Off to the Skies

Daydream~ [One-shot/Drabble Collection]

Off to the Skies - Sehun (EXO) and OC

In the woods we met, we separated.

The trees appeared darker than I remembered. The soil was much softer than before, as if I could sink into the earth anytime. The water in the stream moved faster than when we first met. You had to pick this day to leave me. The heavens just had to force us to separate on this day. The elements were not in our favour, and could it be your elemental brothers' way of pulling us apart?

Oh, how perfect.

The walk was silent but the crackling of the leaves with our every step. I needn't speak, you'll know I'm here. You can't stop me from following you, deep into the woods. To that waterfall, where you'll disappear.

"Stop." You called out suddenly. It was so abrupt I jumped a little. Your back faces me, and I prayed that you'll turn around, to show me your smile once again. To tell me you were joking all along, and you won't return to the skies.

But you didn't.

Instead, you continued walking, your long legs carrying you away from me. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. Did you put some spell on me to stop me from talking? The last time I checked, you controlled the wind, not the human body.

"Se-Sehun ah..." I stuttered when I regained my voice. You didn't turn around, but you stopped. I took the chance to close up the gap between us and hugged you from behind. I inhaled your scent, one that smelled like the mountains. Refreshing, that was what I called it. A gentle breeze surrounded us, despite the density of the woods.

"You know I can't stay," You croaked. "I found what I was sent down here for, and if I don't go back... You might get hurt."

My grip around your waist loosened. You never told me that. I thought you were leaving because your time was up. Like you said when we first met.

"Why?" I managed to croak out. Tears welled up in my eyes, not wanting to accept anything, not even the looming fate that stands before us.

"Divines... aren't supposed to love humans." You explained. I felt a drop of liquid on my forearm, and it took me a while to realise you were crying. "If we fall in love, and declare it officially... They will kill the both of us. I don't want you to get hurt. I promised you, and myself, that."

I froze. So that was why you had to leave? But that's not fair! Why must you be a divine, and me a measly human?! I wanted to scream and whine like a child, I had every right to, but no words came out. I only hugged you tighter, my tears spilling into the back of your white shirt.

You gently pulled my arms apart and turned around. Your dark hazelnut eyes stared right back into mine. It was the same pair of eyes I feared, and the same pair of eyes I grew to love. You leaned in closer to give me a light peck on my forehead, and I could feel a breeze surround us. Almost immediately after, all I see was black.

When I woke up, you were gone. Another warm breeze brushed past my arm, this time it lingered longer than before. I looked up at the sky through the holes in the canopy.

The sun was setting, and I loved sunsets to bits. The sky was exceptionally red, and perhaps, just perhaps, that was your last message to me.

"Chase your dreams, stay passionate about what you're doing. You are the most beautiful crystal on earth, don't let anyone put you down. Remember that, alright? Promise me?"

And maybe...

"I love you." I whispered, keeping that cool warmth in my heart.

 


Crappy, I know. I'M SO SORRY! /bursts into tears

I was out of my mind during self-study session and this idea struck me while I was listening to a sad song on my iPod. I'm not contented with this so I'll keep this as a drabble. I have no story for this, it just came out of nowhere.

I'm writing a new fic now, and I'm just trying to find the perfect characters to fit into my story. It's so difficult >< But I'll try.

Really want to do a boyxboy fic (bromance of course, not ) but no inspiration lately T^T INSPIRATION COME AT ME BRUH!

Off to study.

T^T

Get me out of this nightmare!

Kay bye.