Chapter 17

Our Problematic Relationship

First. I don't know why I wrote this. This is like the longest chapter I've ever wrote so far. But I wrote it. Yup. Gahh! I'm bad at writing fluffy.. But, here it is...


 

 

     “Did I come too early?” he asked, with his playful innocent face.

 

     You stared at him from your bed, “…. Yes”. He just woke you up and you still have your bed hair, more fibrous than they usually look. You were in a mess and he stood there against your doorframe, crossed arm and smiling. He is enjoying this.

 

     “Gosh Luhan! It’s freaking ten. We still have an hour before the promised time,” you ruffled your hair, annoyed that he disturbed your sleep. Fortunately, Daehyun has left your room earlier. Yes, you slept with him last night in the same ‘stranger’ position.

 

    But you almost scream when you find not Daehyun, but Luhan knocking your door when you wake up that morning. Luhan chuckled to your annoyed face while he make his way towards you.

 

    “Aren’t you being too comfortable for our first date?” he placed himself on the corner of your bed. “I thought you would wake up early, have your shower and breakfast while smiling dreamily, having troubles with choosing the cutest dress you could wear, and trying to match it with other accessories…” he paused to shrug.

 

     “Well, I thought you’d be nervous for our first date,” he tapped you nose. “I didn’t even get any sleep last night”

 

     “Liar”

 

     He laughed. “Yeah, I lied. I forced myself to sleep at ten last night so that I can enjoy the date with you today. But, lesson number five; prepare yourself two hours earl---”

 

    “Pause! O come on, Lulu. Stop those lessons… I need to shower” you tried to get off from your bed but your movement was paused when suddenly, “Let’s go together,” he said. You scowled as you hit his arm. He really need to stop thinking about those things, it is getting serious.

 

    “Wait. Here. Luhan” you said as you rummage through your closet. “By the way, how did you get in? I could not recall if mom and dad ever said anything about going out today…”

 

     “I talked to your parents. They let me in” he grinned and made a V pose with his hand.

 

    You shook your head, disappointed. So much for being good parents… How can they just let him in? You reached for your towel and walk into the bathroom with the dress you prepared to wear before you come out of it.

 

     There is no way you could dress up in your room when that ert waiting outside!

 

 

 

 

     The refreshing morning wind gushed pass your cheek as Luhan force down the gas pedal to his house. The ocean blue sky and the songs from the birds that flock together amuse you with sweet melodies of excited heartbeat. They tell you that today is going to be great.

 

     He said you can trust him, and you did, albeit quarter of that trust has jumped out of the window when he barged into your room that morning. Luhan beamed when he saw you smiled.

 

     He reached for your hand, interlocked them perfectly together and kept the position as he act dumb when you glance at him. You chortled at his mischievous side.

 

      Nothing will go wrong today...

 

      Nothing can go wrong.

 

      Nothing ought to…

 

 

 

 

 

      “Luhan, what are we doing?”

 

      “Dating”

 

      “And why are we here?” your eyes caught the beautiful motion of the falling leaves from the golden and maple colored trees, that was intently arranged in two rows opposite to one another. The walking path at the recreation park is filled with chatters dulcet tones, cheerful smiles, and laughter. Girls are wearing cute dresses and their men, gorgeous as ever.

 

      Couples.

 

      He shrugged as he rub the back of his neck, trying to find the best excuse so that you will stop being angry with him. He then grabbed your shoulder as he search for your wandering eyes.

 

      “Listen. I’d love to have you at my house, in my room, squeezing you in my arms any given time, Naeun dear. But bear with me for one hour, please.”

 

      You sighed. Because you know, you cannot win over him. “Just one hour, and then we will go wherever you want,” he tried to sway you with his doe-like eyes.

 

      “What if Daehyun and your sister, or just someone from school see us together?”

 

      “You can say that I forced you to come, I always do that”

 

      “Except that, this time you didn’t. I came with you willingly…” you put on your straight face. “If the secret is out, Lulu, we might break up even without goodbyes” and both of you do not want that to happen.

 

      “Don’t you trust me?”

 

      “Half of it has been blown by the wind”

 

      He pouted to your cold reply. “Alright…” But he did not give up. “How about 10 minutes?” he purposely blinked his eyes few times to win your heart.

 

      “Just one ice-cream while sitting on that bench like normal lovers, holding hands and smiling at each other… What about that?”

 

      You looked at the ice-cream stall three meters away from where you stand, and then your eyes drifted towards the romantic bench facing the playfield that Luhan suggested.

 

      Lastly, your eyes fixed to the pleading face of Luhan in front of you.

 

      A sighed slipped between your breaths as you walked with heavy steps towards the stall. “Why do you like ice-cream so much?” you said as you pulled his wrist. He broke in to a grin when he knows you gave in.

 

      Sweet victory.

 

 

 

 

      He held his chocolate ice cream with his left hand while you held your peppermint one with your right hand. The other part, as he wished, were holding and locking each other’s hand.And both of you sat like that on the romantic old bench under the trees with falling leaves, hand in hand, throwing gaze at each other and sometimes to the playfield.

 

       At times, his gaze could pierce right through your eyes, and it causes your synapse to dance in a funny way that your pulse rate escalated too quickly for your heart to adapt.

 

      “Naeun-ah” he called out while admiring the sight of an old couple exercising together on the playfield. And the sight of a chubby young kid running and laughing while trying to catch his other friends.

 

       “Eung?”

 

       He smiled at the tranquilities in your voice.

 

       “Since when did you start to fall for my charms?”

 

       Baffled. You threw a glance at him but quickly withdrew when your eyes met his. Electrified.

 

       “Was it love at first sight?” he guessed but you shook your head.

 

       “Then… was it when I walked you home on my tenth trial to hit on you? I gave you chocolates”

 

       You giggled. He looked disappointed at that time, when you said that you dislike chocolates. He then whined about how expensive, how precious, and how hard it took him to choose them.

 

       But no, you said.

 

       “So, tell me when?”

 

       You made a thinking face. Organizing your words. Doubting your own answer. “Honestly. I don’t know when did it start. But I am pretty sure I had things for you when I told you that we will never work three years ago…”

 

       “Christmas eve”…. He took a mouthful of the melting ice cream, reminiscing. “I went to your house, forced you to meet me downstairs and you came down to break my heart…”

 

       Both of you smiled bitterly. That day he found out many things about you and the boy next door. You told him your daily routine. About Daehyun, your neighbor, that sleeps with you. About you who cannot love someone more that you love him.

 

       Telling Luhan, that he need to stop doing whatever he is doing.

 

       He was shaken at first, but then a week after that he came back. Saying that it is okay. He will wait. Though, you do not know what he is waiting for.

 

       “You were sure you have things for me, but you told me to stop loving you.. My Naeun, have some skills!” he shook your hand in his grip to tease you.

 

       “Well, because I begin to have things for you, that’s why I have to stop you from marching towards me. Or I might surrender even before the battle cry start. And many people will get hurt. I’m just… not good in expressing my love and it is not like I can love you, either... So things just went on like that….”

 

       “I know…”

 

       “You know…?”

 

       “I know you have no talent in expressing your love the proper way. You love with glares, stares and harsh words” he grinned as he finishes his ice cream. “That is why I’m giving you love lessons”

 

       See. He knows so many things regarding you!

 

      “Let’s go. Before someone recognizes us” you stood up and pulled his hand to get him on his feet. You tossed the ice cream stick into the nearest bin.

 

       “Are we going home?” Luhan asked as he tried to match your steps.

 

       “Your home” you said and he smiled brightly.

 

       The light soft breeze and the yellow descending leaves and the melodies from the brushing trees along with the throbbing heart of yours made him so beautifully breathtaking, you wished that moment stop forever.

 

       Except that, it hurts.

 

       It hurts so much you think your heart might blow up from all the pumping activity that they do because he takes your breathe away. Killing you softly with his golden smiles. And Lord, is it even possible to not fall for this brat when he is this charming?

 

       “So tell me why you like peppermints, dear?”

 

 

 

 

       No one is at home but the house cleaners. “Do you want something to drink? Or cakes? Or perhaps snacks?” He led you straight to his room the moment you arrive.

 

       “None of that, thanks,” your eyes fall onto the small frames on a blue shelve in his room. Is this he, you asked as you moved yourself to them. His room is neat, and look and smell like… a boy’s room. He closed the door and you heard the ‘tick’ sound when he locked it.

 

       Few seconds later, he got you wrapped from you back in his hands, resting his chin on your shoulder to see what you were looking at. “This is me when I was six. … And this is me with Hyewon” You smiled widely. He is cutee~

 

       “Hyewon is cuter,” you commented teasingly. He pouted. “Well everyone is cuter than me when I was kid. But boy, look at me now!”

 

You chuckled at his proud self. “What about you now? I see no difference”

 

       “Okey, no I won’t tolerate that”

 

       He then gently, but strong enough to force you move to the bed. He turned you around so that you can face him and in no time, he made you fall on your back with a small thud. And he jump onto you, but did not fall on you.

 

       He kept the gap, enough for your panting chest to move up and down without touching him. And he smirked as he bit his bottom lip. He overpowered you.

 

       “Luhan…!” you sent him a warning through your stern tone yet, shaky voice. And he giggled above you. “Can you see the difference? I’m nineteen now”

 

       Nothing but glares. You sent him glares, telling him he’ll be dead in the next few minutes if he does not get off from you. To be honest, you were scared. Not a little bit moved by your words, he decided to peck your left cheek. “Luhan!” . Then, right cheek, ignoring your death stares.

 

       You had no choice but to flip him over with a little bit of your Taekwando trick. “Woah! I know you are strong, but I didn’t know you are this strong…” and he continue to giggle below you. Hopeless and helpless ert.

 

       Shooking your head, you tried to move off from him but he had your waist wrapped skillfully, pulling you back to him. After you fall fully on him, he turned to his left side so that you can lie on the bed next to him, with his arm as your pillow.

 

       He pushed back your hair and caressed your face, tracing invincible lines. Eyes. Nose. Lips. Stop. And he finally tapped your nose. “I won’t do anything that will scare you, so put that thought down. I told you, you can trust me”

 

       And you heave a sigh of relief. You are breathing back to normal, though, a little bit panting because you have been holding your breathe since he placed you next to him. This is bad. He is mad. But you want him, as much as you want to push him away.

 

       One thing for sure, he is appalling for your heart activities.

 

      “I seriously think I need to frequently see the doctors from now on. Maybe I should do monthly medical check up”

 

       “Huh, why?”

 

       “Because I might suddenly drop dead from heart attacks”

 

       He laughed. You said you might drop dead and he laughed. And you cannot even pick on that because he looked so happy. He knows that you know why he laughed, because he knows what you mean by those words.

 

       “So are you saying that I made you nervous?”

 

       You rolled your eyes in denials.

 

       He then took your hand and pressed it against his chest, so that you can have a taste of the havoc that you cause him in there. “Now, can you explain this? Tell me by words, what have you done to me?”

 

     Lost for words, you smiled hesitantly. “Sorrry,” left your mouth after few seconds of struggling with your embarrassment. “It’s okay. I forgive you every time you made chaos inside of me. I like the throbbing pain. It warms me”

 

       He pulled you in his embrace and you enfolded your hands around him. His scents. His warmth. His gentleness. His love. Luhan always make you feel precious and loved. And you felt verily loved by him. Anyone would have doubt his love because he expressed it too much that it seems easy for him. It is easy for him.

 

       But you have known him longer than that, to know that he truly loves you.

 

       “I’m sorry, too…”

 

       You pulled back from is hug. “For..?”

 

       “I think I’m going too fast with you”

 

       “I’m surprised that you know~,” you said, more to mock him while smiling.

 

       “It’s just… my greed keeps getting bigger. And I feel like I’m going to lose you anytime. That is why I am doing everything I can, things that I want to do with you, appreciating and enjoying every seconds we have together” he searched for your eyes and lock them together.

 

       “Because listen dear…,” he continued, low and brittle, “….though I sound so sure and confident, I am not… I don’t know what tomorrow will bring. And I’m still thinking that I’m dreaming to have you in my arms now…”

 

       Love. Overflowing from his gaze.

 

       You do not know how to response to his confessions. But hugging him seemed like the best thing to do. So you hugged him. And he hugged you back. Sweet.

 

      That last, until he started to move to the next step as he hauled you up to his eye level. And you saw him hesitated as he slowly leaned into you. You know what he is trying to do and you are not supposed to let him does it because that is…

 

       But you let him be, hypnotized by his glistening mesmerizing eyes. You closed your eyes as his lips gently brushed against yours. He gave you kisses accompanied by saccharine taste in the air and exquisite tune from two pulsating core.

 

       Both of you felt impeccable together.

 

       Nothing will go wrong now...

 

       Nothing can go wrong.

 

       Nothing ought to… 

 

 

 

 

 

P/S : Have you seen Bad Man MV? I died.