The body remembers

Don't Forget

 

A/N: The long awaited Junhyung pov! OTL. His character is so hard, I think I'm gonna be having problems about him. This chapter is so ugly I didn't feel a thing.:(. Anyway, enjoy. 

Chapter 4: The body remembers
Junhyung pov.


"I never liked hospitals ever since I was a child."

And there's no doubt that I still hated them, now that I'm confined to one.

"I hate it when someone worries over me, even hate it when someone cries over me."

I don't want to be a burden to them.

Because I'll end up hating myself for that.

"That's why it was better to be alone, dealing with my own problems, no matter how big and bad they are."

I don't need anybody.

That's what I thought over the years. 

Though they are a few exemptions.

"Yoon Doojoon."

My best friend over the years.

"Lee Kikwang"

An idiot who loves Carrot-head.

"Jang Hyunseung."

Carrot-head who loves the idiot.

"Son Dongwoon and,"

A weird guy.

"Yan....g... eh?"

The one I.... who?
.
.
----

"Junnie-ah, Junnie-ah,..... " I hear someone chanting my name. It roused me from my sleep. The voice was hoarse, yet it was unknowingly soothing to my ears."
 
Call my name more.
 
Whoever you are.
 
"Then it stopped, making me frown. There was silence in the air, curious, I ducked my head to the side, trying to hear more."
 
You were crying.
 
Somehow, it pained me.
 
Don't cry.
 
"I felt your hand grasping my hand. I returned it by grasping your hand tightly, as if assuring you that everything's gonna be okay."
 
Then you cried harder.
 
Why?
 
"So I opened my eyes, squinting when the light became foreign to me. And then I saw you, shedding tears."
 
Is that... for me?
 
Don't.
 
"A teardrop fell on my face, as he hovered on me. "Junnie-ah!" he said to me."
 
Why are you crying?
 
Stop.
 
"I reached to cup his face using my free hand. I wanted to wipe those tears from his face. But my hand gave out."
 
"Yo...seob."
 
My voice was also hoarse.
 
Eh?
 
Who.. said that?
 
My voice was not mine.
 
"I... love.. you.."
 
My mouth moved on its own.
 
Wha.. why did I say that?
 
I don't.. even.. know this person.
 
Or do I?
 
"Before anything happens, a wave of pain rushed through me, making everything out. The last thing I saw was your crying face, and the last thing I heard was you screaming my name."
 
Then I fell to an endless slumber.

----
 
"I was in a dream, where I was surrounded by darkness. I was alone. "
 
It was scary.
 
"So I ran, trying to find anyone in there."
 
Everything was blinded by the darkness.
 
"I called for anyone. Doojoon, Kikwang, Dongwoon, Hyunseung,anyone."
 
But a name of someone kept ringing on my mind.
 
"Yang Yoseob, Yang Yoseob."
 
My heart kept telling me to call his name.
 
"So I called his name continuously."
 
It felt warm inside.
 
"And suddenly it was no longer scary."

I still kept running, hoping to find an exit.
 
"Yoseob, Yoseob, Yoseob..."
 
And then I saw a light from a far.
 
"I ran towards the light. I was getting close, and closer, when--"
 
"Let's break up."
 
"Eh?"

There were voices that I kept hearing towards the way. It slowed me down. The other voice was mine, and the other was from... ?
 
"I'm sorry."
 
"Stopping, I turned around, trying to sense where is it coming from."
 
"Just... forget about me.."
 
"I'm sorry, but I need to this."
 
Everything was confusing. Why.. am I saying those things?

"Junnie! I love you!"
 
"Heh,I love you too!"
 
He was chuckling on that one.
 
Who am I saying those words to?
 
"I want to die.."
 
"No!"
 
I covered my ears.
 
"Yoseob.. Yoseob.."
 
"Who.. are you?"
 
And like watching a movie with its fast forward button pressed, the memories of him and me flooded inside me. But as quickly as I remembered it, it disappeared, as if hitting the end button. 
 
"Then I couldn't see the light anymore. It was gone with the wind."
 
I'm stuck there, in the eternal darkness.
 
"Save me!"
 
----

"Then I woke up, and everyone was there; except someone who I've never seen before. He had black hair, pale skin, a round button nose, and eyes that are bloodshot. "Who are you," I asked you."
 
Have we met before?
 
Because you seemed so familiar.
 
What.. is this?
 
"YAH! What's wrong with you?!" Hyunseung asked me."
 
Is he angry or what?
 
"What do you mean?" He was about to speak when he was cut by the unknown person. "Y-Yang Yoseob," he said to me, I can feel him shaking."
 
"Why... are you here," I asked again. Then suddenly his tears overflowed."
 
What?
 
Did I do something wrong?
 
"But then the doctor and the nurse came, saying you all needed to leave. I wanted to talk to that person."
 
Why he was crying, why he was here, and everything.

Do I know him?
.
.
---

"The doctor checked the readings, said that I slipped and fell down the stairs.No wonder my body ached. He asked if I met someone new today. "
 
I said yes.
 
Then he shook his head.
 
"You need some rest," he said, as he and the nurse exited the room."
 
"Yang Yoseob, who are you?"

What are you to me?
 
.
.
---
"When I woke up for the third time that day, I felt like grieving for no reason."
 
It felt like I'm missing someone.
 
Or lost him.
 
"I stared at the white ceiling relentlessly. Then I head my door open. I saw you again, but I can't remember your name. So I asked again, and you froze. "
 
I regretted the moment I asked you that.
 
"You said your name. Unconsciously, I asked why are you here."
 
I don't know you.
 
Why is there a stranger visiting me?
 
"You gingerly went to me, and I watched you as you held out your hand."
 
You looked a little sad.

"Yang Yoseob, your roommate and benefactor!" Then you grinned. I took your hand and shook it."
 
If you're my roommate then.. how come I've never seen you before?
 
I didn't dare to ask that of course, for he was already trembling when I shook his hand.
 
"Yong Junhyung."
 
You gave me a small smile.
 
"We're you the one who found me at the stairs?"
 
I saw him flinched.
 
"Neh."
 
"I see."
 
There was an awkward silence between us.
 
"You shifted uncomfortably, and I just observed you."

He looked like he haven't slept for weeks.

Dark, black rings around his eyes, making his young face look older.

"Haven't you slept yet?" I asked. He looked away. "Ah... I haven't slept yet."

I didn't know what happened.

My body move on its own.

"I grabbed his arm, and pulled him to the bed. He squeaked. "

What.. did I do?

Oh my god.

"He looked at me for explanation. I blushed slightly and scratched my cheek in nervousness. "Err...."

!  Think of something, Yong Junhyung! You just pulled a guy you have met just 5 minutes ago!

"The bed's big for the two of us?" I said to him. Then he blushed."
'
It's cute.

I kinda like it.

"O-okay. Thanks." He laid his head on the pillow, turned his back, so that our backs are in line with each other."

What's this feeling?

My heart's thumping so fast.

This is because of nervousness isn't it?

"I glanced at the boy, and he was already asleep. He had his hands together and it was on the middle of his hips. I chuckled."

What a weird way of sleeping.

"Unconsciously, I reached for his head, and petted him."

What?

My body move on its own again.

What is happening to me?

"I looked at Yoseob."

The way his name rings in my ears when I speak of him gives me a nostalgic feeling.

It felt that I have known him before.

Are we friends?

"Who..are you to me?" I whispered, as I continued to pet his hair. It was soft to my fingertips, that it was kind of addicting."

What are we?

It's on the end of my tongue but I can't seem to place it.

"He was shaking, and tears are already trickling down on his cheek, though this time it trickled on the side because of his sleeping position."

There was a knot on my throat.

No.

Don't cry.

"I shushed him,soothed his back by forming circles, and wiped his tears from his eyes using my thumb. "It's gonna be okay. Don't cry now."

Amazingly, I did stop his tears.

"He stopped crying, shaking, and relaxed towards me. He lied on his back, and I can now see his face. He was looking more peaceful now."

A sense of relief rushed in to me. 

I don't know why but I feel like I should stop his tears whenever they fall.

Ah, but who was he crying to then?

I hope it's not me.

"I began to gaze at him longingly."

There it goes again.

But I don't really hate it.

I'm just.. confused.

Why am I doing this to him?

"I reached to cup his face, it was wet from his tears."

I fondled his cheek.

"Hey you."

"Don't cry anymore."

I think I'm starting to get protective of this person.

I don't know but.. there's a question in the back of my mind.

I don't want to bring it, asking myself and you for it.

But I can't helped it.

"Yoseob, are we.. lovers?"

.
.