Let's go to the cinema

Appa Joonmyeon and his five baby dwarfs

 

Let's go to the cinema - Family!au Drabble


 

As per usual, any idea Joonmyun gets he tends to regret.

Five minutes into taking his kids to the cinema, Joonmyun realises he shouldn’t have. He realises how spending ten more minutes at home deciding on a film, and pre-buying the popcorn and candies, probably would have spared him the exhaustion. Because now, the kids, sans Kyungsoo, are on the mother of all rampages, and Joonmyun is ready to mother-ing collapse.

Jongin and Sehun were too busy bickering at the ticket booth, to realise that a small group of children, their age, had formed around them. Baekhyun was off at the sweets counter, drooling at the candies, as he tiptoed to reach the tempting pink jars filled with sugar-dusted bonbons and multi coloured liquorice. And before Kyungsoo could intervene, and pull Sehun away from the painful looking punch Jongin was hurling at him, he was dragged, rather rudely, away, by Chanyeol. Only to find himself facing toward the new claw machine, his hands forced onto the lever, with Chanyeol squealing in his ear about how he just had to get that ferret plushy for him because it was quote, ‘way too cute to be without a family.’

And then there’s Joonmyun. Standing in the middle of the cinema complex, with six tickets in hand and some popcorn boxes held against his chest by his arm, he doesn’t even know where to begin. Not to mention, his head was still throbbing, in desperate need of an ice pack.

And some tequila.
 

But this wasn’t even the start.

Let’s press restart, shall we.

Warning; what you are about to see is another nugget of appa Joonmyun’s misfortunate life, solely for the purpose of entertainment, mockery and lets maybe add a dash of pity.  It’s pretty bad already, but all those in favour of seeing it get even worse, say aye.

Aye.
 

Joonmyun pulls the back door of his SUV, and out hop his children one by one. Kyungsoo, being the favourite (well, he likes to think), is first, stepping out before brushing his clothes from any wrinkles. But then, out of the blue, Chanyeol jumps out, grabbing onto the shorter boy’s shoulders, before yelling about how happy he was that appa was taking them to the cinema for the first time in ages.

“Kyunggie~, Kyunggie~ jump with me!” Chanyeol called, hopping up and down on each foot, as he kept his hands firmly on Kyungsoo’s shoulders. The younger frowned, attempting to shrug the taller off without avail.

So, he turned around and slapped Chanyeol on the arm.

“Ouch,” Chanyeol mumbled, rubbing his injured arm, as he watched Kyungsoo frown and stomp away.

“Better luck next time,” Baekhyun said through lollipop in his mouth, as he followed out of the car, and tapped Chanyeol’s shoulder sympathetically. Chanyeol huffed out a sigh, scratching his head, and Baekhyun popped the lolly out from between his lips and skipped away.

Suddenly, Chanyeol brightened up. A hypothetical thirty kilo-watt light bulb, practically twinkled above his head, and Chanyeol’s wide smile was a little more terrifying with the addition of his twitching left eye.

I will make you smile at me, Kyunggie, I will.  

With that, he eagerly begins to follow Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, who are waiting for their appa at the car park crossing.
 

“Jonginnie, wake up baby,” Joonmyun cooed, as he rubbed light circles on Jongin’s back in an attempt to rise him from his slumber.

But Sehun had a better idea.

“Here, let me appa,” Sehun said, a wide smile on his lips. He was sitting on the opposite seat to Jongin, and when Joonmyun agreed, the smile turned into a smirk. He’s been meaning to get Jongin back for days now, ever since his brother poured apple juice down his pants and humiliated him in front of the whole of pre-school, so he guessed the best pay back should be a painful one.

With a quick excuse, Sehun feigned shock as he pointed at the sky and urged for his appa to look at it. Joonmyun turned around, swiftly, squinting at the clear, blue sky to see nothing but a few fray clouds.

Instantly, Sehun pulled his leg back as far as he could in the seat, and aimed for Jongin’s shin, the top of his trainer hitting Jongin’s leg, hard. Jongin’s eyes shot open, a knee-jerk reaction, and he howled with all of his might. His eyes squeezing shut, and his mouth open, releasing one of the most blood-curdling screams Joonmyun has ever heard.

Joonmyun turned around in concern, his forehead bumping with the top of the passenger door entry in doing so.

“Ah, fu-”

Joonmyun bit his tongue, eyes watering slightly, but glad he refrained from cursing right in front of his young children.

Yeah, not a good idea now, not a good idea ever, Joonmyun.

Especially after he caught Jongin using the word ‘face’, as an adjective to describe his friend Taemin one night, only to enlighten Joonmyun with the fact that, no, he didn’t learn the word from appa, but from a show he and Baekhyun stumbled upon when Joonmyun was doing the dishes with Kyungsoo.  

He rubbed his head, one eye opening to check on his sons.

“Is everything okay?” Joonmyun asks frantically, one hand on his head, the other on Jongin’s forehead, “Jongin, honey, what happened?” he says softly, opening his other eye, before stealing a glance at Sehun, who was wheezing with laughter, bent over his seat.

“M-m-my,” Jongin starts, stammering, with tears trickling down his face, and a pout already showing signs of forming.

“LEG…HURTS…SO…BAD APPA,” Jongin half-scream whined, as he gripped onto his calf as if it had been shot. He threw a glare to Sehun, in amidst crying, the look practically screaming ‘it’s on Sehun, oh, it’s on,’ before he looked up at Joonmyun, sniffling.

“It’s okay, honey, it might be nothing. You probably got bitten by an ant, that’s all, here let me look at it,” Joonmyun comforted, as he pulled up Jongin’s khaki three-quarters, and rubbed small, soft lines, as he blew on it.

“Jongin you’re thuch a cry baby,” Sehun laughed, pointing at Jongin with a wide grin.

“Am not!”

Jongin pulled Sehun’s finger back, stopping only when Sehun scream-begged for forgiveness.

“Come on you two, we’re going to be late,” Joonmyun warned, taking a look back to check on the others who were already at the roads crossing. He’d like to say that they were patiently waiting for him, but…

Baekhyun was scrambling to grab Kyungsoo’s hand, dictating the dangers of the road, much to Kyungsoo’s dismay, who really didn’t want to hold onto a sweaty hand in the boiling heat. And Chanyeol looked as if he was distracted by a lamppost, a few feet behind the two.

He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment, before looking at Jongin.

“Come on, let’s go,” he urged, pulling Sehun’s hand to help the younger step down from the SUV and onto the ground.

Jongin gulped, the height from his seat to the ground looked scary. For Jongin, it was comparable to the same height it would take for someone to sky dive from space. All exaggerations excluded.

“Appa,” Jongin started, a little wary as he eyed the ground, “carry me, appa, pretty please,” he whined softly, looking up at Joonmyun through his black bangs, eyes glossed over with tears, but Joonmyun didn’t have time and energy for that cute .  

“Jongin, don’t be silly, come on,”

“APPA!”

“Alright, if you don’t come out, I’m locking the car,” Joonmyun said (not at all) convincingly. But Jongin didn’t budge; instead, he crossed his arms and earned an eye roll from Sehun.

“Three.” Joonmyun began counting down, his eyes serious.

Jongin raised his head higher.

“Two.”

He sniffled, blinking, once, twice, as Joonmyun kept his gaze stern.

“One.”


“Let’s go, now,” Joonmyun said, when he reached Chanyeol, ushering the taller boy to hurry so that they could make their way to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo at the road crossing.

Chanyeol looked up, confused, and a little curious.  

“Appa, how come Jonginnie gets a ride on your back?” he said, looking over to see Sehun huff and blow up at his fringe as he looked to the side, before slipping his hand through Joonmyun’s.

“He hurt his leg, now come on,” Joonmyun said, albeit a little defeated, when Jongin kicked at the side and yelled ‘giddy up horsey,’ and nearly choked him with the small arms, squeezing around his neck.

Great example of parental discipline, Joonmyun. Outstanding.

“That’s not fair!” Chanyeol sulked.

“Tell me about it.” Sehun mumbled clutching onto Joonmyun’s hand tighter, as they all walked toward the crossing.

Joonmyun could already hear Baekhyun’s attempted (cute) authoritative voice chiding Kyungsoo, giving the boy a lecture on the safety of crossing the road and how sometimes looking left and right isn’t what saves you from going to the hospital. But right now, Kyungsoo wished he was at the hospital, or anywhere to get away from Baekhyun’s little words of wisdom – that seemed to have gotten a little in over his head.  

“Kyunggie, hold my hand, I don’t want you to get hurt,” Baekhyun tried grabbing at Kyungsoo’s hand, a frown etched on his face, and his tongue sticking out from the corner of his mouth.

“No.”

“Hey, listen to me, I’m older than you!” Baekhyun stated, taking his lolly pop out of his mouth and holding it in his other hand.

“No.” Kyungsoo managed to flinch away, his back hitting Joonmyun’s legs, and he turned around.

“Do what your brother tells you, Soo,” Joonmyun says softly, smiling at them both.

“Ok.” Kyungsoo answers, smiling, before taking Baekhyun’s hand, and Baekhyun smiles triumphant (as if Kyungsoo had finally found reason and listened to him), as they make their way across the road altogether, through the doors of the cinema complex.

The cinema is huge, Joonmyun thinks, as he places Jongin down carefully. There are bright, flashing lights coming from everywhere, some on toys, and some on ice cream machines and at counters, all to lure children – no – to lure the wallets of their parents in.

The complex is separated into a few different areas, but right now, all Joonmyun is focused on is the ticket booth right up ahead. Especially when there are so many children, practically swimming around them, as they too walk along with their parents.

He doesn’t really notice, when Baekhyun drops his lolly on the ground, and eyes the sweet counter a little too much, or when Chanyeol stares at the games section for a little too long.

They all make their way to the front, a small queue welcoming them, and Kyungsoo promptly releases his hand from Baekhyun. The brown haired boy frowns, sad when Kyungsoo lets go, to which Kyungsoo replies with a ‘we’re not on the road anymore’ shrug.

Jongin looks around the right side, eyes locking on the screen playing the Lego movie advert.

And Sehun looks around the left, to see a 2D spider man board standing up near the snack aisles.

They gasp, at the same time, pulling at Joonmyun’s hands from either side.

“I WANNA WATCH THE LEGO MOVIE,” “I WANNA WATCH THPIDER MAN!”

They say, simultaneously, and Joonmyun thinks he’s losing it, because they did not just say what he thinks he heard. The two usually agree on everything – okay, everything being an overstatement. But when he came to Nintendo games, films, books, songs – the two would almost always approve.

It had to be today, when Joonmyun had more than a million problems – one of which was making sure to keep dragging Baekhyun to the line, whenever he saw the boy drifting towards the sweet store. For him to have to deal with this.

“Boy’s, how about we let the others decide too?” Joonmyun tries, a glimmer of hope in his eyes, as he sees the two null the idea of sharing over. It’s not long till that glimmer dies though, when Jongin clearly states he doesn’t by blowing Sehun a raspberry. To which Sehun replies with another kick to said boy’s shin.

Joonmyun was about to tell both Sehun and Jongin off, but the line was moving, and soon they were second up ahead.

“Kyunggie, Baekkie, Yeol, boys, what would you like to watch?” Joonmyun asked, as he looked up at the family-films-to-watch notice board.  

Chanyeol was about to open his mouth and suggest Barbie World: The Sequel, but Kyungsoo quickly threw his hand over Chanyeol’s mouth, as a little of the boy’s auburn curls fell into his eyes.  

“Monsters University, appa,” Kyungsoo said, before looking at Jongin and Sehun. “Jonginnie, you liked the first one, and Sehunnie, there are lots of monsters too!”

The two boy’s eyes widened and Kyungsoo found himself being hurdled to the ground by the two, as they hugged Kyungsoo tightly. Instead of the movie choice, they argued about who could hug Kyungsoo the best.

Joonmyun took that as a ‘yes’, and smiled down at the three. He brushed Chanyeol’s hair out of his eyes, and looked at the boy caringly.

“You didn’t want to watch anything too, did you, Yeollie?” he asked as he ruffled the tall boy’s hair affectionately.

Chanyeol took a quick glance at Sehun and Jongin’s smiling faces, as Kyungsoo tried to get them both off of him. Something warmed his chest whilst he watched Kyungsoo giggle when Jongin’s nose met his neck and when Sehun began to tickle his tummy.

“No, it’s okay appa,” he says, looking up at appa, “Monster’s University is perfect!” he finishes, fist pumping the air.

“Alright then, and, Baekkie, what about y-”

And Joonmyun’s cut off when he doesn’t Baekhyun in the huddle.

“Baekhyun?”

His eyes go straight to the food area, particularly the sweet’s section, and he thinks he can make out the top of Baekhyun’s soft, brown hair and his red ‘Car’s’ t-shirt from the distance.

“Hold on,” Joonmyun begins, readying himself to go and collect Baekhyun, before giving him a speech on how important it is to stay by appa’s side at all times, (and he thinks he finally gets where Baekhyun gets his know-it-all side), but then it’s their turn in the line.

Joonmyun quickly moves forward, ushering Chanyeol in front of him, and pulling the other three along, before asking for six tickets for Monster’s University. The ticket clerk looks up, stone faced.

“We’re all out.”

“Sorry?” Joonmyun chokes out, because, yes, of course he should have expected the tickets to be sold out.

“They’re all sold out,”

“Yes, I know that, but isn’t there a way we can-”

“There are no more tickets for this movie.” The till clerk says, almost robotically, and Joonmyun can already feel his headache return from the incident at the car.

He rubs his forehead with his finger and thumb, and closes his eyes for a second – he needs a miracle.

The ticket clerk chews his gum – rather unhelpfully – before sighing, and tapping his fingers against the side of the booth he’s in.

But Joonmyun doesn’t back down, instead, he looks at the notice board again, and decides to go ‘all hell’, and eenie meenie miney mo it.  

“You can try the other tills,” The clerk finally suggests, using his thumb to point at another booth across the room.

Joonmyun, smiles, but then stops smiling.

To do that, he’d need to go and get Baekhyun, and then go to the other side. But as he looks at the line, slowly getting longer and longer, he decides to risk it.

“Okay, I have a game we can all play,” Joonmyun says, with every ounce of excitement he can master up, as he crouches down to his kids. He’s away from the line now, gone into the middle of the complex where there are less people. Jongin and Sehun look particularly happy, as the children are all ears.

“Kyunggie and Yeollie will be the leaders, so split into two groups.”

Jongin literally pounces on Kyungsoo, clamping his arms around the smaller boy’s waist, and Kyungsoo smacks his hands away. Jongin smiles at him, cheeks bunching up at the top, and Kyungsoo doesn’t really know why he smiles either.

Sehun scoots over to Chanyeol, the two initiating with a secret hand shake.

“The game is to decide who can get Baekhyun back here into the centre of the cinema, the fastest?”

All the boys nod, eager.

“Ready?”

“Set,”

“GO!” Joonmyun shouts and claps at the ‘go,’ watching as the boys scurry away.

He quickly turns back, stealing one last glance at his children. Not really being able to tell if they reached the sweet section, because he just manages to get third in line – jumping just before an ajumma, which he’s not especially proud of, but the feeing of satisfaction doesn’t hurt, and in this situation he has no choice.

for his wallet in his pocket, Joonmyun goes on to the second task of making sure he actually brought enough money.


“STOP!” Jongin called, halting his running, as he pressed his heels into the ground. Kyungsoo, since he was holding Jongin’s hand, got tugged back, and Chanyeol and Sehun stopped after the commotion.

The sweet counter was practically footsteps away.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, keeping his grip firmly on Jongin’s hand.

“The name of our group, we forgot to decide!” Jongin says worriedly, and Sehun gasps in agreement.

“Hey, we can call our group-”

Chanyeol was again swiftly interrupted.

“-thpider man!” Sehun finished for Chanyeol, his eyes gleaming with excitement when he thought about how awesome it would be to walk on walls and hit things with cobwebs coming from his hands. First cobweb victim; Jongin.

Jongin looked betrayed, until the clockwork of his mind finally ticked in place when he realised his chance.

“Then our name is LEGO TEAM!” Jongin said proudly, his cheeks red and lips wet from them in excitement.

Kyungsoo dragged his hand down his face.

“Fine.” Sehun finished.

“Fine.” Jongin repeated.

Just when it felt like it was over-

“Thpider man is best, Yeollie, you get to do so much cool thuff!”

“Nuh-uh, Lego is funner, right Kyunggie?”

“Umm…”

“See, even Kyunggie says so!”

“THPIDER MAN IS BEST.”

“LEGO.”

“THPIDER MAN.”

“LEGO.”

“THPIDER MAN!”

“LEGO!”

Nearby, some of the children silently walk away from their distracted parents, and towards the commotion made by Jongin and Sehun. Soon, Jongin and Sehun are in the centre of a small circle, where children are all calling out whether their favourite films are Lego or Spider man.

It’s not long, before it goes out of hand, and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol find themselves holding both Sehun and Jongin back.


“Thank you,” Joonmyun says kindly to the other (much nicer) till clerk, as he pockets the tickets and looks at the extra change in his wallet.

The smell of butter popcorn is all too tempting, and blissfully unaware, Joonmyun trails after the smell of freshly sweetcorn.

What’s the worst that could happen?


“It’s okay if I just touch one,” Baekhyun mutters to himself, as he his lips, looking at the multiple arrays of candy fill jars. Heaven looks just as Baekhyun imagined it would, and he finds himself reaching out, towards the jars. Nothing but hope fills in his eyes, and Baekhyun can vouch for himself, as the ‘big boy’ he is, that what was filling his eyes were not tears, because, again, he was a big boy who never cried.

Wiping a stray, caught off-guard, and completely random, tear, Baekhyun goes back to ogling at the different sweets surrounding him.

Colours he didn’t think sweets were possible to create in, attacked his senses, and with wide eyes he promised himself he couldn’t go, not without just trying one.

“Only one…” Baekhyun mumbles, convincing himself that he wouldn’t get into trouble.

Usually, if this was Jongin, Baekhyun would instantly slap Jongin’s hands away from the sweets and pull him to somewhere less troublesome, but this wasn’t Jongin – it was Baekhyun.

And what Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets.

So with hungry eyes, Baekhyun reaches out, tip toeing up to peak his head from the side of the counter, and his short arms only lets the tips of his fingers meet the edge of the jars. He tries again, completely unaware of the cashier, who’s too busy sorting out other jaws on the other side to notice Baekhyun.


“LEGOOOO!”

“THPIDER MANNNN!!”

The battle still commences between the two.

The group of children still surround the four, screaming with the ones they’re rooting for.

It’s a miracle how not many of the parents notice their missing children, except for an odd few who quickly pull their children away from the hazard area, and tell them off at the sides, before taking them away altogether.

Sehun is all ready to kick Jongin in the shin again, but this time Jongin’s ready, as he collects the spit at the back of his throat and hacks it back up on his hand.

Chanyeol hastily lets go of Jongin from his hold, grossed out, and a tad tired, as his interests fly elsewhere when the bright lights and sounds coming from the games area catches his attention. With a new lease of freedom, Jongin drives forward, spit in hand loaded and ready, and Kyungsoo has a tough job pulling Sehun back, as the younger fists his small hands ready, and glares at Jongin. Although, it’s pretty hard for it to come across as scary, when really Jongin sees Sehun’s glares as the equivalent of a chipmunk squinting. And he doesn’t think he can resist the urge to pinch his little brother’s cheeks.

Chanyeol pulls Kyungsoo by the boy’s upper arm, and drags him along with him towards the gaming section, this was his chance; he was going to make Kyunggie smile with him.

Because who doesn’t smile when they win games?

Kyungsoo frowns when he feels himself moving away from Sehun, and he loses his grip, on Sehun’s jacket. He’s dragged long before he can see what is happening, and Chanyeol is nothing but determined to get to a certain claw machine he eyed since the beginning.

“Get the ferret, get the ferret!” Chanyeol says childishly, forgetting that he’s considerably older than Kyungsoo. However, he’s certainly not old enough to never want a ferret plushy. Because come on, who is?

“But, Channie-”

“Get it, get it, get it, get it, get it,” Chanyeol repeated, impatiently bobbing from toe to toe, as he pushing Kyungsoo’s hands down onto the levers. After managing to find a few abandoned coins in his pocket, he feeds it into the machine, and watches as it lights up to life, the ferret smack bang in the middle of the toy chaos.

“I’m not sure, Channie…you do it…” Kyungsoo says, apprehensive, as he tries to let go of the levers, and Chanyeol takes a second to stop bouncing on Kyungsoo’s shoulders and actually listen.

“You can do it Kyunggie, I’ll teach you first, and then you have a go, okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded, dropping his hands from the lever, but Chanyeol didn’t have any of that. No, Chanyeol, pushed Kyungsoo’s hands back onto the two levers, and placed his hands atop. Even though Chanyeol’s hands were clammy, Kyungsoo didn’t mind, it was weirdly nice to have his older brother teaching him things.

Even though in Chanyeol’s world, ‘teaching’ was a big, impossible word.

“There, you see, it’s easy!” Chanyeol said, fist pumping the air once again, when he clawed his way through several toys and managed to pull out a blue plushy. He wasn’t able to see what it was, but by Kyungsoo’s (cute as ), high pitched scream, he knew.

“A PORORO PENGUIN PLUSHY!” Kyungsoo shrieked, round eyed and seemingly having a heart attack.

“CHANNIE YOU’RE THE BEST!” Kyungsoo said after, attaching himself to Chanyeol in a tight hug, tip toeing so that his head could rest on the top of Chanyeol’s chest.

Chanyeol hasn’t really had this from Kyungsoo in a while, and so he held onto it for as long as he could, his curly hair in his eyes to cover the tears that were gathering.

Kyungsoo grabbed onto Chanyeol’s hand, as he turned around to get his toy.

He hugged it as hard as he could; kissing the top of the plushy’s probably a million times, and looked up at Chanyeol, all smiles and small giggles.

Mission accomplished, Chanyeol thinks, the ferret plushy rendering worthless to one of Kyungsoo’s smiles.


Joonmyun steps out from the popcorn stall, gladly popping one into his mouth, as he makes his way towards the cinema centre. As he reaches there, he pulls out the tickets, to check the time. The corn sticks to his throat, when he sees they only have ten minutes to get into the theatre for the film to start, and he frantically looks around for his children.

The centre is empty.

No children, whatsoever.

But a little ways to the side Joonmyun can see a dwindling group of short, young kids hovering around what looks like two little boys.

His little boys.

Stumbling, Joonmyun makes his way towards the group, but his feet decide to take a day off and go the other way, when he hears the sound of glass smattering from the sweet section. Something in his mind tells him he’s in trouble, as he chants ‘please don’t let it be Baekhyun, please don’t let it be Baekhyun, please don’t let it be Baekhyun-‘  

“APPA!!”

It’s Baekhyun.

The smaller stands next to the counter, eyebrows knitted together and mouth open, as he stares at the chards of glass and candy fusion on the floor. The cashier, rocks back and forth, before tending to his ‘babies’, as he grabs at what were the remains of a pink-bonbon filled sweet jar.

Baekhyun quickly runs to his appa, arms wrapping around Joonmyun’s legs, as he shakes in fear.

He never meant to break it.

He just wanted to hold it.

And Joonmyun picks Baekhyun up, knowing all too well, that this was the time for all important cuddles. So he hugs Baekhyun tightly, letting the younger hide his face in the crook of Baekhyun’s neck, and tells him to ‘hush, don’t cry, appa will fix it.’

Baekhyun finds solace in those words, as he whines out strings of ‘sorry, sorry’ and ‘I’ll never walk off again,’ to which Joonmyun finds himself smiling to, because he knows, guaranteed, Baekhyun will do it again.

For example, the week after, on the daily commute for grocery shopping, when Baekhyun found himself lost in the vegetable section with nothing but a rather unhelpful toy compass (which he grabbed earlier) to help him.

Joonmyun managed to find him by propping Chanyeol on his shoulders, and searching the whole supermarket with the rest of the children.

Fun day.

 

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, finally make their way towards Jongin and Sehun, to find the crowd missing, and instead, Sehun and Jongin were standing, playing rock, paper and scissors, as if their little fight didn’t even happen.

“Is everything okay?” Chanyeol asked warily, not wanting to reignite anything.

And Jongin and Sehun didn’t look up from their match, so Chanyeol assumed it was all okay.

Until, Sehun beat Jongin with scissors over Jongin’s paper.

“YOU CHEATED SEHUN!”

“NUH UH,”

“UH HUH,”

“NUH UH!”

“Hey?” Joonmyun said, with two popcorn boxes in his hands, and Baekhyun standing beside him, happily, munching away at the half that remained in the box he was holding. Chanyeol tried to steal a piece, but Baekhyun slapped his hand away.

“Let’s go!” Joonmyun exclaimed, smiling when he saw the faces of his children light up.

Joonmyun offered Sehun a popcorn box, to which Jongin tried to battle over, and then gave one to Kyungsoo, where Chanyeol had successfully been able to slide a few pieces of popcorn into his mouth. The pairs walked along, as Joonmyun guided them to aisle 11, where the film was being played in, as he held onto Baekhyun’s hand.

“Hey, save some for me,” Joonmyun said softly to Baekhyun, who already stuffed his whole mouth with popcorn. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, as much as he could with his cheeks filled, and nodded, before handing over the box to Joonmyun, and Joonmyun couldn’t hide the chuckle, as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

They all sat down into their seats as the film began.

Joonmyun tried stretching his arms over Baekhyun’s shoulders to get himself a little popcorn, but somehow Baekhyun still managed to hide the box, and look up at his appa through popcorn filled cheeks totell him it was empty.

Kyungsoo was hugging his Pororo plushy, as he tried to lean his head against Chanyeol’s shoulder, but he ended up finding himself leaning into Chanyeol's side, so the elder slouched in his seat, fidgeting uncomfortably, as he let Kyungsoo rest his head on his shoulder. 

"Stop moving, Yeollie," Kyungsoo said sleepily, eyes fluttering close, as he clutched onto his plushy.

"Okay," Chanyeol smiled, watching as Kyungsoo fell blinked a few times in his sleep, and a smile creeped up his baby lips. 

And right at the end, Jongin and Sehun were fast asleep before the title sequence was up, both of their hands, jammed inside their popcorn box.   


sorry for the late update tut tut and all that jazz 
Had a few feels, thought I’d splay em on a page or two, happy reading! – plus, if you guys keep commenting I might think about updating more often (and not like every month), heheh shameless blackmailing? I think not.