Chapter 3 - Witches And Wolves

The Beast Within [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's eyes followed her as she walked to the school building. He was so enthralled by her, he barely listened to what Sehun was telling him.

"Yah~ Jongin ah~," Sehun exclaimed, finally frustrated that Kai was not listening to him.

"Huh? What?" Kai said stupidly, still devising a plan to get closer to the mystery girl.

"Are you going to listen to me?" Sehun grimaced, punching Kai in the shoulder to get his full attention.

"Ouch," Kai said, rubbing his shoulder, "Yes, I am." He turned his full attention to Sehun. Kai would devise his strategy to learn about the witch later.

"I was suggesting that we try out for the dance club this year. Last year it was run by those bastards who could not even dance... However, I think EunHyuk and DongHae would give us a fair chance to audition. What do you think?" Sehun asked excitedly.

To be honest, Kai loved dancing. He was good at it, especially supple because of the transformations. The beast within gave him an edge in athletics. He was stronger, faster, and more agile and had better stamina than the regular humans and athletes. The downside... Exerting his athletic side seems to bring the wolf closer to the surface, making it harder to control the animal instinct.

"Well..." Sehun asked stretching the syllables out.

"Okay, okay," Kai replied against his better judgement, "I guess we can give it a shot. When do we audition?"

For once, he wanted to do something he loved and had a passion for. He will control his animal side somehow, he has been doing it for years. The wolf side to him had prevented him from enjoying physical activity for too long.

 "Lunchtime, in the auditorium. The club is having a display while people register," Sehun replied.

"Alright... We'll go. Once Kyungsoo comes," Kai muttered.

"You'd swear you can't do anything without him," Sehun said, laughing at Kai. 

Well, I need the support of my best friend, Kai thought pouting.

His excitement, Kai decided, was catchy. He would not disappoint Sehun. They had been friends for years and this would be the first time they joined something together. First period started and Kai headed to Study Hall. He tossed his bag down on a table near the window and waited for the teacher to come. If the teacher showed up at all. Kai was staring out the window when the scent caught his attention again. It smelled like cherry blossoms, peach and jasmine. A heady combination and unique to her person. It did not have the underlying alcohol based that he could identify in perfumes. The scent was her own.

That girl again, he thought, why is she here? She took the seat in front of him, her delicious scent blowing into his face with the gentle breeze circulated by the fan. He knew he would never forget her scent, he would be able to identify her in a crowd, alone, anywhere. He closed his eyes momentarily, allowing himself to enjoy the delectable fragrance. She turned to him and smiled.

"Hello wolf," she said smirking, her eyes smouldering.

Kai felt breathless from her beautiful smile, no human girl ever had this effect on him. She is not human stupid, a snarky voice at the back of his mind reminded him.

"Hello witch," he said cynically, refusing to show the effect she had on him "It was quite a surprise mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter