Chapter 16

Our Problematic Relationship

 

 

It’s weird. But Daehyun didn’t climb into your room for the whole week. And he looked totally fine in the morning, as if he had good sleep the night before. Usually, he would climb at least once a week, when his nightmares are not too haunting.

 

But for the whole week? “Are you okay, Dae?,” you asked him. The homework routine continued as usual, though. Or else one of you might end up not doing it at all.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You didn’t come into my room at night. Are you fine with sleeping alone now?”

 

He shrugged and then ignored your question. He continued his work. But your suspicious eyes refuse to leave him alone, so he had to stopped his work and looked back at you. “Why? Do you want to sleep with me?,” he asked you so boldly while smiling his naughty smiles causing you to look away.

 

“Don’t tempt me, friend. I’m still a man,” he said.

 

Seeing him like that, you started to doubt yourself. He is acting weird lately. No, he has been acting weird ever since he got that fever last week. Now that you think about it again, you realized you and Daehyun did not spend so much time together after the rain.

 

Let me recall back what happened. First, after the morning rain incident, he did not climb into your room that night, which is weird. Next, he told you to go to Luhan, which is… unexplainably strange.

 

After that, when you came home, he did not ask anything about what you did with Luhan when you know he used to annoyingly interrogate every things that connect you to Luhan.

 

Other routine continued as normal. Wake him up, wait for him downstairs, walk to school together, sometimes walk back home together… and homework. Except sleeping together, everything seemed normal.

 

Now, now Naeun. Why are you acting as if you are having Daehyun deprivation? Well, maybe because you are used to have Daehyun in your life for almost 24/7. Now that he is acting as if he no longer needs you, you felt a  little… disappointed?

 

Maybe you seemed lost, blanking out in your own thinking mode, Daehyun snapped his fingers few times in front of you. Daehyun chuckled when you finally come to your sense. “Naeun-ah. It seems like you are the one who is not okay here… Alright, alright. I’ll sleep with you tonight”

 

“Huh?! No no! I’m okay! It’s just weird… You don’t have nightmares anymore?”

 

He shrugged again to those kinds of questions without answering them clearly. You decided not to think too positively. Knowing Daehyun, he can look fine and then suddenly turned into someone else in a split seconds.

 

But he did keep his words, he slept with you that night, without all the hugging and cuddling though. And you regret asking him about it, because you didn’t get any sleep because it was so damn weirdly awkward. To have him close, but he felt soooo far away.

 

 

 

“You didn’t sleep last night?,” Luhan opened the soft drink tin and pass it to you. You took it and rested your head on his shoulder. You and Luhan were on the rooftop, and he was sitting beside you, resting his back against the wall.

 

The rooftop has been an unofficial dating place for you and Luhan. He lock the door and there you have privacy since you are dating secretly. You had fun sneaking out from the class to the rooftop, avoiding other students.

 

Junhee, Luhan’s little girlfriend, he broke up with her on Tuesday.

 

Since she was the one who confessed first, her heart broke and you had to watch her running with teary eyes from afar. It’s for the better though, she can’t continue dating him when he is dating you. That is like playing with a little girl’s heart.

 

That will be crueler than dumping her. Not that Luhan is not used to play with girls’ heart, but you sternly said he needs to stop doing that.

 

He took a sip of his own drink. Then he took the cheese bread that he bought and split it into two. He gave half of it to you.

 

“I didn’t sleep last night~,” you pouted and took the bread from him without raising your head from his shoulder. And you heard he heave a sigh.

 

“You slept with him last night?,” he asked.

 

You nodded. And you saw he clenched fist against the tin he was holding. You wanted to take back your words but even if you lied, Luhan knows better. So you just told him the truth…

 

“I wish I could just take you away from your house and keep you in my room”

 

“That would be creepy, Luhan,” you took a bite of your bread.

 

He laughed half-heartedly. It was a joke, but it came from his honest heart.

 

“It just felt soo unfair. He does so many things with you, while we can only meet secretly like this”

 

His jealousy made you chuckled. “I thought we agreed on that together, that night. No matter how big our greed grows, never cross the line. Secret must remained as secret”

 

He smiled sadly and took another sip of his drink, as if it can wash away the pain he felt inside him. But few seconds later, he turned back into the cheery Luhan to lift up the mood.

 

“By the way, dear. Don’t forget. We have a date tomorrow!”

 

You finally raised your head, questioning him with your eyes. “We have?”

 

“Yup! Hyewon is going to ask Daehyun for a date today, so I’ll pick you up at eleven tomorrow”

 

You slapped your head. You almost forgotten that Luhan asked you to come to his house on the weekend. But… “Is it really okay to do this?”

 

“Of course it is! Just trust me”

 

Yeah. Trust him, Naeun. You should trust him. 

 

 

 

 

Till next chapter~ ^^