Colour

Daydream~ [One-shot/Drabble Collection]

Colour - Taemin (SHINee) and Sulli (f(x))

"Why do you like the colour white so much?" Taemin asked. He stuffed his hand in his jean pocket and held a ladies' tote bag in the other.

"Me? It's a comforting colour, to me at least." Sulli replied. She finished tying her ponytail and retrieved her bag.

"It stings the eye sometimes though," Taemin replied. He briefly scanned Sulli from head to toe, she wore a casual white v-neck shirt, a pair of jeans and white flats. Even her bag was white, with cream-coloured circles.

"You said 'sometimes'." She looked up at Taemin with her child-like eyes. He quickly looked away, sure that his face was red. Sulli did not notice though, she continued walking beside Taemin.

"It's a colour that is pure and beautiful on its own. It's a colour that has been associated with me since young." She scoffed a little. Taemin nodded. Sulli had fair skin and pearly white teeth, qualities many girls would kill for (Her height was enviable too, but that's besides the point).

Taemin then noticed the ring on her finger. It was silver with a small yellow gem on it. Yellow, it was the colour Sulli described Taemin. Yellow, was the colour that Sulli was not extremely fond of.

"What about yellow? Is it still disgusting to you?" Taemin asked, trying to keep his tone casual. He resisted the urge to smile or laugh.
She pondered for a while before replying, "I like pale yellow, not those dark yucky ones. It's... comforting to the eye." She cleared , feeling embarrassed for a reason she was not willing to admit. She quickened her pace.

Luckily for Taemin, he had long (and beautifully slender) legs. He managed to catch up with her and asked, "So am I pale yellow or yucky yellow?"

Sulli stopped. She turned to look at Taemin. Slowly, she said softly, "Pale yellow..."

"What?" Taemin asked. He heard her alright, he just wanted her to say it one more time. It was childish, but he did not care. Since when was he ever mature anyways?

"Look at what you're wearing, you stupid idiot!" Sulli exclaimed and marched away, utterly embarrassed with herself. A soft shade of pink coloured her cheeks.

Taemin let out a careless laugh. He jogged after Sulli, his pale yellow shirt bouncing along. To say it reflected his feelings was an understatement, but yellow was definitely the colour that can represent the immense joy he was feeling.


Hehe, just something random I thought of ages ago. There's some sort of storyline to this but the idea was so vague I can't even think of a proper way to start the story so this ended up being a drabble. I know Taelli's pretty overated, and I'll try pairing him up with someone else someday.

Working on a Jongstal story now, then deciding whether to send it for a contest. Hope it'll turn out well and I can make a poster before my one week 'holiday' ends!