Chapter 1

Immortal Song 2

“Ji Eun! Help me with the last of the box!” My father shouted from outside, I heard from the second floor in my room since the window was open. “NEH!” I shouted out of the window and ran my way downstairs. I quickly held the other side of the large box,

“Phew! Thank Lord! If you weren’ t here, I’d probably drop the plasma screen t.v!”

Ji Eun giggled and carefully led the T.V to the living room with her dad. They released it slowly at the same time and panted, “Aigoo Appa…… Next time hire people to help us. My back is so sore!”JI Eun pouted. “Yah! After all that hiking and soccer trainings I gave you? You still complain about your physique?” Ji Eun laughed and jokingly rolled her eyes, “You’re the one to talk Mr. Varsity football captain, who makes his daughter help him with a small plasma T.V.” Ji Eun joked.

“Oh my, you two seem tired, I made some lemonade luckily!” Ji Eun’s mother emerged from the kitchen as if on cue and handed it to Ji Eun and her dad.

“Thank you mom!”
“Thank you Honey!”
Ji Eun and her father said in unison.

They sat in a circle around the half filled living room and sipped on their lemonade.

“So Ji Eun, which college are you attending to Seoul?” Her mother asked,

“OOOH! Probably a prestigious school of some sort! My daughter is smart!”

“Aniyo……. I…. I’m not going to a college---“

Her parents did a spit take on Ji Eun’s face and shouted out “BWOH!?”

Ji Eun wiped her wet face and glared at them, “For now---“

“Why!? You’re smart! How can you not be going to a college!?” Her father questioned,

“I actually did get accepted to a few---“

“THEN WHY AREN’T YOU IN ONE!?” Her mther cried out.

Ji Eun looked down and grinned,
“You guys….. Remember why I only agreed to come to Seoul in the first place right?”

Ji Eun’s parents looked at each other, thinking the other knew the answer,
Ji Eun’s mother’s thoughts finally came clear,

“Oh yes….. You want to be a singer…..”

“Oh yeah…..” Her father smiled,

“Neh….It’s not like I’m not going to go to a college, it’s just I just want to focus on singing for now….But don’t worry guys, I will b apply for a college when I’m ready.” Ji Eun smiled at her parents.

They both grinned softly and nodded, “Araso, we trust in you Ji Eun, just make sure you’ll make the right decision…” Her father patted her shoulder,

“Ay, I know, I’m actually going to audition tomorrow morning.” Ji Eun announced and sipped her lemonade.

“Oh really? For what entertainment?”

“SM entertainment.” Ji Eun answered,

“Aish…. That one, With the strict rules. How will you have time for me dear?” Her father cried and hugged his daughter.

“Appa! I’ll still have time for you okay? It’s fine! I know I’ll make it.”

“Of course we do! You’re a really talented singer Ji Eun, we have your support!” Her mother cheered.

“Just make sure you don’t fall in love with any of the guys in SM!” Ji Euin’s father lectured,
“Like….Yesung from Super Junior! Ugh! His style is so rebellious! And….. Yunho from TVXQ! Bad boy written all over him!”

Ji Eun chuckled, “I know Appa----“

“OH BUT Especially not the guy from SHINEE! What’s his name? Uh…… AH! KIM JONGHYUN!”

Ji Eun’s smile disappeared and she slowly turned to an abandoned puppy dog face, she looked down and slowly stood up, “I know, I won’t date anyone….. Uh…… I have to go…… unpack…..” Ji Eun said in a depressed voice.

Her parent’s stared at Ji Eun as she sadly walked up to her room and slammed the door,

“What’s with her?” Her father asked,

Ji Eun’s mother smacked him on the head,
“Jonghyun was her first love for three years honey! Learn what you should say! He’s been dating her best friend and Ji Eun has still loved the boy for three years…..”

 

------------------------------------------------

______________

Jonghyun’s P.O.V

_______________

Jonghyun walked inside the SM building holding hands with his girlfriend, Shin Sekyung. They were quite the happy couple and everyone in the building seemed to gaze at them as they walked through the halls.

As they finally reached front of Jonghyun’s meeting, He stopped his girlfriend,
“Alright babe, I gotta go do some work business.”

“Aw, Oppa….. Can’t I come? It’s my day off….” Sekyung pouted.

Jonghyun grinned at her innocence and pinched her cheeks, “I know yeobo….. I wish you could, but it’s something I have to do by myself, I’ll see for dinner at the restaurant at eight, araso?”

Sekyung smiled and kissed her boyfriend o the lips, “Don’t work too long.” Sekyung winked and left the halls.

Jonghyun then entered the room and his manager’s eyes fell upon his presence,
“Jonghyun! Come in!” He welcomed,

“Hello sir, so I’m here knowing I was chosen for the SM judge and trainer?”

His manager nodded his head and welcomed Jonghyun to the guest chair, “Of course Jonghyun! I’m happy you agreed to this!”

“No problem, Taemin’s busy for being a host for a new dance show, Key had to go to  funeral, Onew left for a KFC convention, Minho’s working on a drama, and I gotta keep yourself busy, right?”

“Of course, which is why with your excellent talents, I trust you with the choice!” His manager smirked and handed Jonghyun a file,

“What’s this?”

“The contestants, what else? You have to organize the meeting!”

Jonghyun stared at the huge stack of applications and sighed,
“AIsh….. What a pain, I’ll get to them at home then…..” Jonghyun said in a non enthusiastic tone and walked out of the office.

“Oh wait Jonghyun! You dropped an application, Jonghyun rolled his eyes since he had enough application as it was. He took the piece of paper and took a quick glance at. it

But as soon as he did, Jonghyun dropped all the files to the floor, every single one, making aloud splash of papers. His eyes widened, jaw dropped, and he began to have butterflies in his stomach he hadn’t felt in tree years, His heart began to race out of control and he felt his whole body pulsing but could not move a single inch.

“Jonghyun! What the heck!? Pick them up this instant!”

Jonghyun’ didn’t seem to pay attention and he slowly looked up at his manager and pointed at the application,

“Who….. is she?”

His manager’s eyes squinted and read through the application to see the name.
“Lee Ji Eun….. Applying for singing? Why? Do you know her?”