Chapter 2 - Only Human

The Beast Within [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai rolled over, groaning with pain. His entire body ached and throbbed. Phasing from human to wolf and back took a lot of energy and a lot of muscle work. He got off his bed wearily and stretched, working out some of the kinks and knots in his tense muscles. Bleary eyed, he made his way to his bathroom.
"C'mon Kai, you can do this. Normal. You can be normal," he said looking into his steamy mirror at his handsome reflection.
He stepped into the shower and the spray on full. Cold water blasted his face, shocking him awake. Quickly he bathed; lathering body wash over his muscular body then rinsed and wrapped up in his towel.
He dressed in a black shirt and skinny jeans, brushing his dyed blonde hair to achieve his carefully windswept look.
"Here's to another day in the human school," Kai said smiling at his reflection. He had to admit that he looked pretty good despite his long night.
"Jongin!!! You'll be late for school," his mother called.

"Stop calling me that," he grimaced as his mother used his full name. It was the name his father had given him and he hated it. He wanted no connection with the acursed man who left him and his darling mother.

“Hurry up!” she shouted, “You still have to eat breakfast.”

Yuck! Breakfast. He was still full from the deer he had consumed the night before. His insides felt queasy at the thought of cooked food. The wolf was still close to the surface of his mind.

As he ran down the staircase, he vaguely remembered his wanderings from last night. He had needed to let the inner beast out, needed to control it. Then, there was that mysterious girl, a witch, in the woods. There had never been another supernaturalist before, not in this town anyway. Kai felt undeniably and powerfully drawn to the girl. He did not remember her face, but her remembered looking into her piercing brown eyes as the wolf and feeling the attraction.

“Mom… I think I’ll skip breakfast today,” Kai said as he poked his head into the kitchen. Being a single parent, his mother was obsessed about his well-being, especially in ensuring that he ate well.

She narrowed her eyes at him, “You need to eat something Jongin ah~” A small pout was beginning to form. Kai sighed heavily; he would do anything to please his caring mother.

“Alright,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter