No words uttered.

Just the sound of my cries, and that was it.

He prevented me from falling. 

And to the deepest of my heart,

I wished someone would do the same to Yoseob.

But Junhyung has forgotten that he was even alive.

"I don't know what happened, but all I knew is I fell asleep after crying. Then I woke up in the bed, with Gikwang's arm around me, and him staring at me. I smiled. He was all I could need."

He was my other part.

The other part was Yoseob.

"Seobbie says we need to meet up at the hospital. He has something to say."

I felt something break again when I heard his name.

"Nodding, I stood and proceeded to take a bath. Then we dressed up, and went to the hospital. We saw Doojoon and Dongwoon there, waiting outside Junhyung's room. It seemed none of them slept well either. Then Yoseob went out of Junhyung's room, and smiled weakfully."

It was pitiful.

"No one tells Junhyung about we being together. We're just friends, roommates, and I was his benefactor. That's all."

His voice was trembling. I could feel the pain in his voice. I was surprised when I heard this, because he's asking us to not tell what was forgotten to Junhyung.

Then it came to me.

Why was it forgotten?

You can't just suddenly forget something important.

There must be a reason.

And Yoseob doesn't know the reason, but still he wants to sacrifice his self.

He was already broken.

"Dongwoon protested, saying he was only going to get hurt. "N-no! I.. know! B-but I deserve this..."

All of us know that he doesn't deserve this pain.

There was no way he could.

"And then he cried again, kneeled, leaving us to stare at our friend's fragile state."

It was painful.

"He buried his face on his hands. He whispered to us his pleas."

"D-don't...sob... ple-ase.. don't tell...sob... j-junnie-ah."

God, if there was one.

Please help this poor soul.

Prevent him from bearing pain any longer.

Save him.

He already has too much burden.

"And that;s how we agreed, not to tell Junhyung about his past about Yoseob. It was more of a promise. A promise that would only hurt Yoseob more., that we could only comply.